PDA

View Full Version : Jedi High Council Review

Hellboy
07-31-2003, 07:45 PM
Jedi High Council

-Even Piell: Finally we get this figure and he's worth the wait. Great sculpt, his face looks very accurate and detailed. The only thing I would've liked to have seen would be a Lightsaber hilt.
Rating A-

-Oppo Rancisis: O.K. this guy is just strange. Don't get me wrong I like the figure but his tail is HUGE and his body is so small. Interesting character and he looks very good.
Rating A-

-Mace Windu: Well the streak is over we finally have a good Mace Windu figure. Good sculpt and I like the soft goods although it is 1 piece and not split at the legs like the pictures show. Some wrist articulation would've been nice but I didn't expect it.
Rating B+

-Packaging/Accessories: This is what really makes this set special IMO. The chairs are cool and the holographic image stand, altough quite small looks great. You can just tell this is going to look so good once we can put a full Council together. The overall quality put into the packaging will definately be appreciated by the non-opening collectors.
Rating A

Overall the only fault I see are the figures lack of lightsaber hilts and articulation but since these figures are meant to be seated thats not such a big deal. Looks like I need another Arena Accessory Pack.
Overall Rating A-

INDIANA
08-02-2003, 08:24 AM
I had some problems with this set.

Oppo is WAY too small. When I oppenned the set and put all the Jedi Coucil members together he really sticks out. He has two arms under his robes which were a nice touch, but he is useless to display off the chair.

Peill is a good figure BUT the paint jobs on his hands and head are COMPLETELY different and he looks odd with this.

Mace the face is a little off but otherwise fine.

The base. The chairs are WAY too small. When put together with the Yoda chair they look WAY too small as well. IMO 6 sections would make a circle. 5 wouls leave a space for visitors addressing the cousil to enter. This would be fine as the chairs are removable and could be evenly spaced around 5 sections. BUT, Hasblo has managed to poke SOOO many holes in the base for packageing purposes and SOOO many pegs for chairs/figures that the floor would look odd IMO with all these holes and pegs in it. The hologram is also not removeable. I took mine off and ANOTHER HOLE and sone silver paint left over.

The package background can be cut out and used as a display background. There's a slot behind the chairs for it.

I would have to give the set only a 4. The war room is much better.

JEDIpartner
08-04-2003, 02:56 PM
I would have to give the set only a 4. The war room is much better.

A "4" out of "10" or "5"?

mista_carrot
08-09-2003, 04:25 PM
Click HERE (http://starwars.carrotnetwork.com/reviews/2003/screenscene/jedicouncil/index.html) for my review and photos of this set. Personally, I like this set better than the Geonosian War Chamber set. I think overall this set has better figures and an impressive base. The sculpting on Even and Oppo are great, but Mace looks a bit rushed and less detailed. I like his sitting pose though. Even Piell sits well in Yoda's chair if you have one, you just have to remove his cloak. This set is definitely worth buying!

AmanaMatt
08-15-2003, 02:40 PM
I have to say that when I saw this in the stores, I passed.

Piel looks good.

The face on Mace looks way to goofy and the other one seems to tiny....

RussUAE
09-01-2003, 10:39 AM
I like the figures, but the base could have been better.

When you put it together with the base from the second set, the chairs where the sets join are really close together, whereas on each individual base they are quite well spaced out. In fact Yaddle's Chair doesn't even fit entirely on the base and it sticks out over the edge.

Loved the War Room though.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-13-2003, 10:14 PM
Oddly enough, I found set 2 of both Jedi Council and War Room, but have never seen set 1. :confused:
I'll review the set, though:
*Yarael Poof - Great likeness, but he looks kind of mad. His lower robes are made of cloth. He doesn't have four arms, but he has lots of articulation: shoulders, elbows, wrists, waist, legs, knees. He can even kind of hold on to the sides of his chair (which seems kind of small). 9/10
*Depa Billaba: Very nice looking. Unfortunately she cannot sit down, her robe doesn't come apart. Her head seems kind of flimsy, but it's okay. She has head, shoulders, elbows and wrists articulation. 7/10
*Yaddle: A great figure! She looks perfect, except for her toes (which should be plus two, but I'll let it slide). She has shoulder, elbow and unileg piece articulation. Her chair is the same size as Yoda's from 1999 and 2002, which seems kind of too big for her because she is in the right scale (unlike the huge Yoda). 9/10
There is a backdrop that can be cut and placed in the little thing behind them, and it is from Anakin's test in TPM or Obi, Mace and Yoda's discussion from AOTC. Unfortunately the columns end all of a sudden, like on the other set. There is a small bump on the front of the set, maybe for another figure, or the little Obi-Wan from the other set?
All in all, set 2 gets 8/10

Phantom-like Menace
11-18-2003, 05:40 PM
I finally got these sets! If I can only get Coleman Trebor, I'll have finally gotten all of the Jedi High Council Members.

I'm going to more or less agree with most of what was said above, but you guys who opened them left out one play feature. They come in Deluxe, Inescapable, Plastic Prisons! Yes, each one of these figures is incarcerated as though awaiting terrible execution as the most horrible and murderous criminals in the galaxy. Foil your playmates' plans by locking his crafty figures away in one of six high-security restraining constructs and rule the galaxy with your own figures who are free and clear from such dastardly constraint from which nothing can escape!