PDA

View Full Version : How hard was it for you to find your figures - A travel back in time

Pages : 1 2 [3]

darthzirock
11-12-2003, 12:15 AM
9/02: #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot; #49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot; Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive); Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive); Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive); Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike; Deluxe Geonosian Warrior; Deluxe Anakin Skywalker; Republic Gunship; Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot (Kay Bee exclusive); Star Tours: WEG-1618 (Disney exclusive).

10/02: #45 Ephant Mon; Silver Anniversary R2-D2 (Toys R Us exclusive); Geonosian Battle Arena Playset.

Yeah, the Fett and Clone Pilot figures were pretty easy to find. The Cantina sets were frickin' everywhere around me! Every Wal-Mart had a gazillion of these things, from Forest City to Concord, from Hickory to Gaffney, SC. And all of those stores still have them, and they are still charging at least $7-$7.50, while my local WM is still getting the full $9.96 for figures in the Clearance Aisle! :mad: I wasn't impressed by these things and still don't own any--if they ever go below $4@, I might think about it. Found the Deluxe Clone Trooper at a Target. Passed on the deluxe Geonosian & Force-flipping Anakin. Passed on the Gunship, the KB Starfighter/Obi-Wan set, and never even tried for the Star Tours stuff.

I got my Silver R2 when I picked up some extra figures at TRU. You know when I finally got an Ephant Mon? This past summer, from a fellow collector! I simply never, ever saw one on the pegs, anywhere, period. Passed on the Arena playset--huge and out of my price range.

Jaff
11-12-2003, 01:00 AM
[QUOTE=tagmac]I ordered Jango and the Clone Pilot online as a set of three, along with Naboo Pilot Padme (missed another one there, Jaff QUOTE]

Check out post 490 for the August assortment. Although Padme came out in full force with the Jango assortment a few of them were slipping out before then.

So how many silver R2's you got anyways. Spread the love, and R2's people! :cool:

LusiferSam
11-12-2003, 02:30 PM
The Cantina bar sets I picked up right away at Wal-Mart, were very easy to find. I found the Jango pilot around the same time at the same place. The Deluxe figures I pick up at Target. The speeder bike in November and Anakin and the Geonosian in late December. The Gunship I got in late September, but wouldn't see the pilots until early January. Got both at Wal-Mart. The Arena Playset I also got at Wal-Mart and in October.
I skipped the Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan pilot, the WEG-1618 and silver thing. Reasons: already had a Jedi fighter, same as other Star Tours items, and lame figure. Ephant Mon I still have not seen in stores or gotten.

Kidhuman
11-12-2003, 02:57 PM
#47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
#49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot
Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike
Deluxe Geonosian Warrior
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker
Republic Gunship
Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot (Kay Bee exclusive)
Star Tours: WEG-1618 (Disney exclusive)

10/02
#45 Ephant Mon
Silver Anniversary R2-D2 (Toys R Us exclusive)
Geonosian Battle Arena Playset

Got Jango and the pilot easily. Got Greedo for X-mas and didnt get the rest, no interest. Never got any of the deluxes. Never saw the Clone(the only one I wanted.) Ephant Mon I got in a trade with BigB. Didnt get the rest of the stuff.

tagmac
11-12-2003, 06:12 PM
[QUOTE=tagmac]I ordered Jango and the Clone Pilot online as a set of three, along with Naboo Pilot Padme (missed another one there, Jaff QUOTE]

Check out post 490 for the August assortment. Although Padme came out in full force with the Jango assortment a few of them were slipping out before then.

So how many silver R2's you got anyways. Spread the love, and R2's people! :cool:

OOPS....my bad. Disregard my previous post. I should have checked back that time.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-12-2003, 09:01 PM
9/02 - #47 Jango Fett Slave I Pilot
#49 Clone Trooper Gunship Pilot
Cantina bar set with Greedo (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Ponda Baba (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Cantina bar set with Hammerhead (Wal-Mart exclusive)
Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speeder Bike
Deluxe Geonosian Warrior
Deluxe Anakin Skywalker
Republic Gunship
Jedi Starfighter with Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot (Kay Bee exclusive)
Star Tours: WEG-1618 (Disney exclusive)

10/02 - #45 Ephant Mon
Silver Anniversary R2-D2 (Toys R Us exclusive)
Geonosian Battle Arena Playset

Found Jango Pilot a few days before Christmas. Have seen tons of him and Padme Coruscant hanging around everywhere. TRU sent them back I was told, and now there are a bunch of them hanging there again!

Found Deluxe Anakin and Geonosian on 11/8 at Target. Didn't think about getting the Gunship until the Clone Pilots came out, but then I couldn't find one. Same thing with the Arena Playset. I did get a Clone Wars version of the Gunship though.

I hadn't bought the Jedi Starfighter so I considered getting the KB one with Obi, but I wasn't sure if there were any other differences. I never went back to get it. I still don't have a red Jedi starfighter, though yesterday I bought the new Clone Wars one.

Found Momaw and Ponda on 10/19, Greedo on 11/8. Those hung around for a long time with Jango and Padme.

It's possible I saw a Deluxe Clone Trooper, but overlooked it thinking it was one of the accessory sets. I got the Clone Wars version recently though.

I never asked about the Silver R2 figure. I don't know if the TRU here had it.

I've still never seen Ephant Mon. I probably saw the remnants of the case though. Very frustrating.

Jaff
11-13-2003, 09:26 AM
It's the beginning of 2003, and although figures from 2002 were plentiful, the 2003 figs were analogous to a myth as collecting was concerned. Nobody knew it in January but Retailers were at odds with Hasbro thanks to the Ephant Mon, Jango Pilot cases. Overproduced and poorly packed, the cases just clogged shelves, and for some reason the Saga figs did not sell as well as all the other previous Star Wars lines. With quality control and marketing an issues stores stopped buying alltogether making it clear to Hasbro that a change was required. The collectors were stuck in the middle having to sit it out or order from dealers like Brian's $20 a figure toys!

11/02
Holiday Edition Two Pack: C-3PO and R2-D2

12/02
#48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle
#53 Yoda Jedi High Council
#54 Rebel Trooper (new head sculpt)
Imperial Officer (New head sculpt)
Eeth Koth
Teebo
A New Hope Trash Compactor set with Luke and Han (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
A New Hope Trash Compactor set with Leia and Chewbacca (Wal-Mart Exclusive)

1/03
#1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle
#3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape
#4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase)
#5/03 SP4 and JN66
#6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush
Speeder Bike with Anakin
Speeder Bike with Dooku

In theaters the Recruit and Just Married is the top films, and in the news Steven Seagal is placing a humorous Law suit against the German mafia stating that they are allegedly threatening to ruin his reputation. Kind of hard since his reputation is less than stellar anyways!

Jaff
11-13-2003, 09:39 AM
11/02

The Holiday set I was not sure about. I never saw it on the shelves, but did not want it in the first place. My wife called me one night saying she had one in her hands and I told her to pass on it. Today I don't know whether I regret that or approve of that. That Must mean I don't care about the figure!

12/02
Eeth Koth
Teebo

The Destroyer Droid wave with Yoda and the Reissues were ignored by me. I did buy one Destroyer Droid since it had the proper sculpt, but the legs were not as good as the old version. Oh well, Hasbro seems to have problems getting figs perfectly. Anyways this wave was all unnecessary rehashes and therefore I was not interested.

1/03
#5/03 SP4 and JN66
Speeder Bike with Anakin
Speeder Bike with Dooku

These were all ridiculously hard to find. The Obi-Wand and Dooku I saw on shelves twice this year. The first time was May 2003 on a trip to Nashville. I stopped at every Wal-Mart, Target, and Meijer on the way there. Which was about 15 stores, and only one Wal-Mart had these figures (they were in the Boba wave). The Padme, SP and JN droids I never saw on the shelves. I knew a comic book store in Nashville during my trip in May and stopped by his store. The comic store owner hires a guy to hunt for figures, buy them from stores and then trades them for comics, then sells them for a profit. As much as I hate that I bought the Padme wave from him for fear of never seeing it again. Thank God I did that. I would see the Tusken one time on a shelf on the way back from Nashville. I bought him so I would have 2 Tuskens this was a sweet figure.

The Speeder Bikes were equally annoying. The Anakin Bike was an easy find in Toledo during my May travels at a Target. It seemed that these bikes were exclusively at Target. Did anyone find these at a different store, other than Target! Anyways the Dooku bike I never saw on shelves. Instead in August a few months ago I ordered the bike for $25 through Cloud City.

darthzirock
11-13-2003, 12:24 PM
11/02: Holiday Edition Two Pack: C-3PO and R2-D2

Saw this on the shelves at Wal-Mart a couple of times and really, really just didn't care for it at all. Passed on it & have never regretted it.

12/02: #48 Destroyer Droid Geonosis Battle; #53 Yoda Jedi High Council; #54 Rebel Trooper (new head sculpt); Imperial Officer (New head sculpt); Eeth Koth; Teebo; A New Hope Trash Compactor set with Luke and Han (Wal-Mart Exclusive); A New Hope Trash Compactor set with Leia and Chewbacca (Wal-Mart Exclusive).

Okay, some of these were pretty hard to find. The Destroyer Droid was plentiful at first, got snapped up quickly by collectors in my area, then was a tough find until mid-January. Yoda was scarce at first, which made no sense considering what an awful rehash it was--but I bought one anyway because I wanted the lightsaber that came with it and the first Saga Yoda was even harder to find at that time! Passed on the Imp, Rebel, and Eeth re-releases, but picked up Teebo to use as a custom base figure. Held off on the Trash Compactor sets for a few months, until WM finally put them on clearance at $7 each!

1/03: #1/03 Obi Wan Kenobi Acklay Battle; #3/03 Darth Tyranus Geonosian Escape; #4/03 Padme Amidala (Droid Factory Chase); #5/03 SP4 and JN66; #6/03 Tusken Raider Tatooine Camp Ambush; Speeder Bike with Anakin; Speeder Bike with Dooku.

Yeah, there was no love for this wave at retail, that's for sure! It took me months to finally find all of these! The basic figures were literally catch-as-catch-can, picked up whenever and wherever I'd finally see one. The Speeder Bikes I finally saw in late Spring/early Summer at TRU--never saw them at Target. I noticed that a lot of the Anakin/Swoop sets had broken footposts, because the footpost was packed right up next to the clear plastic of the windowboxes. I even found a few Dooku/Speeder boxes that had holes punched in them from the Anakin/Swoop boxes' footposts! Eventually, I found good boxes for both sets, but ended up opening them anyway--however, I store them in the boxes, after adding a bit of padding to the end of the Swoop's footpost.

Kidhuman
11-13-2003, 01:53 PM
11/02

Found with ease. Couldnt pass it up.

12/02
Eeth Koth
Teebo

Ok, I found Yoda real quick like in January and the destroyer droid also. I finally found the rebeland Imp. troopers 2 months ago. I passed on the rebel and got the Imperial since he was a different head sculpt. Teebo and Eeth Koth I saw last month. I didnt have money for them so I had to pass. Didnt bother me too much since they are re-packs. Passed on the trash sets.

1/03
#5/03 SP4 and JN66
Speeder Bike with Anakin
Speeder Bike with Dooku

Finally felt like I hit the Jackpot on these. Found them at the end of September. I have them all in my huse or on Lay-A-way right now. They only ones I didnt find were the speeders. I have not seen one speeder deluxe since they were released. That really irks me since I love speeder bikes, and they are about the only deluxes I will buy.

tagmac
11-13-2003, 05:14 PM
I bought all the figures online, except Teebo and Eeth Koth, whom I already had. Saw Yoda and Droideka a couple times in stores after that, but didn't see any of the others at retail until about 2 months ago. I still haven't seen a Tusken or the Droids at retail.

The Trash Compactor sets I got from my usual dealer, who was nice enough to hold it for me when he finally got one in. Didn't overcharge me too much either. This, too, I never saw at retail.

I never found the Christmas C-3PO and R2-D2, and was mildly disappointed, but considering I've hardly made an effort to buy the current Yoda, I guess it's not that big a deal to me.

The speeders I avoided altogether. With money and space being a concern, I'm becoming less of a completist with rehashed figures. Not that I've ever found these at retail, but even online I'm just not interested.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-13-2003, 08:53 PM
Found the Trash sets and a Destroyer at the end of December at TRU. Got another Destroyer at the end of March at Wal-Mart along with Yoda. A week earlier in March I found the Speeder bikes at Target. Only place I saw them. Basically a drought on the new stuff until May. I found Tyranus and Obi at K-Mart on 5/12. Pretty much everything else this year has been Target. Imp officer on 5/20, Padme and the Droids on 5/28, and Rebel Trooper, Eeth Koth, Teebo and Tusken on 8/23. I also have an extra Tusken and Rebel Trooper and two extra Imperials.

I probably could have passed on some of the rehashes, but since they started numbering the figures, it feels like there is a hole in my collection if I don't get them.

LusiferSam
11-14-2003, 02:41 PM
Ok, I skipped the Holiday thing, but I did see them. Yoda (please don't ask) and the Destroyer Droid I picked at Wal-Mart, early January I think. I've seen the new heads for the rebel trooper and imp but so far have skipped. I haven't seen Eeth Koth or Teebo on Saga cards, but I got them on POTJ cards so I'll skip them. Never saw the Trash Compactors. Obi-Wan, Count Dooku and the Speeder bikes I got at Target in February. Six months later without finding anything new I got Padme, the droids and the other thing (I don't think mine deserves a name) at Target in September.

Jaff
11-14-2003, 08:07 PM
Wel it's March, and if your allready frustrated that you can't find the Padme wave it gets allot worse. First of all Hasbro decides to release the Shuttle Tyderium as a FAO Schwarz exclusive. With a price tag over $100 many people are skipping this monstrosity. I wasn't one of them. They also released a new dealer exclusive Sandtrooper set with different color pauldrons. The New Anakin wave was perhaps the most common 2003 wave however the Lama Su wave was not. Almost nowhere collectors were having a hard time finding the coveted jedi's in super pose. 2 new deluxe figures were released, but were equally rare to the Secura wave.

February 2003
Sandtrooper army builder set (dealer exclusive)
Shuttle Tyderium (F.A.O. Schwarz exclusive)

March 2003
#2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation
#7/03 Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony
#8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon
#9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight
#10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy
#11/03 Aalya Secura Twi'lek Jedi Knight
#12/03 Baris Offee Luminara Unduli's Padawan
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying

In theaters audiences were grossed out by aliens coming out of people's butts in Dreamcatcher. A View From the Top did better than Dreamcatcer whle Bringing Down the House was raking in the cash.

Jaff
11-14-2003, 08:14 PM
February 2003

March 2003
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying

O.K. the Shuttle Tyderium I ordered immediately because I never had a shuttle in the vintage line and I was drooling. I spent over $120, but I don't regret it. The Sandtrooper I never got. It is on y top list for Christmas this year. I want this Sandtrooper set. The Mace Windu wave was junk in my book. I saw them several times, and broke down to buy Boba and Anakin. The Mace was laughable, and the R2 was nothing more than a Christmas ornament. I got these when I went on my trip to Nashville at a Wal-Mart on the border of Ohio and New York. The Lama Su wave I never saw on shelves. I bought all of these figs at a comic store in Nashville from a dealer who I did a comic show with back in the Scene 70 days. Although the figs were dissappointing due to their unleashed sculpts I was grateful to get them. I guess Lama was my favorite fig in this entire March list even though he doesn't move much. The deluxe figs I never saw, even TODAY!

Kidhuman
11-14-2003, 09:06 PM
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying

Passed on the Deluxes. Have Mace, and Anakin on Lay-a-way. Have Lama Su. Never saw Boba Fett, Aalya Baris or R2.

Had no interest in the Shuttle or Army builder sets.

LusiferSam
11-14-2003, 10:15 PM
The only thing I've found from this wave is Lama Su at Target in September.

darthzirock
11-14-2003, 11:31 PM
2/2003: Sandtrooper army builder set (dealer exclusive); Shuttle Tyderium (F.A.O. Schwarz exclusive).
Had no interest in either of these, therefore I never sought them out.

3/2003: #2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation; #7/03 Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony; #8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon; #9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight; #10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy; #11/03 Aalya Secura Twi'lek Jedi Knight; #12/03 Baris Offee Luminara Unduli's Padawan; Deluxe Jango Fett Flying; Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying.
Slowly, methodically, and with a growing sense of anger and frustration, I hunted the basic figures and finally got all of them by just this past October! R2 and Lama Su were the easiest to find. Anakin, Aayla Secura, and Mace Windu were spread out from late Spring to late Summer. Finally, in September I found both Baris Offee and Boba Fett. The Fett was the only one they had at Wal-Mart, it was on a smashed card, and after opening it I became convinced that the flames/figure stand was damaged--until other collectors confirmed that the stand was pretty much a useless piece of garbage that tended to topple over at the slightest vibration! :mad: I utterly fell in love with the Aayla Secura figure, despite its "Unleashed" posing and incongruous Force lightning accessory. I now have about seven of her (two carded, five opened), and I'm planning at least two customs of her (one will be a Clone Wars-style figure with battle armor and accessories). I never, ever saw the two Deluxes at retail, and don't know anybody in the greater Charlotte/Gastonia, NC-area that saw them, either. I've heard at least two comic book stores in the area got them in and wanted like $20 each.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-15-2003, 01:42 AM
February 2003

March 2003
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying

Haven't got the Sandtrooper set, or any of the army building sets yet. The closest FAO is about 100 miles away in Seattle, and I'm not ready to spend that much on one item. Plus, it will be another big item that will take up a lot of space. I've never seen these two Deluxe ones yet either.

The rest of the figures I found at Target. The first were Lama Su and Barriss Offee in late May. On my birthday in June, I found Aayla (as well as an Imp officer, Yoda & Chian, and Ashla & Jempa). R2 I found in late August. Boba and Anakin on the first of September and Mace a few days later. Some of these I found at a Target about a half hour further away then the Target I normally go to. Otherwise, I might not have found many this year. Right now, there are some Lama Su's at the local Target.

I forgot to mention in the last post about the Holiday R2 and 3PO. I saw them shortly before Christmas at Wal-Mart, but passed on them. I think I had already spent too much that day, and figured I didn't need them since it wasn't from a movie or even books or comics. But later, I figured it would be a good Christmas decoration. The next time I went to Wal-Mart, there were none left. Now that I have ordered the Holiday Yoda, I will probably try to get R2 and 3PO now.

tagmac
11-15-2003, 02:21 AM
I bought all the regular figures online nearly a year ago. I didn't actually see them on the shelves, though, til the end of July. As for the deluxe figs, I passed up on ordering them online, as the money wasn't worth spending for yet another Jango, and Obi-Wan with wet hair, but a stupid tube in his back. I never did see them at retail here, but I did find one of each in a collectibles shop in Switzerland when I was on vacation in August. They were over $20 each in US dollars, so I still didn't bother, although I have to admit, the Obi-Wan figure didn't look that bad.

I also skipped the Sandtrooper set, and Shuttle Tyderium. I'd actually pre-ordered the shuttle last December, but after several delays, coupled with the realization that I really couldn't afford to spend $130 for something I barely had room for (and with no exclusive figures or electronic features to better justify the price), I finally called to cancel my order before it was too late. To this day, I've decided to just forget about it.

Jaff
11-17-2003, 11:39 PM
May is here, and it is now the worst Star Wars drought in the history of the line. Distribution is at it's lowest and most of us are gritting our teeth. If your hopping that things are getting better, hope some more, becuause it's not happening. The Ashla, and Yoda figs are loathsomely hard. The Han in Hoth would soon be easy, but for now it is very difficult to get. Something more difficult would be the Commerce Guild Spider Droid, and lets not forget Geog Sacul!

April 2003
#13/03 Han Solo Hoth Gear
#14/03 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt
Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid
Deluxe Destroyer Droid

May 2003
#15/03 Yoda and Chian
#16/03 Ashla and Jempa
Commander Georg Sacul (Toy Show Exclusive)
Imperial Forces Four Pack (Toys R' Us Exclusive)

In theaters X Men United was smashing into the box office. Identity was confusing audiences while It Runs in the family was loosing luster fast. New on video was Catch Me if you Can.

Jaff
11-17-2003, 11:43 PM
April 2003
Deluxe Destroyer Droid

May 2003
#15/03 Yoda and Chian
#16/03 Ashla and Jempa

Han and Chewie I ordered immediately with my Imperial Shuttle. The commerce guild droid was very difficult. I just got it a month ago through Cloud City at a fair price. Yoda and Chian and Ashla and Jempa were impossible. Finally I paid $15 each through a dealer, and it was money well spent. Never saw any of these on the shelves. The Imperial forces four pack was the opposite as even today I can get them with ease at Toys R Us. The Georg Sacul bored me, and I held no interest. The same goes for the Destroyer droid.

TheDarthVader
11-18-2003, 12:52 AM
Allow me to comment on some older ones:

March 2003
#2/03 Mace Windu Arena Confrontation--have only seen one at retail and bought it
#7/03 Anakin Skywalker Secret Ceremony--took patience but finally found it
#8/03 Boba Fett Pit of Carkoon--patience...then found both versions blue and green suit
#9/03 R2-D2 Droid Factory Flight--patience, easy find
#10/03 Lama Su with Clone Boy--at first very hard but then patience kicked in and I found him at retail
#11/03 Aalya Secura Twi'lek Jedi Knight--see lama su comment
#12/03 Baris Offee Luminara Unduli's Padawan--see lama su comment
Deluxe Jango Fett Flying--have never seen at retail--dont collect it anyway
Deluxe Obi-Wan Kenobi Flying--see deluxe jango comment
April 2003
#13/03 Han Solo Hoth Gear--patience, then easy
#14/03 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt--patience then kind of hard
Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid--saw one, didnt want it, have never seen another one
Deluxe Destroyer Droid--not interested in collecting this

May 2003
#15/03 Yoda and Chian--patience, then easy
#16/03 Ashla and Jempa--patience then easy
Commander Georg Sacul (Toy Show Exclusive)--very hard, had to buy one off ebay. I love this figure. cant believe we have a lucas figure!!
Imperial Forces Four Pack (Toys R' Us Exclusive)--easy find once they were put out. cool set because of the DARTH VADER it includes :D

darthzirock
11-18-2003, 01:56 AM
April 2003: #13/03 Han Solo Hoth Gear; #14/03 Chewbacca Mynock Hunt; Deluxe Commerce Guild Spider Droid; Deluxe Destroyer Droid.
May 2003: #15/03 Yoda and Chian; #16/03 Ashla and Jempa; Commander Georg Sacul (Toy Show Exclusive); Imperial Forces Four Pack (Toys 'R' Us Exclusive).

Oy vey, but it was a tough hunt for these waves! However, I slowly and meticulously acquired every single one of the Saga basic figures, with the Hoth Han and Chewie both on smashed cards. I never saw the Spider Droid (but wasn't interested in it, anyway) and passed on the Deluxe Destroyer Droid. Had no interest in plunking down a small fortune for a figure of a fat, bearded, gray-haired, has-been pilot! Got the Imperial Forces set at my local TRU and was really thrilled with the redeco'd Vader! It's a far nicer figure than the Saga Bespin Vader or Throne Room Duel Vader.

LusiferSam
11-18-2003, 10:50 PM
I have yet to see any of them or buy any of them.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-19-2003, 02:11 AM
April 2003
Deluxe Destroyer Droid

May 2003
#15/03 Yoda and Chian
#16/03 Ashla and Jempa

Didn't find Han and Chewie until 9/1 at Target, but found Yoda & Chian and Ashla & Jempa on 6/16, also at Target. Haven't seen the spider droid. Didn't get Mr. Sacul. Got the Imperial Forces set on 7/2. Which Destroyer Droid is this? The only deluxe destroyer droid I'm aware of is the Clone Wars one with the destroyer droid launcher.

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 10:09 AM
Deluxe Destroyer Droid

May 2003
#15/03 Yoda and Chian
#16/03 Ashla and Jempa

Found Han aboout 2 months ago. Havent seen Chewie or Yoda and Chian. Ashla and Jempa are onlay a way found em yesterday along with the Faytonii wave and CW wave 2. No interest in the rest.

Jaff
11-19-2003, 11:53 AM
Although Hasbro is not selling their product to us (because it's not at retail in June), they begin making a record breaking release lists. In June alone 14 new items were released, not including the 12" Leia in Speederbike. In the following months 10 new items were the standard for items released with the exception of two months. Although this was puzzling for many of us, it must have also been puzzling for retailers since their shelves were devoid of new stuff. Also introduced this month was the new packaging with the introduction of Luke and Darth statue figures. The clone wars was also new, and even though it was common at first in many retailers, the three packs soon became rare with exception to the Destroyer Droid Launcher. An interesting note was the Clone Trooper sets that came with these sets. Initially introduced with a clear version of troopers it was soon discovered that different colored clone sets began popping up over the next few months. The Jedi three pack was extremely hard to find, and only packed one to a case. A new TIE Fighter was at Kay Bee and was one of the easiest 2003 piece to find showing that Kay Bee knew how to manage their exclusives with Hasbro. Dealers also recieved a Rebel Trooper Army builder set, and not too much excitement was made over these.

June 2003
#17/03 Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel
#18/03 Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
#19/03 Snowtrooper
#20/03 Jango Fett Kamino Escape (rerelease)
#21/03 C-3PO with Removable Limbs (rerelease)
Destroyer Droid Launcher
Clone Trooper three pack (plain)
Clone Trooper three pack (Green)
Clone Trooper three pack (Blue)
Clone Trooper three pack (Yellow)
Arena Droids Set with Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid and Super Battle Droid
Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter
TIE Fighter with pilot (Kay Bee Exclusive)
Rebel Trooper Builder Set (Dealer Exclusive)

Disney's Finding Nemo swims into theaters wth the Italian Job while Bruce Almighty and Matrix Reloadd commands the top two spots in film grosses. New to video is the Animatrix to tie in with the Enter the Matrix game. Obviously someone out there is trying their best to cash in on the Matrix while they can. In television everyone is watching Joe Millionare for some reason, while Staind and Deftones command the music charts.

Jaff
11-19-2003, 12:00 PM
June 2003
#17/03 Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel
#18/03 Darth Vader Throne Room Duel
#19/03 Snowtrooper
#20/03 Jango Fett Kamino Escape (rerelease)
#21/03 C-3PO with Removable Limbs (rerelease)
Destroyer Droid Launcher
Clone Trooper three pack (plain)
Clone Trooper three pack (Green)
Clone Trooper three pack (Blue)
Clone Trooper three pack (Yellow)
Arena Droids Set with Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid and Super Battle Droid
Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter
TIE Fighter with pilot (Kay Bee Exclusive)
Rebel Trooper Builder Set (Dealer Exclusive)

The Luke, Darth and Snowtrooper I actually found with ease but I pased on the Darth and Luke because of their low quality. The Snowtrooper I bought, but wished I didn't because without his Tri-Pod the figure looks terrible. The rereleases I passed on too. One thing that really bugged me was that I found all of the Clone Wars three packs with ease. At first I thought they were stupid. I ignored the Destroyer Droid and the Arena Droids set, and I found every color of Clonetrooper to date. I passed on all of them though! Later I regreted it and wanted to get them all even though they couldn't move. Now that I'm hunting for them I can't find them. Oh well, they are on my Christmas list, but if I don't get them it's no big deal since the super articulated clone trooper is comming. The Starfighter I ignored as the Rebel Trooper Builder set. The TIE I passed on too. Even though the back was finally sculpted properly I did not want to waste money for such a detail. The old one is good enough for me.

LusiferSam
11-19-2003, 02:25 PM
Again I haven't seen or bought any of them. I'll skip the re-releases and the Rebel army builder set. I'm not sure about the Droid or Clone three packs. And I'll most likely skip the Clone Wars fighter.

Kidhuman
11-19-2003, 03:15 PM
Have not seen any of those. Will get them all but Jango since I missed 3P0 on first go around. Dont want the vehicles or army set.

tagmac
11-19-2003, 04:46 PM
I found Yoda & the Jedi kids and Mynock Chewie at Target, and picked up Han from a dealer. The Imperial Forces 4-pack I bought mainly for the AT-ST Driver and the droid. Never found a Georg Sacul for less than $100, so I didn't bother. Didn't want the Commerce Droid or Spider Droid either.

Also found Luke, Vader, and the Snowtrooper in Target, but passed on the rehashes. I bought the white, green, and blue clone packs from a dealer, and since only found the white and blue at retail (both in KB, so I didn't overpay by too much). Never found the Yellow 3-pack (but don't need it now that I got a yellow clone in a value pack). I had no desire to get the Destroyer Droid launcer or the droid 3-pack. Didn't buy any of the vehicles either, nor the Rebel Troop builder set.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Got Luke, Darth, Snowtrooper and C-3PO at Target in middle of July, and Jango a couple days later. Got the Destroyer Droid Launcher along with Blue Clones and Droid Army on 8/1 at TRU. Found Green Clones there on 9/1 and Yellow Clones at Target on 9/17. The Jedi Army I got at Target on 8/21. I passed on the Jedi Starfighter but eventually got it a couple weeks ago. Never saw plain clones. No KB in my town anymore, but did see the TIE at a KB in a town about 30 miles south of here. Did not get it as I was already buying some LOTR figures. Haven't got the Rebel Troopers.

There are tons of the Destroyer Droid Launchers warming the pegs. They must have packed too many of those in the case and not enough of the other stuff. I did see the Droid Army again today at Target though.

darthzirock
11-19-2003, 11:50 PM
June 2003: #17/03 Luke Skywalker Throne Room Duel; #18/03 Darth Vader Throne Room Duel; #19/03 Snowtrooper; #20/03 Jango Fett Kamino Escape (rerelease); #21/03 C-3PO with Removable Limbs (rerelease); Destroyer Droid Launcher; Clone Trooper three pack (plain); Clone Trooper three pack (Green); Clone Trooper three pack (Blue); Clone Trooper three pack (Yellow); Arena Droids Set with Battle Droid, Destroyer Droid and Super Battle Droid; Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter; TIE Fighter with pilot (Kay Bee Exclusive); Rebel Trooper Builder Set (Dealer Exclusive).

I didn't see the basic, single-carded figures in this wave until early October! Got Savage Luke, Saber-Throwin' Vader, and the Snowtrooper all on severely dented cards at Wally World. Never saw the re-released Fett or 3PO, but I'd have passed on those, anyway. Passed on the Clone Wars multi-packs of droids and clones, as well as the Rebel Trooper pack, as I'm not an army-builder. Passed on the ships, as I never get those.

Yes, this was a very dark time for collectors. This was when I started getting multiples of figures that were $3 at KB for customizing purposes, and did my Count Dooku and President Palpatine customs that are currently featured in the Clone Wars Casting Call at FFURG (http://www.ffurg.com/casting_call/cc-42.htm). I also racked up six Aayla Secura figures, as I was getting one whenever I saw her! I have at least two customs of her planned, starting with a Clone Wars version. (I'm getting worried that she's not going to survive the Clone Wars, as her character still isn't listed in the E3 Databank at the official Star Wars site!)

Jaff
11-21-2003, 06:37 PM
While Tomb Raider and Pirates of the Caribbean were in theaters in July, we were rolling our eyes over how impossible it seemed to find new figures. Next up was the ever annoying Coleman Trebor Wave and new common Clone Trooper vehicles. Also introduced was the most Common Toys R Us Ultimate Bounty 4-Pack, and new Star Tours stuff.

7/03 - #22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony
#23/03 Wat Tambor
#24/03 Coleman Trebor
#25/03 Darth Maul Theed Hanger (rerelease)
#26/03 Princess Leia Organa Imperial Captive (Rerelease)
#27/03 Han Solo Flight to Alderan (Rerelease)
Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter (rerelease)
Clone Wars: Republic Gunship (rerelease)
Clone Wars: Armored Assault Tank (rerelease)
Ultimate Bounty 4-Pack (Toys R Us Exclusive)
Star Tours: G2-9T (Disney exclusive)
Star Tours: R5-D2 (Disney exclusive)
Star Tours: SK-Z38 (Disney exclusive)

Jaff
11-21-2003, 06:45 PM
Do you want to read something funny. Three days ago at Wal-Mart was the first time I have ever seen the Wat Tambor Wave on Shelves. To date I have never seen the Padme Secret Ceremony on shelves. Thanks to The DARTH VADER I got Padme last month! This wave was a complete joke distribution wise, and thanks to the WA-7 wave we should be able to find Coleman and Wat, but not Padme.

#23/03 Wat Tambor
#24/03 Coleman Trebor

The Reisues I passed on, which I saw now and then on shelves. The Clone Wars vehicles I ignored. These were easy to find as well! The Star Tours I did not care about, and the Ultimate Bounty 4-pack was easy to find, but I passed on that. It was just reissues, and I'm not prone to buying such things. However for several months I coveted Wat, Coleman, and Padme. Finally last month I got them through mail sources. Thank god, these were really nice figs!

Mad Slanted Powers
11-21-2003, 08:30 PM
Found the Imperial Forces on 7/2. Had to have it for the R4 unit. Found Coleman, Han, Leia and Maul at Target on 7/9. Found Wat and Padme at Target on 7/23. Got the gunship at TRU on 8/11. Passed on the AAT and haven't got any Star Tours yet. Is this Jedi Starfighter the same one you mentioned in the previous post, or is it Anakin's? I think I saw Anakin's once but didn't get it. Haven't seen it since.

tagmac
11-21-2003, 09:25 PM
I got Coleman and Wat Tambor from Kebco a couple weeks ago. Fearing it wouldn't be in the case, I won a Padme figure on ebay back in August - which the idiot sent me loose after advertising MIC. Thankfully I'm an opener and the fig was in good shape, but on principl I complained to the guy. He practically begged me not to give negative feedback, although to this point I haven't left ANY. Anyway, not surprisingly, I've found the first two figures several times at retail lately, and even found 2 Padmes at KB last month.

I passed on all the rehashes, vehicles, and the 4-pack. The only Star Tours figure I got was R5-D2, which I ordered online simply cuz it was the closest thing to a decent R5-D4, and actually did appear briefly in ANH.

Jaff
11-21-2003, 09:48 PM
OOPS, sorry guys the Jedi Starfighter is the same one released in June. Thanks Posty!

Kidhuman
11-22-2003, 12:23 AM
Got Coleman, Wat and Padme on lay a away, found them 3 days ago. Left the reissues there as I didnt want em. Passed on vehicles and star tours. Didnt want the 4 pack either

darthzirock
11-22-2003, 02:52 AM
7/03: #22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony; #23/03 Wat Tambor; #24/03 Coleman Trebor; #25/03 Darth Maul Theed Hanger (rerelease); #26/03 Princess Leia Organa Imperial Captive (Rerelease); #27/03 Han Solo Flight to Alderan (Rerelease); Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter (rerelease); Clone Wars: Republic Gunship (rerelease); Clone Wars: Armored Assault Tank (rerelease); Ultimate Bounty 4-Pack (Toys R Us Exclusive); Star Tours: G2-9T (Disney exclusive); Star Tours: R5-D2 (Disney exclusive); Star Tours: SK-Z38 (Disney exclusive).

This was the first Saga wave which I have never seen all the basic figures! I picked up Padme, Wat, and Coleman on badly damaged cards at Wal-Mart in July. Found Leia and Maul in early August. Only just recently have I found the Han re-release. Passed on all the vehicles and Disney stuff. Got the Ultimate Bounty 4-pack on September 10, which was the first time I saw it at my local TRU. I really liked Aurra Sing's Swoop, but I'm now planning on using the IG-88 from that set to make myself an IG-Lancer custom figure.

Jaff
11-23-2003, 05:05 AM
In August there was a very small list of items released, which was good, seeing how many of us still could not catch up, or find what was previously released. The new Screen Scene sets were very nice, and gratefully easier to find than some of the preious Cinema Scene assortments from POTF. Also released was the Target exclusive A-Wing which in itself was quite rare.

8/03
Jedi Council three pack #1 with Count Dooku, Poggle the Lesser and San Hill
Geonosian War Room three pack #1 with Oppo Rancisis, Mace Windu, and Even Piell
A-Wing Fighter with Pilot (Target Exclusive)

In theaters S.W.A.T. was trying to impress everyone while American Wedding was pushing the point that SEX does sell! New to video was the Hunted and Head of State, and in the news Mike Tyson who was once worth $300 million bucks has now filed for bankruptcy! If he hadn't been punched in the head so many times maybe he would have managed his finances better!

Jaff
11-23-2003, 05:16 AM
8/03

The Screen Scenes were the first items I happily found on the shelves in 2003. I got them during their initial release and found them on the shelves at Toys R Us. After this find I then began to see the Han Hoth wave on shelves for the first time! The A-Wing I have yet to see, and I'm not sure if I care to see it since it's a rehash vehicle with a rehash figure!

LusiferSam
11-23-2003, 01:46 PM
#23/03 Wat Tambor
#24/03 Coleman Trebor

Of this I have not seen or bought any. But there's only three maybe four items I'd get. I'll skip the rereleased items and Star Tours stuff. So that leaves Padme, Wat Tambor, Coleman Trebor and maybe the Bounty Hunters.

Jedi Council three pack #1 with Oppo Rancisis, Mace Windu, and Even Piell
Geonosian War Room three pack #1 with Count Dooku, Poggle the Lesser and San Hill

I've seen the three packs at Target, but have passed on them for the time being (it's likely the only time I'll them). And I haven't seen the A-Wing. Have yet to decide on it.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-24-2003, 02:17 AM
8/03

Found the 3-packs at Target on 8/4. Saw them at TRU also, and still am seeing them or the second sets at Target now. I really like these 3-packs. I'd like to see more scences like these done.

Found the A-Wing at a different Target than I normally go to. Almost didn't recognize it at first. The packaging seemed different, but it was probably because of the window box and that I was looking down from the top.

darthzirock
11-24-2003, 02:26 AM
8/03: Jedi Council three pack #1 with Count Dooku, Poggle the Lesser and San Hill; Geonosian War Room three pack #1 with Oppo Rancisis, Mace Windu, and Even Piell; A-Wing Fighter with Pilot (Target Exclusive).

I've passed on all of this stuff in order to concentrate on the basic, single-carded figures. Besides, I've never even seen the A-Wing. TRU and Target still have plenty of the Scene Packs, anyway, so I can still pick them up fairly easily at this point. I'm hoping they might get stuck with a few sets and drop the prices, because $21.99 (TRU) and $19.99 (Target) is just too bloody high for these things!

tagmac
11-24-2003, 06:20 PM
I found both screen scenes pretty quickly at TRU. Having bought the first A-Wing, I skipped out on the new one.

Jaff
11-25-2003, 08:50 AM
Well we are down to the wire. It is now September 2003, and there is only two more postings for me to put onto this thread. September was full of products. Hasbro decided to release 14 new products in less than 30 days to make sure it was impossible for us to get everything. But don't worry October would be just as bad!

9/03
#28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid
#29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine
#31/03 Luke Skywalker Tatooine Encounter
#32/03 Darth Vader Death Star Clash
#42/03 Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker
#43/03 Clone Wars: ARC Trooper
#44/03 Clone Wars: Yoda
Geonosian Fighter
Hailfire Droid
Jedi Council three pack #2 with Yaddle, Yarael Poof, and Depa Billaba
Geonosian War Room three pack #2 with Nute Gunray, Shu Mai, and Passel Argente
The Battle of Hoth Four Pack (Toys R’ Us Exclusive)
Silver Convention Boba Fett (Fan Club/Dealer exclusive)

In theaters Dickie Roberts and Once Upon a Time in Mexico are the new choices. New to DVD is the Simpsons Third Season, and in the news the music industry is yet again enraged over the CD burning done constantly on the internet. Doug Morris (CEO of Universal Music) has pushed cutting the price of CD's, suing pirates who download copyrighted music, and offering amnesty to anyone who has snagged illegal music from file-sharing networks to deal with the problem! Has anyone downloaded music lately? :eek:

Jaff
11-25-2003, 08:56 AM
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine
Geonosian Fighter
Hailfire Droid

All these figs came out when I was finally finding 2003 stuff on shelves. I found the screen scenes, and all the figs both clone and Faytonni waves at a Target in Vestal. I found these before I had even seen Wat Tambor wave!!!!? I skipped the Clone Wars stuff, and the Luke and Darth rehashes. The Hailfire Droid and Geonosian Fighter I got through the mail when I got my Bail Organa wave. The Battle of Hoth Four Pack was the hardest toys R Us exclusive set to find. I found it with my brother in law when I was in Syracuse, and only saw it once more unlike the others. As for the Silver Convention Boba Fett: Just not interested.

Kidhuman
11-25-2003, 11:14 AM
9/03
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine
Geonosian Fighter
Hailfire Droid

Ok, Silver Vader, a certain young lady on the boards got me one. Many thhanks to doexy on that. Hope you enojyed Hammerhead. I have Faytonni and WA-7 on Lay a way. Havent seen Vader or Emperor. Passed on Luke. Got Wave ! of CW fairly easy. I found the Value packs of them finally on Saturday. So now I have extras. Want the Hailfire and Hoth 4-pack, but havent seen them. Pass on the rest.

darthzirock
11-25-2003, 01:08 PM
9/03: #28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid; #29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni; #30/03 Emperor Palpatine; #31/03 Luke Skywalker Tatooine Encounter; #32/03 Darth Vader Death Star Clash; #42/03 Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker; #43/03 Clone Wars: ARC Trooper; #44/03 Clone Wars: Yoda; Geonosian Fighter; Hailfire Droid; Jedi Council three pack #2 with Yaddle, Yarael Poof, and Depa Billaba; Geonosian War Room three pack #2 with Nute Gunray, Shu Mai, and Passel Argente; The Battle of Hoth Four Pack (Toys R’ Us Exclusive); Silver Convention Boba Fett (Fan Club/Dealer exclusive).

Scored the WA-7, Faytonni, and Emperor figures in early October at Wal*Mart. Got the Vader re-hash, but never even saw Luke. Passed on the second wave of Screen Scenes. Got all the Clone Wars figs at Wal*Mart, but they were the Value Packs. Got the single-carded ones a few weeks later at WM, but Yoda was the paint-error saber, so I got my corrected-saber carded one at TRU. Didn't bother with the vehicles, but I have seen all of these at both Target and TRU. Haven't picked up the Hoth 4-pack yet, but my TRU has both Tauntaun pack-in versions (Luke's with broken horn, Han's with normal horn). Wasn't at all interested in the Silver Fett!

darthzirock
11-25-2003, 01:20 PM
Well, we are down to the wire. It is now September 2003, and there is only two more postings for me to put onto this thread.

Oh, Jaff! I'm gonna miss this stroll down Memory Lane! Say--I've got an idea ... "How hard was it for you to find your Vintage figures"! C'mon, I dare ya to start it up in the Vintage Figures thread!

OC47150
11-25-2003, 03:56 PM
I picked up most of these figures in early October, with the exception of the new Luke. Nothing wrong with him but I'd rather spend my money on the newer ones than rehashes. Haven't seen him, Han or Maul in the stores since. :(

The hailfire droid and Geo starfighter are on my Christmas list.

I ordered the Hoth 4-pack TRU.com months ago. The red droid and the tauntaun are the best.

I picked up the silver Fett at Gen Con Indy in July.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-25-2003, 08:26 PM
Didn't see Luke or Vader. Found Anakin, ARC Trooper, Yoda and the 3-packs on 9/17 at Target. Found WA-7, Faytonni, and the Emperor at Target on 9/23, but not the Target in my town. Also got another ARC Trooper then too. Waited a bit on the vehicles. Got the Geonosian fighter first on 10/17 since it came with a figure, then got the Hailfire droid on 10/27. Found those both at Target. Got both versions of the Hoth 4-pack. Got the broken horn version first, then I found out there were two versions. Went back to TRU and they had some of each. Didn't really have an interest in the Boba Fett figure. I almost ordered him when I ordered the Holiday Yoda. The shipping was outrageous for the first Yoda, but for the second one it was only an additional dollar. So I figured it would be an additional dollar shipping if I got the Fett figure. But in the checkout process, it added $7 shipping for the Fett figure. The figure itself was only $10 I think. So I passed on him. I'd rather have the Silver R2 if I was to get a silver figure.

OC47150
11-26-2003, 08:32 AM
I might've missed seeing him listed but the one figure I haven't seen for a long time (several months, at least) in the stores is the snowtrooper. I'd like to get a few more of him.

I will miss the list, too. It's been fun remembering when and how (and how much!) we paid for figures.

Jaff
11-26-2003, 10:14 AM
Oh, Jaff! I'm gonna miss this stroll down Memory Lane! Say--I've got an idea ... "How hard was it for you to find your Vintage figures"! C'mon, I dare ya to start it up in the Vintage Figures thread!

Well Darthzirock, I'm afraid I won't be able to do that thread right now because I've been working on my SCENE BY SCENE thread for the past couple weeks. This thread will probably keep me busy for the next year or so since every scene will be annalyzed from the film scripts with pictures, actor info, and so on. Once I'm done with "How Hard" (it sounds like such an obscene abreviation doesn't it) :evil: I will start my first post of Scene by Scene!

I hope to see you all there when that time comes. Don't forget I still have one or two more posts to go on this thread too.

Kidhuman
11-26-2003, 10:25 AM
Vintage will be hard since we were mostly kids then. I dont remember where when or how my parents got the stuff.

LusiferSam
11-26-2003, 02:23 PM
Vintage will be hard since we were mostly kids then. I dont remember where when or how my parents got the stuff.

That's only if you were a kid when you got the figures. More than 50% of my vintage collection I got after my 18th birthday, so its a bit easier for me to remember those. But personally I remember when I got about half of my original figures. Rest I'd need to think pretty hard about.

TheDarthVader
11-26-2003, 05:28 PM
7/03: #22/03 Padme Amidala Secret Ceremony--with patience, found it
#23/03 Wat Tambor; with patience, found it
#24/03 Coleman Trebor; with patience found it
#25/03 Darth Maul Theed Hanger (rerelease)with patience, found it
#26/03 Princess Leia Organa Imperial Captive (Rerelease); found and bought after thinking I'd never find it LOL
#27/03 Han Solo Flight to Alderan (Rerelease); found and bought
Clone Wars: Jedi Starfighter (rerelease); found, dont collect this
Clone Wars: Republic Gunship (rerelease);--eaily found dont collect this
Clone Wars: Armored Assault Tank (rerelease); --easily found dont collect this
Ultimate Bounty 4-Pack (Toys R Us Exclusive)--easily found
Star Tours: G2-9T (Disney exclusive); Star Tours: R5-D2 (Disney exclusive); Star Tours: SK-Z38 (Disney exclusive)--I don't collect star tours figures!!!!!
#28/03 WA-7 Waitress Droid; --found easily
#29/03 Lt. Dannl Faytonni; --found easily
#30/03 Emperor Palpatine;--found easily
#31/03 Luke Skywalker Tatooine Encounter--found, not interested
#32/03 Darth Vader Death Star Clash; --found have only ever seen 2 of these
#42/03 Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker; found but I dont collect it
#43/03 Clone Wars: ARC Trooper--found; but I dont collect it
#44/03 Clone Wars: Yoda; Geonosian Fighter; Hailfire Droid; --I do not collect clone wars
Jedi Council three pack #2 with Yaddle, Yarael Poof, and Depa Billaba-- I want this but it has not been in stock yet at my Target
Geonosian War Room three pack #2 with Nute Gunray, Shu Mai, and Passel Argente--same story as council #2 pack
The Battle of Hoth Four Pack (Toys R’ Us Exclusive)--found easily and bought
Silver Convention Boba Fett (Fan Club/Dealer exclusive--easily find because I am a sw fan club member so I ordered my limit of 2 :)

tagmac
11-26-2003, 08:06 PM
I found the Clone Wars figures in KB, but bought ordered the Waitress Droid, Palpy, and Faytonni from Kebco. I didn't want more rehashes, so I skipped Luke and Vader. Also skipped the Geo. fighter and the Hailfire Droid. I ordered the 3-packs, silver Fett, and Hoth 4-pack online.

Jaff
11-27-2003, 02:10 AM
One month ago another large lists of products came out, and this time some of it started up showing on shelves promptly. However may I ask why lines like Clone Wars is more available than the core figure groups? It seems a bit stupid to me. The Bail Organa assortment came out right about the same time as the Asajj Ventress wave of figs, and although they were mainly available through dealers some people started spotting them at stores.

10/03
#33/03 Bail Organa
#34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper
#35/03 Juns Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary)
#36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
#38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club)
#39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club)
#40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano
#45/03 Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot
#46/03 Clone Wars: Durge
#47/03 Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress
#48/03 Clone Wars: Mace Windu
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Speederbike
Clone Wars: Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speederbike (rerelease)
Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Three pack (Red)
Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter
Holiday Edition Yoda

In theaters Runaway Jury is awaiting it's verdict while Kill Bill is murdering the box office competetion. New to video is the holy grail of current DVD's: The Indiana Jones Collection. Do you have yours? I know I got mine!

Jaff
11-27-2003, 02:16 AM
10/03
#33/03 Bail Organa
#34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper
#35/03 Juns Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary)
#36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)
#38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club)
#39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club)
#40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano
#45/03 Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot
#46/03 Clone Wars: Durge
#47/03 Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress
#48/03 Clone Wars: Mace Windu
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Speederbike
Clone Wars: Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speederbike (rerelease)
Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Three pack (Red)
Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter
Holiday Edition Yoda

Dear god Hasbro needs to cut down on their distribution lists. At this time they are making way too many new products that I'm sure retailers can't keep up with what is new. For us collectors it is mostly impossible for all of us to be completests. As for me I got the Bail wave very quickly. I ordered them from a dealer friend the day they got their case. I knew several of these figs like Elan and Obi would be only one to a case and I did not want to take any chances. The Clone Wars figs I have not yet seen on shelves and I don't care to since they are merely in my way from getting more movie figures produced. I saw the Deluxe Durge assortment, but not the Clone Trooper three pack (Red) which is the only thing I want out of this group. Last week I saw the Anakin Jedi Starfighter, but ignored it. The Holiday Yoda will be passed on by me as well. I'm sad to say that there is too much stuff being made, and not enough to want! That will change during the next month of products. My god, November was an incredible month of products!

darthzirock
11-27-2003, 02:44 AM
10/03: #33/03 Bail Organa; #34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper; #35/03 Juns Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary); #36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead); 38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club); #39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub); #40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano; #45/03 Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot; #46/03 Clone Wars: Durge; #47/03 Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress; #48/03 Clone Wars: Mace Windu; Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Speederbike; Clone Wars: Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speederbike (rerelease); Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Three pack (Red); Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter; Holiday Edition Yoda.

I've yet to see any of the basic Saga single-carded figures on pegs, except for Imperial Dignitary #1. He was at Target, but everything else in this wave had already sold out! I was told the other figs were gone in less than 2 hours! All the Clone Wars basic figs have been at Wal*Mart, on and off. They get a case or two, sell out in a day, then have empty pegs for a few days, when they get in yet another case or two. (These cases are like Sith Lords--there are never more than two at a time! ;) ) I got my CW wave 2 figures on November 2nd, the day Target started their $3.99 sale, and got WM to price-match. (Target, by the way, still hasn't had the CW figures come in yet!) Picked up the Deluxe Durge w/ Swoop Bike at TRU--it was the only one they had left! Haven't seen the Deluxe Clone Trooper or Red Clone 3-pack. Saw Anakin's Starfighter at TRU and passed. I hated the 2002 Holiday Edition 3PO & R2 2-pack, and I'm equally unimpressed with Santa Yoda. Feel free to buy the one I'm not buying!

tagmac
11-27-2003, 10:24 AM
I ordered all of the figures online and received both waves over the last 2 weeks. So far, the only one I've seen at retail is CW Mace Windu. I skipped the new deluxe figures completely, as well as the red clone 3-pack. Already have 2 red clones from the first Ep. II wave, so why bother. Holiday Yoda I've been wavering on, but haven't ordered it as of yet. Not sure if I wanna spend the money, and since I never did find the R2 & 3PO holiday set last year, it's not like I have a set to try to complete anyway.

Mad Slanted Powers
11-27-2003, 11:24 AM
Have not seen any of those Saga figures yet. Of the Clone Wars figures, I found Obi-Wan, Asajj Ventriss, Mace Windu, and Clone Trooper with bike. I may have seen Anakin's fighter. I ordered two of the Holiday Yoda and I received them, but then they sent me three more plus a Dragon magazine. I e-mailed them about it and only got a generic response. I've just moved into a new house, so earlier this week my mom calls and says UPS is there to pick up the package and she can't find it. Nice of them to let me know they were coming. The next day, she finds it and takes it in but they don't have any sort of return label so it would have cost to send it back, so I think she held on to it.

LusiferSam
11-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Still haven't seen or bought any of them. At this point it probably not worth my time to post to this thread any more, but I'll stick out to the end.

Kidhuman
11-27-2003, 12:28 PM
Have Cw wave 2, havent seen the rest of em.

Jaff
11-29-2003, 12:41 AM
Today in November 2003 most of us are getting ready for Christmas, and by doing so we are requesting the current months items on our christmas list. Once again Hasbro is releaseing over 10 items to make completists broke and crying, and this list does not even include the Garindan Wave which has just started distribution.

11/03
#37/03 Achk-Med Beq
#41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary)
#04/01 Hoth Rebel Trooper
#04/02 R-3PO
#04/03 Luke Skywalker Hoth
Han Solo Hoth Rescue (Brown Coat)
Clone Wars: Kit Fisto
Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper
Clone Wars: Saesee Tiin
Deluxe Wampa
Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod
Deluxe General Rieekan
Clonetrooper Silver Anniversary

Elf is currently squashing the Matrix Revelutions in theaters, and Cat in the hat is hoping for some box office luster. X-Men 2 and Bruce Almighty are the newest films to hit DVD and Video, and President Bush has just taken part in a secret Thanksgiving treat for our troops in Iraq.

Jaff
11-29-2003, 12:44 AM
This whole list is up in the air for me. I told my wife that I wanted these for Christmas and asked her to order them fast, but instead she did most of her families Christmas shopping and is now broke for my shopping. That means when she has some money on the 6th she may be to late to get any of it because of shipping and availability. I'm crossing my fingers. I would hate to have a figureless Christmas.

darthzirock
11-29-2003, 01:47 AM
11/03: #37/03 Achk-Med Beq; #41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary); #04/01 Hoth Rebel Trooper; #04/02 R-3PO; #04/03 Luke Skywalker Hoth; Han Solo Hoth Rescue (Brown Coat); #49/03 Clone Wars: Kit Fisto; #50/03 Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper; #51/03 Clone Wars: Saesee Tiin; Deluxe Wampa; Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod; Deluxe General Rieekan; Clonetrooper Silver Anniversary.

Since I'm still looking for the October-release figures, I'm not even thinking about these things yet! :(

Mad Slanted Powers
11-29-2003, 02:56 AM
Not seen any of these yet. I've not looked as much recently as I've been pretty busy moving into my new house.

LusiferSam
11-29-2003, 12:15 PM
I haven't had time to look for this wave. Just been too busy to go Wal-Mart or Target.

Kidhuman
11-29-2003, 12:23 PM
Negative on these figures as well. Havent seen hide nor hair of em.

tagmac
11-30-2003, 07:43 PM
I preordered all except Han and the Silver Clonetrooper. Still waiting for them to be released.

Jaff
12-01-2003, 04:12 AM
I preordered all except Han and the Silver Clonetrooper. Still waiting for them to be released.

Preorders suck to the max. Some of them you get early, sometimes you get them when the stuff comes out and other times you see them on shelves before they come out. I will say that the Hoth Trooper wave is in stores. A few days ago one of my employees brought it the Hoth Trooper just to show me that they had it. Boy that's grounds for termination. ;) I went to the wal-mart he got it at an hour later and there was none there. I asked someone who worked in the toy department if they saw any of these new figs and they said well we put out some new figs that I never saw before, and they're gone allready. Oh, well, come on christmas, I'm tired of waiting.

Jaff
12-01-2003, 04:18 AM
Well folks, this is it, the last post on the How Hard was it for you to find your figures thread! I hope you had fun, and I want to thank you consistant friends who took part in it. I enjoyed your tales, and hoped you enjoyed some of mine, I look forward to chating with you on other threads, and my pm is always open to all of you.

However if you think you've told all the hunting tales you've had on mine and tagmac's hunting threads think again. Here's some of the things that are in store for the future that is currently announced by Hasbro as of December 1st, 2003 and now that rumors are swarming it's going to get allot bigger!

Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
R2-D2 with Serving Tray
R1-G4

Lando Calrissian Skiff Guard
J’Quille
Tanus Spijek
Shawda Ubb (Rappertunnie)
Holographic Luke Skywalker

General Jan Dadonna
Captain Antillies
TIE Fighter Pilot
Dutch Vander: Gold Leader

Dengar
Bossk
Admiral Ozzel

Sly Moore
Senator Yarua: Wookie Senator

Princess Leia Bespin Gown
Lobot

Screen Scene with 3 Ewoks
Screen Scene with Bubo, B’Omarr Monk, and Wol Cabba****e

Deluxe Jabba the Hutt

And whatever happened to these? Well Hasbro says they’re coming too
Sandcrawler
Cantina Bar Set with Dr. Evazan (Dealer exclusive)
Cantina Bar Set with Wuher (Dealer exclusive)
Cantina Bar Set with Kitik Keed’kak (Dealer exclusive)

Happy Hunting!!!!

TheDarthVader
12-02-2003, 02:56 PM
#33/03 Bail Organa--TARGET, no where else! :(
#34/03 Ralph Mcquarrie Stormtrooper --TARGET
#35/03 Juns Greetjatus (Imperial Dignitary)--TARGET
#36/03 Padme Amidala (Lars Homestead)--TARGET
#38/03 Ayy Vida (Coruscant Night Club)--TARGET
#39/03 Obi-Wan Kenobi (Outlander Nightclub Club)--TARGET
#40/03 Elan Sleazebaggano--found at TARGET (thank you target!)
#45/03 Clone Wars: Obi-Wan Kenobi Pilot--have not seen n/a
#46/03 Clone Wars: Durge--have not seen n/a
#47/03 Clone Wars: Asajj Ventress--have not seen n/a
#48/03 Clone Wars: Mace Windu--have not seen n/a
Clone Wars: Deluxe Durge with Speederbike--n/a have seen
Clone Wars: Deluxe Clone Trooper with Speederbike--n/a have seen
Clone Wars: Clone Trooper Three pack (Red)--n/a have never seen
Clone Wars: Anakin Skywalker’s Jedi Starfighter--not interested
Holiday Edition Yoda--easy...I am a member...got one easily
#37/03 Achk-Med Beq ---should see soon...hopefully
#41/03 Kren Blista-Vanee (Imperial Dignitary)---should see soon
#04/01 Hoth Rebel Trooper---should see soon
#04/02 R-3PO--should see soon
#04/03 Luke Skywalker Hoth--should see soon
Han Solo Hoth Rescue (Brown Coat)---should see soon
Clone Wars: Kit Fisto --not interested
Clone Wars: Super Articulated Clone Trooper--not interested
Clone Wars: Saesee Tiin--not interested
Deluxe Wampa--should see soon
Deluxe C-3PO with Escape Pod--not interested
Deluxe General Rieekan --should see soon
Clonetrooper Silver Anniversary --should see soon

OC47150
12-02-2003, 03:03 PM
I found carded Durge and Ventress at Kmart this past weekend. Might one to try there. Had to pay a little more ($5.49) but I have them.

I've seen the Hoth rebel trooper and Hoth Luke (a friend ordered them online) and they look great!

CrossWizard
12-03-2003, 07:10 PM
I never had trouble finding Star Wars stuff with POTF2, all of the figures, including the last few freeze frame waves I saw on pegs and had many chances to buy them, except I'm no completist. For me the trouble began with the later Episode 1 waves(Sio Bibble, TC 14 etc.) and POTJ.

That's when things really got ugly. Since isles were flooded with Episode 1 peg warmers, stores barely put out new stuff and knowing this, scalpers began hitting all the stores in my area pretty hard.

Right now the last Wave that has hit my local TRU and KB Toys was the Obi Wan Acklay/Darth Tyranus Wave. Oddly enough they started putting out the Clone Wars stuff but as far as regular Waves, were about 5-6 months behind. The only way I've gotten by with the figures I want are by using Kebco, internet friends/contacts and yes, even Ebay.

darthzirock
12-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Well, just last night at WM I found Ayy Vida, Outlander Club Obi-Wan & Elan Sleazebaggano, and Lars Homestead Padme. A friend has picked me up the McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper, Bail Organa, and Imp Dignitary Janus Greejatus. So, here it is, early December, and I'm just getting figures from ... October! :frus:

Jaff
12-07-2003, 01:29 AM
Darthzirock,

Just keep saying Christmas is comming, Christmas is Comming, and instead of a red ryder BB Gun, you can get the Hoth wave and Deluxe figs. I suggest going to Toys R Us on Tuesday this week, as the deluxes should start hitting hard then! I saw the 3PO, and Riekan Friday the 5th at Toys R Us but I wasn't allowed to buy it because it was on my Christmas list. I better see it on 25 or I'll be freaking, the 3PO was nice, and Rieken was so/so.

darthzirock
12-07-2003, 01:38 AM
Darthzirock,

Just keep saying Christmas is comming, Christmas is Comming, and instead of a red ryder BB Gun, you can get the Hoth wave and Deluxe figs. I suggest going to Toys R Us on Tuesday this week, as the deluxes should start hitting hard then! I saw the 3PO, and Riekan Friday the 5th at Toys R Us but I wasn't allowed to buy it because it was on my Christmas list. I better see it on 25 or I'll be freaking, the 3PO was nice, and Rieken was so/so.

I won't be seeing much of anything on December 25th ... I'm an atheist! (Well, actually, that's the day Peter Pan opens, so I'll probably see that.) Whether it was a Red Ryder BB gun or the Early Bird Gift Certificate, those days are quite a ways behind me. Since my birthday isn't until May, I just buy when I find it, if I find it! Maybe I should look into Festivus ... where are my Seinfeld tapes?

Mad Slanted Powers
12-07-2003, 03:42 AM
Yes! Festivus! And for the Airing of Grievances, we can complain about the lack of new figures in the stores. For the Feats of Strength, we can go to Toys R Us and wrestle a figure scalper for the last new figure on the pegs.