PDA

View Full Version : Unleashed, what happened

BFett88
07-30-2003, 10:36 PM
What happened to the places that sell the unleashed toys? I cant find them anywhere. I go to Toys R Us all they have is Jengo, go to KB all they have is Jengo. Wal Mart doesn't even carry them anymore. Who sells these things. I live in Colorado and If anyone can tell me where to find them?

bobafrett
07-30-2003, 10:39 PM
I've ordered my last set with Sedious, Obi-Wan, and Luke through Entertainment Earth. I also have preordered the next wave through the same place. I haven't seen anything in the stores since the Leia/ 2nd Vader wave.

AdmiralPiett
07-31-2003, 01:32 AM
The prices on some of these later waves is insane! The Leia is going for around $50 on Ebay. I think that due to the poor sales of Jango and Fett that retailers aren't ordering them anymore. Most stores had to clearance those first few waves for pretty hard to get rid of them.
Piett

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-31-2003, 02:02 AM
I concure w/ the guy who posted before me...errr...Piett. At least in my area, these first few waves have been warming shelves for MONTHS. And when i say waves, i mean Jango, Maul and every so often, an Anakin or Padme.

Most likely have to get these puppies online. I go through KEBco. More than likely, you won't see much of these on shelves anymore.

jpak001
07-31-2003, 11:00 AM
Yep, newer unleashed seem to be pretty scarce at retail (though I did see the most recent wave at TRU once...).

I had to buy everything past wave 2 online (most of 'em at BigBadToyStore). I have wave 6 pre-ordered through them too :D

Tycho
07-31-2003, 11:49 AM
Two Toys R Us stores in my (San Diego) Area got the Luke-Sidious-Obi-Wan wave. I bought Luke there and got (damaged packaging) Sidious and Obi-Wan from Entertainment Earth who sold them for $10 each at Comic Con. Who doesn't open these up? So why care about the packages?

Anyway, the stores seemed to each have 3-4 of each from the Luke wave. They also have probably only Padme leftover from previous waves.

I've just never gotten or seen Leia Slave at retail.

I love the Unleashed!

El Chuxter
07-31-2003, 12:27 PM
I found Unleashed Obi-Wan last Friday at a TRU in Moreno Valley, sorta hidden among the gazillion Padmes. No sign of Luke or Palpy.

Obi's nice, but Luke and Leia are the top of my wish list. I hope that if they remain HTF, they'll start hitting shelves at clearance prices in 6 months or so. :(

Edit: Whatever happened to the 'e' with the accent mark?

TheDarthVader
07-31-2003, 01:30 PM
I live in East Texas and have found NOTHING where I live. The only place I have found unleashed is in a city 1 1/2 hours away. I found the removeable helmet Vader at TRU. I did not see slave Leia. I have both Vaders and want the Sidious. I dobut that I will ever see him at retail. I might buy the slave Leia as well if I ever see her at retail. Unleashed are going to be hard to find. I want Yoda and maybe Han too.

jedi master sal
07-31-2003, 02:30 PM
I too ordered from Entertainment Earth for Obi/Sidious/Luke. Still can't find Leia and Redux Vader at retail, so I'll have to pre-order these.

I have only opened Maul and Jango. They look great displayed though.

I can't wait for Yoda, Han, and BOBA!

That BOBA looks AWESOME!

I REALLY torn on opening those three as their packaging will be the new style and it is character specific.

IMO, this is one of the BEST lines in SW collecting history.

There's just too many characters that I want to see made this way and I just know we're not going to get them...

Oh, well, I'm really happy with what we've got so far.

Keep 'em coming!

tagmac
07-31-2003, 04:42 PM
Well, if this means they're gonna cancel the line, at least give us the last waves that were mentioned - you can't cancel this line without at least giving us Chewbacca.

DravenUnleashed
07-31-2003, 08:31 PM
About 2 weeks ago at TRU I found the 2 of each of the latest wave and bought them all up... Lat week I went to return one of the Sidious's (cuz he looks like crap and I dont wanna open one to display) and found about 3 of each were back on the pegs...

What sucks is that the store had a load of Leias and Vaders w/o helmet and now that the newer line is out TRU sent them back... I could be sellin 5 of those Leias for big money on Ebay but shes all gone :(

gsr-jedi
07-31-2003, 11:55 PM
Here in AZ, most of the TRU have plenty of Anakins and Padmes. I did happen to pick up the Luke/Obi-Wan/Sidious series at a TRU, a couple days later they were all gone. Never found Leia at retail, also, Tyranus and Mace I only saw once, but was broke.

BFett88
08-01-2003, 06:14 PM
Ha! I finally found some at a Toys R Us. They has Luke, Sidious and Obi.
But I was only able to by one. I got Luke, he is awsome.

Sith Lord 0498
08-01-2003, 06:49 PM
I agree!! I ordered Luke and Obi-Wan from KBToys.com, and Luke is definately the best Unleashed figure yet. And with that lightsaber energy wake, he's the largest as well. Obi-Wan is pretty cool looking though. I passed on Sidious because he just looks a little too much like something out of the Castlevania games with those robes. And the Sith lightning--there can be just too much of something at times.

Kidhuman
08-02-2003, 12:04 AM
Before today, the only one I had ever seen at reatil was Jango and Boba. Today I saw the Padme in Hagerstown, MD at the TRU. I wish I would have found the Vader or Maul or Leia. I agree they need to keep this line going.

jedi master sal
08-04-2003, 01:58 PM
I happen to like the Emperor figure. As far as too much lightening, well, it is the Unleashed line. There is supposed to be some exaggeration to the figures.

And Draven, all I can say is I'm glad you didn't find those Leia's again.

I'll leave it at that, since I don't want this to turn into an argument.

icatch9
08-04-2003, 02:15 PM
I don't think he's saying he wished he'd of bought them to scalp them. Just he wished he'd of bought them beasue they are so hard to find now and so many people want them. I'm the same way. I saw several differnt Unleashed Lieas at several differnt stores and didn't even buy one. I did get the Vader, but passed on several more.

You know it's a should of, could of, would of moment. Hard to say what I'd do if I walked into a TRU today and found several Leias. Don't need to think about it becasue it won't happen. No need to waste time on "what ifs".

Star Matt
08-06-2003, 02:08 PM
I have found almost (keyword here:almost) all the unleashed at retail. Here's the breakdown:
Unleashed Wave 1 (jango, darth maul) Wal*Mart (btw walmart stopped carring the line)

Unleashed Wave 2 (darth, padme, anakin) Kb Toys (have no idea, but I believe they stopped carring the line)

Unleashed Wave 3 (dooku, mace) Meijers (they've stopped carring the line)

Unleashed Wave 4 (leia, darth redux) Toys R Us (apprantly, they are still carring the line)

Unleashed Wave 5 (only found obi-wan) see above (wave 4)

jpak001
08-06-2003, 04:40 PM
I think the Sidious looks best with only one lightning hand attached. That's how I have mine displayed :D I think the whole line is awesome so far!

And as far as scalping these, I would think that spending $15 - $17 a pop would be too much for a scalper to risk.

But then again...... I had a hard enough time getting my Leia.... Who knows, with a little more time I could have been one of those suckers buying her for $50 or whatever they go for on ebay.

kool-aid killer
08-06-2003, 09:00 PM
I dont collect these and was suprised to hear that some are/were hard to find. I dont think many people will be scalping these guys because four of them would cost at least $70 dollars. You would make a decent amount if you did but i cant picture many scalpers walking into a toystore with that much money but i could be wrong. Ive traded a few of these with other forum members but would never sell them on ebay simply because if i dont like paying an inflated amount for something, how can i justify doing that to someone else?

gsr-jedi
08-06-2003, 11:56 PM
Yeah, Sidious is surprisingly cool looking with the lightning in just his left hand.

Mace Windex
08-07-2003, 07:54 PM
Hmm,

I've seen all of them in my ToyS R Us stores except for removable helmet Vader! If I knew Leia was big $$ I would have bought her! I think they are cool but the price is a bit high for me to collect them. I ahven't bought any yet.

Mace