PDA

View Full Version : The Drought is over in my area, looky what I found!

jedi master sal
07-17-2003, 03:44 PM
I had the fortune of getting to three places yesterday that had new stuff.*

Between them all, I'm almost caught up.* Here's what I got:

2 - 3 pack of clones (both white)
Yoda & Chian
2 - Ashla & Jempa
Coleman Trebor
Padme Secret Ceremony
Wat Tambor
2 - red battle droids
CW- AAT
CW- Jedi Starfighter

I did get another Aayla, Barris Offee and a Lama Su as well, but these were for a friend of mine as I already got these months ago.

(I did see repacked "Gold" Han, Maul, and Leia here, but passed, as I'm not a completist and don't typically go for repacks)

I got the ships at TRU, some of the figs at Target, and the rest of the figs and 3-packs at KB's!

Great day for collecting for me.* It certainly was the best in at least 4 months! I spent approx $150 last night and boy did it feel GREAT!

Old Fossil
07-17-2003, 05:14 PM
congratulations!!!

:)

TheDarthVader
07-17-2003, 05:26 PM
Good for you! I hope to find new stuff in my area one day! Until then, I will keep my fingers crossed.

mista_carrot
07-17-2003, 05:33 PM
I just found some new stuff yesterday as well!! Woo hoo! I didn't quite make out as well as you did but I picked up Aayla, Bariss, Yoda and Chian, Coleman Trebor and Darth Maul repack. They also had Han and Leia repacks, but I already have them from their original releases. Saw the Clone Wars vehicles too but I passed on em. Of all the figures I picked up, Coleman Trebor and Aayla are my fav's. In fact, Coleman Trebor has become one of my favorite Saga figures! You can visit my site for a review and photos.

tagmac
07-17-2003, 07:16 PM
I, too found several new figures today at Target. Although I pre-ordered them from Kebco, I bought what I found on the off chance that they can't fill my entire pre-order. (otherwise, I'll just return the ones I picked up today). They only had one of each, but here's what I got:

Yoda/Chian
Ashla/Jempa
Luke (Throne Room)
Vader (Throne Room)
Snowtrooper
Repack Han Solo (only because they changed the head)

Other figures they had that I passed on were the repacks of Leia, Darth Maul, and Jango, as well as the red battle droid (since I bought one last week.

The local KB had all three Clone Wars 3-packs, but only one of the clones (all white), as well as a few Deluxe Mace w/ Red Battle Droid. Based on what I've heard on the case assortments, I'm assuming I simply mised out on Coleman Trebor, Padme wedding, Wat Tambor, Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie (all of which I pre-ordered from kebco, and hope i'll be getting soon), and the C-3PO repack, which I didn't want anyway.

Anakin2121
07-17-2003, 07:38 PM
The newest thing I've seen at Target is last year's Hoth accessory set.

Otherwise, nothing newer than last year's deluxe Flying Geonosian. :(

Darth Sidious
07-17-2003, 07:56 PM
Congratulations...The clone wars 3-packs are the only new things I have seen here. Oh, and the Imperial Forces set... But I am REALLY starting to miss that feeling when your heart jumps when you see a new basic figure on the pegs...I haven't seen a new basic figure for over 8 months... Halloween is the last time I had that feeling actually. The only new basics here are Droidekas and even they are all gone now. :cry:

Anakin2121
07-17-2003, 08:45 PM
I totally feel for you, Sidious. It's about time someone came along with the same situation as me. :)

Darth Sidious
07-17-2003, 09:27 PM
Well, good luck to you in finding what you need. Luckily I have LotR to turn to though, they always ship eventually...Consider yourself lucky that you found the Deluxe Geonosian though! I haven't seen a new Deluxe since the bloody Nexu... Which is an awesome figure, but still, I'd love one of those speeder bike clones or a Spider Droid...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-17-2003, 11:24 PM
Congratulations on your find. :)

Personally, I have decided to give up collecting for the short-term. Hasbro had a great window of opportunity to take my money, from January to June, to hit me up for a lot of dough. I always seemed to have more than enough money to buy things during that time frame. I went on countless treks for toys and came up empty almost everytime, save a few Deluxe figures and the new R2-D2.

This summer I needed the money for a couple of things; The first was purchasing a digital piano. Since I can't play it, I had to take lessons and buy supplies for it. My second financial hit involves laser eye surgery, which my goal is to get by the end of the summer. The only thing I am debating is, should I wait for the price to drop (which many people say it will soon) or pay the almost $1000 per eye price?

So I guess that means Star Wars is on the backburner for now, although knowing me, a few months from now, I will be frantically driving from store to store to try and recuperiate the numerous figures I missed.

Sentinel18725
07-17-2003, 11:51 PM
It's funny. I live in Chicago and can never find anything new up here. So, on my last trip to St. Louis, (I go usually for a week a month) I stopped out at TRU, which is nowhere near my place but near my sisters. I walked in and was suprised to see the Clone Wars three packs. Picked them all up. Then, I looked up and saw new carded figures. Looked over to the other side and found other new carded figures. Basically I ended up with the same lot of figures:
Padiwans
Yoda
Red Battle Droid
Wat Tambor
Coleman Trebor
the Han, Darth, Leia repacks

83 total for me! It was great.

jedi master sal
07-18-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah, doesn't it feel great to find new stuff! I love that feeling of euphoria when finding new stuff.

I remember doing a "happy" dance literally in the aisle-way awhile ago when I found the 12 inch Bounty Hunters. I almost did the same thing this time, but there were too many people around or I might have let myself go for a little jig.

Heck, even though I'm 34, I feel like a kid in a toy store....no wait that is what I am, when finding new stuff.

To those who haven't found new stuff yet, all I can say is try and hold out. Have a little more patience. Stuff is literally showing up all over the country. And you won't believe some of the new sculpts. I love the sculpt for Wat Tambor. Padme is excellent. And I couldn't wait for a Coleman Trebor and was VERY pleased with his sculpt. I'm typically and opener but I am goig through my normal routine right now which is to keep them carded until either I find them again to get a second or they become abundant and/or pegwarmers.

I'm going on another BIG run tonight, but even if I don't finds anything else in the area, I'll still count this past Wednesday as one of the top 5 SW collecting days of my life.

(And with that note, maybe we should start a thread on that.....)

And I have...