PDA

View Full Version : Which droid would/have you voted for?

Pendo
07-31-2003, 03:46 PM
If your a hyperspace member, you get to chose which droid Obi-Wan uses in Episode III. Which one do you prefer and why?

For me it is too tough a choice. Droid #4 looks very similar to droids we've seen before, but the copper panels on a bronze dome sound really cool. Droid #3 looks quite different, but could seem a little loud on screen. I'd say for me it's between droids #1 and #2. I have voted for number 2 though :), but so far #4 is winning the votes.

http://www.starwars.com/hyperspace/about/news/news20030731.html

PENDO!

Jargo
07-31-2003, 04:27 PM
Bronze and copper deffo. Bored of metallic grey ones and those stripes would come out awful on a toy so the brightly coloured one wins for me.

Battle Droid
07-31-2003, 05:24 PM
I guess this is the droid Bies was talking about on the chat.

I voted for the Bronze & Copper one.

DarthChuckMc
07-31-2003, 06:02 PM
I picked bronze/copper.

LTBasker
07-31-2003, 08:15 PM
Bronze/Copper, sadly it's the most original one there. The others are just horridly decorated, pretty boring.

Whatever happened to "I don't recall ever owning a droid" and yet they're calling this Obi-Wan's astromech?

plo koon 200
07-31-2003, 09:37 PM
This was a though call. When voting I thought about what one would make the coolest toy and would love to have them all. But, from the bronze/copper sounds the best so I voted for that one. However, I do agree the bronze/copper looks like most other R2 units and the others are more original, so, I hope all four of them appear in the movie somehow.

Pendo
08-13-2003, 09:41 AM
Here's what the new R2(?) unit looks like :).

PENDO!

scruffziller
08-13-2003, 10:23 AM
I can't choose!!!!!! They're all cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Jargo
08-13-2003, 10:25 AM
You don't have to choose no more if you look at the pic above that's the one that won. :) Cool bronze dome R2 unit toys ahoy!! ARRRRR :Pirate:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2003, 06:55 PM
Well, that's good. He looks cool. Is he the droid from the new Jedi starfighter?

Pendo
08-13-2003, 08:00 PM
Well, that's good. He looks cool. Is he the droid from the new Jedi starfighter?
He's Obi's new droid. R4-P17 is also returns for Episode III (with a body!!!). So much for Obi-Wan never remembering owning a droid :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

Beast
08-13-2003, 08:07 PM
He's Obi's new droid. R4-P17 is also returns for Episode III (with a body!!!). So much for Obi-Wan never remembering owning a droid :rolleyes:!

PENDO!
He never did own one, they're just the droid assigned to his Jedi Starfighter. After all, the Jedi Starfighters are supplied to the Jedi by the Republic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

TheDarthVader
08-14-2003, 10:54 PM
I am glad that bronze droid won. He looks cool.

I would have to agree 100% with JJB. Kenobi never "owns" a droid. Lets say you rent a car...do you "own" it. No! These droids are lended to the Jedi to aid them. They neither own the starships nor the droids.

scruffziller
08-15-2003, 01:36 PM
You don't have to choose no more if you look at the pic above that's the one that won. :) Cool bronze dome R2 unit toys ahoy!! ARRRRR :Pirate:

True but thinking back in time, I still can't choose. But the look of it in real bronze model is way cool!!!!:crazed: