PDA

View Full Version : Geonosian War Chamber Review

Hellboy
07-31-2003, 06:12 PM
Well I got lucky today and ran into the Saga Scenes and man am I impressed. :sur: Just a few of my thoughts I thought I'd share.

Geonosian War Chamber

-Poggle the Lesser: Excellent sculpt and paint. I was very surprised with the amount of detail in his outfit. His cane is very cool and actually looks like some sort of animal bone. Poggle couldn't look any better IMO. My favorite figure of the group.
Rating A+

-San Hill: Another great sculpt. He's a little bit more skinny than I expected (we're talking Lama Su skinny) but overall I think he looks very accurate. He definately has an eraser head and kind of resembles Beaker from the muppets minus the hair.
Rating B

-Count Dooku: Well he's not much different than past Dooku's but he does look good. The head sculpt seems to be the exact same as The Sith Lord figure from '02 though but the Death Star plans are a great addition.
Rating B

-Packaging/Accessories: This is one of the best looking packages I've seen produced ever. If you leave your figures unopened you should be very happy with the overall look. The cardboard background and floor look so good I actually saved mine rather than throwing them away when I opened it. The War Table looks great but actually resembles a berry tart, crust and all. I do wish however they would've made the mini AT-TE's and soldiers on the table a different color than red because they tend to blend in a little to much. The packages bubble is surprisingly quite sturdy, so for the non-openers your chances of finding mint packaging should be good. I can't find anything bad to say about this set and for $20 it's well worth it.
Rating A

Overall Rating A

INDIANA
08-02-2003, 07:29 AM
I liked this set as well. Very nicely done. My 1 complaint is that the Death Star Plans are not supposed to come out of his hand. Their rubber banded in like crazy and when I finally got all that off and removed the plans I found it was glued on and keft silver paint on his hand. The package background can be used as a display background. I used a game piece holder to keep it up and it looks great.

10/10

OC47150
08-12-2003, 12:21 PM
Is Dooku a new sculpt? Does he have an action feature?

mista_carrot
08-12-2003, 02:47 PM
Is Dooku a new sculpt? Does he have an action feature?

Dooku is sort of a new sculpt...his body and skirt are definitely from the first Dooku figure, but his arms and legs are new, I think. His head could also be the same as the original. He does not have an action feature. Oh, and the Death Star plans weren't glued to my Dooku figure's hand, nor did it leave any paint behind. INDIANA, they probably put the plans in your Dooku's hand before the paint was dry.

Battle Droid
09-07-2003, 07:23 PM
Poggler the Lesser is awesome, excellant detail on him. He's my favorite Screen Scene & Geonosian figure so far.

OC47150
09-08-2003, 07:44 AM
I picked one up Saturday, and I agree, Hellboy, that Poggle is the best of the three. San Hill is good, too. I think it's great that Hasbro is giving us two new figures with these sets.

Hellboy
09-08-2003, 07:53 PM
Yeah It's nice to see figures of Geonosians other than the Warrior. Poggle is a great and unique figure and the new starfighter pilot w/ breathing apparatus coming out with the Geonosian Starfighter looks cool as well. Hopefully we'll continue to get different types of Geonosians produced over time.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-14-2003, 05:05 PM
Along with Jedi Council 2 I found War Room 2 at Target yesterday. Here's a review:
*Shu Mai: An awesome sculpt. She is taller than average, which is odd (she looks so small). She only has shoulder and right elbow articulation, and she has a hard time standing up. 7/10
*Nute Gunray: He looks pretty good. Most of him is the same from the Episode I release, but the colors may be different. He moves at the head, shoulders, waist, and legs. Unfortunately, he has his wrinkles painted on, like the Episode I Nute and Rune figures (Lott Dod looks much better). His eyes look crappy, the top half is yellow and the bottom half red, and one of them is lop-sided. 6/10
*Passel Argente. His sculpt is dead-on. He has head, shoulder, and elbow articulation. I have nothing bad to say about him. 10/10
The table, from what I can tell from the pics on the back, is the same as the table from the first set. Wat Tambor's little thing fits on there, but doesn't plug in to anything. All in all, I give it 8/10

Hellboy
09-15-2003, 06:35 PM
Yeah JabbaJohnL I found the second sets too and love them. I found that with a little cutting the cardboard pieces make a nice square diorama area for all the War Council to fit in including Wat Tambor and his accessory. I also put a light under the War Room table and it really looks cool lit up. :D