PDA

View Full Version : Did you ever notice?

mrhat
07-21-2003, 12:16 PM
As I was in my bedroom the other night I realized there is a somewhat strange pattern with Episode 2 in particular.

*ESB Slave 1 had Maroon accents where as AOTC Slave 1 has Blue accents.

*AOTC Republic Gunship has Maroon accents and the CW (Clone Wars) Release has Blue accents.

*AOTC Jedi Starfighter is Maroon and the CW Jedi Starfighter is Blue .

It seems random enough yet strangly intruiging... Any thoughts

JediTricks
07-22-2003, 12:28 AM
I think the red & white look of Republic vehicles in the prequels was supposed to stand for something specific, like "diplomatic ship" or something. I believe there was a specific plan behind the scenes for how Republic ship colors worked, but I'm not sure what it was.

In general, the filmmakers have tried to avoid using blue vehicles because they get lost in the bluescreen system, but I think they like the concept of blue vehicles because several SW vehicle concepts had lots of blue in 'em.

mrhat
07-22-2003, 12:38 AM
Makes sense, Looking at the blue gunships label it's the "Commad Gunship" maybe that has something to do with that whole color thing, and now with the Clone Wars cartoon they can have any color they please.

LTBasker
07-22-2003, 06:43 AM
Thought the Clone Wars Gunship was gonna have Black accents though? :confused:

mrhat
07-22-2003, 09:24 AM
I believe the one being released now as the "Command" Gunship has blue accents. A 3rd one is suposedly coming out...

Teeska Mon Eebon
07-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Thought the Clone Wars Gunship was gonna have Black accents though? :confused:

Yeah me too....