PDA

View Full Version : Wouldn't it be awesome if Cartoon Network did a Shadows of the Empire Cartoon?

mrhat
07-22-2003, 12:51 AM
With the awesome looking Clone Wars show on the horizon, and ideas for a Pre- New Hope Chewbacca series, what about finally brining Shadows of the Empire to life through cartoon?

I mean think about it, obviously its a bit to late to do a Live-Action Movie about it, but with the scetches and concept art I've seen for CW, they could do a really REALLY good job with this intruiging storyline. Seriously, they could do a fairly lengthy series about it or just do an entire animated movie of it, much like the PPG movie (sorry needed an example). It could brethe new life into this "what happened between ESB and ROTJ" Novel. And MAYBE a whole new toy venture. True, there WAS a SOTE toyline, but they could go a lot farther if a show were created. The comics were awesome, the novel, WOW. If they played their cards right, theyd have possibly one of the best animted films ever created. Hopefully the CW shows when shown in sequential order make a cool "hour long Clone Wars Spectacular". With guidelines already set and high standards, SOTE is an idea you can bet on. You can't say you've never wanted to hear Prince Xizor, Dash Rendar, and company speak... REMEMBER YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST...

Thoughts? Threats? Etc...

jjreason
07-22-2003, 03:50 AM
I read the comics and the novel, and beat the heck out of the game. I'd watch an animated movie for sure..... but hasn't the time kind of come and gone?

mrhat
07-22-2003, 09:28 AM
Perhaps, but i think the interest would return if they were to do something like that. I mean why stop at CW and Chewbacca, SOTE is a logical move since a live action movie is out of the question, maybe getting all the stars together to voice it, THAT would be something.

QLD
07-22-2003, 10:49 AM
I have been saying for years, that they should make animated movies out of the EU. Especially the Thrawn Trilogy and the New Jedi Order.

evenflow
07-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Now that is an idea. That would be much better than the Clone Wars cartoon. SHadows of the Empire should really be done. It is an awesome story. I hope that if this Cone Wars cartoon works they really consider Shadows, as well as other stories.

mrhat
07-22-2003, 02:18 PM
maybe wventually every book/comic will have its day on the big/small screen. I drool just thinking about it, especially Dark Empire I and II... I may have to contact Cartoon Network, StarWars.com or something...

InsaneJediGirl
07-22-2003, 03:13 PM
I would like to see a Shadows of the Empire or New Jedi Order cartoon.The material is there,so it isnt like creators would have to spend time making up plot lines.

El Chuxter
07-22-2003, 05:11 PM
I can see it now:

"John Malkovich is Prince Xizor."

Kidhuman
07-22-2003, 05:52 PM
They would be great cartoons or animated movies. That way the stars from the OT could do the voiceovers. Anu cartoon nowadays will make it big on Cartoon Network. If they re did MOTU and Transformers, why not more SW. Maybe when CW makes it big they might expand on the idea and do something to that sort.

mrhat
07-22-2003, 07:45 PM
well to even get this whole thing past CW, watch it WHENEVER ITS ON, Yes they WILL rerun it over and over and over, but this is the first "hurdle" to further SW programming on CN. Starting in November Kepp CN on all the time, even if youre not home. That may be a bit extreme. Moving along...

scruffziller
07-25-2003, 09:28 AM
It would be more practical to do a CGI movie (like Final Fantasy) on other SW stories than actual filming.

Bosskman
08-06-2003, 06:35 PM
A SOTE cartoon would be awesome. I loved the book. The only thing I hated about SOTE was Guri-she gave me too much of a Data vibe. There's just something about a "human-replica-droid" that seems very un-starwarslike to me. My Ideal vision of Guri would be if she had been a towering hunk of metal like IG-88. OOOOOH YEEAAAAAAAHHH!!!

mrhat
08-06-2003, 06:44 PM
CGI, might set CW back a bit more than regular animation

mrhat
08-06-2003, 06:46 PM
CGI, might set CN back a bit more than regular animation. It probobly depends on how well CW does this fall, and if they do the Chewy/Han one they spoke of in SWI. Im probly going to write CN and see what kind of a chance we have with a SOTE cartoon in the forseeable future. I will post their response if any comes around.