PDA

View Full Version : What's this Imp Dignitary fig's name?

JediTricks
07-18-2003, 06:06 PM
I'm still working on the stuff SirSteve brought back from the SDCC floor when I realized that the Imperial Dignitary figure in his pics isn't Imp Dignitary Janus Greejatus. For now, I'm calling him "Imperial Dignitary 2" but obviously that's just a temp name for now. The pics are in the SDCC Saga coverage:
http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2651&password=&sort=2&cat=656&page=1

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2650&password=&sort=2&cat=656&page=1

and http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2648&password=&sort=2&cat=656&page=1

Beast
07-18-2003, 06:11 PM
The first one that was revealed the other day, the one in black that's coming out first is Janus Greejatus. This one, the 'Pirate Dignitary', someone translated enough of the Japanese in the press release info he appears in, to pin this one's name as: "Kren Blista-Vanee". So we're still waiting for a modern re-sculpt of the vintage "Sim Aloo". And still hoping that Condomhead/Teletubbie/Jonathen Winters doesn't get made. :)

Among the members of Palpatine's Inner Circle are: Sate Pestage, Janus Greejatus, Sim Aloo, Ars Dangor, and Kren Blista-Vanee.
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Bosskman
07-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Both these are cool, although I'm gonna have to watch ROTJ again to see imp. dig. 2. My favorite one is the vintage guy, I sure hop he gets re-made. I was sure he's be one of the two but I guess I was wrong.

JediTricks
07-18-2003, 06:27 PM
Thanks JJB. I don't think the Japanese text info is solid enough so I guess I'll leave it as is for now. (you know how this goes, give the guy a name that's not set in stone from Hasbro, it changes, and then everybody freaks out that it's different either at SSG or Hasbro, who gets mad at SSG for putting out that info and getting fans mad at them ;))

Beast
07-18-2003, 06:30 PM
True. I wish that picture of the five dignitaries had their names listed in a certain order. And I really wish Hasbro had chosen Sim. But with all the cool stuff coming in late 2003/2004 I'll give them a break on that.

I think the name is right, and maybe Steve can poke them while he's there for the name. I bet Hasbro's slapping themselves in the head though. As Dignitary 2 was supposed to be on display at the next Comic Con. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2003, 06:35 PM
In the scene where Vader is talking to Palpatine about the meeting over Sullust and all that, who are the two dignataries there? I know about the picture of the five, but I thought only two of the guys were in the actual film.

Beast
07-18-2003, 06:44 PM
In the scene where Vader is talking to Palpatine about the meeting over Sullust and all that, who are the two dignataries there? I know about the picture of the five, but I thought only two of the guys were in the actual film.
Yes, there are only two dignitaries in that scene. Janus Greejatus (Modern Dignitary #1) and Sim Aloo (Vintage Dignitary). The other three are bearly if at all visible when the Emperor's Shuttle arrives on the Death Star. They probably can be seen glimpsed in the crowd that disembark. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Banthaholic
07-18-2003, 06:46 PM
I think they are Janus Greejatus, and Sim Aloo

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-18-2003, 06:52 PM
Well hell, that was a dumb choice for a figure. But maybe we'll get him eventually . . .

Jek Porky 2002
07-19-2003, 06:16 PM
2 questions...

Has anyone got a pic of the third Dignitary?

And also, this may sound dumb, but I've always wondered, what are Imperial Dignitarys? I mean what is there job, if you understand what I mean.

Thanx

Beast
07-19-2003, 06:33 PM
I can link you to the big picture of all five of them characters from the movie.

As for what they do, according to the Star Wars RPG Game from the 80's/90's they are advisors to Palpatine. They just keep him informed on what's going on in his Empire. It's also stated on the POTF Coin: "One of the evil men who is close to The Emperor and serves as an advisor in his plans to destroy the Rebel forces."

Now that they did Janus and the Pirate Dignitary, they may as well make the other three as well. Even though I still fear the production of a Condomhead/Telletubie/Johnathen Winters Dignitary. The other two would be most welcome though, especially Sim Aloo. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=790

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
07-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Thanks for the link, very funny!

HASBRO DO NOT MAKE CONDOMHEAD/TELETUBIE/JONATHAN WINTERS DIGNITARY, PLEASE!!!

plasticfetish
07-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Great photo JarJar. The guy on the right looks really familiar ... someone from a Terry Gilliam movie ... hmmm. Love to see them all made, even the conehead.

BRH0224
07-20-2003, 05:39 AM
I don't know about the tri-cornered hat guy, but isn't the other one Sate Pestage? It looks a lot like him from the Rogue Squadron comics.

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/images/news/ImperialDignitary_lg.jpg

JediTricks
07-20-2003, 11:58 PM
And also, this may sound dumb, but I've always wondered, what are Imperial Dignitarys? I mean what is there job, if you understand what I mean.
They're Palpatine's posse! :D

Dignitary: One who possesses exalted rank or holds a position of dignity or honor; especially, one who holds an ecclesiastical rank above that of a parochial priest or clergyman.

Oh, and I don't think we need all 5 of these guys. At the most, just 1 more, definitely NOT conehead or the one who looks the same as the one we're already getting.

El Chuxter
07-25-2003, 07:24 PM
Bob.

Oh, c'mon. No one else said it, so I just had to! :p

Jargo
07-29-2003, 04:51 PM
The vintage one redone and the two we're getting will be enough for me. Can't understand why they didn't redo the vintage one seeing as that was the one everyone wanted anyway. I think they're just being bloody minded.

Old Fossil
07-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Heck, I'd buy a figure of the Dignitary with a giant nipple on his head.

That may be the single strangest sentence I've ever typed.

Wait, was that an oxymoron? "Dignitary with a giant nipple on his head"... :crazed:

JediTricks
08-08-2003, 03:11 PM
Well, Hasbro did it again! :D

Last time, they thought they brought Janus Greejatus to SDCC when it was Imp Dig #2, now at WizWorld, they have Janus listed as "Imperial Dignitary #2". Whoops!

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=2852&password=&sort=1&cat=629&page=1

SirSteve
09-08-2003, 01:17 PM
I am still trying to get the official name of the #2 Imperial Dignitary (not Janus). I've narrowed it down to:

Ars Dangor and Kren Blista-Vanee

Jargo
09-08-2003, 03:22 PM
I've been looking at tons of reference regarding this and according to my findings the vintage Dignitary is Sate Pestage Palpatine's Grand Vizier, The fat one is Janus Greejatus and the tri-corn hat one is Sim Aloo.
Sate Pestage and Janus Greejatus were responsible for the political campaign that got Palpatine into the office of Chancellor of the senate. Sate then went on to be chief political advisor and Janus became palpatines spin doctor. Sim Aloo was merely a flunky. As were the other dignitaries.
Personally I prefer these three names because they're easier to remember and spell. The two above my post are a bit iffy for the simple fact that the first one sounds rude and the second one is just plain stupid.
I really hope that hasbro name the second dignitary Sim Aloo. Arse Dangler and Ken Blistered-Vein will annoy me intensely because no-one will be able to remember how to spell them right.
The simpler tha names and the fewer extraneous hyphens and apostrophes the better I say.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-08-2003, 05:39 PM
Well, maybe someone with a Starwars.com account can ask Jocasta Nu on Ask the JC about this. Red 6 says one thing (which is wrong), and Sim Aloo has been the name of the vintage dignitary for so long, I wonder if it really is Sate Pestage. Time will (hopefully) tell . . .