PDA

View Full Version : Interesting find at TRU

tagmac
07-24-2003, 07:53 PM
I stopped in my local TRU this evening, and right next to the usual 33/4" pegwarmers (still no sign of anything new), they finally had a section for the Unleashed figures - 4 pegs worth! They haven't had this since the initial Jango/Maul wave. Course, here's the part that I found interesting - the pegs were loaded with a few Mauls/Jangos, and a bunch of Anakin, Padme, and Vader! How long were THESE sitting in the back that they finally put them out! No Mace/Tyranus wave, no Vader/Leia wave, and definitely no Luke/Sidious/Obi-Wan wave! If THIS is what my TRU is gonna be carrying, maybe I will be able to find the Yoda/Kids and Han/Chewie waves sometime when Episode III comes out! :frus:

Making matters worse, the peg marked for the clones figures is no longer there, and now full of pegwarmers. The 12" is down to a row of the Zuckuss, Super Battle Droid, and Zam. There were still rows of Duros and Bespin guard, as well as the 25th anniversary two-packs clogging up space. Not much in the way of deluxe figures either. This was NOT a very encouraging sign tonight. :( :mad:

jedimarvin
07-24-2003, 08:03 PM
Funny that you mention that. I stopped at my local TRU tonight and made a brief stop by Star Wars on my way to G.I.Joe, when something caught my eye. Right next to the crap that has been sitting on the pegs for months and months were the Clone Wars droid army and destroyer droid launcher. And right beneath it was one CW Jedi Starfighter. It was strange, like they opened half a case of stuff and put it out just for the heck of it. I'm not interested in CW stuff but it was nice to see something new.

Afterwards I went to my local Target and among the same old dusty figures were a re****ue Han and Maul. There didn't seem to be any space for any other figures tho. I'm glad stuff is finally trickeling in but it really is trickling.

TheDarthVader
07-24-2003, 08:33 PM
Something crazy happened at my TRU. I was looking for new stuff when I noticed the pegs for figures (which were empty) were now filled with Ep2 speeders. What in the world? The only spots for figures now are three vertical rows filled with POTJ Ketwol, Duros, and Bespin Guard. What on earth!!??? :confused:

Tycho
07-24-2003, 11:45 PM
The re-issue Han and Maul (and Leia) ship with Wat Tambor, Padme Wedding, Yoda / Chian, Ashla-Jempa, Coleman Trebor, Aayla Secura, and Bariss.

You got to the store too late. Re-issue Han, Maul, Leia don't ship in any other case.

I went to my Toys R Us yesterday and got Luke Unleashed, left 3 more, and saw Obi-Wan, Sidious, and the Padme wave Unleashed. (never dound Leia yet).

I also got 2 battledroid 3 packs. Missed the Jedi and Clones I guess.

They had DD launchers. Those ship with the Jedi. Sucks I missed those.

What was there was actually found at 6pm.