PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Annual SSG Fantasy Football League

QLD
07-18-2003, 12:14 AM
Hello everyone!

It's that time of year again!

It's Football season!

And it means it's time for Fantasy Football as well!

Last year was a smashing success (especially since I won it all), and I hope this year will be even better.

Everyone who is interested in participating, please post in this thread to let us know, and send me a PM with your yahoo email address, so I can send you an invite once I set up the league.

The league will be done on Yahoo, since it is free, and it will most likely be an auopick draft, since most people are unable to coordinate a live draft. But we'll leave the specifics for later.

The only rule I ask is that when you sign up for the league, that you somehow incorporate your SSG username into your teams name, so we know who everyone is.

Hopefully we can get 10-12 teams this year. If you know anyone who is interested, please pass the word!

Rogue II
07-18-2003, 07:02 AM
You know I'm in.

Darth Shifty
07-18-2003, 10:43 AM
I can't wait to lose again!

jjreason
07-18-2003, 01:25 PM
JJ's Juggernauts can't wait for season 2 to begin. It's payback time.

jr47218@yahoo.com - if it still works of course. Haven't checked there for ages.
:Pirate:

Kidhuman
07-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Throw me in as well. I am game for the grid iron.

Banthaholic
07-18-2003, 11:54 PM
I'm up for a little friendly competition.
AJBLaX@yahoo.com

Dark Knight
07-18-2003, 11:55 PM
Sign me up. I going to win another 2 this season. My yahoo address is dk99ssg@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Joe

dr_evazan22
07-19-2003, 01:50 AM
Interested in playing, not sure how it works.

Tonysmo
07-19-2003, 09:18 PM
Count me in - I didnt get the chance last year - Id like to whoop up on a few folks this year!

jjreason
07-24-2003, 12:14 AM
Hey LIMP, just to let you know I reactivated the a/n email addy (it had been closed due to lack of inactivity). SO I'm ready to go when you are.

JJR

2-1B
07-24-2003, 12:43 AM
Caesar McCallum is back for round two.

I have to create a new Yahoo account because of that hacker incident . . . but I'm in.

QLD
07-26-2003, 01:55 AM
I created the league and sent invites out to everyone who supplied an email address. If you didn't get an invite, it's because I didn't get your email. So send me a PM if you want to play!

Kidhuman
07-27-2003, 09:19 PM
You got a PM

QLD
07-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Yeah, we are around 7 people now once Tonysmo signs up.

WHY HASN'T CEASAR SIGNED UP YET???
:(

Rogue II
07-28-2003, 06:19 AM
He's afraid of getting whooped.;)

Darth Shifty
07-28-2003, 10:33 AM
I sent you a PM.

QLD
07-28-2003, 02:31 PM
Got it Shifty. Your invite has been sent!

8 people now, 9 when Caesar finally signs up!

Kidhuman
07-28-2003, 03:29 PM
I see I got Rouge II up first. Prepare for a battle :D . When's the draft anyways?

QLD
07-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Once we have 10 teams, I will give everyone a week to set their picks, then I will change the draft status to ready.

jjreason
07-28-2003, 05:03 PM
It's so on. :Pirate:

Kidhuman
07-28-2003, 07:09 PM
It's so on. :Pirate:

Got you week 2. :Pirate: :Pirate: :Pirate: It's on buddy. :crazed: :eek: :D

Banthaholic
07-28-2003, 09:50 PM
I'm currently set up for a bye right now in week 1.

Any takers, bring it, my Bantha squad will make a 2 month camping trip to Jundland Wastes of Tatooine seem pleasant.

Arrogant Arse
07-29-2003, 08:52 AM
I'd Like to join, If there are any openings.

Arrogant Arse

QLD
07-29-2003, 10:41 AM
AA,

We have 10 teams at the moment, but if we can get another team, I will extend the league to 12. I just don't want an odd number of teams, causing bye weeks. I'll let you know.

Arrogant Arse
07-29-2003, 11:35 AM
AA,

We have 10 teams at the moment, but if we can get another team, I will extend the league to 12. I just don't want an odd number of teams, causing bye weeks. I'll let you know.

I understand perfectly well. Being the big Arrogant Arse that I am, I failed to read page 2 of the posts, and didn't realise that the league was up to 10 teams. :rolleyes: I was in an odd numbered league once and it sucked.

Also, sorry for PM-ing you twice.

AA

Kidhuman
07-29-2003, 01:44 PM
Who else wnts to join. All we need is one more. AA wants to play. One more person please.

What happened to the schedule? I thought I had Rogue II week 1 and JJ week 2? There was trash talking already and it messed it up

QLD
07-29-2003, 03:18 PM
AA, we have another team. I sent you an invite, as well as one to bobafett07728. Once they sign up, we will have 12 teams, and it's probably a good idea to close the league. Wow, great response last year, more teams, and it filled up MUCH faster.

kidhuman, the schedule will change whenever a new team is added. So after AA and bobafett join, it should be the final schedule.

Kidhuman
07-29-2003, 03:31 PM
Thats okay, I can whoop up on whoever. No particular order. How about a Silver Fett for the winner?

Arrogant Arse
07-29-2003, 03:59 PM
I'm in. Thanks

AA

Dark Knight
07-29-2003, 11:57 PM
All I have to say is that I have to do better than last year. I could not pick a winner if I tried. So be prepared to lose.

:crazed: :evil: :crazed:

jjreason
07-30-2003, 01:13 AM
Arrrr.......them's pillagin' words, boy, you better get the team in shape this year! :D

2-1B
07-30-2003, 01:20 AM
My team name rocks . . . don't get too close to me. ;)

Except for Reason of course. :kiss:

QLD
07-30-2003, 01:32 AM
I shall repeat, there is no stopping me.

Glad Caesar could finally grace us with his presence. ;)

QLD
07-31-2003, 10:25 PM
OK guys, we have our 12 teams.

Also, I am going to set our draft status to ready on Monday. This should give everyone enough time to set their draft orders. If you think we need more time to do so, let me know.

I highly recommend everyone read the rules of the league as well, to be sure you understand how the scoring will work. If anyone has any questions, let me know.

I am going to have the league make a random draft order, so I should have that for you soon as well.

QLD
08-06-2003, 12:53 AM
I just checked, and our draft is done!

Check your teams out, and see how you did.
You can click on draft results on the main page to see how the draft went.

I am fairly satisifed with my team.

Good luck to everyone this year.

All non-drafted players are on waivers until Aug. 8.
Trades can start at any time.

Kidhuman
08-06-2003, 07:20 AM
Oh yeah. Play Ball.

Dark Knight
08-06-2003, 07:08 PM
I think I have the best team of all time :D . Sorry bout your's teams :rolleyes: .

:evil: :D :evil:

CloneTrooperMace
08-06-2003, 10:17 PM
I see you all ready have team's...so I will join next time.

dr_evazan22
08-06-2003, 10:58 PM
I was wondering who the Caroline Knights were... I guess that's you Dark Knight. It looks like I have a pretty decent team also, so all I can say is BRING IT ON, YO!

QLD
08-10-2003, 02:38 AM
Went to the Falcons/Packers game tonight. The Falcons first team looked awesome! Vick was very sharp.

But then the 2nd team played like crap and gave it away. The amazing thing is, the game was sold out, and had the intensity of a regular season game. It's still hard for me to believe that the Falcons actually have fan support.

Tonysmo
08-10-2003, 04:30 AM
Vick... ha.. he will feel the full force of the RAMS this season. you can chalk that one up as a L on your schedual.. seriously though, I hope he does well. I have a slice of his jersey pasted on a card. funny though as I just found this tidbit from Ludacris the Rap group:

"How we not gon' win? The team is sick
"Nothing but touchdown passes off Michael Vick
"Get hit by 56/ 'Cause he came to kill
"Make way when the Dirty Birds take the field

now you can dance every Sunday morning...

GO TEXANS!! er.. GO TITANS!!. um.. GO RAMS!!!

sooo undecided..

Tonysmo
08-17-2003, 06:24 AM
I feel so dirty.. my last post dissed Vick and poked fun at Lando... and now this..

what? You havent heard?

ATLANTA (Aug. 16, 2003) -- Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick fractured his right fibula during a preseason game against Baltimore, and team owner Arthur Blank said the quarterback will be sidelined at least six weeks.

Blank said Vick wouldn't have surgery. If he's out six weeks, he'll miss the first four games of the regular season, and would return Oct. 5 against Minnesota.

"We are just going to have to wait and see," Atlanta coach Dan Reeves said. "It's a tough break for us."

Philadelphia quarterback Donovan McNabb had a similar injury last year and was out two months.

"I am terribly disappointed," Vick said in a statement. "But this is the ultimate team sport and we will have to keep playing. I have confidence that these guys and coaches can get it done."

Vick was chased out of the pocket on a third-down play late in the first quarter and Adalius Thomas tackled him. Vick fell awkwardly on his right leg and grabbed it even before he hit the ground.

Thomas, after briefly celebrating the tackle, went back to check on Vick and several of Vick's teammates knelt beside him. When it was apparent he was hurt, a hush came over the crowd at the Georgia Dome.

After he was examined by the Falcons' medical staff, Vick got up with some help and limped a few steps to a cart. The crowd gave him a standing ovation as he was driven to the locker room.

"That hurts our league and the Falcons, and I feel for him," Baltimore linebacker Ray Lewis said. "He's my friend, and he'll be back. I'll call him and give him encouragement."

Vick got off to a rough start against the Ravens, getting sacked on the first play and getting intercepted on the next one. He finished 0-for-4, and rushed for 8 yards.

"I think that whole half was frustrating and what happened to Mike really topped it off," Atlanta receiver Peerless Price said. "We didn't do anything right and then we lose our man."

Last season, Vick made the Pro Bowl in his first full season as a starter and set three NFL records for rushing by a quarterback.

ouch..

much luck in finding a suitable replacement for your league..

I hope he gets better soon. I was actually looking forward to seeing him play the Rams. If I were to go to a game this year.. that was the one I circled..

QLD
08-18-2003, 02:52 PM
Whenever I stop crying.....I'll talk about it.

HOWEVER.....

Doug Johnson is a capable backup, and will be able to help the team hold their own until Vick comes back.

Rogue II
08-18-2003, 06:32 PM
Vick going down really puts a damper on my hopes for this fantasy season. Hopefully Hassleback will do good for me for the first part of the season.

I saw on ESPN that the Eagles said Duce Staley may have played his last game for the Eagles. The Bears and a couple other teams are interested in him.

Including this league, I'm in 4 yahoo fantasy leagues this year. Only 1 other team has drafted (another is tomorrow). Check this out: QB(2 starters): Bledsoe, McNair,and Kitna; RB: Tomlinson, Barber, and Stewart; WR: Owens, Horn, Jimmy Smith, Coles, Josh Reed., and a few others. And there are 12 teams in this league. I think I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Tonysmo
08-19-2003, 12:50 AM
Doug who? hee hee.. much luck. hope the force is with him.

but just for fun, lets look at my prediction for the Atlanta Falcons..

week1 Dallas.. they should win this one.
week2 washington.. again... they should be 2-0.
week3 Tampa Bay. Sorry thats a Big ol L.. 2-1
week4 Carolina. If things go well.. 3-1
week5 Minn. Daunte has to be better this year.. 3-2
week6 St. Louis. no one will stop us. 3-3
week7 New Orleans. I think Brooks can win this game. 3-4
week8 bye week- lucky Vick, he should be getting back by now.
week9 philly. Mcnabb. nough said 3-5
week10 Giants.. hmm toughy. Ill put money shocky 3-6
week11 New Orleans, turns out Brooks has thier #.. 3-7
week12 Tennesse. McNair/George Healthy/Healthy.. 3-8
week13 Houston. ok, I could be absurd and give this to Carr, but I wont. 4-8
week14 Carolina.. again. tough one. 5-8
week15 Indy. Manning? ehh nope. 5-9
week16 Tampa - 5-10
week17 Jacksonville.. brunell on the verge of retirement?.. Ill go falcons. 6-10

there ya go, 6-10. those are my picks for the Falcons season. sounds crummy, hope it doesnt get any worse.. Houston did win three games last year. They should go at least win 5 this year..

This football 2003 preview has been brought to you by Tonysmo and his prickly pear.

QLD
08-19-2003, 10:01 AM
I am thinking it will go more like this....

week1 Dallas - W
week2 washington - W
week3 Tampa Bay - L
week4 Carolina. L
week5 Minn - W
week6 St. Louis - W
week7 New Orleans - L
week8 bye week
week9 philly - W
week10 Giants - W
week11 New Orleans - W
week12 Tennesse. - L
week13 Houston. - W
week14 Carolina - W
week15 Indy. Manning? - L
week16 Tampa - W
week17 Jacksonville - W

11-5. This team, even without Vick, is capable of more than 6-10.

dr_evazan22
08-19-2003, 07:06 PM
C'mon there LIMP! The falc's are goona lose so bad to the Eagle's! The E's will make it to the playoffs again, they just won't make it to the SB. (At which point I'll say they suck!)

QLD
09-02-2003, 02:01 PM
The Eagles will lose badly to the Falcons this year in the GA Dome. This I command!!!!

ALso, don;t everyone forget.

The season starts this Thursday night, so have your lineups set by then!

Good luck to everyone as I go for my 2nd Super Bowl Championship!

dr_evazan22
09-02-2003, 06:59 PM
I heard today that someone picked the Eagles and Tampax to meet again in the playoffs, w/ the Eagles going on to the SB!

Rogue II
09-03-2003, 06:59 PM
Well, the Bills signed Lawyer Milloy who was cut by New England for cap reasons. Buffalo has signed so many new players this year it is making me nervous. It seems that anything short of the playoffs will be a disappintment. I want to get my hopes up, but that 3-13 season a couple years ago is still fresh in my mind.

dr_evazan22
09-03-2003, 07:21 PM
I know what you mean... Philly has put out some decent teams in the last decade or so (football, hockey, basketball), but they always choke when it comes time to really step up and win the games. That's if they even would make it to the playoffs.

Notice I didn't say baseball. The Phils have been in 1st or second place at the all-star break for the past couple years. But do you remember hearing about them in the playoffs though?

Then there was the Buddy Ryan years w/ the Eagles... They would have losing seasons yet have the #1 defense in football, losing most games by 7 points or less.

Anyway, looking forward to the new season tomorrow, and Monday Night against Tampax.

Kidhuman
09-03-2003, 07:24 PM
It will be a very interesting year in the AFC East. Buffalo, Miami, Jets, Pats...gonna be somegood games. I hope Philly goes on and wins the SB. McNabb deserves it. After whathe did on a broken ankle last year he deserves to win it all. He has heart, guts and determination.

dr_evazan22
09-03-2003, 08:21 PM
I don't mean to keep going on about Philly, but the entire team did well last year w/ the revolving Qb's and all. I know some people weren't too happy to see Andy Reid get the Coach of the Year award (2X) but the entire team did well last year, starting at the top w/ Reid and going down to the bench players who were able to play and make a difference.

I do like other teams as well, GB, SF. I liked KC when joe Montana was playing for them.

Tonysmo
09-07-2003, 02:00 AM
McNabb is indeed awesome.. but not wanting to spoil anyones fun.. the Superbowl will be a repeat.. of the RAMS/TITANS.. with the Titans winning it all.

chalk it up baby.

QLD
09-07-2003, 07:56 PM
The only bowl the Rams looked like they will visit this year is the Toilet Bowl.

dr_evazan22
09-07-2003, 10:05 PM
I was watching the Atlanta / Dallas game and wasn't sure who to root for. In the end Dallas lost, so that's always good for Philly. GB lost too! What's up there?

Kidhuman
09-07-2003, 11:38 PM
The only bowl the Rams looked like they will visit this year is the Toilet Bowl.

God did the Rams look horrible. Someone should tell Warner about Stick-em. He could of used it.

Niners looked good though. And they said they wouldnt make the playoffs. They will be there.

Tonysmo
09-07-2003, 11:48 PM
Rams did suck today.. Ill have to call his agent tomorrow to find out whats up. ( Warner lives about 10 miles from where I am currently at.. )
but.. enough about them Rams..

lets talk TEXANS!!!!!!! WOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

2, YES 2 touchdown underdogs.. and they BEAT Miami! YYYEEEAAHHH!!

and then the Titans beat Da Rada's! Whoo hooo!!

Rams.. I live in St. Louis, have to support them. have to.. bottom line.

Texans.. I'm originally from Houston. Have to support them.. have to..

Tennesse.. Originally from Houston. (lol) Have to support them.. have to..

so now you all know who my favorites are.. all year! Every year! no other bandwagons for me.. three teams is enough.

2-1B
09-08-2003, 01:47 AM
Cleveland is my fave team so I always pull for them . . . but since they are probably going nowhere :rolleyes: I am pulling for the Titans (they've been my second favorite team since they became the Titans - I hated the Oilers. :D ) Actually, I did like them as the Tennessee Oilers when they had Eddie George and Steve McNair. I love that McNair and I hope he can stay healthy ! ! !

Crazy day all around, I'm just glad Donald Driver is gonna be alright. :cry:

:happy:

Rogue II
09-08-2003, 07:31 AM
I would have posted earlier, but I've been doing my Buffalo Bills Happy dance. :D

You know what ticks me off? Around 1pm yesterday, I sat down in front of the computer and went to the NFL website so I could listen to the Bills game, like I've done the past 2 seasons...for free. I was suprised to find out that they now want you to pay to listen to the games!!! It was like $10/month or $30 for the season. :frus: What's up with that?

Tonysmo
09-09-2003, 01:27 AM
MUCH MUCH agreed on the charging of the broadcast..

I think they ( way way too many bad words right now )

MLB did the same thing two years ago and started to charge for the broadcast..

I had a good time last year watching the Titans, while listening to the Texans game.. but no more.

they suck. BIG TIME for taking that away.

dr_evazan22
09-09-2003, 09:15 AM
Last nights game was SOO bad. I don't even know what the final score was. I think I left the bar w/ a minute or 2 left in the 3rd, the Buc's had just scored their second TD. bastards!

Rogue II
09-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Hmmm. I'm 0-1. That seems so familiar.

I had a hockey game last night, so I didn't see the game. I heard part of it on the radio while I was on the road. The announcers were dogging Arizona pretty hard. They said there are 2 reasons players sign with the Cardinals. 1) Because Arizona drafted them and 2) No one else will sign them (Jeff Blake and Emmit Smith).

QLD
09-15-2003, 12:31 PM
Wow....I put the hurt on Rogue II this week. Sorry bud. ;)

Rogue II
09-15-2003, 01:45 PM
Hold on there LIMP...If NYG Defence and Joey Galloway can score 27 points...right, who am I kidding. I finished dead last in baseball, and it doesn't look good so far for football.

I think I'll change my team name to Rogue II's Whoopin' Boys.:rolleyes: The thing is, you beat me with my favorite team's running back.

Kidhuman
09-15-2003, 01:47 PM
[QUOTE=Rogue II] I finished dead last in baseball, and it doesn't look good so far for football.QUOTE]

You actually finished fifth according to the playoffs. But if you are that easy to beat up on than I cant wait to play you.

Rogue II
09-15-2003, 02:43 PM
I finished dead last in baseball, and it doesn't look good so far for football.

You actually finished fifth according to the playoffs. But if you are that easy to beat up on than I cant wait to play you.

Yep, I'm your b-tch.;)

dr_evazan22
09-15-2003, 06:42 PM
So I'm playing SWG, running missions with Tonysmo and CoolJOE. I ask Tony when the first game and he says it alerady past! lol So I go check last night and what do you? I won!

I forget who I'm up against this week, but you've got a definite advantage in that Donny McNabb has been doing poorly. So we'll see how the game and season come out.

Rogue II
09-26-2003, 11:24 AM
If anyone wants Michael Vick, make me an offer. A WR is my top priority, but I'll consider other positions as well.

I knew as soon as I picked up Holcombe he wouldn't be starter. So, Quincy Carter is my QB this week. I may as well pull my pants down and bend over now because I'm gonna get spanked.

Dark Knight
10-01-2003, 06:34 PM
Hi Guy's

I had a small computer problem. The cpu burned up, then the screen blew. I had my to use an friends' computer. I could not retrieve any e-mail. So what's happened?
I finally won a game. That twice as many as last year. :D

Banthaholic
12-02-2003, 08:41 PM
Only one more week till it's playoff time already, or as I like to call it, the time of the year when my team probably falls apart.

Good luck to all!

bobafett07728
12-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Only one more week till it's playoff time already, or as I like to call it, the time of the year when my team probably falls apart.

Good luck to all!

Too bad I'm the 5th seed right now, I'm pretty sure I am out of it. I can tie for 4th record wise if I win, and they lose. . . but I think I'll lose the tiebreaker. What is the tiebreaker? If its points, I'm looking good, but I lost to him head-to-head, and that is probably the tie-breaker. Its been a blast so far, and the playoffs look like they will continue the excitement, even if I am not in the winners bracket. ;)

dr_evazan22
12-03-2003, 04:25 PM
I was hoping to make it out of last place, but I guess not. And I've got another tough opponent this week.

Kidhuman
12-04-2003, 12:22 AM
I am done this year. Man it bites. LOL