PDA

View Full Version : It's the end my friends...

sicqnus
07-23-2003, 03:02 PM
It's very sad :cry: Here is the article from Reb'scum

Action Fleet Heads To Dry Dock
Mark: After having returned from a two-year hiatus, Hasbro's Action Fleet line has once again been put on hold. Failing to meet minimum quantity requirements from major retailers, Hasbro was left with no choice than to bring the line to a screeching halt. As a result several of the vehicles previously announced for later this year will in fact not be released, and those holding pre-orders for upcoming waves should expect cancellation notices soon. Were awaiting confirmation from Hasbro on the final wave of Action Fleet vehicles for this year, but it was suggested in San Diego that may well be the recently shipped Republic Gunship wave.

The good news is; tentative plans are in place to bring the line back in 2005 with renewed interest surrounding the release of Episode III. At that time, it was suggested, Hasbro is looking very hard at the possibility of adding mini-figures back into the line (something Action Fleet fans have been begging for since the line made it's comeback last year). As we are still quite a ways away from 2005 and Episode III, many plans can change but it was clear in talking with Hasbro representatives at Comic Con that there is a desire to continue bringing these toys to the fans and collectors that want them.

Well continue to follow the Action Fleet situation and bring you updates as new information develops.

:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

haggie
07-23-2003, 03:41 PM
They'll be back (fingers crossed). I really hope they ship Waves 5 and 6.

sicqnus
07-23-2003, 06:14 PM
I've just received an e-mail from Dave Roberts and he said all the preorders for the Mon Cal cruiser,JSF, A-wing wave are cancelled at this time.

joe-da
07-23-2003, 07:26 PM
If they had packaged mini-figures with them and made it so you could put figures inside them, then I would have bought them...

LTBasker
07-23-2003, 07:41 PM
Butched before we got into the good stuff, everybody who didn't predict this stand on your head. The Jedi Starfighter, Mon Cal Cruiser, Star Destroyer, etc., yep, all seemed like ruses to taunt us. They have no right to but I'm sure they'll blame this on stores or collectors when it was their own fault for rereleasing several easy to find vehicles with no features. I'm only suprised it last this long.

shinakuma43
07-23-2003, 08:34 PM
I guess I shouldn;t be surprised, they seem to have wnated the line to fail from the beginning anyways. Why else would they repaint 7 ships and rerelease them rather than start with new ships that people don;t already have. Hopefully they do release the upcoming waves. They are mostly totally new ships so I'm sure they'll sell well, but I guess corporate headquarters for the retailers would have to somehow believe that in order to place the orders Hasbro wants. They should have toy collectors in charge of ordering, we know what we want.

In 2005 we'll probbaly see another Luke's X-Wing and Falcon to start the next doomed Action Fleet series. Maybe they'll also do another repaint of the Nabo fighter to make it even better.

I guess we should have seen this coming, I've never even seen the gunship wave in stores, if I didn't preorder a case of them way back I'd still need them. No place online even seems to have them, not even ebay! So apparenlty orders were low on that wave. Hopefully that means there's a warehouse full of the that wil show up at KB or something in the future for those of us who want more Gunships.

Later,
S43

Butched before we got into the good stuff, everybody who didn't predict this stand on your head. The Jedi Starfighter, Mon Cal Cruiser, Star Destroyer, etc., yep, all seemed like ruses to taunt us. They have no right to but I'm sure they'll blame this on stores or collectors when it was their own fault for rereleasing several easy to find vehicles with no features. I'm only suprised it last this long.

good shot jansen
07-23-2003, 08:37 PM
ho hum...what else is new....................................
:rolleyes: :frus:

it ain't like we havn't been through this before :rolleyes:

and where mm's are concerned, we're still going through it.

it's a shame that they won't ship wave 5 to folks like d&s so's that we can get some new loot. i mean afterall, wasn't the mother lode of money spent in r&d? it ain't like the big bucks are in the actual fabrication and shipping.

oh well, as a mm collector, all's i gots to say is

"been ther done this" :o

what's truely amazin' is that after all these years, we're still banding together expressin' our feelings for something that in all honesty has been dead and buried for some time.

hey hasbro :mad: , if you are by some chance reading this, any other line you know of, generates this much interest and passion several years after it's demise? :sur:

just wonderin'......................

haggie
07-23-2003, 08:38 PM
And once they released a ship EVERYONE wanted, the Gunship, the retailers didn't order enough so hardly anybody who wanted one actually got one. I was getting several emails a day for the last few months through my site asking where people could buy the Gunship. There's no way they can claim lack of interest. Sh**y distribution is to blame. Same thing is happening to the 3 3/4" line, though we all know it wont get canceled. I've been getting more and more angry about this over the last few hours, but what can you do. The people at Hasbro just don't give a damn. :frus:

sicqnus
07-23-2003, 10:58 PM
Hope we will see them back in 2005 (little hope). With new features, figures, playsets, etc... Dreaming is free.
:mad: Tsss, the Star Destroyer : cancelled two times. Each time by Hasbro. I wonder if they finally produced the last wave in the Chinese factories or if the release dates and all the announcements were bull' ?
-----------------------------------------------------------
The King : The Hasbro company.
Yorick : The Action Fleet line.
Hamlet : An Action Fleet fan.

A Churchyard...

HAMLET
- Whose was it?

First Clown
- A *****son mad fellow's it was: whose do you think it was?

HAMLET
- Nay, I know not.

First Clown
- A pestilence on him for a mad rogue! a' poured a
flagon of Rhenish on my head once. This same skull,
sir, was Yorick's skull, the king's jester.

HAMLET
- This?

First Clown
- E'en that.

HAMLET
- Let me see.

Takes the skull

- Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio: a fellow
of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy: he hath
borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how
abhorred in my imagination it is! my gorge rims at
it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know
not how oft. Where be your gibes now? your
gambols? your songs? your flashes of merriment,
that were wont to set the table on a roar? Not one
now, to mock your own grinning? quite chap-fallen?
Now get you to my lady's chamber, and tell her, let
her paint an inch thick, to this favour she must
come; make her laugh at that. Prithee, Horatio, tell
me one thing.

HORATIO
- What's that, my lord?

HAMLET
- Dost thou think Alexander looked o' this fashion i'
the earth?

HORATIO
- E'en so.

HAMLET
- And smelt so? pah!

Puts down the skull

William Shakespeare -
Hamlet "rehashed Action Fleet" version.

SWAFMAN
07-23-2003, 10:59 PM
I wonder how long it'll take the ebayscalpers to jack up their existing for-sale AF from standard-rape to ultra-turbo-rape prices?

Anyone notice anything pulled/relisted at higher opening bid prices today?

:rolleyes:

Assuming the promised upcoming wave vehicles don't ship to retailers, anyone think any contraband wave 5 & 6'ers'll show on e-bay for mega:greedy:bucks???

:confused:

You Suck, Hasbro. Like a Hoover Deluxe, You Suck.

:mad:

britcit3
07-24-2003, 02:18 AM
Surely they must have finished the 1st production run of wave 5 by now with the shipping time so close - so what are they going to do? melt them down or actually send them to the stores?

We may still see wave 5 yet, I feel - remember a couple of years ago when I found Ep1 MM sets 11, 12 & 13 in discount stores when nobody actually thought that they had made it to the production stage?

From now on, every discount store that I pass is getting a visit.

BC3

sergiurusu
07-24-2003, 02:59 AM
what about the Spider droid? I was waiting for an enemy for the Gunship... :confused:

JediTricks
07-24-2003, 06:47 AM
Right now, all I can think is "how do I not give Hasbro the middle finger in every way possible?" It's unbelievable how badly they've handled the line, and now to cancel it blaming the retailers who are just reacting to mountains of repaints like the X-wing and poorly-sculpted Solar Sailers, that's incomprehensible to me. Or maybe I'm wrong, but that's certainly how it seems from here. When I can compose myself, I'll try to get a conversation with Hasbro about what's happening to the sets that were about to ship, at least get them to the Fan Club or something.

But for right now, I just feel like screaming obscenities and flipping them the bird.

jeddah
07-24-2003, 10:57 AM
I agree JT, this Company not only passes the buck, but manages to alienate the collecting community through blame. FGS, it is not as if we're not already the misunderstood, poor cousins of the SW collecting community. Now we're disenfranchised too!

I wish I could take some comfort from the fact that I had quit collecting after the EP1 Micromachinesgate. (No, on second thoughts I think Hasbrogate is a far better term) What is that girl called in the X-men who poisons everything she touches? Anyway, I know that if I had seen that Mon Cal and some of the other newly released/planned AFs, then I would not have been able to pass them by....

Hasbro have not only acted clumsily and irrationally, against the fan demands, but also unprofessionally and incompetently. Perhaps we can expect a merger with BT and the UK Government soon?

Okay, so we can all agree "they'll be back" and be patient but there wouldn't be a need to do so if this line had been marketed with more consistency and forethought.

Right now, the only thing that could sugar this pill for me is if the AF line was cut to reintroduce the MM line.

jeddah

matthewilw
07-24-2003, 04:58 PM
All I have to say is that if we don't at least get wave 5, I'm going to be super ******!!! The JSF was the one action fleet I was actually looking forward too, and this was the only time I pre-ordered an action fleet item instead of searching for it at retail. I agree that hasbro should at very least sell wave 5 through the fan club or something. At least give us a chance to purchase them! :frus:

Oh, and if anyone has a republic crusier they could spare, please let me know.

JediTricks
07-25-2003, 01:17 AM
I was pretty cheesed-off last night so I wrote up a bunch of questions about this situation for Hasbro in less than my normal diplomatic style (I was trying to be diplomatic, but the frustration caused the work to be well beneath my usual efforts). It was sent to them this morning, hopefully we'll get something back, but I am not promising anything. I made sure to ask more than once about the fate of the product that was due to ship soon.

darthcarlos
07-25-2003, 03:16 AM
HASBRO,,,YOU GUYS SUCK, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK.........!!!!!!
Don't hold your breath for Action Fleet in 2005. I know I won't.
This company is so scatter brained and unprofessional. What are they
smoking at HASBRO!

Darth Carlos

JediGoofy
07-25-2003, 05:19 AM
They say "Failing to meet minimum quantity requirements from major retailers, Hasbro was left with no choice". :mad: But, from what I see, they themselves planned the new Saga AF line with the hidden intention of making it fail! They designed a product that is no more a toy (no mini figures, no action features on the new ships) and not yet a model (no increase of details on new vehicles, usually quite bad new paintjobs on old vehicles).

Anyway I do not agree the new AF did not sell. The interesting vehicles disappeared quickly from the shelves (and it would have been easily possible to indicate the shelves warmers right from the start: bad new sculpts or inflationated vehicles). They are even hard to find on line (see eBay for example). If Hasbro does not understand this, it is a confirmation they were and are not interested in the line at all. They yield to someone insistence to restart AF, reluctantly and looking for the first opportunity to stop it again. :(

Moreover I think AF and MM collectors are not the only ones to find it sad, how many SW action figures collectors (Hasbro's customers base) have AF vehicles in their collections? A lot! Because they are, first of all, SW fans and they are interested in everything is SW related. Most of them did not resist, in the past, to buy some of the appealing, action features packed, less than a minute screen time, cool looking, mini figure equipped AF vehicles! :happy: All features missing in the last Saga AF. :(

JediGoofy

P.S. Bring back Micro Machines!

Warstar
07-25-2003, 05:33 AM
Great...so when, after a few years, I try to come back into collecting, I'll have to pay MONSTER cash for the Republic Gunship (never even SEEN one), the AT-TE, the Solar Sailor (Tron's was better), etc...

Can someone tell me the LAST wave being released then? What ships are in them and quantities? Because it looks like I will be forced to pick them up now or pay hundreds later...

*Already dreads selling his E-Wing...:(*

haggie
07-25-2003, 10:18 AM
Great...so when, after a few years, I try to come back into collecting, I'll have to pay MONSTER cash for the Republic Gunship (never even SEEN one), the AT-TE, the Solar Sailor (Tron's was better), etc...

Can someone tell me the LAST wave being released then? What ships are in them and quantities? Because it looks like I will be forced to pick them up now or pay hundreds later...

*Already dreads selling his E-Wing...:(*

Well, you can usually go into just about any Target or Walmart and find a Solar Sailor lying around. The others have pretty much disappeared from retail, though you can get them online. I've got links on my site that show what online retailers still have the new AFs in stock (though you wont be finding Wave 4 anywhere). www.starwarsactionfleet.com (http://www.starwarsactionfleet.com)

JediTricks
07-26-2003, 07:36 AM
TRU occasionally has a Solar Sailer as well... sometimes a small hill of 'em actually.

Until Hasbro graces us with the answers to my question, we don't know if the Rep Gunship wave is the last one or not, but assume it is for now.

Battle Droid
07-26-2003, 10:33 AM
Well that's just great, I was really looking forward to the Homing Spider Droid! :frus:

sicqnus
07-26-2003, 10:59 AM
I just have the confirmation that a few of the Wave 5 and 6 have been produced. I'm working very hard to try to get a few units.

haggie
07-26-2003, 02:20 PM
I just have the confirmation that a few of the Wave 5 and 6 have been produced. I'm working very hard to try to get a few units.

We can only hope that there's enough to go around. :(

DyeJedi
07-26-2003, 10:40 PM
We can only hope that there's enough to go around. :(
Well... what.... what.... what if we stole the molds? For every AF vehicle ever created.... Surely it could be easy enough to find more machines to make them run... right?

Aww fewwy. I'm grabbing for a rope of air (which, for those unaware, is not in the best interest of the grabber).

Banthaholic
07-27-2003, 11:34 AM
I don't know why Hasbro keeps kicking some of their most loyal fans in the back end.
AF fans are a different animal. I really hope they let fans get Wave 5, either thourhg etailers or a to retailers that'll bite.

DyeJedi
07-27-2003, 12:28 PM
AF fans are a different animal
I know man! Honestly, the waves are small enough that even if you don't much care for a ship, you just get so sick of seeing it on shelves and not in your display you buy it anyways. I know it happened to me with many of them.

RobertDD
07-28-2003, 01:10 AM

Two questions:
1. Where did this information come from? (Hasbro directly?)
2. What ships are in wave 6?
3. How do you work on getting a few units now?

OK, I guess it was three questions. :)

haggie
07-28-2003, 01:30 AM
2. What ships are in wave 6?

Presumably, wave 6 consists of the Homing Spider Droid, Zam's Speeder, and Anakin's Speeder. Finally a wave that was made up entirely of AOTC toys and they decide to axe it. :frus:

RobertDD
07-28-2003, 06:44 AM
Thanx,

I didnt realize that that was gonna be wave 6. I was hoping the star destroyer would be in that wave.

sicqnus
07-28-2003, 08:50 AM
Take a look at this :
these are part of wave 6, Anakin's Speeder and Zam Wessel speeder (the other one is spider drod - not pictured).

I have a contact who should be able to get a few units. Not sure yet because he's Chinese and it will be a little difficult because of the language :rolleyes: (arrg! must learn Chinese). I have another plan : A friend of mine here in France has a Chinese girlfriend. She will go to China one month in her family, I gave her a detailed list with pictures and will stay in contact.

AndyW
07-28-2003, 10:41 AM
I go away for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!

This is tragic news indeed, its about the only star wars toys I collect. And I, like many of you, was so looking forward to the Jedi Starfighter wave. :cry:

shinakuma43
07-28-2003, 11:25 AM
Well, at least it's just "about the only" line you collect. I only collect AFs, MMs, DCs, X-Rays, and Action Fleet is by far my favorite. The originals are still better than the new ones, but I'd rather see more produced than none. I guess the only additions I'll be making to my collection in the future are more package variations and the few really rare items I've been looking for forever.

Hopefully they will do somethign with waves 5, 6, the Death Star and Star Destroyer. It would also be nice to finaly get a boles rore and Neeva Keye Podracer. If they could make thme all and sell them through the fan club, or anywhere, it would be great, but it would be a shock if they actually did. I think hasbro must love to tease collectors. "Hey guys, check out these images of upcoming releases. We know you wnat them : ) ... a few months later... Sorry guys we were just kidding, we felt as if it would be a good investment coming up with the design and molds for the ships, but we won't actually sell the since we know you don;t want them anyways, (followed by evil hasbro laughter which must be run by Emperor Palpatine)".

Don't mind me, I'm insane,
S43

I go away for two weeks!!!!!!!!!!

This is tragic news indeed, its about the only star wars toys I collect. And I, like many of you, was so looking forward to the Jedi Starfighter wave. :cry:

JediTricks
07-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Just a point of moderate interest, on the SW line, Hasbro requires 10,000 units to make an exclusive. If the AF current line is cancelled, does that mean that there wasn't 10,000 units ordered altogether of the current wave?

AndyW
07-29-2003, 09:33 PM
I know it might sound tragically optomistic and a little naive but is there anything we can do about this? Would getting in contact with hasbro be like talking to a brick wall? I doubt we could get them to change their minds ovbviously, but could some campaigning get at least Wave 5 out of their dark caves? I would do some serious campaigning to get that Jedi Starfighter out there to us all and I know I'm not the only one.

Anyone got any bright ideas?

matthewilw
07-30-2003, 01:40 AM
I don't have any ideas other tan e-mailing hasbro, but that won't get us very far. But if anyone can come up with something please let me know. I WANT THAT JEDI STARFIGHTER!!!

good shot jansen
07-31-2003, 05:53 PM
got an e-mail this morning from dave roberts of d&s toys, letting me know that hasbro has cancelled wave 5 and that they will not be getting any to sell..............................sigh

and the fat lady does indeed seem to be stepping out from beyond the wings to deliver her much dreaded, yet fully expected soliloquy

:cry:

LTBasker
07-31-2003, 06:18 PM
Why does this seem like the Simpsons episode when they go to Australia?

"Yes I would like a coffee" - Marge
"Beer." - Clerk
"No, coffee." - Marge
"Beer." - Clerk
"COFFEEE!" -Marge
"Beer." - Clerk.

Not the exact convo but yeah..get's the point across.

AndyW
07-31-2003, 09:29 PM
got an e-mail this morning from dave roberts of d&s toys, letting me know that hasbro has cancelled wave 5 and that they will not be getting any to sell..............................sigh

I also recieved the same news. We have a word in Britain that is very much appropriate for such times. "Arse"

JediTricks
07-31-2003, 11:43 PM
Got replies to my questions from Hasbro, but I am waiting to post 'em until I get some follow-up questions answered. No "good news in dark times" from what I'm seeing though, but that's part of why I'm waiting for them to clarify a few things.

sicqnus
08-01-2003, 01:34 AM
Useless to reconsider the reproaches makes to Hasbro that I read in all the forums devoted to Action Fleets.

Useful ?

Too many rehashed (X-wing with a new yellow stripe on the nose ? Great deal..., New Millenium Falcon with big black marks spraypainted with a paintbomb by a tagger... funny ? A Naboo fighter, one of the ugliest and innacurate AF ever with a little blast mark... what is it worth ???).

No more figures... Well Hasbro thought removing one of the two figures on the Episode 1 line will maybe help them to ask more money to the fans and saving money at the same time. They were wrong. Fans (in America or anywhere else) are not stupid rednecks.
It was the beginning of the end. A slow agony...
No more playsets or Battle packs, you will agree I cannot call Battle packs the "things" Hasbro has launched as Target exclusives... Less fun, less playability, less interaction...
The most incomprehensible thing : why wainting months and months after the movie to launch the heroes ships ???
And useless to recall the Slave One was "available" (I know it's a funny word sometimes) several months before the "never to be seen" Jedi Starfighter !!!
Just an idea : I'm a child, I saw AOTC and I loved it. I would love to recreate the battle scene between the two heroes but when I'm asking for my cool toys, big daddy H says : "Ok, you will have your Slave One in 6 months, maybe 8... (after the movie ! And you know how fickle the young public is !). And if you're quiet enough, you could have your Jedi Starfighter 6 months later". IN-CRE-DI-BLE !
Even the collectors community didn't understood your policy : Why lauching the interesting items after the rehashed ? I remember when I first saw the unveiled first three Saga AF... Was it at ToyFair ? I said to myself "Oh no, they made the three ships that everybody already have and still available in clearance in most stores". Galoob, you remember ?
How could you expect people to be interested by rehashed ships ? (without mini-figures, a real disapointment)...
One or two brand new vehicles should have been the solution to create a real interest on this amazing line during the presentation.

Another thing, in the case you will make something in 2005, if you really want to modernize the line then jump the ridiculous size limitation barrier : The Royal cruiser seen at the beginning of Episode 2 is an amazing ship but to be an interesting toy, it should have a 10 or 12" wingspan. If you wanna make a superdeformed vehicles line, keep in mind the fact that TOMY Japan is better than you... :p
We never saw it in the Saga asst. Maybe it's because it could have resembled the solar sailer... you remember, the super cool ship (on screen) made into a toy that resembles a Badmington shuttlecock (Well I say that because I played Badmington in my garden with your toy : Believe me it works fine ! I should say you made it for that !!!). I heard complaints about lots of dusty Solar sailers on toystores shelves : try sports stores, they will sell fast !!! :evil:

You the manager with the white shirt and the black tie :
I would love to know in which school you made you management and commerce studies... :rolleyes: Please tell us you drunk too many beers, fu.... too many girls and hadn't enough time for studying : you bought your diploma isn't it ;) ???
It wasn't the case ??? :confused: Arrgh ! Please tell us which high school it was... We will beg our children to never make their studies over there. :eek:

The only thing really irritating in all that it is that at Hasbro there are many talented people but they do not have the possibility of letting work their imagination. :dead:

It was one of the keys of the Galoob's success. :zzz:

And do not tell me StarWars isn't a good license during the non-movie years or other bullsh... like that. You were sooo proud to announce the signature of a new partnership with LucasFilmLicensing until... what ? 2008... 2018 ?!?!? :greedy: :greedy: :greedy:
Wow !!! Quite good for a "poor sales" license.
Who is responsible? The economic situation or your strategy ?

...Yeah I know, you're unlucky. :cry:

American pie.

vulcantouch
08-01-2003, 01:15 PM
it was George Lucas Himself who not only authorized but insisted upon the present state of affairs in requiring galoob, in exchange for prequel toy rights, to cede majority ownership to lucasfilm in 1996. soon after, galoob "consented" to being acquired by hasbro, allowing the latter to systematically de-emphasize mms in favor of their own, more expensive 3&3/4"-scale format until mms became, in effect, Irrelevant.
the only thing i've never been able to confirm is Why. was the higher cost of the 3&3/4" line really motivation enough to quietly shelve any lines that had the potential to challenge its monolithic dominance?? it would seem like an extraordinarily petty choice, but from what a little birdy tells me about lucas, such pettiness shouldn't necessarily be ruled out :( (is the lesson here to keep power out of the hands of anyone named "george"? ;) )
vt

Ric Olie
08-01-2003, 08:06 PM
So they aren't going to release the Homing Spider Droid? I really wanted that one, so my AT-TE could have something to battle.

RobertDD
08-01-2003, 11:50 PM
I just got the following message from Entertainment Earth:

Dear RobertDD,

We are sending this email as a reminder to let you know of your
outstanding orders. This is simply an Order Status report. No action on
your part is necessary.

If you have items that are scheduled for release in the future, carefully
check the Estimated Release Date. These dates often change and are
subject to change at any time due to possible, and often likely,
manufacturer delays.

We will automatically ship your backordered items if we do not hear from
you. You may of course choose to cancel your order at this time, or
select to substitute another item. Please reply to this e-mail if you
wish to make any changes.

Customer Number: 1234567

Order Number: 7654321
Internet Order Number: 12345678901234
Order Date: 7/27/2003
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Item #, Quantity, Name, Status
HS46796EE, 1, Action Fleet Asst. 5, Set, Estimated Release Date is August

We will not charge your credit card until items are in stock and being
prepared for shipment. You will only be charged once for shipping &
handling if your order is sent in multiple shipments.

ATTENTION ALL NON-USA CUSTOMERS: You are responsible for all duties, fees,
and taxes.

Check Your Order Status Online:
https://www.entertainmentearth.com/youraccount.asp

Return Policy:
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/help/faq.asp?cat=1&searchfield=Returns

If you need to get in touch with us about your order, send an e-mail
message to cs@entertainmentearth.com (or just reply to this message), Fax
1-818-255-0091, or call 1-818-255-0095.

Thank you for shopping at Entertainment Earth!

I am so hoping... (BTW, check the order date, right after I read the anouncement that AFs were gonna be discontinued)

Banthaholic
08-14-2003, 01:23 AM
Here's a copy of an email I sent Hasbro

'I am rather disapointed at the canceling of your Action Fleet line.
I feel that Hasbro, doomed the line when Hasbro started it up last year. If new vehicles were offered they would have sold better than the recycled garbage Hasbro tried to sell. Hasbro can't constantly through garbage at Star Wars fans and think they'll buy it because it has the name Star wars on it.
Action Fleet is a great idea, it's just a shame that it has to be canceled when Actual NEW vehicles were on the horizon.
I'm hoping Hasbro will shop them around to a few etailers. There is a demand for the product, unfort Hasbro is stopping the supply.'

It's sad to see a good line be put on standstill. It never hurts to write & complain, maye if they get enough they might rethink their approach when they launch AF part 3

yngadult
08-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I'd like to see the mini figs. What a great assortment to have the following sets:

Jedi knights
Clone Troopers
A Jango Fett etc.

RobertDD
11-11-2003, 08:16 AM
I just got the following message from Entertainment Earth today:

11/10/2003
Order Number: xxxxxxx

Dear Robert Dijkman Dulkes,

Thank you for ordering from Entertainment Earth. Unfortunately, the Action
Fleet Asst. 5, Set, (Item HS46796EE) which you ordered has been cancelled
by the manufacturer. No further details on the reason why this was
cancelled was communicated to us. The order you placed for this item has
been cancelled in our system. Your order information appears below.

Order Number: xxxxxxx
Customer Number: yyyyyyy

Item#, Quantity, Product Name, Item Status
------------------------------------------------------------------
HS46796EE, 1, Action Fleet Asst. 5, Set, CANCELLED
------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh well, not like I didn't see it coming...

good shot jansen
12-09-2003, 10:23 AM
i know it's been several holiday seasons under the bridge since i was last scouring the shelves in search of micro machines and action fleet to help make the season merry, but for some reason, this season it's really sunk in hard.

even though the last thing on my kids wish list this year is star wars toys, it always made the season feel that much more festive when i could present a new galoob toy as a present.

over the past year i've tried to replace the galoob excitement with other toy offerings from konami and such, and even sprung for the big bucks to buy the code 3 falcon, and most recently the x-wing. but quite frankly, nothing takes the place of the excitement of finding a new galoob item on the shelves, scouring over the excellent packaging, reading all the specs associated with the vehicle, and in the case of the battle packs, specs for each figure included..............................sigh

some of the absence was eased by the ability to acquire the mm prototypes earlier this year, (or was it last?, btw vt, when we gonna get the tour back up so's i can once again marvel at my lil beauties?).

i wish i could find some other toy line that gave me the thrill of galoob, but in reality, i've come to realise that just like corgi and dinky from my childhood, micro machines have now become just another fond memory.

np: prince - nothing compares to u

vulcantouch
12-09-2003, 01:50 PM
-i deserve that agate-bustin and any more you got, so don't hold back- and that goes for you too ltb, don't think i've forgot :stupid: doing things in my own time always serves me well; usually others too, but maybe not this time, i for one didn't plan on it takin This long :o the ent-d's the only one i haven't been able to devote the 2-3 hours of intensive, uninterrupted scrutiny under perfect lighting the critiquing requires; i've already examined & thoroughly noted the others, even though i've yet to convert those notes into postable critiques :rolleyes: but just last nite my spidey-senses hinted that this winter-solstice light might Shed Some Helpful Light on the task, so to speak :cool: anyhoo i got no excuses for how long it's taken so far so here's my butt, feel free to chew on it some :dead:
meanwhile the closest i've come to a recent mm, aside from prev-mentioned tron 2.0 disc, is probe droid from a sith training maul i scored for $2 :p
vt
p.s. jt's playmates ships and swaffy's mixtape/VTape shipment are a whole Other issue, but feel free to dogpile :crazed:

JediTricks
12-10-2003, 01:52 AM
VT, where's my Playmates stuff?!? :D

It's terrible that MM and AF have gone the way of the dinosaur. I love the ones I have and always at least glance at 'em every day, but unless Hasbro lets their new MM division take over the line or comes through on their claim of getting vehicles out there in a similar format, the lust for MM is slowly fading within me. It's still one of the greatest lines ever though and I have spent more than my fair share of conversation time discussing that with others, but right now there's NOTHING out there in the MM style for me and it's a downer.

good shot jansen
12-10-2003, 08:13 AM
don't worry about the mm proto's, i know they'll make their way back in due time. i was just complaining on how there's nothing at all on the mm scene right now(or sci fi minatures in general) that take care of my need of a mm fix.

i guess hasbro know's so much more than we do about toys and marketing, i was at target this weekend, and the only star wars items on the shelves were lego.

does this mean hasbro's gonna pull the entire 3/4" line and rethink the product until episode III gets released?

what a bunch o' yutz's they got over their in rhode island.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-30-2003, 12:37 AM
It's been a while since I posted here on the MM board, but that still doesn't mean I haven't been keeping tabs on the situation.

The AF line has bit the dust, that is of course old news. Opinions relating to the demise have probably been agreed on, but here are my thoughts.

I could have probably told you that after the initial wave of Action Fleet ships sorta hung around the shelves for months. I only bought the Falcon from that wave, because I missed it the first time around. The rest of the ships, X-Wing & Tie Advanced were rehashes of earlier AF ships. Do you think anyone at Hasbro realized that just because you have a new movie, and different packaging, that most collectors won't be fooled when you put out the same product. Granted, the ships may have been retooled a bit to make them better, but I had many X-Wing Starfighters and I wasn't about to cough up $10 for another one.

The same thing happened with the Cantina Scene Action Figures that sat on Wal-Mart shelves for a year. Most fans want to see figures or vehicles they haven't seen before. When you have all these different toy lines competing for your dollar, you have to be choosy about what you buy. That is one reason I gave up being a completist. I am not going to buy a cruddy Darth Maul figure, because it comes with a brown training vest. Sorry, I have three different ones already. If only the line started off with unique ships from Episode II, maybe things would have been different.

Stores then passed up on ordering more AF, and Hasbro saw it's sales decline so it underproduced the next waves until it was finally cancelled. The last wave I ever saw, was the snowy AT-AT, and then AF vanished (except for KB which as usual has overpriced ones still hanging around).

The good news is that it seems AF will return yet again in 2005 with Episode III. Hopefully Hasbro will listen to the fanbase instead of acting like a business run by a bloated government bureaucracy making unwise decisions. Until then, I am glad that MM and AF fans have a place to talk about the past, present, and future with fellow collectors and maybe make a few trades.

stillakid
12-30-2003, 10:45 AM
...I wasn't about to cough up $10 for another one.
The same thing happened with the Cantina Scene Action Figures that sat on Wal-Mart shelves for a year. .

I stayed away from the entire line primarily because they were too much money for too little product.

The second statement above gets into distribution problems as well...we did not have Cantina Scene's hanging off pegs for any length of time where I'm from. If Hasbro has anything to learn it's that dumping a million units of something into one retail area is not the way to sell product.