PDA

View Full Version : Hologram Luke + Vader

plo koon 200
07-31-2003, 09:11 PM
At the home page check it out for pics of holo Luke + Vader. It seems like holo figures were planned before Sidous. Both of them are awesome. Why the heck have we not gotten these yet. I would like Hasbro to make these.

TheDarthVader
07-31-2003, 09:14 PM
Make them Hasbro, make them!! Unfortunately, the luke does look like a potf2 figure. :(

Simdog
07-31-2003, 09:43 PM
Since its an old sculpt, Hasbro can do a Jabbas palace 4 pack and put the holo Luke in there. They are nothing more than rehased sets anyway. I always wanted a Holo Luke and if this POTF2 version is the only version that I could have, I'd still take it.

The only time Vader was holographic was when he was speaking with General Veers during the battle of Hoth. They may have a Veers Prototype figure too or Vader may have been scrapped from The At-At.

evenflow
07-31-2003, 10:43 PM
I say make them. I would buy them.

otter
07-31-2003, 11:04 PM
I would definitely, definitely buy them (that is, if I was able to find them).

JediTricks
07-31-2003, 11:13 PM
I would like these too, but Luke needs his holographic robe as well. This is far from impossible though, there was a translucent robe for the unproduced Nute Gunray and the Harry Potter toy line had one too.

plo koon 200
07-31-2003, 11:15 PM
Why dosen't Hasbro release holograh figurees? Don't see they are popular. I mean look Holo Sidious goes for around $30 and R2 W/holoLeia went for a lot of money until he was dumped.

krisvds
08-01-2003, 10:03 AM
I am sorry, but it appear these are CUSTOMS... :eek:

here is the pic from the main page
http://www.figures.com/databases/news/starwars/31/787.jpg

here is the custom
http://forums.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=001977#000000

:crazed:

sith_killer_99
08-01-2003, 12:45 PM
Why dosen't Hasbro release holograh figurees? Don't see they are popular. I mean look Holo Sidious goes for around $30 and R2 W/holoLeia went for a lot of money until he was dumped.

Holo Sid goes for big $$$$ because he was produced in low numbers at the end of the EP1 line. R2-D2 with holo Leia was also a low production figure, though several more have poped up over the last couple of years.

Just look at Nute with holo Sidious and Count Dooku with holo Sidious. Both are fairly easy to come by now. I think Hasbro is still feeling a little burned by all those Holo Qui-Gon and Maul Wal-Mart exclusives that had to be clearanced.

Don't get me wrong, holo figs are cool, but I wouldn't base their strength on Holo Sidious and R2 with Leia.

otter
08-01-2003, 02:23 PM
Yeah, I don't know why, but I always thought those holographic figures were cool. I'm surprised the Wal-Mart Episode I holographic figures didn't sell so well--I thought they were pretty cool with the light-up base and everything. I can see why Qui-Gon wouldn't sell well, since he never appeared in the movie that way.

Does anyone remember how well the Jedi Spirits cinema scenes sold?

Dr Zoltar
08-01-2003, 06:47 PM
I think Hasbro is still feeling a little burned by all those Holo Qui-Gon and Maul Wal-Mart exclusives that had to be clearanced.

I never even saw these in the store. Must have been short packed in my region. I would have picked them up at the time.

sith_killer_99
08-01-2003, 08:29 PM
These were pretty neat, but I think the packaging turned collectors off a bit, they were too big and bulky with those bases. They probably would have done better without the base and packed on a standard card.

I personally like the holo figures and would like to see more in the line, packed on basic cards.

darthzirock
08-01-2003, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I had a feeling these were custom figures. Sorry, but somebody was pulling an April Fool's prank 9 months early (or 3 months late). The Luke figure just smacked of custom--the plastic just looked "wrong," far too shiny (obviously, a clear resin). Most likely, the figure was cast in several parts and assembled to give it that articulated "look." (I think it is a casting of the "Complete Galaxy" Tatooine Luke, by the way.) The Vader custom looks good enough to be a Hasbro production figure, though! Nice job!