PDA

View Full Version : Queer Eye for the Straight Guy

DarthChuckMc
07-30-2003, 08:53 PM
Has anyone else caught this show yet?

I'm addicted to it. Bravo network, Tuesday at 10pm. It's only on in the US so far, but they are thinking about syndicating to other countries.

The basic plot of the show....

5 Gee Ah Why men, each with an area of expertise, take a straight guy with image problems, and bad home decor, and remake him and his home in a day.

They're real catty with the guys and they're girlfriends/wives, slamming everything from the choice of furniture, to what they have in the fridge.

I HATE reality shows, but this show's spin and fun has me hooked.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Yup, it sure is hillarious! :)

I hear they are going to put on NBC!?

sith_killer_99
07-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Yeah, I love it! But this is not a reality show, at least no more so than Trading Spaces or that other show where they come into your home and redecorate.

I like watching this on Bravo, but I hate getting bashed over the head with the ads for their new reality show (gee ay why or straight). :rolleyes:

I am addicted to this show, it knocks the socks off of trading spaces, though Page is certainly nicer to watch, meow! :evil: ;) :D

BTW, I've already gotten some great tips from the Fab 5! ;)

Darth Jax
07-30-2003, 09:27 PM
NBC, Bravo's parent company is going to be trimming down the episodes to half hour and rebroadcasting them following will & grace this summer. shortly Bravo will start it version of the bachelor. featuring someone of the alternate life-style picking from suitors. only not all are as they seem, some are straight and were paid to portray that lifestyle to add a 'joe millionaire' touch.

personally i could care less about all 'make-over shows.' and don't even get me started on reality tv. since that seems to be all thats on the air, would explain why my tv rarely gets utilized.

Exhaust Port
07-30-2003, 11:08 PM
I watched the first episode and found it to be very entertaining. The thin blond guy was trying a little too hard to stick his hands down the guys pants though. I was kind of hoping that the guy would slug him just to get him to stop.

plasticfetish
07-31-2003, 12:00 AM
Watched it last night ... very entertaining. Wasn't so sure at first merely because the premise is so "obvious" and cliché reliant, but it was done well. I really liked the opening animation ... funny.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-31-2003, 12:23 AM
personally i could care less about all 'make-over shows.' and don't even get me started on reality tv. since that seems to be all thats on the air, would explain why my tv rarely gets utilized.

Here! Here! Dear Jax ;)

Thank the maker for 24 hour Nicktoons TV, otherwise my tv wouldn't be on...EVER! :crazed:

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 01:41 AM
Yep,Great show...watched about every episode...

-CTM-

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-31-2003, 11:26 PM
Yeah, I've seen two episodes of the show on BRAVO and I like what I see. Gays have always had a keen sense of fashion and taste and to see them interact with straights and give them advice is interesting to watch. I feel bad for the designer/decorator though. He always seems to do the most work, having to clean up a dirty, messy apartment, then paint it, and finally completely redecorate it. The other four don't seem to do anything as near as grueling.

I think I could use a makeover by the Fab Five for I am always a step or two behind the latest trends.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-31-2003, 11:36 PM
My mom was laughing hysterically when i came home from work and when i went to investigate, she had that show on. I watched some of it and laughed my butt off. That thin blonde guy w/ glasses is downright hysterical. I'll try to catch this show when i'm not working.

plasticfetish
08-01-2003, 01:19 AM
I feel bad for the designer/decorator though. He always seems to do the most work...
Well, as a former set dresser I can say pretty confidently that he's probably not doing it all himself. (No doubt, the minute the cameras go away a team of people roll in and that guy sits on the couch and watches.)

InsaneJediGirl
08-02-2003, 06:58 PM
I watch the show,its pretty entertaining.I agree with plasticfestish,he's probably no doing all the work,probably a little team of painters and carptners come in and help.

The main reason I watch it is because the state of these peoples homes makes my room look like a palace:D

scruffziller
08-03-2003, 08:50 AM
I was kind of hoping that the guy would slug him just to get him to stop.

Now that would be a show!!!:D

Exhaust Port
08-03-2003, 08:18 PM
Black Eye for the Queer Guy. It'll be a collection of all the unbroadcasted outtakes. ;)

JEDIpartner
08-05-2003, 05:03 PM
Gays have always had a keen sense of fashion and taste and to see them interact with straights and give them advice is interesting to watch...
Being a part of this increasingly visible portion of the population, I have to say that I wasn't born with this innate sense of fashion or decorating skill. I can also honestly say that most of the people I know who are part of this group don't fall into those "stereotypes". I wanna know where these people are! :rolleyes:

Back on track, though... I have heard this show is pretty hilarious- stereotypes and all. My cable company removed Bravo about two years ago and replaced it with FOX NEWS. That was something we really needed. Anyhow, my friend Jenn said she felt and hour was too long and the 30 minute NBC version was far too short. *shrug*

plasticfetish
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
My cable company removed Bravo about two years ago and replaced it with FOX NEWS.
Ug. To replace anything with Fox News is a crime.

scruffziller
08-06-2003, 09:27 AM
I can also honestly say that most of the people I know who are part of this group don't fall into those "stereotypes". I wanna know where these people are! :rolleyes:

That is funny that you mention that. Because I know a number of efeminate men that fall into those stereotypes, yet are straight.:confused::D
Figure that one out!!:eek:

JEDIpartner
08-06-2003, 09:32 AM
D'oh!!! :eek:

Yeah... My Uncle Don has been married to my aunt for, like, 3,000 years and I think he falls into that category.

Hellboy
08-23-2003, 02:56 AM
I still haven't seen this show but I did see a few of the show's members on Howard Stern's E television show doing a makeover on comedian and show personality Artie Lang. Artie ended up getting drunk and became rather offensive with his comments during the process making a complete arse out of himself. I felt sorry for some of the guys who were trying to take it seriously but it was kinda funny.

Darth Jax
08-24-2003, 10:29 PM
how did anyone think it was a good idea to bring the cast on to stern's show. letting them try a make-over on Artie has disaster written all over it. stern should stick to interviewing b-level celebs and adult film stars

Hellboy
08-25-2003, 04:22 PM
. letting them try a make-over on Artie has disaster written all over it.

I think that was the whole point of doing it. Artie is so manly and a bit homophobic so it was a train wreck.

InsaneJediGirl
11-18-2003, 09:28 PM
Five new episodes coming up starting tonight.It was about time,Bravo has had the same reruns on forever.

darthzirock
11-21-2003, 04:40 PM
C'mon, it'd be better than Ewoks 3 or Star Wars Holiday Special: The Special Edition!

Master Yoda: Hmmm, who is at my door, do I wonder.

Host #1: Ewww, what a hovel! It's like living in a filthy swamp!

Master Yoda: Hovel? Filthy? My home, this is!

Host #2: Sweetie, which dumpsters are you rummaging through for those clothes?

Master Yoda: Sacred Jedi robes, are these!

Host #1: I'm thinking more like sacred Jedi drop-cloths, bubala!

Host #2: Really! Brown is sooo over, deary!

Host #3: Now, this mold in the refrigerator--

Master Yoda: Mold? My dinner, that is!

Host #3: Umm, yeah, okay ... I wasn't aware that ptomaine was a side-dish, but, whatever.

Host #4: Now, I think we can get you a deep-tissue massage and maybe a bean-curd facial will spackle in those wrinkles ...

Master Yoda: Wrinkles? When 900 years old you reach, look as good you will not!

Host #2: Sweetie, I wouldn't be broadcasting to the entire galaxy that I was 900 in the first place!

Master Yoda: Who are you people, anyway? Why are you here?

Host #5: Oh, well, Master Windu gave us a call and recommended you for our HoloNet show, Queer Eye for the Straight Jedi! I mean, really, just because you're the leader of the Jedi Order and the protector of the galaxy doesn't mean you have to look like leftover Jawa curry or live in a Nerfherder's hut, boobie!

Master Yoda ignites lightsaber. 5 heads drop to the floor.

Master Yoda: Over, is this party!

Tonysmo
11-23-2003, 03:25 AM
lmao.. the best possible ending to the show.

and yeah, Ive seen the show. Its ok.. I like While you were out better. Just my opinion. Id rather have Teresa Strasser or Leslie Segrete trying to steal a kiss from me the whole time. Thats all im tryin to say.. thats all..