PDA

View Full Version : Fans' Choice Figure Candidates

Phantom-like Menace
07-17-2003, 08:38 AM
Sorry, this will prove to be another EU post in disguise.

I've read recently in the Insider that the Fans' Choice figure candidates are culled from--among other sources--on-line nominations and wish lists. With constant on-line suggestions for expanded universe figures, might it be possible to include at least one expanded universe figure in each poll? The inclusion of the concept Stormtrooper opens this door nicely, as does to a lesser extent the Clone Wars figures coming out soon.

And verging slightly from topic with a slight rant:

It's very logical that Luke Skywalker, a well-known character from the movie (just FYI I guess), would sell better than Corran Horn, a well-known character from the novels (again, FYI), but why would it be logical to think some alien you can see if you squint just right at the lower right hand corner of the screen in the widescreen version of A New Hope's cantina scene (original version only, not special addition) would sell better than Corran Horn? Whether I want the barely glimpsable alien or not, I can almost guarantee plastic will be devoted to its construction, but if I want Corran Horn, the best I can hope for is that some part of the alien I just described can help me customize my own figure of our good Mr. Horn.

Thanks. I appreciate that you guys do read these.

Phantom-like Menace
07-22-2003, 06:50 AM
Since I can't edit the message, I'll reply to myself for this quick addendum. I didn't realize the last fan's choice poll included Nym from Jedi Starfighter, so this also is precedent for having Expanded Universe in the running.

El Chuxter
07-22-2003, 12:11 PM
True, it is a precedent, but who's heard of Nym? And of those few who have, who cares? I'd wager Nom Anor, Corran Horn, or a Jedi Master Mara would clean up in a fan choice poll, though.

Beast
07-22-2003, 12:17 PM
Nym was a terrible choice for a fan choice EU represenitive. If anyone should be included on a poll that's EU, it should be Borsk Fey'lya since the Bothan Species is mentioned in ROTJ. Lucas should just include a Bothan in EIII, so we can be assured a figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Phantom-like Menace
07-23-2003, 08:11 AM
Corran Horn would be seriously cool, and I agree completely that Bothans would be important additions to EU figures. A Jedi Mara figure would be awesome in insane ways. I purchased three of the other Mara, even though I wasn't extremely pleased with it.

Actually, in the one-in-several-quadrillions chance Lucas is reading this by way of protecting his little slice of Hasbro: Put Bothans in Episode III, so we can get Bothan figures!

No, Nym wasn't the best choice; in fact, he's way down the list. If Hasbro made the figure, I'd probably put him in the cantina and be done with him, but I would certainly buy a couple of him.

Among other EU figures that would have strong potential would be the Solo children.

Unfortunately, I may have to buy a couple of the concept Stormtroopers to do my part to prevent the experiment's death, and this is despite the fact that I have absolutely nothing to do with them but throw them in the big box in my closet and hope valiantly it wasn't all for nothing. That's assuming I can find them in my area.

Thanks for replying.

Kidhuman
07-23-2003, 11:44 AM
Many of the EU figures would be welcome. Borsk Fey'lya would be a great inclusion and would sell great IMO. There are many other characters from the Movies that need to be made as well. Including one EU in a poll is a good idea, but what happens if it goes up against Yarna or Hermi or Tonikka sisters? Those are figures that have been long awaited for. It would be good but if Hasbro puts them up against any of the above, it could easily lose out.

Phantom-like Menace
07-23-2003, 09:00 PM
Certainly many of them can and will lose. I would like to see them in the polls, so they can at least be given a chance. That's part of the logic. If Hasbro thinks they wouldn't sell well, they put them in the poll. If they are correct, they are not voted for, and the figure is not made. If they are incorrect, they are voted for, and we add to our collections, some of us happily. Ideally, I would like to see a whole Expanded Universe release, but this is compromise.

Going by past polls, I would vote EU every time, because odds seem to favor any poll candidates from the movies being made eventually.

Gungan Warrior
07-29-2003, 10:28 AM
The need to do a Yarael Proof, the mysterious Jedi.

Beast
07-29-2003, 10:52 AM
The need to do a Yarael Proof, the mysterious Jedi.
Yareal Poof is coming. He's in the second Jedi Council Screen Scene with two other often requested Jedi Council Members, Yaddle and Depa Billaba. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Gungan Warrior
07-29-2003, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the notice i'll be sure to get him.

thrawndude
08-25-2003, 11:47 AM
What about Jodo Kast. Or Ghent, or a better Thrawn (my first choice) Or Tallon Karrde there are so many that would be awesome figures! Baron Fel anyone with his own tie fighter, i know that is way out there but that would be sweet! Or a Thrawn Pelleaon and Rukh cinema scene i would die for that. lol

Jaff
08-25-2003, 11:53 PM
Hasbro, my signiture has a list of names I would crave to vote for, just one of them will do.

Phantom-like Menace
09-01-2003, 09:36 PM
As far as EU candidates go, Jodo Kast might be cool. Noghri would be very nice EU offerings. If they ever made an Anakin Solo, it would be cool if they could pack in a Noghri too to add to our EU dioramas or what have you. Ever since I started this post regarding EU fan poll suggestions, I've been thinking three words: Noghri army builders.