PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro's screwing around with case assortments.

Turbowars
08-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Hasbro once again has taken something good and turned it in to crap. Wave 13 (as Entertainment Earth calls it) has 1 per figure in the case. Great assortment to buy online. EE reports that Hasbro has shorted their order and pushed the case back 2 months to per orders. Here's what EE had to say:

Dear Entertainment Earth Visitor / Customer,
I appreciate your comments and your business. You have helped our company grow, and we sincerely appreciate it. From time to time certain topics warrant a clarification from us, and I feel this is one of those times. I would like to clarify the situation about EII Collection 2 (Wave 13), which is no doubt an extremely popular and highly anticipated Star Wars wave.

1) We've already received and shipped well over 300 cases of this assortment to those customers who pre-ordered this item early on.

2) We did bring a *very small* quantity of these cases to Comic-Con to sell there, since it had just arrived. We felt it was important to coordinate with Hasbro and show as many new Star Wars items as they had in their booth. We intentionally raised the price for this item at Comic-Con. Had we known before Comic-Con that our full shipment was going to be delayed, we would have never brought the small quantity to the show.

3) Hasbro indicated that this assortment is in very short supply, but that all orders placed with Entertainment Earth WILL BE FILLED, although it might take some time to do so, perhaps even until September.

4) It is true that similar assortments will be available in September and October. We will announce those assortments on our website shortly. Anyone who ordered Wave 13 is more than welcome to cancel it and re-order a new assortment without any problem.

5) Contrary to what other retailers or forum posts on fan websites might have said, we have not sent out any cancellation notices and we are still accepting orders for this item. If the status of this item changes, a notice will be sent out.

6) We send out monthly email status reports to keep our customers informed on the status of their orders. Customers can also check their order online at anytime. If you do NOT receive one of these monthly email Order Status reports, please update your account or contact customer service so that we have your current email address on file. This will ensure you are kept up-to-date about your orders.

7) Finally, since we never charge credit cards in advance, you can always modify or cancel orders without any hassle. And after your order arrives, our return policies are extremely flexible so you can return anything within 30 days.

If you have any further question about this or anything else, please email our Customer Service - cs@entertainmentearth.com.

Again, I appreciate your business and your feedback. I personally read each and every online comment when an order is placed. I also keep a list of suggestions and website improvements for future development purposes. I always strive to improve everything about our company. Your total satisfaction with Entertainment Earth is crucial to our success.

Sincerely,
Jason Labowitz
President
Entertainment Earth, Inc.[/QUOTE] ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I can't seem to link Kebco's Case assortments, but check them out under case per order. Kebco says one thing and EE says another. While Hasbro claims they have no hand in the issue. Well Hasbro, if online stores are ordering, why aren't you sending cases, if you say you have the product? That's what your Rep said at the SD Comic-Con.

Kidhuman
08-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Well then, I am glad I did not preorder this case as I would not be getting it. I had been eyeing it and decided not to order because I was gonna wait to see if I could get em at retail.

Dr Zoltar
08-03-2003, 12:14 AM
Turbowars,

I agree (I posted the same thing from EE under the Kebco thread). Hasbro LISTEN UP!

Collectors like waves that contain 1 of each new figure. That way we and the retailers can order 1 case and get everything we need.

WHAT IS SO HARD ABOUT THAT? WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM? WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING THIS?

OK, I'll stop now. I'm just so frustrated at not finding anything new in large quantities for a while now. I'm almost thinking of picketing in front of the local WOTC office (they are the closest thing to Hasbro's corporate that are in my area).

Hasbro, do you really not want our money?

tagmac
08-03-2003, 01:09 AM
And if not one of each, pack ONLY the newest figures in each wave, with 3-4 of each. This way, they can be sold as sets instead of just cases, and also allows for more new product flowing in and out of retail.

bobafrett
08-03-2003, 01:35 AM
I forget which cases I ordered through EE, but my order has already been pushed back until August, and maybe September now. Maybe I should have picked up those figures at Wal-Mart.

JediTricks
08-03-2003, 08:43 PM
Zoltar, large retailers wouldn't like cases with just 1 of each. Then the "hot" figure would be sold instantly and in order to get more, they'd have to get any "weak" figure as well in equal numbers. This 1-per-case thing is great for collectors who buy cases and e-tailers like Kebco, but not for TRU and such.

Hasbro has always had a hard time with case assortments on this line, and it is a difficult thing to work with since no proposed solution ever seems to fit the main situations, but I think Hasbro could stand some major improvement here ever since they've stopped using the winning POTJ case-style like the one Tagmac mentioned.

Kidhuman
08-03-2003, 08:57 PM
BUt JT, although the hot figure will fly out of the store so, will the others because there will be no pegwarmers. Most collectors but at least one of each, therefore when they order 20 cases, each of those 20 will sell. Sounds simple enough to me.

JediTricks
08-04-2003, 10:03 PM
Let's look at this only from the large retail chain store's POV. They get a case with 12 separate figures, let's say the breakdown is:
- 3 of them are "hot",
- 5 of them are "ok", and
- 4 are "not so great".

That means for every case the store gets in, they will have 3 different figures that are highly sought-after and disappear instantly, a few figures that sell in a few days, and a few figures that sit and rot. That means for every hot figure, they have to buy cases of product that isn't moving as fast just to get that 1 figure. The ratios there would be more out of whack than they are now... just to get 3 "hot" figure into the hands of the first dozen customers, the stores would have to deal with over 100 other figures from those same 12 cases sitting on the shelves waiting to be bought. Even if 60 more of those figures get bought in the next few days, there's no way the store will be able to put out more of the "hot" figures for a few days because filling the needs of those first dozen customers means that from 108 to 48 figures will be on shelves for those next few days and who knows how many of those last 48 will ever get bought. Would you want a case where you get 1 clonetrooper for every 1 senator Jar Jar?

Kidhuman
08-05-2003, 08:09 AM
Fil it with army builders and 1 f everyone else. Rebel soldiers, Imperial officers, Clone troopers. 2 of each to a case leaves 6 others with 1 of each in it.

Darth Jax
08-05-2003, 08:21 PM
it shouldn't be that hard to figure out the 'ideal' case assortments. figures that will be army builders, generic clones/battle droids should be packed many to a case. troopers with exposed faces aren't going to be bought in the quantity of clones with helmeted faces because of the redundancy factor. character specific pilots won't sell as well as generic pilots. well made sculpts of core characters will always sell, but have the possibilty to peg warm. the only trouble is identifying the ephant mon/aayla secura's of the line. in that case simply include in a later assortment down the road. so if you want a case of 12 figures make half army building fodder. 2 or 3 of a main character and 3 of specific side characters (again generic characters will tend to be bought more than once). as demand for any specific character is noted then include in a later case. in this scenario you have one case with 5 characters.

i also ordered the above mentioned case from EE back in april when it was first listed on their website. i've managed to find nearly every figure contained within at retail already, and am hoping to actual receive it and opening the figs. i keep getting notices of backorders and doubt that it'll be shipped to me in sept as the recent update states.

BoShek
08-05-2003, 08:40 PM
Hasbro still makes Star Wars figures? :crazed:

Jaff
08-05-2003, 08:52 PM
Hasbro just needs to go back to POTJ casing styles. All new figs 3 to a case. I'm still waiting to see someone defending Hasbro's style in their current casing habits. Just a month ago hasbro is saying: "Oh it's the retailers fault" :confused: That's not half the truth. Retailers don't trust SW distribution. Sooner or later people will just say that's it, and Hasbro will be crying wondering what happened! I don't want to see that happen, but if Hasbro insists on ruining the market for these toys we can't stop them. :frus: