PDA

View Full Version : What's showing at the theatre?

Pendo
07-19-2003, 05:46 AM
The latest Set Diary discussed a scene involving Palpatine, Mas Amedda, and Sly Moore at a Coruscant Theatre :). It says there aren't yet and plans to what is showing at the theatre, but what do you think Palpatine would go and watch :D?

PENDO!

jawaboy
07-19-2003, 09:23 AM
Spy Kids 3-D

Battle Droid
07-19-2003, 09:48 AM
Female Twi'lek mudwrestling.

Though really, I dunno, maybe a Sith vs. Jedi play where the Sith win. ;)

Beast
07-19-2003, 09:56 AM
Well, they mention what a sophisticated person Palpatine is. "But Palpatine is a man of refinement and sophisticated tastes, of course." I'm sure it's going to be some Star Wars-y version of Opera or something else equally pretentious. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-19-2003, 10:55 AM
A Shakesperian type play. "The Two Gentlemen of Varonat", "The Taming of the Sith"...

PENDO!

Jargo
07-19-2003, 12:41 PM
Probably a symphonic orchestra of aliens. With a cameo by John williams. Makes sense considering how they love to cram the cameos into these prequels. Classical star wars music done with strange instruments but all the sections of an orchestra. Wind, string, percussion, choral, et al.
It could be really impressive. I'd be disappointed if it was a pooey piece of acting type theater. I get a sense that Palpy likes music because it allows you to think while listening, it inspires. Talky theater would be too boring and tedious for him, too many voices all at once crowding in your thinking time. Music would allow palpatine to whisper to his aides undisturbed. I imagine Palpy to have box seats at the side of the stage.

Pendo
07-19-2003, 12:56 PM
Great idea Jargo. That's what I'd like to see too, and a cameo from Johnny Williams would be great :D.

PENDO!

Jek Porky 2002
07-19-2003, 02:42 PM
I think he'll be watching The Max Rebo band singing Jedi Rocks, classy man!

Beast
07-19-2003, 03:01 PM
I concur, excellent idea Jargo. A nice little cameo by John Williams would be most welcome. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

plo koon 200
07-19-2003, 04:30 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was what you first said JJB. I think most sopphisicated people go to opera. It would also be a ncie welcome to the Star Wars saga to have John Williams write a tad bit of opera with perhaps a small cameo.

Jek Porky 2002
07-19-2003, 04:53 PM
You do all know that knowing George it will end up being someone being fed to a large beast!

jawaboy
07-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Long time no see Jargo!

An opera sounds about right. And a cameo by John Williams would be cool.

I worry though how much this might start to look like the 5th Element. I hope Chris Tucker isn't reporting live from the opera house, and I certainly hope a blue alien doesn't have herself cut open with a lightsaber to reveal a power crystal.

But it would be interesting if this imitates the Godfather Part Stinko where Palpy's enemy is killed all around him during the opera. I can just a close up of Palpy's face with the music all crescendoing whilst Mace and other Jedi, far across the universe, finally realize its Palpy. I can see cutscenes to jedi dying and Yoda and other Jedi realizing its all slipped through their fingers. Just as if he "orchestrated" his plan perfectly and can revel in his brilliance.

It just may be. Georgie-porgie loves to honor his friends and heroes, especially other film makers like Francis Ford Coppola.

Jargo
07-20-2003, 07:20 PM
Long time no see Jargo!Jawaboy? I thought you went off and joined the academy? And so you're back
from outer space, I just walked in to find you here with that sad look upon your face. I should have changed my stupid lock, I should have made you leave your key, If I had known for just one second you'd be back to bother me.... :mad:

Just kidding baby. :kiss: :D :crazed: Good to see you back. Interesting theory too.