PDA

View Full Version : Episode III Obi-Wan Picture

Beast
07-30-2003, 04:33 PM
Here's a really great picture of EIII's Obi-Wan Kenobi, who's really starting to look like the classic Alec Guiness Obi-Wan Kenobi of EIV. And what's this? It appears that he's carrying Obi-Wan's EIV lightsaber. Nice to see that finally turn up. The picture appeared on another forum, and is from the UK MCN Bike Magazine. :cool: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Pendo
07-30-2003, 04:46 PM
I'M SPOILER FREE, DON'T LOOK!

Ah, 'F' it, the picture isn't spoiling much... appart from his look, his costume, and his lightsaber :rolleyes:

Cool pic JJB, thanx :D. He looks the spit of Sir Alec :).

PENDO!

Jargo
07-30-2003, 04:48 PM
Wow, so OT it's untrue. he does indeed look like a younger Alec Guiness. How he's aged so much in just three years as a character remains to be seen but yeah he looks good. :) Mace Windu had better have aged some I can tell ya. Ten years between TPM and AOTC and not a day older. Must be magic for mace...

gtrain29
07-30-2003, 05:26 PM
Great pic.
I didn't think it was possible for him to resemble Alec Guiness so well. I love that saber, too!
How much longer for E3?
Please don't suck as bad as E1 & 2.

Gungan Warrior
07-30-2003, 05:48 PM
Come on. He's pulling our leg that's not Ewing!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-30-2003, 06:33 PM
(mike promptly wets himself)

That pic is AWESOME. I can't wait to see how he uses that motorcycl-....wait, no, he won't. hehehehehehe :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Woah, awesome! He looks exactly like he should! His upper costume is that of ANH, but below the belt it's from AOTC. Very cool yet subtle change! And thank God the mullet is no more!!!

Jargo
07-30-2003, 08:18 PM
Now all they have to do is alter his voice to give it more bass because Alec had a deep voice and Ewan has more resonant alto tones. He needs to develop the halting way of alec in delivering a line too. The crafty sideways glance and "I'm lying through my teeth but hoping you won't notice" look. But apart from that it looks good he said returning to this thread again for one more look. At least now we know what the toys will look like. Can anyone say obi-Wan figure x3,000,000,000,000? :)

InsaneJediGirl
07-31-2003, 08:36 AM
Very nice,he does look like a young Alec.Hopefully Ewan will develop the OT Obi-Wan mannerisms(?) and I'll be happy:)

JEDIpartner
07-31-2003, 10:12 AM
Well... actually he doesn't look like a young Alec, thank goodness as Alec wasn't a very good looking younger man from what I can recall. He does, however, look like a young Obi-Wan as played by Alec. And I'm just well chuffed! :D

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 11:07 AM
JP- I agree...It don't look Obi-Wan at all.

TheDarthVader
07-31-2003, 02:37 PM
Obi-Wan looks great! I am hoping that Ep3 will be just as action packed as Ep1 and 2. I love the prequels! Thanks for the pic, JJB.

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2003, 09:00 AM
Very nice, but I'm just not sure weather it's Ewan or not.

On the subject of Mace, there is a picture on the official site of Mace with his purple lightsaber, could just be from episode II, but he has a lot of lines on his face that make him look older, is this from Ep III, or a bad Ep II pic?

(It is one of those pics that appear in the corner of each page on the official site, sometimes they are cartoon pictures)

Master Plo- Koon
08-03-2003, 04:54 PM
Come on. He's pulling our leg that's not Ewing!

Yes, it is. Its from the backlot at sydney. :)

scruffziller
08-05-2003, 01:06 PM

Ah, 'F' it, the picture isn't spoiling much... appart from his look, his costume, and his lightsaber :rolleyes:

Cool pic JJB, thanx :D. He looks the spit of Sir Alec :).

PENDO!

Heh heh. Them spoiler free patches seem to be wearing off rather quick.:D

BenQuad
08-05-2003, 07:05 PM
Gotta say guys, I'm not convinced that it's not a fake.

Don't get me wrong.... it does look kinda cool, but ask yourself a question:

Why is Ewan posing for a photo that's going to be leaked?

The early photos from EP2 were all definite papparazzi stuff taken from a hell of a distance, this is all close and personal - much different.

Now I'm sure Uncle George wouldn't be very happy about this at all.... UNLESS he actually gave it the ok.

IMHO there are 2 conclusions:

1. The image is a fake, end of story.
2. The image is for real and has been 'officially leaked' and GL is in total control of the media machine.

Please feel free to 'blow me out of the water'. ;)