PDA

View Full Version : Why did Hasbro change the POTJ package for only 6 figures?!

ChronicJedi
11-23-2001, 02:40 AM
Anybody care to speculate? Since Hasbro Canada didn't bother to change the cardbacks for ANY new waves, I'm worried I just may not see the last 6 in the POTJ line as with Episode 1 line some 2 years ago.

If they knew they'd be switching to a whole new line why change the card format now? I liked the force files!

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 06:56 AM
Look at the Flashback figures from '98, they were the only ones with that silly gimmicky packaging. This seems like the same type of thing to me.

cjranck
11-24-2001, 12:27 PM
Man, I totally agree with Chronic Jedi. I really dig the force files, and to change them at the end of the line seems pretty idiotic. I just recently started to collect the pack ins, and I am only 5 short of the force files (R2-D2, Tusken Raider, Boss Nass, Leia General, and Mas Amedia). For some reason, the Leia Generals have really dried up. By the way, does anyone know when the last 6 POTJ figs are supposed to show up at retail stores?

GNT
11-25-2001, 01:07 AM
Originally posted by ChronicJedi
Anybody care to speculate? Since Hasbro Canada didn't bother to change the cardbacks for ANY new waves, I'm worried I just may not see the last 6 in the POTJ line as with Episode 1 line some 2 years ago.

If they knew they'd be switching to a whole new line why change the card format now? I liked the force files!

It probably cost so much to make the darn Force File they decided not to bother and save the 10 cents :)

Beast
11-25-2001, 05:28 PM
The new cards look very cool, to bad we have to loose the force files though. I thought they were the best pack-in hasbro has ever done for the line, since they don't seem to want to do stands.

Course, I'm probably in the minority...since I also loved the commtech chips. Atleast they made a semi-decent stand, I really didnt care if they sounded horrible.

Still, as I mentioned in a past post, I think a simple plastic stand with a small sticker name-plate for each figure would be the ideal pack in. Sadly knowing hasbro, we'll never see it happen.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks