PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Hanging the Republic Gunship

KingOfSting
07-18-2003, 09:52 PM
What the heck should I use to hang a republic gunship from my ceiling? Ive read that fishing line is useful, but how much should i use? and how can i be certain the line wont snap? and what hooks should i tie the fishing line to?

dr_evazan22
07-19-2003, 03:05 AM
Use a swag hook that you can screw into a stud in the cieling. You should be able to find them in your local hardware store in the area that has picture and mirror hanging hardware.

The fishing line I use is rated at 8lbs and it's never broken on me. I use the same stuff to hang the shuttle and Falcon. You can find monofilament at the hardware store again in the picture hanging area, although it will probably be thick and easily visible. You might want to try and arts and crafts store for a thinner choice that isn't as visible. you can probably get the sawg hook there as well.

Finally, I used 1 continuous piece to hang mine. Threaded thru the small doorway under pilots cabin at front and around the end of teh missile tubes in back. Tied the ends together and put the middle of the line over the swag and balanced. My gunship has a slight downward tilt like it's going in for a strafing run of battel droids.

Dark Knight
07-19-2003, 10:42 PM
Carefully !! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: