PDA

View Full Version : Dukes Of Hazzard (merged)

scruffziller
08-03-2003, 08:43 AM
I read that Ashton Kutcher is playing Luke. Beu is being played by some guy from Fast and Furious. I was looking through some of the old DOH photos and noticed that Tom Welling could pull off a good Luke, wouldn't that be ironic. And Daisy is being played by...... you ready.......

Britney Spears.:crazed:

Kidhuman
08-03-2003, 09:10 AM
Good God man, are they making this a comedy? They could do much better with he casting than that.

Exhaust Port
08-03-2003, 08:17 PM
SWEET JESUS DON"T KILL THE DUKES OF HAZZARD!!!!!!

They've done it to so many other franchises but I didn't care about any of them so no loss until now. IS THERE NO GOD? Next thing they have Justin Timberlake cast to Michael Knight in Knight Rider movie. I believe that is a sign of the apocolypse followed by the 4 Horsemen.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Damn you Exhaust Port, you just KNOW that some studio executive is reading your post and is saying,"Justing Timberlake for Knight Rider.....My God!!! That's Brilliant!!!" and right about..............now, he's calling up his buddies to set up interviews and contract negotiations for the morning. Nooooooooooooo!! Look what you've done!! :crazed:

hehehehehe just messin' :D

Exhaust Port
08-03-2003, 10:54 PM
ARrgh...You're right, I've doomed us all. Nnooooooooooo.......the humanity...

derek
08-04-2003, 05:25 AM
i wonder what flag will be on top of the general lee? maybe the United Nations flag? or the new georgia state flag? there is almost no way the confederate battle flag will be on their car's roof. if it is, they'll get protested! :crazed:

this whole movie sounds like a bad idea.........and Ashton Kutcher is officially an idiot. he turns down superman for this?

and it's "Bo" not "Beu". :D

but you're right scruffziller, i could see tom welling play luke duke. i also heard someone mention ben afflect and matt damon for these roles, but we all know they would be better as "coy and vance"!!! :D :D :crazed:

Exhaust Port
08-04-2003, 07:22 AM
it's "Bo" not "Beu". :D

Le Dukes of Hazzard. ;)

Imperialist_14
08-04-2003, 08:33 AM
Stupid idea! Granted Britney would look real good in them Daisy Dukes!

But that still doesn't justify butchering the Dukes of Hazzard! This is one of my all time favorite shows from the 80's!

And how in the hell are they every going to replace James Best as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane? Can't be done!

Arrogant Arse
08-04-2003, 10:04 AM
They have to use a Confederate flag. Since they'll probably re-use footage from the 1970's TV show (like they did in the 2 TV movies) it'll be easier, you know, for continuity.:crazed:

scruffziller
08-04-2003, 10:39 AM
and it's "Bo" not "Beu". :D
Really????

Wasn't "Bo" short for something?? I always thought it was spelled that way too but I have seen real people with that name and they spelled it "Beu" or something different than "Bo". One time in gradeschool (back when this show was the big thing) I had a workshest assignment that I was doing and I wanted to change my name to one of the charachters so I put in the space "Bo", because I thought I was him. And my teacher exclaimed "who got "Bo" on their paper. I had to raise my hand.:o
i wonder what flag will be on top of the general lee? maybe the United Nations flag? or the new georgia state flag? there is almost no way the confederate battle flag will be on their car's roof. if it is, they'll get protested! :crazed:
I am afraid you are right.:(

And how in the hell are they every going to replace James Best as Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane? Can't be done!
Eugene Levy (Jim's Dad from American Pie) would make a good Rosco.

Kidhuman
08-04-2003, 11:51 AM
Actually in Fridays NY Daily News there was a write up that said the were being considered for the parts. Paul Walker is the guy from Fast and Furious. The article also said they are planning a Get Smart movie. That was another great show they are going to ruin.

scruffziller
08-04-2003, 01:16 PM
The article also said they are planning a Get Smart movie. That was another great show they are going to ruin.

They already did it was called Inspector Gadget 1 & 2.

El Chuxter
08-04-2003, 01:22 PM
They already did it was called Inspector Gadget 1 & 2.

I thought that was a separate TV show being ruined as a movie in and of itself. :crazed:

Though I have no desire to see either, I must give credit to them for casting French Stuart in the sequel. The man just oozes "Go go gadget [fill in the blank]." Much better choice than Ferris Bueller.

BTW, Bo could've been short for Beauregard but spelled as B-O. That's not all that uncommon.

The Overlord Returns
08-04-2003, 01:36 PM
I suppose no one noticed that the main candidate to play Boss Hogg os none other than....Anna Nicole Smith......appropriate, no? ;)

Darth Shifty
08-04-2003, 04:12 PM
The article also said they are planning a Get Smart movie. That was another great show they are going to ruin.

I was a bit leery when I heard about this, but Will Ferrell was just cast as Maxwell Smart. If anyone can make Get Smart a decent film, it's Ferrell.

i also heard someone mention ben afflect and matt damon for these roles, but we all know they would be better as "coy and vance"!!!

Never mention those names again!!! I'm still scarred from that horrible season when I was 6! Dammit, now I have to go back into therapy. Thanks alot! :frus: :crazed:

Arrogant Arse
08-04-2003, 04:30 PM
Coy and Vance, the Anti-Dukes

Jedi Clint
08-04-2003, 05:49 PM
If memory serves me (and it should because I saw this recently as a re-run on TVLand) they jazzed up the new intro for the show when Coy and Vance temporarily took charge of the General Lee. I seem to remember them jumping the gorge just like the originals, but then one of them lit a stick of dynamite (in mid air mind you) and threw it out the window. My question is........Why? Oh those zanny Duke boys jumping gorges and blowin' stuff up ;) I also remember that after the intro, Daisy and Uncle Jesse were discussing the absence of Bo and Luke when all of a sudden the sounds of shouting and a racing engine is followed by the replacement Dukes flying over top of a damned tree (no explanation) and landing their not-as-cool-as-the-General car in Uncle Jesse's front yard........scary stuff! Did they actually think that would draw in wary fans?

Kidhuman
08-04-2003, 08:51 PM
I was a bit leery when I heard about this, but Will Ferrell was just cast as Maxwell Smart. If anyone can make Get Smart a decent film, it's Ferrell.

PHEW!!!!!!!!!! At least it isn't ruined. Ferrel can pull it off. Just hope the rest of the cast is as sweet.

Deoxyribonucleic
08-05-2003, 03:46 AM

TOO LATE!!

mabudonicus
08-05-2003, 10:33 AM
Ahh hcoy and vance... does this mean there's gonna be an "Enos" movie too?? That would be sweet, John Arnold could star..
Joe Flaherty would mebbe make a good roscoe...
What about Cooter?? Mebbe Meatloaf...

Anyone ever see "moonrunners", the movie that "dukes" was based on?? It's pretty cool, makes a LOT more sense than the show, and Uncle Jessie DIES in it, in a fairly funny scene... the film was a lot more about down-south politics and stuff, not too bad actually...
Now if only they make a Small Wonder film (as it looks like kid-oriented stuff is coming back, a la "Freaky Friday")

Oh, and "bo" can be spelled "beau" as in boyfriend...
It means "pretty" or "handsome" in French... on the show it was just "Bo", prolly bocephus or beauregard (actually translates to good looking)

Exhaust Port
08-05-2003, 10:24 PM
Small Wonder movie?! The acting in that show was craptacular and should never be duplicated again.

mabudonicus
08-06-2003, 10:08 AM
Yeah, that show shoulda been called "baffling mystery", since the question of why it was ever even filmed, let alone edited together and actually AIRED, is a hecuva lot more than a "small wonder"... I dunno who was worse, the little robot girl or her harried father, neither one being even remotely entertaining.....
But what about moonrunners?? And "Enos"??

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 10:45 AM
Take a look at this cave art:

http://www.brandonbird.com/twowarriors.html

It seems that our 2 red neck friends also traveled time. :D

I also recommend looking at the rest of this guys art. He might need a new hobby.

http://www.brandonbird.com/sears.html

mabudonicus
08-12-2003, 11:45 AM
Gotta love the internet.... looks like SOMEBODY found the Dukes hidden moonshine cellar... OR the peyote plantation

darthvyn
08-12-2003, 08:24 PM
Take a look at this cave art:

http://www.brandonbird.com/twowarriors.html

It seems that our 2 red neck friends also traveled time. :D

I also recommend looking at the rest of this guys art. He might need a new hobby.

http://www.brandonbird.com/sears.html

holy crap, that is the coolest artist i've ever seen!!!!!! i love "killing machine" - "who's wrasslin'? bea arthur's wrasslin'!!!"

http://www.brandonbird.com/bea.html

it's all actually very inspiring!

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 11:08 PM
He also seems to have a thing for the Law & Order TV show:

Law & Order (http://www.brandonbird.com/artisticintent.html)

As well as Edward Norton:

Ed Norton (http://www.brandonbird.com/nortonanthology.html)

I like his Martial Arts Jerry Sienfeld :D

http://www.brandonbird.com/sein_chucks.jpg

A very interesting artist. Now this guy is someone I wouldn't mind seeing in an art museum. :)

darthvyn, did you see you can buy a t-shirt with the Bea Arthur print on it? You'll be the hit of the party wearing that bad boy.

Exhaust Port
08-12-2003, 11:10 PM
Hey he even likes Star Wars!!!!! In addition to a Darth Vader sketch he has this interesting Darth Maul image called Flutter Maul.

Darth Maul (http://www.brandonbird.com/fluttermaul.html)

That's it, this guy needs to be in a museum somewhere. Get rid of all that modern junk and put him in.!! :Pirate:

Jon
08-17-2003, 08:55 AM
Although I would not oppose to seeing Brittany wearing Daisy Dukes, I think Katie Holmes would be a much better "fit" for that role. And I do hope Boss Hog is played by Danny Devito. I don't know if he is too sick these days but Wilford Brimley would make an excellent Uncle Jessie. Rosco is darn near impossible to replace.

Is it time for an Ashton Kutcher sucks and is the most overrated actor in Hollywood thread yet?

scruffziller
05-15-2005, 08:16 AM

Well too late, this movie looks like a disgrace. Except for Jessica Simpson...:crazed:
And possibly Uncle Jesse(Willie Nelson) and Enos looks dead on except for the 'stache. But the car action does look cool.

They have totally ruined Boss Hogg, Luke, and Bo. In alot of ways, it seems like they just threw these actors into the costumes without any consideration for the original storyline. And the Duke Boys' costumes aren't on either!!! No wonder John Shneider didn't want to touch it for a cameo. Burt Reynolds looks NOTHING like Boss Hogg!!!!!!! They got him in his suit and thats it. He even still has on his beard.:rolleyes: Or even acts like him for that matter. The way they made it sound,(in the production notes sometime back) they make uped him real good to look the part. You be the judge here is the trailer.
http://dukesofhazzard.warnerbros.com/

darthvyn
05-15-2005, 09:39 AM
i really don't know what to think about that. i need to digest it some more. i was a big fan of the TV show, but that was when i was like, 5. jessica simpson looks hot in it, though. and the charger looks great. those two things are what it's all about to me, though. the show was about the car. i don't really care who's driving it... they could've made the duke boys ANOTHER set of cousins, say, jeb and george, f'r'instance, and i would've been okay with it...

2-1B
05-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Bring back Coy and Vance.

JEDIpartner
05-15-2005, 12:01 PM
I hated the show and this movie is a terrible idea. The end.

Exhaust Port
05-15-2005, 06:44 PM
I been meaning to post this for a while, but there is a HUGE ERROR in the Season 1 DVD boxset artwork. For those that have it, pull out the DVD flip book holder thing and look at the artwork on the back (under Disc 3 and Bonus Material). There is a picture of a 3 car pile-up that includes the General Lee. THE GENERAL LEE's DOOR IS OPEN!!! How could they let something like that be published? Of course, this explains how Boss Hogg got in and out of the GL.

JediTricks
05-15-2005, 07:54 PM
I saw the ad for this on TV and found exactly 1 thing right about the entire trailer: the General Lee. Everything else, music, feel, comedy, and especially the CASTING, felt about as wrong as it could get. Burt Reynolds as Boss Hogg may as well be called "Burt Reynolds as Burt Reynolds... in a white suit". Jessica Simpson obviously can't act, and she sure doesn't seem like Daisy Duke even a little so far, and then they give her a Scarlet O'Hara accent even though she already HAS a southern accent?!? I love Willie Nelson, but he really seems like the wrong type of personality to be playing lovable old Uncle Jesse. Whoever they got playing sheriff Roscoe P. Coltrane seemed totally wrong for the part AND without the necessary over-the-top persona required for the character. And the worst offense of all is casting Johnny Knoxville and Seann William Scott as Luke and Bo Duke. I loved the show when I was a kid, Luke and Bo may have been a bit redneck-y but they weren't white trash... which unfortunately is exactly the feeling Knoxville and Scott seem to be bringing to the party and right now I hate that so much I can't bear to watch the trailer again.

I had a bad feeling before, but this... this has ruined any chance of me seeing it, I wish Warner Bros wasn't even in business anymore because far too much of what they touch turns to crap the way this appears to have.

Exhaust Port
05-15-2005, 08:54 PM
The 01 on the General Lee in the first shot in the trailer is wrong. It shows O1 rather than 01.

scruffziller
05-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Bring back Coy and Vance.

Yep they are making a cameo in the movie..............played by.............

John Shneider and Tom Wopat..............:D

just kidding.........

Exhaust Port
05-16-2005, 01:30 PM
Now that would be hilarious!!!! :D

vader121
08-05-2005, 08:53 AM
So who has seen this movie and what did you think of it? I haven't and have no plans to but am curious on what people think.

JimJamBonds
08-05-2005, 11:04 AM
I saw that it only received a "C" but I don't care I'm going to see it! I loved the tv show (not so much the year with Koy and Vance) and this movie looks like it should be pretty good too! :D

Exhaust Port
08-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I will be!

Captain Spoon
08-05-2005, 01:00 PM
I'll see it, mainly because it is kind of' sort of' a broken lizard movie (Super Troopers) I was reading a review and it says at one point in time the Dukes are being chased by Rabbit and Ramathorn!!

vader68
08-05-2005, 02:52 PM
I was a big Dukes fan when it was on T.V., but I have no interest in going to a theater to see this movie. I will wait until it comes out on DVD, which will probably be next month.:D

Exhaust Port
08-17-2005, 09:21 AM
I saw this movie this last weekend and it is one of the worst movies I've ever seen!!!!! It's nothing more than some crappy movie that happens to have characters with names from the orginal show and a car that looks like the General Lee. There are so many things wrong with this movie I could spend most of the morning talking about them but that would force me to think about my experience. Don't even watch this on DVD.

JimJamBonds
08-17-2005, 10:56 AM
What about Ms. Daisy EP?

Exhaust Port
08-17-2005, 11:38 AM
The 10-15 minutes of Ms. Simpsons presence is nice but hardly capable of making up for the rest of the problems with this movie.

JimJamBonds
08-22-2005, 11:08 AM
I forgot to ask this eariler who did Waylon Jennings part from the orginal show aka the voiceover guy?

Exhaust Port
08-22-2005, 09:36 PM
Good question. I haven't been able to turn up a name online.

JimJamBonds
10-02-2005, 01:47 AM
Saw it today at a budget theater, all in all it wasn't bad, although I can see how some of the stars of the tv show don't care for the movie. I thought there wasn't really a need for all the swearing, that could have kept it far more faithfull to the show. I thought the Rosco character was far too much a hard ash and also he never said "cuff 'em and stuff 'em!" which would have been awesome! Daisy was quite nice an upgrade over CB. It wasn't the worst 3.75 I've spent in my life, although I won't buy it.

2-1B
10-02-2005, 02:01 AM
Actually you only spent 2.75 on it. ;)

I didn't think it was good, it had a few moments but overall not a good movie. The guy that played the narrator is country singer Junior Brown.

Flash is awesome though, I loved it whenever he was onscreen. lol lol lol