PDA

View Full Version : Another DVD question

AT-AT Man
07-24-2003, 11:39 AM
Jar Jar, this ones for you. I'v searched on a lot of DVD forums and sites and have not found the information i wanted. Well here it is. When does X2 come out on DVD. no one on any of the forums i'v been to know. It hasn't be posted on any of the confirmed lists. it makes me mad, because The Matrix 2 and Hulk might come out before X2. Well if anyone can give me information on this, i'll be very happy. Thanks in advance.

Beast
07-24-2003, 12:27 PM
Jar Jar, this ones for you. I'v searched on a lot of DVD forums and sites and have not found the information i wanted. Well here it is. When does X2 come out on DVD. no one on any of the forums i'v been to know. It hasn't be posted on any of the confirmed lists. it makes me mad, because The Matrix 2 and Hulk might come out before X2. Well if anyone can give me information on this, i'll be very happy. Thanks in advance.
The release date is September 12th, from everything I've seen. That's the date in Japan anyway, and should be fairly consistant with the release date here. Here's even the artwork for the set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-24-2003, 01:00 PM
I bet JJB didn't even have to look that up! He's a walking, talking, living database of all things DVD :rolleyes:.

:D

PENDO!

AT-AT Man
07-25-2003, 12:37 AM
so is this going to be a 2 disc set, or will it be like the original X-Men movie and come out with two versions. Thanks again for that help, i guess i'll be getting this for my birthday.

Pendo
07-25-2003, 05:08 AM
The UK release date has been announced - 24th November 2003 :D. The US release will probably be around the same time :).

PENDO!

plo koon 200
07-25-2003, 09:20 AM
so is this going to be a 2 disc set, or will it be like the original X-Men movie and come out with two versions. Thanks again for that help, i guess i'll be getting this for my birthday.
I hope it dosen't have two versions. I bought both for the first X-Men movie and feel kind of cheated.

mrmiller
07-25-2003, 10:22 AM
I was thinking about buying the 1.5 version- is it worth it? Would it be better if you didn't have the 1st release, or are all the X2 previews all that are new (of course now seeing X2 that is worthless).

Anyone?

=MATT=

Beast
07-25-2003, 11:09 AM
I was thinking about buying the 1.5 version- is it worth it? Would it be better if you didn't have the 1st release, or are all the X2 previews all that are new (of course now seeing X2 that is worthless).

Anyone?

=MATT=
The X-Men 1.5 DVD is great. You do loose the 'Mutant Watch' Fox Special from the basic set. But the extras you get beyond that, more then make up for it's loss. It wasn't that great anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mrmiller
07-25-2003, 09:40 PM
Thanks Jar Jar. I picked it up today, as Target had it on sale for $12.99! I had been thinking about it, but wasn't sure if it was worth it. Now I just have to find time to watch it :)

=MATT=

AT-AT Man
07-26-2003, 08:45 PM
hey fokes, just found out that they are releasing a Directors cut of Daredevil that will be released later this year. so i want to advise yopu before you go out and buy the one that comes out tuesday.

It is said to have all the deleted scenes added into the movie and it's supposed to be about 2 and half hours. so i'm just advising every one before you go out and get it.

Pendo
07-27-2003, 05:37 AM
Well I got the Region 2 version of Daredevil the other week and to us it is already has some scenes back in it, as in our Theatrical Version it didn't have the sai through the hand.

Any word on whether the UK are going to get this Director's Cut too?

PENDO!

scruffziller
08-14-2003, 10:48 AM
Man that pic looks cool but what is up with Prof X all the way in the back!!!!:mad: He should be in the middle out in front!!!!

Beast
08-14-2003, 11:10 AM
Well, the date and the cover art was wrong. The actual release date for X2 is November 4th. Which means it's actually coming out after The Hulk which comes out October 28th. There will be two different releases. Widescreen (Yay!) and Pan & Scam (Boo!). Here's the cover art. And the R4 (Region 4) DVD details. Expect R1 to be similar. :)

Here are the R4 specs from the fox press release...
DISC 1 Description

AUDIO COMMENTARIES (x 2)
Audio Commentary by Bryan Singer, John Ottman and Tom Sigel
. Audio Commentary by Lauren Shuler Donner, Ralph Winter, Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris and David Hyter

DISC 2 Description

HISTORY OF THE X-MEN
Featurette: The Secret Origin of X-Men
Featurette: Nightcrawler Reborn

PRE-PRODUCTION
4 Multi-Angel Fight Sequences Night Crawler Attack
Featurette: Evolution in the Details Designing XMen 2
Featurette: United Colours of X

PRODUCTION Six Featurettes/Documentaries:
Wolverine Deathstrike Fight Rehearsal
The Second Uncanny Issue of X-Men Making X-Men 2
Introducing the Incredible Nightcrawler
Nightcrawler Stunt Rehearsal
Nightcrawler Timelapse
. FX2-Visual Effects

POST-PRODUCTION Two Featurettes:
Requiem for Mutants-The Score of X-Men 2
X-Men 2 Webcast Highlights

DELETED SCENES Eleven Deleted Scenes:
1. Extended Wolverine/Deathstrike Fight (Approx. 2:30)
2. Wolverine Kills The Intruder (Approx. :22)
3. Mystique In Stryker's Files (Approx. 2:53)
4. Nightcrawler Bamfs To Save The Students (Approx. :30);
5. Jean And Storm In The X-Jet (Approx. 1:09);
6. Jubilee At The Museum (Approx. 1:15)
7. Pyro Starts The Campfire (Approx. :20);
8. One Of The Children Is Sick After Bamfing (Approx. :13);
9. Rogue Helps The Children Escape (Approx. :30);
10. Professor X And Cyclops Escape (Approx. 1:37);
11. Arriving To An Empty School (Approx. :41)

GALLERIES 8 Static Image Galleries:
1. Graphics Gallery
2. Museum Stills
3. Production Design
4. Character
5. Graphics
6. Nightcrawler
7. Gus Dyas Gallery
8 Promotional Artwork

TRAILERS Trailer X-Men 2 Theatrical Trailers

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
08-15-2003, 08:17 AM
HEE HEE HEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOOLSCREEN!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

AT-AT Man
08-15-2003, 03:47 PM
i can't wait for this DVD i'll be out first day picking this baby up. This migt wind up being one of m favorits movies ever, it's slowly making it's way up the list.

Beast
08-26-2003, 08:53 PM
You can view the 11 deleted scenes on-line right now, at Superhero Hype. :)

X-Men 2 Deleted Scenes (http://www.superherohype.com/cgi-bin/news/fullnews.cgi?newsid1061657353,88094,)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

AT-AT Man
08-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Yeah, I saw those just the other day. The one with Jubillee was cool. I hope her charecter gets more screen time in the next one. I knew that was Jubillee, but none of my friends believed me. I guess I'll have to shove it in their faces.