PDA

View Full Version : Duel in Yoda's quarters?

Pendo
07-31-2003, 02:56 PM
The latest set diary gives information on a confrontation with Count Dooku and explains that "Specially patterned lighting gives some suggestions as to where it may take place." From looking at the lighting on the pic, you can clearly see that the scene takes place in Yoda's quarters. The lighting of Yoda's quarters was the subject of another set diary. Who is dueling? Yoda??? Mace???

PENDO!

The Overlord Returns
07-31-2003, 03:27 PM
My guess would be Yoda......

But that has nothing to do with the fact that it takes place in Yoda's quarters....;)

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 03:50 PM
It's MACE I guess.

Jedi Clint
07-31-2003, 07:10 PM
If you look behind Dooku and George, there is a dark gloved hand attached to a dark clad arm and shoulder resting on a lighstaber prop. Although George's large noggin blocks out much of the character's head, you can make out light colored hair.

While it may very well be Yoda's chambers, I am almost positive that it is Anakin he is dueling in that environment!

plo koon 200
07-31-2003, 08:39 PM
I think you are right. It looks like all the other pics of Anakin we've seen. By the way Pendo, they already stated that Yoda will not battle Count Dooku.

CloneTrooperMace
07-31-2003, 09:19 PM
Form the pic I attached.The red arrow is a jedi(maybe).The green arrow another Jedi(maybe) and the blue arrow is Ankin(maybe).That's what i think that going on in this pis.

-CTM-

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2003, 12:21 PM
This is cool! And now we know that Count Dooku is wearing the same costume. Looks like Anakin will fight him again, hopefully even kill him. :)

TheDarthVader
08-01-2003, 03:46 PM
After seeing this photo, I am 90% sure that Anakin will kill Dooku. Cool! Of course, we speculated this...Luke did not kill Vader in ROTJ, but Anakin will kill Dooku to take his place "at Palpatine's side". Neat!

2-1B
08-01-2003, 11:55 PM
Who is standing off to George's right? :confused:

Padme in a hood? Just a wild and random guess . . .

InsaneJediGirl
08-02-2003, 05:38 PM
I was thinking the person standing off to the right was just a crew member?Make-Up artist or something?

A duel in Yodas quarters would be awesome,always wanted to see how the troll lives in the Jedi Temple.

hamsterboy
08-02-2003, 06:04 PM
Well,that's one duel down.

Master Plo- Koon
08-03-2003, 03:59 PM
I think its the lower levels of a ship. The light could be flowing through grates from the deck of possibly a confederate ship, during the final battle at the start of the movie.

I agree, its anakin who probably will fight and kill dooku, but I doubt this is going to be in yodas quarters. Mainly because that would imply that yoda would be there and would contradict the saying that dooku and yoda will not fight each other again.

jawaboy
08-03-2003, 08:46 PM
This duel with Yoda doesn't necessarily have to be on Coruscant or in a building. I think it is a ship as well, but I'm not sure exactly what "Yoda's quarters" means.

My inclination is that this duel is going to be onboard an Imperial-type ship, probably being used by Yoda. I think Yoda is going to be captured by Dooku and his cronies (similar to how the Tantive IV was captured).

I really believe that Dooku's final battle will take place on Dagobah and Dooku will die in the "cave" where Luke goes to. There is a personal sadness that Yoda feels towards that place, not just because of the dark side. He lost his Padawan learner there.

I've always believed that this "cave" wasn't really a cave. It was a spaceship opening submerged in mud, overgrown with roots and life. It's how Yoda got to Dagobah and its where Dooku died.

I suspect that Yoda's quarters is in a spaceship and that it will become the final resting place of Dooku, buried deep in the sludge of Dagobah.

Jargo
08-04-2003, 05:54 AM
That is a lovely theory. A psuedo Imperial ship would be plausible. Perhaps even a republic cruiser MKII. Or even aboard some space station.... Obi-Wan sure knows that the death star in ANH isn't a moon so he must have seen something similar before. The MK1 prototype death star perhaps? Based on the Trade federation core ship and larger but not as large as the DS1. We know there's going to be bad droids of a new design in the movie so surely this is where they'll be? A Jedi incursion to destroy the deadly space station and a rematch of the Dooku Anakin saber duel. That sounds perfect to me. But i do like how the cave on Dagobah could be a part of the wreckage. The thing was in orbit around a murky planet where no-one would go and that's where yoda chooses to go when he's forced into hiding. The cave doesn't necessarily contain the spirit of anyone in particular but rather the essence of evil that built the space station and the intent behind it is what pervades the wreckage. The memories of what it represents are what Yoda feels.

Incidentaly, has Hayden beefed up much for EP3? His costume is very Dark lord like but is it Vader-esque in build and stature?

joe-da
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Well, the "cave" in ESB did look like it was some sort of fabricated structure. It could be a ship of sorts, as well.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2003, 01:07 PM
I think its the lower levels of a ship. The light could be flowing through grates from the deck of possibly a confederate ship, during the final battle at the start of the movie.

In one of the web diaries, it stated that blinds were used in front of the lighting rigs to simulate light coming into the windows of buildings on Coruscant. Chances are pretty good that this IS the "Yoda's quarters" "set" or at least another part of the Jedi Council.