PDA

View Full Version : Comic Con & Hasbro: what do you want me to ask? - and the answers!

Tycho
07-17-2003, 05:27 AM
I'm at Comic Con and Steve and I are talking to Hasbro everyday.

What do you guys want to know? Post the questions, I'll post the answers here, and Steve will keep up the great coverage he's been doing at every convention everywhere.

Oh - and if this thread gets big, read the Q&A posted here. If I don't answer your question, I am ignoring you because I'm mean - (no seriously, it's because you didn't read, it's been asked, I've answered, and I only have so much time...)

Simdog
07-17-2003, 08:06 AM
I would like to know the status of currently unreleased figures like:

Holo Nute and Lott Dodd
Swamp Obi Wan (trophy asst)
Bespin Capture Vader

I also want to know if we will ever get a Biggs in Academy uniform.

Whats the deal with he Sandcrawler and the Cloud car?

Will we see Hermi Odle?

Will we ever see Ewok Capture Luke, Han, Chewie and R2 as well as diety C-3PO from that scene in ROTJ?

JEDIpartner
07-17-2003, 09:59 AM
Why was the Geonosian detention device removed from the Arena Playset and repacked as a TRU 4-pack exclusive and when is this bugger coming out???!!!!

2-1B
07-17-2003, 11:46 AM
Why does the cardback for Barriss Offee boast that the figure is "super articulated" when the figure's legs are fixed an a permanent position? :confused:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-17-2003, 11:53 AM
Will the Jedi Council packs come with lightsabers? What about a cloak for Mace?

Are there going to be any more four-packs like the stormtroopers? What about like the TRU exclusives?

Will we ever get more podracers?

Where the hell is my Kitster and Wald 2-pack?

Why have they been calling the new Palpatine items, clearly based on ROTJ, Sidious? (Unleashed, 3.75" figure)

Will Ephant Mon ever ship in greater numbers?

Are there going to be more Clone Wars basic figures?

Are they going to resculpt some of the crappy old figures?

Are the action features done forever, or just for the rest of the year?

Is an AT-TE in the works?

Will we get more ewoks? Wookiees? Cantina patrons? Jabba's palace thugs? Senators? Amidala costumes?

Are they planning on doing Padmé's family as figures?

Ask them to see the thoughts of a 13-year-old thread in the Dear Hasbro section!

Sorry for so many, but you asked . . .

DyeJedi
07-17-2003, 11:57 AM
Not about Saga, but ask them what's the deelio with Action Fleet, and why some places were able to get the AF Gunship and Slave 1, but they've never been seen since. Thanks.

icatch9
07-17-2003, 12:34 PM
Are we going to see the R2 D2/C3P0 Holiday two pack again this holiday season or is it something of the past?

Tycho
07-17-2003, 01:06 PM
OK: first update. Lot of Q&A covered here:

1) THE FALCON: First, I spent literally AN HOUR on the Falcon with Andy, Jeff (taking Andy's place), and Brian (who sculpted Ephant, Council, Separatists).

I will be in contact with their market research on a payment program done with online retailers over a scale version of the Falcon for 3 3/4" figures. They want to do it - a full size Falcon. They don't know if good PR with their main stores (Wal*Mart, Target, TRU) will let them merchandise through online retailers that way, and told me they will look into it. I will provide them with a written plan for merchandising it this way. It's the only way to do it.

2004: KebCo, Brian's Toy, Entertainment Earth, Yestertoys, NewForceComics, etc. puts out an agreement: YOU start making payments for $50 a month (or whatever is required) with these garauntees:

a) if there's not enough interest in the ship (people paying after 1 year) there will be no ship. You get a check from your online retailer that returns all your money cash - not merchandise credit - cash back. It's like a savings account with no interest. It's a legal contract: no ship, they have to give you your money.

b) if after 1 year, there is a level of investment by buyers paying cash into an installment plan of a pre-order, YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR REMAINING BALANCE on the ship, you cannot get your moeny back, your retailer garauntees you a ship in 2006. In 2005, money is transferred from online retailers to Hasbro, they begin the tooling (which costs them an enormous amount of money) so they are garaunteed what they produce will be bought and worth A PROFIT for them on the tooling costs.

c) I've asked to hear back from them in a few months on what market research they can do to estimate the tooling cost. I approached a price point on the ship like this: if they would have to sell 25,000 Falcons (typical run) at 100, = 2,500,000 in revenue, could they make the ship cost $250 and only make 10,000 of them (per 10,000 paid installment plans PRE-ORDERED A YEAR BEFORE TOOLING BEGINS - you'll have to trust them!) or could they make 5,000 ships, you pay $500, and so forth. Each combination = 2 million, 500, 000 in revenue for them. What will the tooling cost, and what kind of profit do they need to make to justify the ship? They are in business to make money! That's how they put food on the table and pay for their house, but they do love Star Wars and would love to make this for the fans.

But by contrast, the Imperial Shuttle costed retailers about $55 to buy. Hasbro was not thrilled that FAO Schwartz charged almost 3 times that. They had no control over that.

Online retailers would also have to make a profit - that could make this cost more than a $500 ship. They might be competitive if Yestertoys underpriced their pre-order by $75 over what Brian's Toys might charge, but it would be up to them. Companies use political power over Hasbro to not allow Hasbro to sell direct. Hasbro's tooling costs and operations would force them bankrupt if they angered their main buyers (WalMart, TRU, Target, and even the smaller guys they did business with) and had to directely relay on us for immediate sales.

d) remember this Millennium Falcon would be as big as your kitchen table! Recall the TRU hanging display Falcon from 1997? Similar to that size. ARe you going to pay up to $600 for a ship that HAS TO BE displayed as the center-piece in your living room with no privacy for your collection? (you could remove a BED from one room and put it there....)

e) They would most likely move on it with successful, non-refundable, blind pre-orders. That is you can't see a sample product before installing your money, and if they do make it, you cannot get a refund. You'll sign that agreement, and move your furniture to place your Falcon at home.

I AM FOR THIS. YOU NEED TO BE READY TO PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS. You are asking the company to produce something they have never done: a very adult market collector item. Kids don't get $600 toys if that's what it will come out to if it gets a real limited run.

Remember, fans pay Master Replicas hundreds of dollars for prop lightsabers, life-size Yoda's, etc. But they are easier to fit in your collection than something who's size might turn your off. Keep it in mind.

Next questions will be shorter. But I spent an hour with Hasbro on this and will give them a payment program for it in writing today or tomorrow.

InsaneJediGirl
07-17-2003, 01:10 PM
Any plans for Expanded Universe Figures if the Clone Wars line is successful?

Are more Playskool sets in the works?

Beast
07-17-2003, 01:17 PM
What's going on with the Jabba The Hutt w/ Dais that was supposed to be coming in 2004. Andy from Galactic Hunter said that last night Hasbro said it may be put on hold, for a number of reasons.

Now with the large focus on ROTJ that has been hinted at by Hasbro for 2004, why pull their keystone product. Is it due to retailer reluctance, not having an assortment that the Jabba would fit into, or some other reason?

With as much anticipation as the Jabba's garnered since they originally said it was planned, it seems rediculous to pull it. So, what's the deal here. Is Jabba dead in the water for 2004?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
07-17-2003, 01:19 PM
Where the heck is our beloved Yarna figure???
Will they make more ANH cantina aliens??
Will they make general Rieekan?
When is the new Jabba slated for release?

Tycho
07-17-2003, 01:23 PM
Distribution: is the fault of Wal*Mart, Target, TRU. SirStevesGuide.com can draft a form letter for all of you to sign and mail at your own expense to the corporate headquarters of these chains, or do it on your own. The time it would take you to print and sign it, stamp and send it, is less than the time you already spend complaining about it here.

The point to make with Wal*Mart and Target is:

1)you buy toilet paper, pet food, mouthwash, toothepaste. You (hopefully) make alist of the things they sell that you need.

2) if you go out looking for SW figures at these stores because stuff is shipping, and you don't find stuff at Wal*Mart, you go to the next store to find your SW figures, and buy whatever else you need after the newest figures are in your shopping cart.

3) I have Wat Tambler, Padme etc. They were stocked overnight. I went to Wal*Mart at 6:45 am and did not find them. I went and ate breakfast until 7:45 am and waited for Target to open. They had 2 cases and I have friends that collect. I bought everything but the re-packs (Han, etc). Had I shopped for toothepaste at Wal*Mart, the next guy, or a scalper, would have had my Wat Tambler. I got my cranberry juice and cereal at Target with 4 Wat Tamblers, 4 Padme's, 4 Coleman Trebors, 2 Aayla Securas, etc. etc. My bill (That Wal*Mart did NOT get the business on) was close to $100. Target got it because they had figures. Save your receipts for those purchases with SW and OTHER items from these chain stores. SEND THEM WITH YOUR LETTER SO THEY KNOW WHAT TYPE OF SALES THEY ARE LOSING. The last thing Target wants is a satisfied Wal*Mart customer's receipt!

Now Hasbro called Wal*Mart and told them that Target bought and sold out of 10,000 Star Wars figures (real number). They are ordering more. Wal*Mart at best, was indifferent and didn't sound like they really cared.

HASBRO IS NOT THE PROBLEM! (minus improvements on what's packed in case assortments) But the Wat Tambler case is a great case. All should sell as Target proved. So again, write the corporate offices of TRU, Target, and Wal*Mart. I'll try and draft a letter and have Steve put it up on the home page for your to print out, sign, and stamp. Do it. It's better than posting your frustrations here. We already know about them. Let Toys R Us know where they'll feel it. Their wallet.

Tycho
07-17-2003, 01:48 PM
JABBAS, CANTINA ALIENS, SENATORS:

Hasbro will take a new look at our polls we still have posted in the polls seciton. You can't vote on them any more, but you can post in their forums.

Hem Dazon the Arcona won for Cantina* follwoed a ways back by the Gotal, Feltipern Trevagg, and Dannik Jerikko, the Anzati vampire.

*I suggested making Brea Tonnika under the monniker Shada Du'Kal. EU fans know the Mistryl Shadow Warriors had the real Tonnika Sisters in jail and posed as them trying to buy the Death Star plans in the cantina, per Timothy Zahn (who was trying to help us get Tonnika Sister action figures) in spite of Christine Hewitt who would sue Hasbro and Lucasfilm for producing her likeness withotu a contract. She played a Tonnika Sister, not the EU character Shada Du'Kal who posed as a Tonnika Sister. We'll see if the technical difference on a Shada figure passes Lucasfilms' lawyers. Hasbro took the suggestion under consideration.

Yarna dal Gargon, (fat dancer) won for Jabbas. She was closely in score range with Herme Odel, Bubo (frog dog), Rappertune (Max Rebo Band frog) Sgt. Doallyn, and J'Quille the Whipid. Brian at Hasbro is begging to do a Whipid. (he made Ephant Mon, Poggle the Lesser, all the Separatists, etc) He loves the Whipid, and I think it's very likely. How soon? Who can say?

Sly Moore won the Senate Poll. Bail Organa is on his way. Separatists that are also Senators like Tonbuck Toora are most likely due to Clone Wars, but Po Nudo (Aqualish) and others may be looked at when Hasbro re-reads our polls. They do look!

AT-TE for 3 3/4"? In 2005 provided the vehicle is prominently in Episode 3. The market is not justifying an off-movie year. The company wants to do the vehicle. They prefer the sales of a movie year. It WILL happen if they use the 6 legged walker in Episode 3. Hasbro knows already most likely, so I think you could bet on it - just have to control your paitience for 2 years. Vehicle sales for Clone Wars might help though - so buy 'em!

PADME AMIDALA: see Hasbro's site for pics of Padme Tatooine. More Padme will be coming. No details yet.

PLAYSKOOL: I was asked if we would buy just the figures. I said in multi-packs similar to the Speederbike set. Again, retailers are hesistant, and only KB and K-mart really carried this line. Hasbro likes them, but wants to play it carefully. I suggested that single-carded PlaySkool figures might only cause the distribution nightmare that the 3 3/4" line suffers, and that we'd rather have multi-packs. I was asked why I liked them in the first place: no parts to lose, able to shove them in a box loose, while 3 3/4" are carefully put in dioramas and never moved, etc. Cute, cool scrunched up looks - no disappointment on authenticity, etc.

ARMY BUILDERS: we will get an all-white Clone Trooper with more articulation than the CommTech Stormy. Release method (carded or multi-pack is not known). Most likely carded due to cost (reg price for 1). Stormy is not planned with that body. The armor is slightly different.

Why is Palpatine shipped with Darth Sidous' name? It is a major spoiler suprise of Episode 3 that a guy named Chancellor Palpatine is a guy who calls himself Emperor Palpatine in the classic trilogy. :rolleyes: I guess you didn't see that coming, did you? Just by coincidence they're also played by the same actor. Well Hasbro is more respectful of your spoiler-free wishes than I am. :rolleyes:

All the guys named "Darth-something" have another name. They don't use their real names to sign checks with - that's all.

Kit Fisto swimming, from an upcoming cartoon will be added to the Clone Wars basic line.

Expanded Universe such as New Jedi Order, might only be looked at after Episode 3. They and Lucasfilm will look at a lot of options to keep SW going after the time the last movie's been milked good from by 2007.

Other questions you asked, I wrote down and don't have the answers to - yet!

Stay tuned.

DarthBrandon
07-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Here's some of the things mentioned in the How do you want to see the Millennium Falcon retooled for the 21st Century thread.

1) Cockpit with 4 seats, sounds and lights, connecting tube to crew lounge quarter with chess set, lightsaber training. Underneath anti-personnel blaster used at Hoth.

2) back starboard quarter with entry-way ramp, and smuggling compartments, launching "EU" escape pod per authentic Corellian YT1300 specs, and service repair corridor for scoundrel-smooching. gas mask storage, main computer.

3) back port quarter with top and bottom gun turrets in the front of it (so it's in the center of the fully assembled ship), main engineering sections for emergency repairs (not recommended while in asteroid fields), sub-cargo hold with cargo loading ramp per YT-1300 specs, Han & Chewie's crew quarters.

4) Front port quarter with Lando's rescue hatch, emergency medical bunk for Luke, front manibles with cargo doors, cargo hold, and concussion missle launchers that fire.

So how about four sections, like Tycho mentioned, that sat inside an gutted ship. A bigger falcon with a four seat cocpit with a removable, snap on top to set the other sections inside. this way you could sell the gutted falcon with cockpit for under forty dollars, because it would have less plastic. Then you could sell four sets, ie chess room, engine room, turret room, and a sick bay with rescue hatch, and place them inside of the gutted ship for twenty bucks a part. This would make the collectors that wanted a retooled ship happy as well as those who just want a ship with a 4 seated cockpit to battle others. Plus those who don't want another falcon would love the playsets, or dioramas, to place/play with there figures. hasbro would therefore not lose any money because collectors will want one or the other or both.

I like the last idea the best, this could work really well, the idea of on-line retailers getting their hands on this makes me cringe. I don't want BT's or anyone else getting their paws into this, this will hike the price up two-fold. What needs to happen is Hasbro puts out a poll and we vote on it, all buyers must pay Hasbro directly, this isn't rocket science here, they have a mold to go by i.e. TRU hanging display, if Hasbro didn't make it then find out who did and go by that. This should not be something that's going to cost $600.00 dollars, I mean really the TRU mold retooled and gutted with some interior design could not possibly cost that much, unless they fill it with lights and super detailing like Code 3. We want a toy that is somewhat accurate, the TRU display is about the size needed to do this, add in the fact of a removable top for play action some bells and whistles and we are good to go. I will not pay scalper prices for something that can be made for less than $250.00 dollars U.S., who would. If the price is not in a scalper range I will pay it no problem. i.e. ($250.00 to $300.00 tops anything higher I will have to think about it. )

Beast
07-17-2003, 02:02 PM
Sly Moore won the Senate Poll.
She's also been sculpted and on hold for a while. The folks at Galactic Hunter confirmed that. So tell Hasbro to dust the sculpted figure off and get her released. Especially in a screen sceen with a Soft-Goods Palpatine and his Desk. :)

What's the word on Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator from Padme's Apartment. The cool looking beaded robes with the dangly epelauts. Any chance he's gonna get produced anytime soon. As well as Red Outfit Palpatine from the Senate? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-17-2003, 02:13 PM
She's also been sculpted and on hold for a while. The folks at Galactic Hunter confirmed that. So tell Hasbro to dust the sculpted figure off and get her released. Especially in a screen sceen with a Soft-Goods Palpatine and his Desk. :)

What's the word on Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator from Padme's Apartment. The cool looking beaded robes with the dangly epelauts. Any chance he's gonna get produced anytime soon. As well as Red Outfit Palpatine from the Senate? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yes if Sly Moore is indeed sitting on some shelf at Hasbro's hasn't cut the mustard for release then by all means RELEASE HER.

Tycho
07-17-2003, 02:27 PM
On the Millennium Falcon answer, re-read my first reply (2nd posting in this thread). Read something in an economics text book about DIMINISHING MARGINAL COST, then decide what's possible. Add PROFIT to that equation in the end (for both Hasbro and their retailer). HASBRO WILL NOT TO DIRECT SALES to individual customers because it will breach agreements they have with their regular retail chains that support buying the quantity that Hasbro needs to live with.

The hanging display Falcon is not as good as one could be. It's a blown up reproduction of our 1979 toy they keep re-issuing.

I'd rather see Hasbro get their returns made on something every bit as exciting as the Code 3 Falcon, that authetic, and not leave demand for their being still another resculpt like it was an Obi-Wan Kenobi figure or something (did I say that?).

DarthBrandon
07-17-2003, 03:27 PM
On the Millennium Falcon answer, re-read my first reply (2nd posting in this thread). Read something in an economics text book about DIMINISHING MARGINAL COST, then decide what's possible. Add PROFIT to that equation in the end (for both Hasbro and their retailer). HASBRO WILL NOT TO DIRECT SALES to individual customers because it will breach agreements they have with their regular retail chains that support buying the quantity that Hasbro needs to live with.

The hanging display Falcon is not as good as one could be. It's a blown up reproduction of our 1979 toy they keep re-issuing.

I'd rather see Hasbro get their returns made on something every bit as exciting as the Code 3 Falcon, that authetic, and not leave demand for their being still another resculpt like it was an Obi-Wan Kenobi figure or something (did I say that?).

Yes I did read that Tycho, and if they will not sell direct to customers then they could put it out for TRU or Walmart after the poll has taken place of course.(There must be a way to market it to one of them ) The original repro that Hasbro keeps re-issuing is like $50.00 if I remember correctly so if they triple or quadruple the size of it then at most it should be $300.00 U.S. give or take a few dollars. The TRU display is where they should start and if Hasbro made that then they do have a mold to go by and a means to re-tool it. I just don't want to see on-line retailers getting their hands on something and doubling the price on all of us, if Hasbro can get in writing from them that they will not do this then bring it on. I would love to see this built somewhat to scale with maybe a few lights in it, as well as everything else that was mentioned by others. Hey maybe this could be a way to get rid of some of those Jedi points, kind of like an exclusive deal, if you have five hundred points they take $100.00 off the price. Like that's going to happen.LOL :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2003, 05:16 PM
Tycho, please ask them if there are any more plans for bonus figures like the TRU silver R2 that will be available at retailers, and not from special events.

Also, will there be any 2004 Saga/Clone Wars figure posters like the one released by TRU?

Tycho
07-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Again with the Falcon, it's not the size, it's creating the steel molds for the tooling. You sculpt clay, mold steel to it, then invert that with more steel, then you reproduce that to the amount of steel pieces you want producing that plastic part, then you pour plastic into it for the final toy. Plus assembly, packaging etc.

Toys R Us won't go out of business if they stop selling SW altogether. Same with Wal*Mart, and Target.

They don't need to offer the exclusive Falcon and don't want the headache to administer the payment program for it. We can ask. We will ask. But I'd guess the answer is no.

Online retailers are sometimes starving for sales. The more they make, the less they'd have to charge, in order to pay for advertising etc.

How come Wal*Mart doesn't sponsor SirStevesGuide.com? How come Target does not have ads up on our site?

Why does KebCo? Yestertoys (who are great, BTW) and NewForceComics (who are also awesome in my experience)?

If Hasbro did the program with them, these sites could have exclusive photos of the prototypes, getting EVERYONE to check out their sites and see what deals are new! Meanwhile, everyone reads in the news: Entertainment Earth has exclusive pictures from Hasbro of the prototype gunner stations from the Falcon! Now KebCo has pictures of the 4 seat cockpit! You'd visit their site to see the pics, right? They'd get more sales while they could tally a poll to see who's "subscribing" to the Falcon's payment plan. When numbers hit the quantity of signed and paid-upon contracts that Hasbro wants to see, we know for sure that they'll make it.

But get this straight: Wal*Mart, Target, and Toys R Us don't give a darn about whether you get Star Wars! They can still sell kids Big Wheels and swing sets, squirt guns, and video games.

duh.

But damn them - we'll still try. But the corporate mentiality is everything's fine if they're still in business and opening rather than closing stores. It's the little guy that needs to do a plan like this because he needs the bucks.

Make sense yet? I should use my degrees and start teaching undergraduate economics. :rolleyes:

But Brandon's heart is in the right place: we want it. We'd rather not have to pay out our nose to get it. But it's so far from happening, and so likely to never happen, let's see what we can get for trying whatever makes the most sense.

Hasbro had never conceived of doing a payment plan before I talked to them yesterday, and as I'm warming them up to the idea, while Master Replicas and Code 3 are in boothes practically next to them, it's starting to make a lot of sense. I'll see if I can get the guys from NewForce, Ent. Earth, etc. to come over and converse this all out.

You guys should know I'm going to try and get the best for you. But I expect nothing but complaints. Oh well, I'll tell you how it goes later.

I can see a retooled Falcon is suddenly becoming the top priority of collecting around here.

Are there more questions about other stuff?

Tycho
07-17-2003, 05:29 PM
Tycho, please ask them if there are any more plans for bonus figures like the TRU silver R2 that will be available at retailers, and not from special events.

Also, will there be any 2004 Saga/Clone Wars figure posters like the one released by TRU?

Yes. There was a silver TC-14 on a red card.

Sorry. Couldn't resist that.

Seriously, I'll ask.

Tycho
07-17-2003, 05:38 PM
Oh: Jedi Master Points. Probably not worth anything.

They wanted to start takng them off the packaging.

From an economic standpoint, they should do nothing.

They don't have to reward us: pay $5 get a figure. That's your reward. Don't want it? Keep your $5.

To do an exclusive for Jedi Master Points (JMPs), it will cost them thousands in money on tooling. They get no money in sales unless they require the JMPs be collected from SAGA figures with 90 day backed receipts for additional proof-of-purchase. If I was in their marketing department, I wouldn't offer anything but that: something that would give my company's product more consumer sale potential.

To advocate for you, I'd say "sure, give us a figure for all those old Episode One JMPs we collected years back, and while you're at it, give us the Gungan Submarine as a non-paid exclusive vehicle, too!"

Unless they have unimaginable profits, which is not happening unless Wal*Mart starts ordering like they ordered the first Saga waves in April 2002, then it won't happen.

They'll likely stop printing them on the packages.

Old Fossil
07-17-2003, 06:37 PM
And the question on EVERYBODY'S mind:

R5-D4. Movie-accurate resculpt. Release date: WHEN???

BTW, Tycho: pretty cool of you to take these questions for us. My hat's off to you. :happy:

DarthBrandon
07-17-2003, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the info Tyco, I know TRU and Walmart don't give a rats behind what we want, I know that much. Do what you can, I'm sure all of us here appreciate the hard work, whatever the outcome I just hope we don't have to pay through the nose sorta speak.

To answer the other reply, the Falcon is not the only thing on our minds, I can think of many other such as Imperial Officers (gray), Sandcrawler, Rebel Pilots, Cloud Car, JarJar figures for JarJarBinks, will we get re-issues of the figures that were hard to get i.e. TC-14, Ephant, Sio, R5-D4, R2-B1 or whatever the blue droids name is. Will we get the centerpiece for the Jedi Council packs etc.

P.S. The Jedi Points thing was just a joke, nothing more, I'm sorry you had to spend so long going over that. Although I'm not surprised you are quite thorough in everything you post. Must be the Emperor starting to come out of you before you start your campaign for world domination.LOL :D

Mandalorian Candidat
07-17-2003, 06:57 PM

They wanted to start takng them off the packaging.

From an economic standpoint, they should do nothing.

They don't have to reward us: pay $5 get a figure. That's your reward. Don't want it? Keep your $5.

To do an exclusive for Jedi Master Points (JMPs), it will cost them thousands in money on tooling. They get no money in sales unless they require the JMPs be collected from SAGA figures with 90 day backed receipts for additional proof-of-purchase. If I was in their marketing department, I wouldn't offer anything but that: something that would give my company's product more consumer sale potential.

To advocate for you, I'd say "sure, give us a figure for all those old Episode One JMPs we collected years back, and while you're at it, give us the Gungan Submarine as a non-paid exclusive vehicle, too!"

Unless they have unimaginable profits, which is not happening unless Wal*Mart starts ordering like they ordered the first Saga waves in April 2002, then it won't happen.

They'll likely stop printing them on the packages.

I can understand Hasbro's POV on the whole JP thing seeing how people have been presumably saving them up since the POTF figure poster offer last millenium.

Is there anyway they would consider using JPs (even if they'll only accept those from Saga packages) for extra figure stands like the ones included in the Han/Leia/Maul/C-3PO repacks? They wouldn't have to retool anything. The stands are already made. I bet tons of people like myself are wanting extra stands for displays and dioramas. It shouldn't be too bad costwise on Hasbro since they're already making them and could conceivably set each stand/set of stands at a high JP cost. That way they wouldn't 'lose' too much $ and more of us would think better of them for trying to cater to their hardcore consumers.

Simdog
07-17-2003, 07:11 PM
OK, pardon me for being ignorant. Let me know if I am not understanding this correctly. Are you now saying that there won't be a Jedi Master Point promotion now? I just cut out about 560 points and I haven't gotten through all of this years stuff. Whats the deal Tyco?

Tycho
That's a really good idea Mandalorian Candidate!

I put a star by that one. Hopefully I'll get out of my office and get down to the Con in a little bit here. Thanks for the compliments Brandon and TwoDotTatooine.

Yes. Clear stands are something I'll pursue with them.

BTW, those of you who collect 12" and recall Garindan was on their list a long time ago? That 12" is something to see, really!

The Palpatine Saga figure they plan to release later looks good up close.

I think overall we're in a pretty good position with Hasbro. We always want more, but I better write those retailer "complaint" letters so we can do something about it.

I might not go down there today at all: I've got probably 3 hours of Con-Time left today, though I told Dark Horse I'd get down there because I'm covering Comics and Books for you guys and have accomplished zero while I've been gawking over Hasbro, LOL. But I want to have those letters and the Falcon payment plan written out before I leave so I get permission from Hasbro to pass out the Target, Wal*Mart, and TRU letters at their event. I don't want to print a bunch of copies and then have it be for naught. Sure we can just do it on the site, but it's that much more powerful when you put something in somebody's hand and it only costs them 37 cents to sign and mail...

Battle Droid
Two questions for ya Tycho,

Does Hasbro plan on releasing a carded Pilot Battle Droid?

Does Hasbro plan to release any Droids in the Unleashed line? Suggest your Super Battle Droid idea to them Tycho. :D

Banthaholic
07-17-2003, 07:16 PM
What's the status on the second wave of target assessory sets?

Any plans to release more beast packs from E2?

Any chance for a Arena charriot, or tatooine rickshaw?

TheDarthVader
07-17-2003, 07:29 PM
Sorry Tycho, but ask about General Rieekan(mentioned him earlier..if you can)...is he even a possibility? And please ask about ANH X-wing leader and B-wing, Y-wing leader figures. We need more Pilots on single cards!!!!!

Thanks!

Jaff
07-17-2003, 07:46 PM
Hey Tycho I have two questions that I'm curious about. Back in 1998 the Hasbro web site had a comming soon list that spanned a 8 month to a year timeline. I remember Hasbro announced EV-9D9 a year before he was made. Nowdays we find out about stuff only three or four months in advance. Sure we read the tips and hear the rumors and I can tell you allot of stuff thats comming but why isn't it posted from the source's mouth. There's too much speculation and it needs to be concreted.

Secondly When is the next fan poll, and who do they suggest will be on it. I know they can't tell you right up, but they can SUGGEST what might be on it, or even hint as to who without breaking company secrets (not that they are in competetion with anybody over Star Wars stuff).

Droidlover
07-18-2003, 02:36 AM
The only question I have is about the figure I have been begging for,R5D4. Will we see him in a movie accurate format?

LTBasker
07-18-2003, 03:46 AM
I've got a question:
Why don't they do more with fans? Such as pool together people from collecting sites or something? This way the people at the sites could act as diplomats to the rest of the fan base instead of it just being for 'who the webmasters know.'? I know it would likely spark jealousy, as I'm sure many of us (me included) are jealous of how you can do this. But hopefully something like that would help moderate confusion and anger throughout the fan community on this stuff.

plasticfetish
07-18-2003, 06:12 AM
Very interesting Tycho. Thanks for all of this and hope you're having fun.
I've nothing specific to ask as far as upcoming merchandise goes ... I've seen most of the things I'm interested in mentioned. (Things like the Sandcrawler, a new Jabba, etc.) My only questions would have to do with things like quality control and marketing. As far as quality control goes, how does Hasbro explain or account for mistakes like the new Throne Room Duel Luke? I'd be willing to assume that they were as surprised as the rest of us to see how "wrong" it turned out. Any comment from them on this and things like this in general?
As far as marketing goes ... I'm curious to know how they view their customers for Star Wars. Except for the ever eloquent Mr. JabbaJohnL (who I have a hard time believing is only 13) I'd assume most of us around HERE are adults. Who does Hasbro design these toys for ... how much for the kids and how much for the "adult" collectors? ( Just curious really ... I live in a house that has both you know. ;) ) How do they see this changing (or not) in the years to come and how do they see themselves handling the license in the ("non movie") years after episode 3?

As for the Falcon thing ... I'm amazed to see you taking a shot at it. Interesting to read and learn how it all works.

I've asked to hear back from them in a few months on what market research they can do to estimate the tooling cost.
This is pretty amazing. That they'd be willing to make that kind of an effort ... I'd be interested to know the total production cost for any figure or vehicle. Tooling is one thing, but there's also the many stages of design, manufacturing, shipping from factories overseas through customs and then distribution via warehouse, truck and stock boy to our sweaty little hands. Perhaps if we could understand the cost of putting a thing like ... mmm, I dunno ... the Jango Fett Slave 1 on the shelf we might have a better understanding of the what, how and why of something like a retooled Falcon happening.

Anyway ... thanks again. Have fun!

Oh ... one more thing ... about the Jedi Master points. What if they did a Willy Wonka type thing where for every 50 you mailed in you got a raffle ticket and then at the end of a year a number was drawn? The winner would get a trip to Rhode Island and a tour of Hasbro plus some free stuff and maybe an exclusive prototype figure or something. They wouldn't have to "tool" anything and it would be a good marketing campaign. Much better than simply walking away from the mistake.

kool-aid killer
07-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Tycho, any way you could squeeze in a question about if we will ever see Kittik (the green mantis like guy) issued whether its single carded or with his cantina piece along with the doctor and wuher? I too would like to know how they see the collectors. Thanks and have fun.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2003, 12:15 PM
Except for the ever eloquent Mr. JabbaJohnL (who I have a hard time believing is only 13) I'd assume most of us around HERE are adults.
:sur: Hey! Look at my profile pic. In school I get great grades, and frankly I'd rather not be an idiot (not saying that you are or anything like that). I take an interest in Star Wars collecting, and I'm simply telling them what I want to see and asking them what I want to know. Yes, I am 13. :)

Anyway, thanks Tycho, and if you have time, could you ask some of my other questions that I posted?

CloneTrooperMace
07-18-2003, 01:09 PM
Tycho-Do you know if they are coming out a Republic gunship that would hold the 3 3/4 scale
AT-TE?

JEDIpartner
07-18-2003, 03:07 PM

They wanted to start takng them off the packaging...

Just read that Hasbro is looking into a possible action of items using Jedi Points and that this will be executed as a trial starting in September and lasting three months. The will auction off the "silver" figures and some other items that have already been manufactured.

Let's hope this comes through so we can at least do SOMETHING with them... :rolleyes:

Beast
07-18-2003, 03:13 PM
Just read that Hasbro is looking into a possible action of items using Jedi Points and that this will be executed as a trial starting in September and lasting three months. The will auction off the "silver" figures and some other items that have already been manufactured.

Let's hope this comes through so we can at least do SOMETHING with them... :rolleyes:
That's a brilliant idea for the JMP. Since they don't have to sculpt anything new for people to use them. The only problem is that people who army build, will definatly have a better shot at winning the auctions. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plasticfetish
07-18-2003, 03:28 PM
:sur: Hey!
That's what I said ... you're a smart kid. (If they're smart, they'll listen to you.)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2003, 03:33 PM
Er, sorry. I took it you thought I really wasn't 13. :p Thanks though.

jedi master sal
07-18-2003, 03:42 PM
Here a more comprehensive report (from another site, to remain unnamed)

Comic-Con Announcements
We are pleased to announce the creation of Jedi Master Points Auctions. Since 1999, you’ve been saving up your points, and we have finally come up with a way for you to use them. Scheduled for launch in September, Jedi Master Point Auctions will enable registered users of www.starwars.hasbro.com to use their Jedi Master Points as currency in a series of online auctions. We are still finalizing what will be auctioned on the site, but we will have hard-to-find items like Jorg Sacul, Toy Fair Darth Vader and the R2-D2 Astromech Droid. The promotion is scheduled to run for a three-month trial period. We will then evaluate the program for the future; however, this may be the only opportunity to ever use your Jedi Master Points, so don’t save them up for something in the future! The total number of auctions will also be limited, so bid early. As more details about the promotion are finalized, we will post on the website, so check back here.
The other major topic was a preview of our plans for 2004. Basic figures will be combined into one collection, and our goal is to release a new wave each month, with three to four new figures per wave. Each wave will have a theme, and the tentative themes for the first five waves were announced, as well as some examples of figures planned for each wave. The themes and some examples are as follows:
Wave 1 - Hoth
Luke Skywalker, Wampa Cave
Wave 2 - Tatooine
Luke Skywalker, ROTJ
Wave 3 - Jabba’s Palace
Wave 4 - Battle of Yavin
Captain Antilles (Fans’ Choice #5)
General Dodonna (close runner up to Antilles)
Wave 5 - Star Destroyer
Dengar (with backpack)
Also announced was the introduction of a new assortment at the deluxe price point in 2004. This line was created to offer characters and accessories that are too large to fit in our basic figure line while remaining true to our 3 ¾" scale. There are seven figures in total, which will only be available in the Spring, and where possible, many of the figures will fit into one of the basic figure themes. Examples include the Wampa and a Jabba the Hutt figure that will be featured in an upcoming issue of Star Wars Insider.
END REPORT

Not to shabby, it's about time they do something with these. I can see it now though...there will be a huge bidding war on things like the TOYFair Vader. I don't know about you guys but I have thousands of points and I plan on using them.

And you can bet that this will go well and those of us who used alot of points will miss out on other stuff later. Unless of course you believe that Hasbro will completely stop after the first three months.

Beast
07-18-2003, 03:46 PM
JMS, that's the news from Hasbro. Check the 2004 Distribution thread. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2003, 03:57 PM
A dumb question...What if the winner doesn't get the JPs sent in and flakes out? Does it go to the next highest bidder and so on?

How about this. What if we all went in together and put up all our JPs in one pot? If we win then we can hold a "lottery" based on the number of points provided by each SSG participant. The more points a given SSGer contributes, the higher their chance of winning in a drawing between ourselves. I'm sure there are only a few collectors on SSG who have the potential of having tons of JPs available for this thing to win on their own. This could equalize things for collectors with small quantities of JPs while helping to ensure that a fellow forumite would be a winner.

What do you guys/ladies think?

Tycho
07-22-2003, 04:18 AM
There was a lot going on at the Con and today I am exhausted just getting over it!

I'll try to answer all your questions I have left to cover. Some I didn't get to and I appologize.

I did not do as good of job as I should have.

1) Holo Nute Gunray: I didn't ask.

2) Swamp Obi-Wan ex-trophy figure: I didn't ask.

3) Bespin Capture Vader: I didn't ask.

4) Biggs in Academy Uniform: I didn't ask.

5) Sandcrawler: many reports circulating on that. I'm not up on the latest, but it has not been tooled according to what I understand, and a retailer that supposedly expressed interest in the mock-up, actually might not have. I turned in a detailed features wish list with pack-in figures wish list that you can view in the sandcrawler's thread. Hasbro wants to make this vehicle.

6) Cloud Car: there are no plans to do this, and there never was. They are aware we'd like pack-in pilots (2) and they will reconsider doing the ship. I suggested retooling with removeable engine service cover and firing missiles. It would be an exclusive. The ebay prices for Cloud Cars don't impress them though. You can get a vintage for about 20 bucks.

7) Hermi Odel - is on the consideration list. I will once again forward our Jabba the Hutt palace poll to Hasbro. J'Quille the Whipid is favored by one of the designers, Brian, who got us Ephant Mon and the Separatists and Jedi Council 3-packs. I'd say J'Quille is getting more and more likely. He was in our top 6 that all ran pretty close, Herme actually losing to Yarna Dal Gargon in the poll, 2nd next to first. J'Quille was 5th I believe.

8) Ewok Capture (of the Rebels, tied up for Wokling lunch) - I didn't ask.

9) Geonosian Detention Device - that holds Obi-Wan. Good question but I forgot to ask.

10) Why Bariss' card said she's articulate? I didn't ask.

11) More Jedi Council packs? Not planned for 2004. The center floor? I suggested it be included.

12) More 4 packs? TRU multi-packs? No plans and I didn't ask.

13) Podracers? (vehicles) - no plans. After 2005's E3 stuff, it's possible.

14) Kitster, Wald - I didn't ask.

15) Epahnt Mon shipping again? Possible. They think that he's in warehouses of Targets, KBs, and WalMarts that haven't been distributed or shipped back due to stores not taking them. No plans to recard him are underway yet. Teemto and Lott Dodd, Massifs etc. are in this case. Don't expect it to get out there fast either.

16) Action features: they're over with!

17) AT-TE: 2005 if it's in Episode 3 - and then they'll consider it.

18) Ewoks: I didn't ask.

19) Wookiees: I didn't ask.

20) Cantina: 2004 might see the Kitik Keed Kak wave get picked up, and I am forwarding them our poll results. The Arcona and Gotal have tempted theri designers. They are our poll winners besides the Tonnikas. A Shada Du'kal figure might suffice this demand if Lucasfilm will let them get away with that. They had not been aware of the EU stroy Tim Zhan wrote for us so we could get that figure (i'd bet). I suggested they use that.

21) Jabba the Hutt: an ROTJ one with throne for 3rd Quarter 2004.

22) Senators: "we got the Separatists and Bail Organa. Now what do we want?" I'll forward them the poll. Sly Moore won and JJB swears it's been proto'd, plus Yarua was carefully considered because the Wookiee was a fan choice option.

23) Padme: Wedding and Tatooine. They didn't say anything about any more.

24) Padme's family: I didn't ask. VERY obscure guys!

25) Action Fleet distribution: they suggested we tell our retailers.

26) R2 / 3PO holiday figures: Yoda is this year's.

27) EU figures: just Clone Wars. The designer would like to do Quinlan Vos and A'Sharad Hett. Quinlan's been discussed ever since Aayla was decided upon.

28) PlaySkool: no plans for 2004, but we made our enthusiasm known. They asked if we'd like mutli-packs of just figures. I said yes, but stressed that we want vehicles too.

29) Rieeken - already produced. See pictures from overseas sales poster report. He looks great! Nice Echo Base playset accessory!

30) JarJar from Padme's apartment: I didnt' ask

31) Palpatine from his seante speech: I didnt' ask

32) Posters of all the figures. I suggested it for Jedi Master Points.

33) Unleashed Droids: I didn';t ask.

34) Episode 2 beasts like the picador's mount, the execution cart: I suggested. They have no plans right now.

35) Rickshaw: no plans

36) Target accessory sets wave 2: I didn't ask.

37) Rebel Pilots: I didn't ask.

38) R5-D4: I didn't ask.

39) Pooling the collector sites to represent the fans in a discussion? On Saturday morning there was a mandatory meeting after the breakfast for SSG, RS, and GH to attend with Hasbro - mostly about misinformation about the sandcrawler, JMPs, and the poster that leaked with General Rieeken. Hasbro's keep surprising them information campaign: a little leaked at a time. They wanted new stuff to surprise everyone with in Chicago and at pre-toy fair. So there's always something new. It didn't work. We got their overseas poster. Jabbas about the only thing we haven't seen that we already know about.

40) Adults or kids after Episode 3 hype dies? The DVD's of the Classics will keep new kid interst. Lucas might be looking at more, like cartoons.
The want kid interest now, to broaden their fan base for when the movies die out of theaters.

41) Luke's hand: no plans to correct that that I heard about. Maybe it will still happen. I'm not clear about what they said. Ask Steve please.

42) Stands or a poster: I suggested for JMP's. No plans right now. But they liked the suggestion.

43) Gunship to transport AT-TE - first lets get an AT-TE.

44) pooling our JMPs on this site for raffling prizes? I don't know. Are we stingy as SSG'rs so forumites on other sites won't get it? Or should I be stingy personally since I army built and I dont' need to support someone who didn't? I probably won't bid personally. I never wanted Jorg Sacul or Silver Fett. I'll hoard my points until I'm sure a poster or stands or something I want will never be offered. By then they'll go to waste as I'm sure they always would anyway.

45) new list for Fans' Choice 6: not made up yet. Vehicles were suggested as a possibility. They said they'd take that under consideration.

OK: I think that's it. Anything you don't understand or that I missed?

plasticfetish
07-22-2003, 04:51 AM
I did not do as good of job as I should have.
You're kidding right?
With the reporting and the photos, I don't feel nearly as bad because I couldn't make it down this year.

Next year on the other hand ...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-22-2003, 12:42 PM
Thanks for asking the questions Tycho! I really appreciate it. :)

Tycho
07-22-2003, 12:51 PM
You're kidding right?
With the reporting and the photos, I don't feel nearly as bad because I couldn't make it down this year.

Next year on the other hand ...Thanks. I just looked at the 45 questions above, accounted for any I possibly skipped, and wished I got a larger percentage of them answered thoroughly.

Some of it was that on the floor, Hasbro had to spend fair time with all of their visitors. In private meetings, we were listening and getting lectured to. By the end of those, I felt (can't speak for SirSteve here) that we, RS, and GH were subsidiary divisions of their marketing branch by having Hasbro commenting and suggesting things for our sites." They really did listen to us.

On that note, I spent the greatest part ofmy time on 3 things for you guys (though no doubt I admit they were in line with my personal agend). I worked most on:

1) Getting hardcopies of the Target, Wal-Mart, Toys R Us letters to SW fans so that all they had to do was sign and mail them. The letter writing campaign will get a boost-off with 150 letters to all the stores that started going out last Saturday!

2) Getting a Falcon payment plan together. This included getting hardcopies of my final version of the payment program and 2 year development plan to Hasbro and every little comic dealer in the convention hall that had a direct account with Hasbro. Entertainment Earth seemed the most receptive and we spent some time discussing the program. This is for a Millennium Falcon with 4 seat cockpit and upper AND lower gun turrets that hold figures, as well as missiles, cargo loaders, several lower and upper elevators (cargo and ventral boarding elevators repsecitvely) all in something closer to a 1:1 scale with our figures. Hasbro said the Falcon is the only ship that stands a chance to start something like this, and they will consider the plan and a cost estimate for tooling such a ship. The idea is to pre-pay their tooling cost. 2005 to 2007 is a more realistic date for something like this to happen, with installment plans being offered during the Episode 3 movie hype.

3) Getting a hardcopy of the sandcrawler features we'd like to see along with the droid figures they could include or card to go along with it. There is a sandcrawler thread in this forum where I posted the exact text of the plan.

I think the polls speak for themselves on specific figures and Jabba is already coming. So I hope I used my time most wisely, but that will be up for you guys to decide.

But I didn't see any other website trying to be as pro-active out there - and they were definitely well-staffed with their best people.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-22-2003, 02:12 PM
Hey Tycho, thanks much for the excellent reporting and taking our questions.

If this was the third grade you'd get a smiley face next to your name.

CloneTrooperMace
07-23-2003, 10:41 PM
Tycho-Do you know if they are coming out a Republic gunship that would hold the 3 3/4 scale
AT-TE?

I guess I would have to build my own Republic Gunship that will hold a AT-TE.....

TheDarthVader
07-23-2003, 11:04 PM
Tycho, I would like to commend you on a job well done. I appreciate your time, effort, and honesty. You've done fabulous! Thanks ;)

Tycho
07-24-2003, 12:13 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate your appreciation.

CloneTrooperMace: Hopefully you saw I did get to your question in #43. I said "first let's get an AT-TE," stated as the answer. Hasbro had responded that they had no plans for that sort of gunship, as they have no plans for an AT-TE - not yet.

They said that if the vehicle was seen in Episode 3, they'd want to try and release it in 2005 during the next movie year.

Dang! It would be an awesome piece.

Then they could look at re-tooling the gunship a little to hold the walker.

Meanwhile, I'd hold off on customizing a gunship if I were you, as we have no idea on what the exact size Hasbro would make an AT-TE for the figures, if it'd be 1:1, or whatever they think is most economical.

But by all means pick up an extra gunship to keep in the box until said such day comes, unless you're ok with chance making an error.

Best of luck to you - and please post pictures if you go for it!

I'm with you: these vehicles would be seriously cool!

Skywalker3319
07-30-2003, 10:56 PM
I dunno if this question has been answered or not, cause I quickly skimmed over this thread,but I have one simple, little question. [U][B]Are they going to fix/correct the hand on the Luke Final Duel? I would really hope they would. Thanks, and please, tyco or steve, feel free to answer, lol!
THANK YOU!!

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 01:33 AM
Thanks guys. I appreciate your appreciation.

CloneTrooperMace: Hopefully you saw I did get to your question in #43. I said "first let's get an AT-TE," stated as the answer. Hasbro had responded that they had no plans for that sort of gunship, as they have no plans for an AT-TE - not yet.

They said that if the vehicle was seen in Episode 3, they'd want to try and release it in 2005 during the next movie year.

Dang! It would be an awesome piece.

Then they could look at re-tooling the gunship a little to hold the walker.

Meanwhile, I'd hold off on customizing a gunship if I were you, as we have no idea on what the exact size Hasbro would make an AT-TE for the figures, if it'd be 1:1, or whatever they think is most economical.

But by all means pick up an extra gunship to keep in the box until said such day comes, unless you're ok with chance making an error.

Best of luck to you - and please post pictures if you go for it!

I'm with you: these vehicles would be seriously cool!

Thanks man....I havn't started on it yet.But I have a great plan...If I still do it I will post pic's.Maybe hasbro should come out with a two pack(MAYBE)?BTW thanks for you work :D

-CTM

Tycho
07-31-2003, 01:49 AM
CloneTrooperMace: thanks for your compliments!

Skywalker3319: I don't think Hasbro is going to correct the Luke's. I don't have the final answer on that though. I'm asking Steve as I type. With all the stir over distribution, the sandcrawler, and what-not, poor Luke got low priority in the scheme of things. I think I heard that question asked, by someone else, and heard them say "no." I appologize I didn't get more details on that, but we will. We're discussing a lot of things with Hasbro now. Please let us get to Luke's hand in due time, when it's a good time to ask, and in about a week or so you'll have your answer.

Emperor Howdy
07-31-2003, 03:30 AM
Why do shaved farm animals remind me of my grandfather?

Why does all new music suck and how much time could I do for plugging a grenade in Avril Lavigne's mouth?

Do people who smell bad think it's someone else? Don't they realize they smell like crotch eggs?

plasticfetish
07-31-2003, 04:16 AM
What's a crotch egg ... (Edith Bunker voice) ... ooooooh!

Hey Tycho!
In light of something that I've read around these parts and more so to do with a thought that I've been having lately ...

If you do chat with Hasbro again, I'm curious to know about the issue of quality control when it comes to overseas production. More specifically, is it possible that problems like the Jedi Luke and other things that we've all seen are the result of a bigger problem. I've noticed over the past few years, for a number of toy lines, that there have been more and more random quality problems. Not merely with regard to Hasbro and Star Wars ... but for a number of lines and companies. Have they seen or do they feel that the quality of product from say ... China, has changed? Has it been any more or less difficult to get what they want from their factories? Have things become any more expensive (in general) perhaps, causing them to change the way (or where) they produce certain toys?

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 10:16 AM
CloneTrooperMace: thanks for your compliments!

Thanks Tycho!
It's not every day you know someone that know members of hasbro.
Thanks for your help and the anewser that you gave us.I'm so touched :cry:.... :D

-CTM-

Skywalker3319
07-31-2003, 11:37 AM
Tyco, thanks for your answer(part 1 anyways, lol) Ill be lookin foward to hear whether or not they fix up Jedi Lukes hand. Take your time on it, please do, and Ill be patient. Thank you!!

Tycho
07-31-2003, 12:41 PM
Why do shaved farm animals remind me of my grandfather?

Maybe because they're both bald. I don't know your grandfather. Could you introduce me? I'll try and introduce a Hasbro representative to your grandfather, we'll visit a barn or a country fair, and try to get to the bottom of this.

Why does all new music suck and how much time could I do for plugging a grenade in Avril Lavigne's mouth?

New music sucks because the 80's heavy metal years are lost behind us and it's hard to recapture that feeling of power you had while you were listening to old Metallica at full volume while you were weightlifting in your high school gym.

If you pleaded it was an accident that your grenade went off in Avril Lavigne's mouth, you might get out on parole in 9 years, but would it be worth it? While in prison you'd get the green light for being a child killer. I can think of something better to do with Avril Lavigne that's not very fun with cellmates!

Do people who smell bad think it's someone else? Don't they realize they smell like crotch eggs?

You need to tell them that. Be polite and say "excuse me, but did you know?" first. Many of these people might possibly be French or European, and struggle with the language barrier let alone being able to read product labels in America such as "soap" They call it doushe and must think we're complimenting them on the way they smell when we call them "major doushebags." Now Emperor Jargo explained why they don't shower everyday (or twice a day) like many of us do. There's a thread about that in the General or Other section. It was highly enlightening and to some, the best reason for them to come to the forums in SirStevesGuide.

Since this is a Star Wars Question and Answer thread, I would guide you to the Minnetonka Corporation. They made some Episode One bath products and I'm sure you'd like to add a JarJar soap-on-a-rope to your collection. Due to the Ascension Gun scene, the Amidala one is virtually movie-authentic, plus it's nice to have her in the shower with you!

That wraps up this edition of Q & A.

How am I doing?

TheDarthVader
07-31-2003, 02:25 PM
Wow, Tycho's even tackling the tough questions! ;)

JediTricks
08-01-2003, 12:40 AM
The multiple uses of "salty" language of this thread and the fact that comic con is over, can't ask any more questions there. (reasons for why this thread is closed)