PDA

View Full Version : Do you want Hasbro to put out more Jedi Council screen scenes?

otter
08-01-2003, 01:37 AM
The new screen scenes are probably my favorite toys that Hasbro has put out in quite some time. There's only one problem, at least with the Jedi Council set...It doesn't look like we're ever going to be able to create a complete Council room. I'd be willing to buy additional sets even though they'd probably be made of rehashed figures. Most of the Council members that we already have need some knee articulation anyway, otherwise they'd look a little silly just standing around their chairs. I know Eeth Koth would look like he's picking a fight with the Council members.

Can anyone think of an effective way Hasbro could finish off the Council room? The main problems I see are:
1) I estimate that we'd need 4 or 5 total floor pieces to "finish" the room, so it could get pretty expensive if each set is $20

2) Even if Hasbro did release enough floor pieces to connect them all together, there would still be a huge chunk missing out of the center of the room.

3) Most of the remaining sets would probably consist of rehashed figures

4) There's only 2 chairs in each set

The chair problem could probably be fixed if a few of the newer sets came with more chairs. As for the big chunk missing from the middle of the room, I'm not so sure what would be best. I suppose Hasbro could turn it into another screen scene, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be since the floor piece would be pretty big. Maybe Hasbro could release a Jedi Council 4-pack and package the middle floor piece with it.

Any other ideas?

JEDIpartner
08-01-2003, 09:43 AM
No. But, they'd better not stop making these! They are only part way done!

CloneTrooperMace
08-01-2003, 10:20 AM
Make the Council room yourself....The FFURG has great tips on make stuff....that's were I got tips for my Padawan Training Room Or try NubNub's he was making a Council room some time ago.

-CTM-

droidekas2
08-01-2003, 11:09 AM
It is doubtful that they will make the rest of the sets or anything to add to or finish off the council room. Hasbro quite often "drops the ball". Note the cantina bar sets. All they need to do is give us a curved bar piece with a "most wanted" cantina patron to finish off the bar. Better yet, another piece with the center "distillery" works and another patron.

But we know none of that is going to happen either.
Whenever they come up with a good idea they drop it mid way through before it is finished.

TheDarthVader
08-01-2003, 01:20 PM
I agree with you. Hasbro seems to give up too early on great ideas. I have been wanting a curved bar section since the sets were released. I doubt we'll ever get one. I do not believe there will be any more council scenes after the two. Hasbro will move on to another "great" idea.

Devo
08-03-2003, 08:54 PM
Its great how we can all be so justifiably cynical regarding Hasbro and their ways..the penchant for dropping good ideas a spectacular case in point. There'll be no exception here. Screen scenes will die a death for no good reason.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2003, 09:31 PM
Some of the Jedi probably won't be rereleased. We do need another Shaak Ti to sit, as well as Eeth Koth, but give Coleman, Plo and Saesee cloaks and you're golden. For the middle, they could release TPM Anakin, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon, or AOTC Anakin, Obi-Wan and Jocasta Nu or something. I still need to find these, but I cannot wait!

JEDIpartner
08-04-2003, 09:29 AM
I think the difference between these and the Cantina sets are that these contain completely new figures/sculpts as opposed to re-tooled versions of previously existing figures/sculpts. While it was a nice idea, the Cantina sets were no longer "essential" piece for collectors as variations of the Mos Eisley Cantina had been manufactured over the years. This is the first time the Jedi Council has been manufactured in any form. I admit, I really wish the Cantina sets would be finished up but I can live without them. The Jedi Council is definitely key.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-04-2003, 09:33 AM
I think a good diorama scene would be the interior of the Falcon. You could have Han at the computer thing w/ Obi-WAn next to him, Luke w/ helmet (w/ blast shield) and behind him, Chewie and the bots playing. Granted, it would be a huge set, but it would rule. :D

stillakid
08-04-2003, 10:09 AM
I talked with the Hasbro Rep in San Diego about this set. He said that currently there are no plans at all to do anymore. He also said, if I remember correctly, that it would take 6 sets to make a complete circle.

In a related story, he also mentioned that the other 3 Cantina scenes WILL be released to stores so DON'T pay scalpers exhorbitant amounts of money for any of them.

aceguide
08-04-2003, 11:26 AM
I certainly hope that they continue this line - it's very cool.

I have to agree with JEDIPartnr regarding the Cantina. They just rehashed old figures with some bar pieces. I would have bought just the sections of the bar if given that option.

So I am afraid they will base the Jedi Council decision on bad data - the Canitina.

otter
08-04-2003, 02:19 PM
It's gonna take 6 sets to complete the circle? Ouch.

Jargo
08-04-2003, 04:22 PM
I calculated five to get a complete set of council members. Six to complete the circle maybe but the council chamber isn't a complete circle of chairs because there's a gap for the entrance. Even so it seems yet again hasbro start something and never finish it. Like making one character from a scene and never giving you a companion character for six years. Typical behaviour and much to be expected.

dindae
08-04-2003, 06:42 PM
The way I see it as long as they keep it two out of three figures being totally new the sets will sell. Looking back at the cinema scences you can tell this holds true. The Cantina Showdown, Purchase of the Droids, Tatooine Showdown, and Mos Espa Encounters all rotted on the shelves because of figures that we had with no real improvement to the sculpt. Why the even thought we needed more anikans as a little boy I will never know. They could have easily improved sales by swapping him with Gragra the Chuba Peddler. So if the do make the rest of the jedi coucil sets I would like to see the rescuplts spread out as much as possible. Also it would help if they would make them like the Mace in the first one with cloth around the waist. I can see either 2 more for 12 jedi or 4 more for 12 chairs. Of course since they are putting more figures per chair than they will run out of council members. If this happen, which I doubt, I would like to see either some EU jedi that have been on the council or some resculpt of super posed jedi like Luminara and Bariss.

As far as other scences I would like to see:
The Imperial meeting in New Hope
Mission briefing in Return of the Jedi
Cantina
Jabba's Palace
Ewok Village

and hopefully they will make the Tatooine Homestead and Coruscant Night Club sets

stillakid
08-04-2003, 08:21 PM
I calculated five to get a complete set of council members. Six to complete the circle maybe but the council chamber isn't a complete circle of chairs because there's a gap for the entrance. Even so it seems yet again hasbro start something and never finish it. Like making one character from a scene and never giving you a companion character for six years. Typical behaviour and much to be expected.

My conversation with "Hasbro" at SDCC was enlightening. My own expectation had been that there was some semblence of logical thought that went into choosing which characters get produced and when. Quite the opposite it seems. There is no large committee or large report that decides what we'll see. Instead, it is a very small group of people, a handful really, that basically just come up with stuff off the cuff. "Who should we make next?" sums it up best. The repeating core characters are primarily aimed at those people "who are just getting into collecting." So, say, if your neighbor just crawled from under a rock and saw the movies for the first time, he would apparently be more enticed to start collecting the toys if he could find the core characters on the shelves. Where the regular and long term collectors see endless and useless resculpts, the theory is that Hasbro is giving new collectors the opportunities to add the primary characters to their collections at a retail price.

In light of that, my attitude toward "asking" Hasbro for things has changed a bit. It is apparent that they do read the Dear Hasbro section (and maybe some of the others) as well as comments made in other action figure web sites. I think that if "we" continue to nicely request some items and backup the request with some really really good reasons why they should make this stuff, we just might get it.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-04-2003, 09:58 PM
The new screen scenes are probably my favorite toys that Hasbro has put out in quite some time. There's only one problem, at least with the Jedi Council set...It doesn't look like we're ever going to be able to create a complete Council room. I'd be willing to buy additional sets even though they'd probably be made of rehashed figures. Most of the Council members that we already have need some knee articulation anyway, otherwise they'd look a little silly just standing around their chairs. I know Eeth Koth would look like he's picking a fight with the Council members.

Can anyone think of an effective way Hasbro could finish off the Council room? The main problems I see are:
1) I estimate that we'd need 4 or 5 total floor pieces to "finish" the room, so it could get pretty expensive if each set is $20

2) Even if Hasbro did release enough floor pieces to connect them all together, there would still be a huge chunk missing out of the center of the room.

3) Most of the remaining sets would probably consist of rehashed figures

4) There's only 2 chairs in each set

The chair problem could probably be fixed if a few of the newer sets came with more chairs. As for the big chunk missing from the middle of the room, I'm not so sure what would be best. I suppose Hasbro could turn it into another screen scene, but I'm not sure how feasible that would be since the floor piece would be pretty big. Maybe Hasbro could release a Jedi Council 4-pack and package the middle floor piece with it.

Any other ideas?

Assuming they might finish the jedi council thing lets go

1)I have to agree with you on that but if you bought them like 1 or 2 months apart it wouldn't seem like that and it would pay off because it would look so darn cool!

2) What's keeping them from making a center peice? like Qui-Gon with Ani and Obi in the background?

3)Why do you think that? First they would need proper articulation to sit thus most would need rehashed they might chunk in Yoda because he has had so many sculpt and he doesn't need more than his basic articulation to sit.... And if they were thinking rehash why'd they make a new mace? they have plenty of crappy ones that can sit but no they were cool and gave us a decent nuetral sitting one

4) Uhhh yeah so It's a marketing thing if you buy all the sets twice you can have the EP1 council and the EP2 council... I guess if you wanted an extra chair you could but well.... thus to balance it out they'd have to make another figure wich would be 3 chairs 4 figs and 30 or 35 something bucks.... Unless you're dumb and want a 24 member council wich is what a few people haven't seemed to grasp yet

Another idea? stop complaining these sets have all new sculps for all three figures with two of those never being released if they didn't make these you'd be one of the people comlaining for them to make a set like this... you people are never pleased......

otter
08-05-2003, 04:06 AM
Assuming they might finish the jedi council thing lets go

Another idea? stop complaining these sets have all new sculps for all three figures with two of those never being released if they didn't make these you'd be one of the people comlaining for them to make a set like this... you people are never pleased......

Sorry. I never intended for this to be an anti-Hasbro thread...I meant for it to be more of a brainstorming session. If Hasbro decides not to make any more Jedi Council scene packs, maybe we could come up with a few realistic ways Hasbro could release the remaining floor pieces and complete the Council Room. I'd hate to see such a cool concept go to waste.

And it looks like I got my action figure terminology a little mixed up and forgot what the word "rehash" meant. Basically, I was trying to say that any future scene packs would probably consist of characters that Hasbro has already made figures for...like Plo Koon, Saesee Tiin, Adi Galia etc. Personally, I wouldn't mind if we got new sculpts of these figures since they need more articulation to sit. However, I can see how Hasbro might be worried that future scene packs without any brand new characters would not sell.

Jargo
08-05-2003, 12:17 PM
Here's how I see it:

Eeth koth and Coleman Trebor seated with Adi Gallia
Saesee Tiin, Plo Koon and Shaak Ti seated.
Yoda, Ki-Adi Mundi seated and Madame Jocasta Nu.

Then there's the council of episode three which by all accounts is a smaller number. That would be say - six more figures or two more sets. Five sets total. Manageable I think even for hasbroken if they don't drag their feet.

Personally I highly doubt we'll get more than the two we have.
Other jedi we could get single carded or twin packed, if hasbroken were feeling generous, that aren't council members:

Roth-Del Masona (the black dude with grey hair),
Serissa Jeng (human female) with high forehead
Bultar Swan (human female),
Pablo Jill, (bow legged ugly as sin Jedi in temple and Geonosian arena)
Agen Kolar (Zabrak like Eeth Koth)
Tarados Gon (Klaatooinian),
Sarr Labooda (female human),
Sora Bulq (Weequay),
Stass Allie (human female),
Joclad Danva (human male, double saber twirling guy with pony tail).
Tan Yuster, human padawan boy to Agen Kolar
Jack the chubby padawan learner from the library
Liam and Mari Amethist baby Jedi padawan

More than enough to be getting on with rather than repacking the same old same old core characters. The new collectors DO NOT WANT CORE CHARACTERS HASBRO!!! The core characters are tired and boring and people whether new collectors or collectors of old want the cool new characters before the resculpts. :rolleyes:

otter
08-05-2003, 02:23 PM
I like the lineup you have there, Emperor Jargo. I think the standing Jedi in each set could be a non-Council member (preferably one Hasbro hasn't already released), that way collectors won't feel like there's a chair mysteriously missing from each set.

By the way, where did you find the names for all those Jedi? I've only heard of a few of them on your list--Bultar Swan, Pablo Jill, & Stass Alie. My favorite name has got to be "Jack." Very creative and exotic-sounding. They could've at least changed the spelling to "Jak" or something :D

Jargo
08-05-2003, 06:05 PM
All the names are officially listed in various places at the official site strangely enough :D Some in the databank and some in special features and some in the image attack picture descriptions. I know I've missed a couple off but i couldn't find the names and it takes so long to dig through the archives. I agree that a Jedi standing should be a non council member.
Maybe if the screen scene idea gets ditched they could at least continue with the 3-pack carded stuff like the clone wars 3-packs we have. Then release an accessory set with chairs that you could buy multiples of to complete your set for the council.
Now not all the Jedi will get made that's for sure. The really obscure ones won't but the higher profile ones like Bultar Swan and Pablo Jill should be made, Del-Roth Masona. I like the idea of a 2-pack with Agen Kolar and Tan Yuster his padawan. Or Madame Jocasta Nu packed with Jack. Re-using the baby padawan body a couple more times for Liam and Mari Amethist who are very cute kids.
I don't know, I'd like more padawan learners and I'd like more distinct looking jedi before a total rerun of the Jedi we already have in one form or another. If hasbroken do the three packs carded not boxed then they can cut the cost. put one resculpt and two new figures in each set and Bob's your galaxial lobster! Simple really. :p