PDA

View Full Version : Anybody's Lama Su come apart by accident?

JediTricks
07-30-2003, 04:04 AM
Mine did, right out of the package. His upper body separated from his lower body, which then released the separate skirt piece. It sorta went back together, but I don't think it locked into place over the peg. Is this a rarity?

Oh, and while I'm on the subject of Lama Su, why are his eyes pointing in 2 different directions? It's on the picture of the prototype on the back too, looks googly.

JEDIpartner
07-30-2003, 02:38 PM
Mine didn't fall apart. It seems pretty sturdy, actually. I'll have to check on the eyes again but I don't recall them looking googly. :p

Hellboy
07-30-2003, 03:12 PM
No problems with mine falling apart but I did notice the problem with the :crazed: eyes when I bought the figure. Most of them I found had the white of one eye painted larger (Lama Su's left) making the pupils look like they were in different positions on each eye. Eventually I found one that wasn't that bad.

Teeska Mon Eebon
07-30-2003, 03:38 PM
Mine didn't fall apart either

But he looks paranoid his eyes don't look right the pupils are either too big or little or something just something not right and yes he does have the googly thing going on

Deoxyribonucleic
07-30-2003, 04:58 PM
Mine did, in my dreams since I haven't even seen this blasted figure at a retail store EVER! :mad:

I'm losing faith and if I did find it, and it came apart, I'd send it right back to Hasbro with a note that said "FIX IT!"

Now, back on topic. Although I don't know about Lama Su, it sounds to me like a case of the Djas Puhrs! I got several of those guys because of this problem...all super loose at the waist and one of them almost fell out of it's socket it was so bad. I think it's the new plastic they make these things out of...it may last longer, but its way too soft and malleable for some sculpts I think.

:)

Kidhuman
07-30-2003, 07:38 PM
I guess its a benefit to be a MOC collector because they never fall apart then. That bites though that they fell apart. I wouldn't be having it. I would take it right back to the store and demand a new one. They can RTV it and get credit.

JediTricks
07-31-2003, 11:28 PM
kidhuman, this one certainly would have fallen off its waist peg if it had stayed on shelves longer. What an error that would have been. :D

vulcantouch
08-11-2003, 09:32 AM
. . .i sighted the jedi & warroom cinema scenes the other day and one figure in each had already come apart at the waist, w/out the pkg even being opened :crazed: so i'd guess it's a problem w/some new waist-joint design they're trying out across the board, rather than with just lama su particularly-
vt

JediTricks
08-11-2003, 11:21 PM
WOW! That's shocking! The joint isn't anything special either, just a thin angle-headed peg rather than a wider flat-headed peg.