PDA

View Full Version : Cantina Bar Sets still possible?

LTBasker
07-19-2003, 06:23 AM
After staring at Obi-Wan and Elan endlessly in the japanese spread sheet pictures, I got a thought. Could the bar sets be done as basic figures? Obviously they wouldn't be be as big of bar pieces, but something like single stooled pieces with a generic alien. This way there is no special line to be worried about getting picked up, and with generic aliens you can't go wrong. Actually you could probably do about 3-6 generic alien figures with the bar pieces, and each piece could have a 1/3 third or half of a turn so we could put three together to get a full curve. This way we'd have a chance to get a fully curbed Cantina bar from having to pick up 8-10 figures from a choice of 3-6 different generic aliens. Perfect way to fill the Cantina uniquely and complete the bar without the pesky store exclusive stuff.

Here's the figures I'd suggest:
1. BoShek body with Duros head
2. Slightly improved Cantina Band member from the FC exclusive with the 5 instruments
3. Rodian with reposing
4. redetailed Ponda Baba figure (to be a basic Aqualish)
5. retooled CTC Jawa 2-pack
6. Orange pauldron Sandtrooper from the 4-pack (yea not alien but it'd sell and one was seen in there)
7. redetailed Klaatu, Barada or Nikto as a basic alien
8. Same as #7.

JediTricks
07-19-2003, 03:26 PM
Interesting idea. What about the unreleased Praying Mantis "Kitik Keed Kak" from the now-dead 2nd wave of WM-exclusive bar sets? That could be thrown in there as well, might as well get their money's worth on it.

Beast
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
Well, Hasbro told GH that the remaining bar sets are coming in 2004. :)

Galactic Hunter Edtior Michael Sullenger spoke with Hasbro's Star Wars Brand Marketing Manager, Jeff Popper, at Comic-Con 2003 to dig up the latest on some mysterious pieces spotted in earlier this year, the Sandcrawler and Wave 2 of the Cantina Assortment.

According to Popper the Cantina Sets (click the image to check out our Galactic Preview) were released early in Asia due to a miscomunication. These sets are due to hit an American retailer as an exclusive in 2004. Stay tuned! Galactic Hunter will let you know as soon as we know when and where these sets will emerge.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-19-2003, 08:08 PM
Glad those are confirmed as coming, I would've suggested putting figures from those sets in there, but this makes the need for the curved sections even more severe. At least if people wanted these to complete a full bar Hasbro knows they would sell. ;)

Kidhuman
07-20-2003, 07:56 PM
They should still be put out. Those figures look great. Especially with the never before seen one. Your idea was also pretty good LTB.

joe-da
07-20-2003, 08:45 PM
New figures of ANY KIND are a BAD idea. Kids want the MAIN CHARACTERS. Hasbro should concentrate on Tatooine Luke, Darth Maul, Vader and Han Solo - preferably re-releases but only if they have button-activated action features and exaggerated poses and magnets that fall out. The line NEEDS this and only this to flourish.

OK, back to reality....

I hope Kitik Keed'kak is at least released as a standard figure if nothing else. Dr. Evazan/Roofoo needs a total makeover IMO before being released to the public again.

And bring on Hem Dazon!

BLADE
07-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Glad to hear these will be released, I liked your idea too, now bring on the Tonnika Sisters !!!

Dr Zoltar
08-27-2003, 01:28 PM
In the most recent QA at Galactic Hunter they listed that Wave 2 of these figs aren't due to be released next year. I had some on preorder, but cancelled my order because it seemed the etailer would never get them. What about writing to the Fan Club and seeing if they would pick them up?

TheDarthVader
08-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Noooooooo! I was looking forward to at least picking up Kitik Keed'kak
You've got to be kidding me? After they heard someone would get the cantina 2 wave, they are now dismissing the claim? Nooooo!