PDA

View Full Version : I'm loving Bail's costume

Pendo
07-29-2003, 05:37 AM
The latest Set Diary was about Bail Organa and we got a glimpse of his outfit, and it certainly has a OT vibe going on :D.
There was also a picture of his Speeder which looks kinda cool.

Here's some quotes from the Set Diary:

The first scene today is all dialogue -- an important discussion between Bail and other major characters. We're back in a full set, with walls, floor, ceiling and nary a hint of blue to be seen. It's a nice break from the blue and green-filled shooting of the previous week. The set is a conference room -- one with a design that definitely hearkens back to the original trilogy, right down to the array of confoundingly unlabeled blinking lights and buttons that you find all over the classic films.

For the second and third scene today, the crew relocates to another stage. It's back to blue, as we shoot another in a long series of landing platforms. This is not the landing platform set we've shot on previously -- this one is much more round compared to the rectilinear shape of the other set. It's still on Coruscant, though, and now Smits gets to exchange laser fire with unseen opponents.

Bail makes a hasty escape aboard his gleaming red speeder. Explosive squibs lining the speeder create a shower of sparks as Smits ducks for cover behind his vehicle. A close examination of the speeder's contours should provide a hint of familiarity to keen-eyed viewers. The Art Department has adapted the basic shape of the mold used to create Anakin's speeder from Episode II, but it has been extensively modified to make it a unique conveyance.

Hmmm, wonder who the unseen opponents are, Bounty Hunters? Battle Droids? Clones?????

PENDO!

Jargo
07-29-2003, 09:19 AM
Thatis the coolest news yet. bail Organa exchanging fire with bad guys! A new seeder toy and figure for sure. Oh this is so cool.:)

jawaboy
07-29-2003, 10:06 AM
I'm not diggin' Sammy's Timberlands though. Does anyone where those anymore???? I think not.

Jargo
07-29-2003, 10:25 AM
I'm not diggin' Sammy's Timberlands though. Does anyone where those anymore???? I think not.Oooh you fashionista you! :D

Did the do with them there pics and made em bigger and lighter and straighter.

Bail certainly looks fairly Imperious. The speeder is a nice color although being a modified version of Senator Greyshades speeder from AOTC I would imagine the front end will be somewhat less hotrod-ish. Far as I'm concerned the more speeders the better. One of the best part of the movies is the speeders.

TheDarthVader
07-29-2003, 01:07 PM
Thanks for the news! Bail's custome is awesome and I love his boots! (Curses on fashion!) I love that speeder...too cool! Can't wait until Ep3! :)

Jargo
07-29-2003, 03:50 PM
I'm trying to work out if that's a fin in the foreground or a panel that hasn't been attached yet to the main hull.
I'm still waiting for hasbro to make some of the other Coruscant speeders from AOTC. They just looked so cool especially thew double cockpit one in green and yellow. Or the snub olive green one from the same parking lot Anakin stole the yellow one from.

But at least this means Bail gets his 'wheels and gets a more proactive role in the saga. After all these years of wondering about bail and what he was up to that angered the Emperor enough to obliterate his planet we now find out that he's the original rebel. That is just the coolest development to me. Easy to see where leia gets it from now.
From the sad bow of the head while watching the clonetrooper load onto the republic cruisers at the end of AOTC to this sharpshooting speeder driving rebellious dude and such a sharp dresser too. I nearly wet my pants with excitement earlier today when I saw the pics. :) just too cool. This has got to be linked to the Palpatine in the theater scene somehow. Plots and dirty shenanigans. Hehehehehehehe! :D

plo koon 200
07-29-2003, 11:11 PM
I'm most excited about the set with the blinking lights.

Darth Marra 54
07-30-2003, 10:59 AM
Thank you very much for the pictures Pendo! Please keep them coming

scruffziller
07-30-2003, 11:47 AM
Yea I really like how they are going for that "getting close to EPS 4" look.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2003, 03:05 PM
Thank God he doesn't have that infernal pearl necklace anymore! :crazed:

This is too cool! I wonder just how much action Bail will see . . .

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-30-2003, 04:06 PM
That costume is awesome, but it just reminds me of the Nazi uniforms in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" Lucas must've raided Stevens' wardrobe closet. ;)