PDA

View Full Version : What Comic-Con coverage did you enjoy most?

Tycho
07-21-2003, 04:15 PM
Steve and our staff here at SSG worked very hard to bring you all the latest news coverage from the San Diego Comic Con.

We want to do our very best for our readers.

What part of the reporting did you enjoy the most?

mtriv73
07-21-2003, 04:25 PM
I liked it all, but the Hasbro coverage was what I was most interested in. Great job with all the coverage though.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-21-2003, 04:46 PM
I didn't look at anything other than the Hasbro coverage, but I thought the pictures were decent. I also appreciated the Q&A stuff.

JediTricks
07-21-2003, 11:24 PM
Hey Tycho, does that mean besides your coverage, that makes me "the staff" in this case? ;) heh heh, j/k, but I did enjoy helping out from my fortress of smogitude. :D I liked all the coverage I saw, though especially the Code 3 X-wing and Hasbro stuff.

Tycho
07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
I made a friend at Code 3 and that person let me personally handle their Falcon. Let me tell everyone here it is an 8 pound solid metal toy! It rocks!

This is no Action Fleet ship. This is a collectible of the quality you're expecting to pay for.

Kidhuman
07-22-2003, 02:25 AM
I liked it all.Hasbro got the main attention from me but overall alot of good products displayed there. Thank you SirSteve, Tycho and everyone else there for keeping us informed.

JediTricks
07-22-2003, 02:28 AM
That price ain't Action Fleet either though. I didn't abide Franklin Mint charging similar vast sums for the 007 Aston Martin nor the TOS Enterprise or TNG Ent-D, so I feel equally that $300 is too rich for my blood on this piece.

That being said, the X-wing coverage on the site led me to feel that it did seem closer to that price mark for me than the Falcon, but both look fantastic (... and are overpriced :D).

Jedi Tech
07-22-2003, 05:17 AM
I voted all of it even though I was interested in Hasbro the most. Nice job Tycho, Sirsteve etc.

SirSteve
07-22-2003, 09:04 PM
Glad everyone enjoyed our coverage. Each time we try to improve on certain things. I am really happy about the coverage for this show; I think everything went very smootly. I also enjoyed meeting some of you. If there is something you think we should do differently or have a suggestion on something additional we can do, please don't be afraid to speak up.

dr_evazan22
07-23-2003, 10:50 AM
I liked all the coverage. Good Job!

I thought of a question for Hasbro after reading the reports; maybe if any SSG'ers go to Wizard World they could be asked.

A report said that the Sandcrawler would not be the same mold as the vintage, as most of the new vehicles have been. We're getting a new TIE Fighter w/ a retooled center section. What is the possibility of getting any/ all vehicles retooled and more to scale and movie accurate?

stillakid
07-23-2003, 11:25 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed our coverage. Each time we try to improve on certain things. I am really happy about the coverage for this show; I think everything went very smootly. I also enjoyed meeting some of you. If there is something you think we should do differently or have a suggestion on something additional we can do, please don't be afraid to speak up.

How about a SirSteve's booth? I happened to run into Tycho, but only because we'd met previously and we knew each other.

Tycho
07-23-2003, 11:53 AM
That'd really make it hard to cover, and enjoy the Con.

Not to mention I was busy working out the arrangements for doing a presentation on the Friends of Parks and Recreation's donation program with the life-size Yoda and Watto SirSteves is helping give away, and I needed to coordinate things with Lucasfilm, the 501st, and the Star Wars actors who helped us pull off our event.

Plus on my own time, I got to enjoy the Smallville presentation.

I was really glad I didn't miss anything I wanted to go and do.

I made it known that those who wanted to meet Steve and myself, could find us daily at the Hasbro booth (usually wearing a shirt or other paraphanalia that identified us as from the site) but we could be especially easy to find at Hasbro's main Star Wars panel discussion on Friday (Star Wars day). There I was easy to find because if you were in line, I probably showed you my Wat Tambor figure, a receipt from Target that week, asked if you had him, and handed you a hardcopy of the distribution complaint letter(s) to Target, Wal-Mart, and Toys R Us, while you waited to be seated in Hasbro's forum. I only did that more than 100 times to the first bunch in line, identifying myself from the website, and encouraging folks to do something about the distribution problem that takes less time than it does to whine about it in the forums of their favorite site.

BTW - I just returned 5 minutes ago from buying 2 red battledroids, 2 Wat Tambors, 2 Aayla Securas, and I left behind Padme Weddings, Bariss', Coleman Trebor x 2, Yoda and Younglings (both varieties) etc.

Found them at Target.

bobafrett
07-23-2003, 01:35 PM
I voted for all of it, even though my main interest is in the upcoming Hasbro toys. I also liked the pictures of the Code 3 X-wing, as well as the Falcon. I have preordered the Falcon, and it was nice to see more pictures of this ship. I like the Kotobukyia and the Gentle Giant stuff, but I just don't have the money to buy "everything" as much as I would like to do.

BTW, I'm a member of the 501st, but I think we only had one person from the midwest that made it out that way. The photos made me wish I had made the trip!

SirSteve
07-23-2003, 08:52 PM
How about a SirSteve's booth? I happened to run into Tycho, but only because we'd met previously and we knew each other.

We have always wanted to do a booth. The problem is the Internet connection. We can't cover the show without one at the booth. So... we have some ideas so it is not out of the question for next years comic-con.

stillakid
07-23-2003, 09:00 PM
We have always wanted to do a booth. The problem is the Internet connection. We can't cover the show without one at the booth. So... we have some ideas so it is not out of the question for next years comic-con.

Web-cam? ...

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 05:28 AM
SSG did a web-cam at a show a little while back, it was kinda interesting.

stillakid
07-24-2003, 10:07 AM
SSG did a web-cam at a show a little while back, it was kinda interesting.

Was there a shower scene and pillow fight for added value? :Pirate:

Teeska Mon Eebon
07-24-2003, 09:03 PM
Well since all I collect is the figures and stuff I voted Hasbro

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Was there a shower scene and pillow fight for added value? :Pirate:
Yeah, but it was just Thrawn and SirSteve... not a pretty sight. :D

Kidhuman
07-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Yeah, but it was just Thrawn and SirSteve... not a pretty sight. :D

Ack....glad I missed that show. So is that SirSteve after the pillow fight in Thrawns avatar then?

JediTricks
07-26-2003, 05:56 AM
How do you know it's not the other way around? :D