PDA

View Full Version : POTJ Bespin guards

Banthaholic
07-19-2003, 11:55 AM
I've always wondered, is the Bespin guard in the POTJ playset the same as the one that came singular carded during POTJ.

I have my carded figure at my place here, although my Bespin Chamber is in storage 200 miles away. So I thought I'd ask he experts.

Also could anyone post a pic comparisson if they are different.
Thanx

Rogue II
07-19-2003, 03:30 PM
The carded version and the CFC version are different. The Guard from the playset is rather cheesy. Here is the pic from the Collector's Database: http://www.figures.com/archives/images/40/19440.jpg

Here is the carded version:
http://www.figures.com/archives/images/67/29167.jpg

Hellboy
07-19-2003, 03:42 PM
We still need a black Bespin Guard but I'll wager we never see it. Oh and Rogue II is right the guard from the playset is straight up cheese. :p

Banthaholic
07-19-2003, 04:10 PM
Thanks Rogue II,
I guess I was posting to early for me, forgot clear about the collecotrs database.
Although thanks for the pic links. They are both different.

Are both of these figures based on movie characters?

I was watching ESB last night (after being psyched about the new Hoth toys) and got thinking about the Bespin Guards. I clearly say the white moustached vintage, and black vintage.

hamsterboy
07-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah,that'd be neat if they did those two figures.

Rogue II
07-19-2003, 06:41 PM
I have no idea if the figure is movie based.

Hasbro has been doing quite a few re-hashes lately between the TRU sets, and Target Accessory packs. You would think it is only a matter of time before they made a black guard. Throw in a Lobot resculpt while they are at it.

I want to pick up another Bespin Guard and a Mace Windu and do a head swap. I already swapped heads with the Bespin guard and the bearded endor soldier.

TheDarthVader
07-21-2003, 05:44 PM
I have been wanting a black bespin guard every since the white guard came out! What is the problem? They can use the same body and accessories!!! I doubt that we will ever see it. :(
******Hasbro, listen, do a Bespin four pack with cloud car, new lobot, black guard, white mustache guard, and cloud car pilot. This set would be awesome!!!****************

Jaff
08-14-2003, 12:56 PM
We do need a Bespin overhall with figures. The POTJ Lando and Bespin guard show that (they are incredible figs). As for the Bespin Guard the one that came with the playset was really poorly done. He was bland with a dumb expression, poor detail, and blocky. When you stood the two figures next to eachother they lookes like vintage vs POTJ. I think I threw the Guard away that came with the freezing chamber. It was that bad!

yngadult
08-15-2003, 02:41 PM
I'm into realism of the figs. and preferred the guard to have his coat zipped up instead of open.
Otherwise, this is a great fig with my favourite feature for any fig, the functional holster.
I bought two at clearance otherwise I wouldn't have. I gave them to my kids.
Again, if he comes back with a closed jacket, I'll put him in my collection.