PDA

View Full Version : Clone Wars Mace Laughable

jad
07-17-2003, 11:39 AM
Haha thanks for the laugh Hasbro. I busted a gut upon seeing the new Clone Wars Mace Windu. Terrible looking. Actually the face is fine, but what the heck happened to his neck.
:crazed:

It's figures like this and deluxe squating Anakin that make me wonder who in the world gave the go ahead on these figures. I mean how could you possibly look at that figure and say "Oh it looks good, lets produce it."

OC47150
07-17-2003, 03:42 PM
IMHO, Hasbro created one decent Mace -- the sneak preview figure. The rest are so-so and below average. Excluding the deluxe AOTC Mace with battle droid, the two AOTC Maces suck.

Jaff
07-17-2003, 07:05 PM
IMHO, Hasbro created one decent Mace -- the sneak preview figure. The rest are so-so and below average. Excluding the deluxe AOTC Mace with battle droid, the two AOTC Maces suck.

I couldn't agree more. Unless your a diorama nut that can't get enough poses of the same figure the rest of the mace's after the mail away was beyond garbage. That is unless you enjoy looking at hernia expressions that were never seen in the movies.

Thunderstorm1
07-17-2003, 08:22 PM
Haha thanks for the laugh Hasbro. I busted a gut upon seeing the new Clone Wars Mace Windu. Terrible looking. Actually the face is fine, but what the heck happened to his neck.
:crazed:

We can call him "Chicken Neck Mace" :crazed:

OC47150
07-18-2003, 07:33 AM
It's a constipation look.

Phantom-like Menace
07-18-2003, 07:40 AM
I too absolutely agree the best Mace has been the preview figure. I've given the preview figure the purple 'saber of the AOTC Mace and buried AOTC Mace deep down in a drawer somewhere.

I have wondered though what result would come of trying to put Nikto Jedi's cloak on the Mace Windu who came out with soft goods cloak, after I break the lever/knob/thingy off his back of course.

There is one major reason I would want to get Clone Wars Mace. If the picture is accurate to the finished product, I'll get a detailed Mace Windu 'saber hilt. It's been making me angry that the most detailed 'saber out there has not received the detail due to it.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2003, 10:23 AM
Look at the ComicCon pix of the CW Mace. The reverse picture shows some weird patch on the back of his neck. What the heck is that thing?

OC47150
07-18-2003, 11:47 AM
Two things: Mace might have enlisted in the Marines to be a true Leatherneck. (In the colonial times, the Marines wore uniforms with leather necks, whereas the nickname). Or he's trying out for the sequel to Pirates of the Carribean.

LTBasker
07-18-2003, 03:19 PM
Look at the ComicCon pix of the CW Mace. The reverse picture shows some weird patch on the back of his neck. What the heck is that thing?

Just looked, that's not a patch, that IS his neck. :eek: The head is not molded to the neck, the neck (a circular cone sort) plugs into the back of the head.. I guess he'll have a ball-jointed head, but come on they'd have MUCH better ball jointed humans out there than this! :eek:

jad
07-18-2003, 03:30 PM
Just looked, that's not a patch, that IS his neck. :eek: The head is not molded to the neck, the neck (a circular cone sort) plugs into the back of the head.. I guess he'll have a ball-jointed head, but come on they'd have MUCH better ball jointed humans out there than this! :eek:

Yes it's just terrible looking. I usually don't like to complain about crappy looking figures, but how could hasbro not see that this is just a laughable figure, it looks like cheap bootleg.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-18-2003, 11:41 PM
Yeah, this Mace definitely looks dopey. The preview and EP1 figure were decent. Since then nothing good.

plasticfetish
07-19-2003, 05:30 PM
Yes, agreed. I'd even say that the deluxe one was lame.
I'm hoping that the figure from the Jedi Scene Pack is a winner.

Tycho
07-20-2003, 02:19 AM
I liked this Mace figure. When I took a good look at him, it appeared that they were displaying a prototype, and his final version will rock.

I still think the Sneak Preview 1999 figure was the best, and the Deluxe comes next, with the Saga carded being too scene specific, if that even was a scene or just Sam Jackson screwing around while they scanned him.

But if the neck is corrected, and the lower tunic additions fitted better to him, I think he'll do great.

LTBasker
07-20-2003, 02:44 AM
I liked this Mace figure. When I took a good look at him, it appeared that they were displaying a prototype, and his final version will rock.

That's what was thought about all the figures that looked as severely lacking as this, but at least 99% of them stayed the same.

I think the best version will end up being the soon to be released Jedi Council version. It looks as if they did away with the original disc looking articulation from early pics in his elbow so it looks more natural. Plus he's got articulated legs, it'll be VERY hard to go wrong with this one.

keithfite
07-24-2003, 02:07 PM
I like the clone wars mace. I like all of the clone wars figures. It isnt the best looking mace ever, but I will be happy to have this version of him. The jedi council mace looks like it will be the best ever. The two saga and deluxe arent the best. and the preview is great. But this one is OK. I am probably not the best person to give an accurate review because I love the clone wars stuff. I like evrything about it. But hey. I think this one will be ok. Besides, youll see it in a store one day and you know you will want one. Its a star wars figure. They are just freakin fun. You cant pass up a new star wars figure.
I think this one will be ok. it reminds me of POTJ kind of. how some of the figures were in outfits that were never in the movie. Like obi wan and Qui Gon in jedi training gear, or Obi Wan in snow gear. I dont know about you guys, but I like those figures. Its neat to see them in something other than movie gear. So, hopefully as mentioned this is just a prototype. Because even though I like it I agree it can be better. But I think it will be a good figure to have

plasticfetish
07-24-2003, 02:49 PM
I'll just be happy to see Clone Wars Mace in a store ... like it or not, at least it'll be new.

Like obi wan and Qui Gon in jedi training gear, or Obi Wan in snow gear. I dont know about you guys, but I like those figures. Its neat to see them in something other than movie gear.
Good point. Those were fun for that reason.

jpak001
07-24-2003, 09:41 PM
Hopefully this one will be better in person, I loved the EU POTJ figures!

IMO, the best Mace so far is the Episode 1 one with the hooded plastic cloak. That one didn't have any crazy expressions, and you can display him with, or without the cloak. He looks great either way!

Jargo
07-29-2003, 03:16 PM
Screen scene mace with an accessory pack cloak will be the rockinest mace. This CW one is terrible. The whole concept of the costume is seriously weird. I'm no longer a fan of these clone wars things apart from Asajj small breasts ventress and the clonetrooper three packs. With maybe the vehicles too but i rarely complain about the class of the vehicles. Just the figures and this Mace is big poopy pants.

yngadult
08-13-2003, 04:07 PM
I'll skip this one.