PDA

View Full Version : Recieved the Imperial Dogfight Tie Fighter

plo koon 200
07-25-2003, 02:35 PM
I recieved my Tie Fighter today from KB's. There was a sticker on the bubble but was easily removed and the bubble was a tad bit smashed but not extremly serious. The packaging, overall, did not impress me. Who cares that the packaging is built around the wings. However, the packaging is a major improvemnt over the Tie Interceptor and Tie Bomber packaging.

As far as the toy goes I have not opened it. However, it looks awesome. Much better than the 95 version even though most of the tooling comes from that version. Overall, an excellent vehicle.

JangoFart
07-25-2003, 03:43 PM
I agree with the majority of that. I know the dude who runs the local KB and he gave me a call yesterday and said he just got 2 cases in. I went over there, opened the cases with him and walked out with the best one.

I do very much enjoy the packaging, however. I think it's neat, for lack of a better word, to have the box molded around the ship like that. Good presentation piece for we non-openers. I was also kinda surprised at just how small the box was. I was, for some reason, expecting it to be quite a bit bigger.

Great toy and it displays just as great.

J

plo koon 200
07-26-2003, 01:22 AM
I was also surprised at the size of the package. But I guess it is that size because the packaging is molded around the toy.

bobafrett
07-26-2003, 02:08 PM
Just imagine if they had done the same with Lukes x-wing that was at TRU!

I haven't seen the TIE fighter yet, but I did see a picture, and I must say as a non opener, I really like the way this one was packaged.

TheDarthVader
07-26-2003, 04:26 PM
I received mine today as well. Unfortunately, the sticker left residue on the bubble. I could clean it off, but I may just leave it alone.
This spacefighter is an excellent piece. It will go well with my TRU X-wing. (The only other vehicle I own). The tie fighter is a GREAT improvement over the 95 version. I love the way the box is hexagonal shaped around the wings. A fine, fine vehicle!! *ching ching* $29.99
;)

kool-aid killer
07-28-2003, 08:34 AM
I found it yesterday and i must say it does look cool in its packaging. I came across the last one too. Its an awesome looking ship (i never got the first version) and it doesnt take up a lot of space.

aceguide
07-28-2003, 08:57 AM
Has anyone openned it yet?

Mine is en route - so I have not yet seen it. I am curious how it looks out of the package.

kool-aid killer
07-28-2003, 09:45 AM
I havent opened mine but i believe jedipartnr has a review over it on the reviewing sub forum.

Emperor Howdy
08-02-2003, 04:22 AM
I received mine today as well. Unfortunately, the sticker left residue on the bubble. I could clean it off, but I may just leave it alone.
This spacefighter is an excellent piece. It will go well with my TRU X-wing. (The only other vehicle I own). The tie fighter is a GREAT improvement over the 95 version. I love the way the box is hexagonal shaped around the wings. A fine, fine vehicle!! *ching ching* $29.99
;)

DarthVader, a little toilet paper and GooGone (just a dab) will take that residue off no problem, without damage to the plastic. Works on the cards too. However...don't go crazy. Let it soak a second or two. I impatiently overscrubbed an Ep.1 card and took off a layer of black on Maul's head. :mad:

mtriv73
08-04-2003, 02:59 PM
I opened mine (you can't really see the new rear end unless you do.) I love it. It's nice to have a TIE that looks more authentic (though bigger sloar panels would have been a plus.) The only drawback is that it's not the same color as the TIE interceptor so you can't just switch out bodies without some repainting for an authentic TIE Int.

Hellboy
08-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Well I recieved mine the other day 1 to open and 1 to keep MIP.
I like the overall look and the retooled cockpit but the one thing that bothers me is the ship is just way to BLUE. It really stands out when next to the TIE-Bomber but other than that I like this vehicle.