PDA

View Full Version : 1 week to go!!!

EricRG
07-23-2003, 01:19 AM
Well, with one week to go, it appears that Lance Armstrong has a great chance to win his FIFTH-STRAIGHT Tour de France. The Centenary Tour this year has been one for the ages. Great races, tight time separation, crashes, and other wonderful drama. You should try to catch some this last week and witness the greatest athlete of our time tying the all-time record for most wins. Only one other man has won 5 straight. But it's even still close enough for there still to be some drama remaining to unfold!

Kidhuman
07-23-2003, 01:36 AM
He will win it all. After falling and still winning, and increasing his time, he is just unstoppable. I dont watch it, but it always is on sportscenter so I catch it.

bobafrett
07-23-2003, 01:07 PM
EricRG, has your Avatar always had Lance Armstrong on it? I was trying to figure out what it was, then when I read your above info, he just sort of stood out.

Keep going Lance! I saw that wipe out he took, and he still managed to win that stage! Incredible!

jjreason
07-23-2003, 04:44 PM
That was absolutely amazing. That elbow's gonna require a little ice. :wincingouchieface:

EricRG
07-24-2003, 12:07 AM
Yeah Bobafrett, I've always had the Lance avatar. That particular photo is from his first Tour victory, in 1999. This was as he crossed the finish line of Stage nine that year, moments after looking up to the sky. He destrpyed the field that day and was his first mountain stage win since coming back from cancer and was his "I'm back" redemption stage. Pure emotion, that day. My all-time favorite professional cycling moment. It was raining...that's why the picture is a bit hard to see.

EricRG
07-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Woohoo! Lance wins. Again. Again. Again. Again. Again.

Kidhuman
07-27-2003, 10:11 PM
Him and Booker T............

Five Time
Five Time
Five Time
Five Time
Five Time

Champions.

Heres to a sixth next year

Darth Jax
07-28-2003, 12:20 AM
Lance did what he needed to pull out the victory. my congrats go to tyler hamilton for even managing to finish the tour and nearly end on the podium.

bobafrett
07-30-2003, 12:28 AM
Now onto win number 6! That is just an awesome task to win 5 times. What a workout! Congratulations Lance!