PDA

View Full Version : MORE Matrix Figures on the way!

Jayspawn
08-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Seems that McFarlane will be releasing MORE action figures from The Matrix movies. The next set is supposed to be out by November, just in time for "The Matrix Revolutions." Standard figures as well as a Deluxe set or two are coming.

I hope this means that we're gonna finally get Agent Smith!

Anyone else?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-03-2003, 09:01 PM
Yeah, these were announced back when they released info on the McFArlanes new lines for this year. I just want pictures, NOW GULDARNIT!!! now!!! :D

I hope we get a smith, man, that would rule.

187-Maul
08-04-2003, 06:52 AM
Jon Goff (moderator of the spawn boards) said that there will be AT LEAST 2 deluxe boxed sets, and that there is a possible third series planned :) I'm hoping for an Agent Smith, aticulated (Matrix 1 outfit) Neo and for deluxe boxed set a Sentinel with clear base/stand

icatch9
08-04-2003, 07:50 AM
I'm not sure who'll they will make, but you can probally bet that McF will do thier best not to make anything that is similar to those figs from the first movie made by WB toys. Todd McF doesn't like doing anything that's been done befor. He's very original, wich it great. Still, it's going to be horrible if we don't get a Trinidy in her signature pryaing mantis kick.

JediTricks
08-04-2003, 09:31 PM
I thought those first figures were made by N2 Toys, who was formed from the ashes of another crappy company: Exclusive Premiere Toys.

AmanaMatt
08-05-2003, 02:26 PM
There was this little Mcfarlane rep guy at SDCC that was quite friendly and when I tried to 'push' on the wave 2 and tried to get him to just acknowledge that Smith was part of it, he actually told me that he didn't know....at that, I kinda poked fun at him because we know what a response like that usually means....

icatch9
08-05-2003, 03:06 PM
I guess it's just me, but I always assumed there would be an agent Smith fig. I mean, why wouldn't there be. He's a very major character. A heck of a lot more importan than either one of the Twin. No surprises here when they hit in October (don't quote me on that, I'm just guessing since the movie comes out in November).

We'll probally get a Niobie doing her jump off the wall kick too. Perhaps a real world Neo too (you know how they like to pump out the main characters).

I think this line has legs enough to be succesful even without a movie. There are plenty of characters to be made and plenty of cool sceens. If they do a better job with the case assortments. I've been to one TRU that had 19 Neos. No other figures, just 19 Neos. I'm sick of seeing Neo, and I don't even have one yet. I'm planning on getting him for about $1.98 at a Gamestop after Xmas.

187-Maul
08-05-2003, 08:14 PM
the line is coming out in November, that's been officially announced
and as far as the linE-up for Matrix series 2, Jon Goff has said that we (the fans) will definitely not be dissappointed with the line and that it is better than the first, and since Agent Smith has been the most requested figure on the spawn boards, he has to be in the line
just think of the consequences if he is not, Mcfarlane would NEVER do that to himself or the fans

jpak001
08-18-2003, 11:23 PM
Sweet! Over at Spawn.com, there's a teaser of the lineup for Matrix series 2. It doesn't reveal the lineup, but that pic looks like a Setinel to me!! :D :D Sign me up for one of those!

http://www.spawn.com/toyfest/catalog/matrix2.aspx

They also have some new pics of other upcoming lines. Photo 1 looks like it's straight out of a Frazetta painting to me, pretty cool!
http://www.spawn.com/toyfest/catalog/series24.darkagesi023.aspx

Jayspawn
08-20-2003, 12:19 AM
Yes it looks like we're getting 6 action figures and 2 deluxe sets with the next Matrix line. Sounds great! I hope we get all new characters rather than new versions of Neo, Trinity and Morpheus.

Beast
09-18-2003, 09:59 AM
I don't care about the Matrix line, but I know some of you guys do. The line-up for Series 2 has been revealed. Here's the information that we have so far, and I have to concur with some other people that it sounds crappy. More horribly unposeable Neo figures, hooray. :)

THE MATRIX SERIES 2 ACTION FIGURES
McFarlane Toys
Item #: 17730

McFarlane Toys second series of collectible figures from The Matrix trilogy is sure to be even more popular with fans than our first series released last May. Featuring characters from both The Matrix Reloaded and The Matrix Revolutions, this series consists of six regular figures and two different deluxe boxed sets.
November 2003

Agent Smith
Neo 3
Neo 4
Niobe
Morpheus 2
Trinity 2

The item ships 12 per case.
Please inquire about pricing.
No guarantee of mix.
CAUT/4

THE MATRIX SERIES 2 DELUXE BOXED SET
McFarlane Toys
Item #: 17750
The item ships 4 per case.
CAUT/4

THE MATRIX SERIES 2 DELUXE BOXED SET #2
McFarlane Toys
Item #: 17760
The item ships 4 per case.
CAUT/4
MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-18-2003, 11:46 AM
Thanks for the info, JJB! :D

BUT
this line sucks arse!! I don't want another two Neo figures, another Trinity and Morpheus. I mean, a Neo in the gear he wears in this one is good, but another Trinity and Morpheus?!? Crap crap crap! They couldn't give us some more characters from all the films? Like Ghost or another member of the resistance. Damn you McFarlane, go back to making horror figures, you worthless piece of crap! :mad:

K, i feel better now. :D

mrmiller
09-18-2003, 02:15 PM
I do like the Matrix fighre. I have a shelf dedicated to different movie lines, and the mini-statues that McFarelane makes are cool by me. I'm looking forward to seeing what poses and outfits are in store for the Neo figures before I bash there being too many. Also- Agent Smith Whoo hoo!

=MATT=

jpak001
09-18-2003, 10:18 PM
Yeah.... I could have done without the Neo's & Trinity's but I think we all knew they would be in the asst.

Though 2 Neo's is just pure overkill IMO, and I wasn't expecting another Morpheus.... I'll only be buying that one if he's in his dud's from the 1st flick. I'm sure they'll look great (it IS McFarlane after all), but BOOOOOO on the repeats of characters.

Guess the only mystery left is the 2nd boxed set (we know the 1st is a sentinel - yay!). Hopefully it's not gonna be another Neo..... but it probably will be.

Jayspawn
09-18-2003, 11:58 PM
Yeah, McFarlane doesn't need to make another Neo, Trinity or Morpheus figures. Kids are not buying them anyways. We collectors do. 2 Neos in a line is a waste. Unless it's a Neo vs Smith 2-pack, thatd be great! Anyway, If that lineup is correct then I'll be getting Niobe indefinatly. And of course, Agent Smith!

"Mr Anderson....."

Jayspawn
09-23-2003, 08:57 PM
This is half way off the subject but it's cool anyway, and I just have to rant about it. My Agent Smith Mini-Bust from Gentle Giant arrived in the mail today! And what a collectible it is. The Hugo Weaving likeness is incredible! Easily one of my favorite collectibles. I have him sitting next to the Neo Bust and they look great. I've been passing on Trinity and Morpheus for now. I'll pick em up later, and I'm still deciding if I want to get the Twins in the fall.

But if you're a big Matrix fan, get the Smith Mini-Bust, you won't be sorry.

"Goodbye, Mr. Anderson."

Jedi Master Silas
09-23-2003, 11:53 PM
Are there any plans for any new 12 inch Matrix figures? Did they even make any for Reloaded?? Are they making any for the new movie???

Jayspawn
09-24-2003, 12:32 AM
No plans for ANY Matrix 12" figures right now. McFarlane has the next lineup for the next movie "The Matrix Revolutions" scheduled for October/November this year. The next line will have 6 figures and 2 Deluxe playsets. The figures as of now will include Neo 2, Neo 3, Trinity 2, Morpheus 2, Niobe and Agent Smith! Some like the assortment and many do not, due to the over production of Neo, Trin, and Morpheus figures. But many are pretty excited about Niobe and certainly Agent Smith.

The last assortment by McFarlane Toys had Neo and Trinity from "The Matrix" and Morpheus, Twin 1, and Twin 2 from "Reloaded."

The next assortment (which I listed above) will be from "Reloaded" and "Revolutions."

jpak001
09-24-2003, 01:49 AM
You know, I think there are some new 12er's coming out of Japan soon. Maybe it was Medicom?? I cant remember who was making them, but I do remember seeing an article in Toyfare about it. I'm sure they'll be very $$$ too.

Anyone else remember this, or am I just nuts? :crazed:

Jedi Tech
09-24-2003, 02:30 AM
You know, I think there are some new 12er's coming out of Japan soon. Maybe it was Medicom?? I cant remember who was making them, but I do remember seeing an article in Toyfare about it. I'm sure they'll be very $$$ too.

Anyone else remember this, or am I just nuts? :crazed:

You could just be nuts jpak001. :D

jpak001
09-24-2003, 03:06 AM
Ok, you're right. I'm definitely nuts... My better half would attest to that! :p

But I did a little digging and found some pics. They are made by Medicom. Release date hasn't been announced yet. :)

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=3589&password=&sort=1&cat=651&page=2

http://207.44.182.109/photo/1/showphoto.php?photo=3590&password=&sort=1&cat=651&page=2

Jedi Tech
09-24-2003, 03:12 AM
Cool Bro, thanks for the pics, I don't know if I'm going to order any of these as I can't decide if I like them enough or not.

Jedi Master Silas
09-26-2003, 03:11 AM
Thanks for the great photos. I'd like to have that Neo for sure.

Jayspawn
09-26-2003, 12:08 PM
Those are cool looing figures. Too bad one opf them isn't Agent Smith.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
09-27-2003, 09:19 PM
Got this from Offthecard.com:

Case breakdown for the new matrix figs
Agent Smith x2
Neo (Fight in the Rain) x3
Trinity- falling x2
Neo - real world x2
Morpheus - sitting in a chair x2
Niobe w/brick wall base x1

The deluxe figures are Sentinel and a vehicle of somesort (i'll wet my pants if it's the neverasljdfalsjflsadjflasdjfledser)..hehehehehe sorry, the way to spell it alludes me. :D

mrmiller
09-27-2003, 10:56 PM
I figures there would be 1 Niobe and 5 Neo's :rolleyes:

At least Smith isn't shortpacked.

Has anyone managed to dig up a pick of these yet?

=MATT=

sicqnus
10-14-2003, 11:57 AM
The Medicom 13" figures will be available for preorder at HobbyLinkJapan. Neo is priced $130 (ships in November) and Trinity is priced $117.52 (ships in january 2004).
http://www.hlj.com/index.html

Pictures of Medicom Neo :
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/MatrixMedicom.jpg

Mc Farlane Matrix 6" figures serie 2 :

Agent Smith.
Neo 3 "fight in the rain".
Neo 4 "real world".
Niobe (short-packed, 1 per case) with brick wall base.
Morpheus 2 (sitting in a chair).
Trinity 2 "falling with double guns".
Deluxe Matrix Sentinel.
Deluxe Matrix Zion defense Endo-Armor.

Persephone & Merovingian should be part of the "Revolutions" figures line.

Here are the pictures of the Deluxe Sentinel : 30" Tentacles deployed. (rumored to have light-up eyes).
Pictures shot in Singapore at the Spawn exhibition.

http://www.sicqnus.com/news/Matrixrevsent2.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/Matrixrevsent3.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/Matrixrevsent4.jpg
http://www.sicqnus.com/news/Matrixrevsent5.jpg

sicqnus
10-15-2003, 03:08 AM
The site Offthecard.com has posted two more pitures of the Sentinel. Enjoy !

Jayspawn
10-15-2003, 01:06 PM
You're right, Persephone & Merovingian should be part of the line. I'd rather have one of those than Real World Neo. Agnet Smith and Niobe are the only ones I plan on getting so far.

jpak001
10-15-2003, 08:09 PM
Heh... watching reloaded again last night rekindled my interest in the line. Can't wait to get that Sentinel & agent Smith now! I bet that endoskeleton is going to be awesome too!

Beast
10-24-2003, 11:07 PM
Pictures have been revealed. Over at EBgames.com. So here you are, Agent Smith (Rain Fight), Neo (Rain Fight), Neo (Real Word), Morpheus (Chair), Trinity (Falling), and the shortpacked Niobe. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
10-24-2003, 11:11 PM
Sorry, could only put 5 in a post. All in all, not that impressed with Series II either. Agent Smith will look stupid without Neo. Here's a quick photoshop of the two together from the Spawn board. And since their screen specific to the rain battle, they probably have a wet look on the figures. Again more unposeable crap. Glad I don't like Matrix, or collect the line. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-24-2003, 11:42 PM
Eh, going to have to respectfully disagree w/ ya my Gungan pal; i think these look pretty nifty. I'll hafta head over to ebgames.com to see if they have any bigger pics; or wait until mcfarlane has detailed pics.

I already ordered my Niobe and Morpheus from ebgames; the other ones will be easy to find, i have a feeling these two will be a huge pain in the arse. Thanks for the pics, JJB! :D

[DSS]Pedr0
10-24-2003, 11:53 PM
Eh, going to have to respectfully disagree w/ ya my Gungan pal; i think these look pretty nifty. I'll hafta head over to ebgames.com to see if they have any bigger pics; or wait until mcfarlane has detailed pics.

I already ordered my Niobe and Morpheus from ebgames; the other ones will be easy to find, i have a feeling these two will be a huge pain in the arse. Thanks for the pics, JJB! :D
AGREED!! BADASS FIGS THERE, I love the new "statue" style figures that are made, just like the UNLEASHED line...these are all must haves to go with all of the series 1 figs I got. :D

Jayspawn
10-25-2003, 09:33 AM
Aaaahhhhh......well.....ok, heres what I think....

- Niobe: My favorite of the group. Looks JUST like Jada, good pose.

- Real World Neo: Good pose- for what a 'real world' figure could be posed,looks like Keanu.

- Morpheus: Did the people at McFarlane EVER SEE the Matrix movies? Not once does Fishburne EVER sit like that. He looks as if a girl just stood him up. The detail is great up man, that pose sucks!!!!

- Anent Smith: This was to be my favorite in the group. I can't really tell on the Hugo Weaving likeness (if N2 does it better, I'll scream), but that pose SUCKS too!!!! Does anybody else think "Lord of the Dance" I'm starting to hear Irish music. I'm betting against the 'wet look' - it hardly ever works out.

- Trinity: Cool looking setup, Trinity was more curled up as she was falling in that scene. I don't know yet.

- Neo: This figure could look good by itself, this is how Agent Smith SHOULD have looked. The detail is good, cant tell of the likeness though.

QLD
10-25-2003, 09:51 AM
Umm...when you look at the Neo vs Smith pic, there is a HALF Agent Smith watching the battle. If they are going to have the bases be connectable, they should at least match the pictures....lol

Jedi_Master_Guyute
10-28-2003, 03:50 PM
http://www.spawn.com/features/matrix2/main.html

More pics up. I'll post a few just to be kind. :crazed:

Looks like the vehicle is the A.P.U, the vehicle shown in the trailer for the new film. It looks like something of the old Power Loader in "Aliens" but ya know, much much much much better and looks like it could do more damage. Better pic of fight in the Rain Neo; the rain effect looks awesome, i love the detail on his hair, maybe hasbleh can take note on how to do specific scene figures properly. Enjoy the link and pictures!! :)

Beast
12-02-2003, 02:51 PM
Well, the APU w/ Mifune is causing quite the stink over at the Spawn Boards. They knew that the thing wouldn't quite be to scale. But it's really awful looking next to one of the regular figures. Or the Sentinel. Shame really, it looks really cool other wise. Here's some comparison pictures. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-06-2003, 11:28 AM
I'm putting all of these on my Christmas list! Suncoast has all of them, but not the APU (which is the only one I'll pass on). I don't know if anyone else said this - real world Neo has three heads, a regular one, one with bloody eyes, and one with a blindfold. The other two were hidden behind the insert, probably to keep the surprise.

Jayspawn
12-09-2003, 12:53 PM
I've passed on the Sentinel and the APU for now. I really want them but I've nowhere to put them. So that kinda puts a damper on things. :confused:

[DSS]Pedr0
12-09-2003, 01:27 PM
I've passed on the Sentinel and the APU for now. I really want them but I've nowhere to put them. So that kinda puts a damper on things. :confused:
I Got them all, just waiting for my APU and Sentinel!! Hurry Up Damnit!!:mad:

Jedi_Master_Guyute
12-09-2003, 10:15 PM
I nearly pooped myself tonight while hunting @ the local Meijer. Amongst the dozens of "neo in chateau" there lay a few Mifune w/ APU!!! I had to get this guy and he's INCREDIBLE. The detail is off the hook!!! I can't wait to get a sentinel and when those damned Neo in Chateaus ever go on clearance, i'm so there! PICK THIS UP NOW! cheers! :D

bobafrett
12-10-2003, 12:02 PM
I wish I could afford all the figures, but so dar I got the rain fight Neo, and Agent Smith. I saw the Sentinal and it is one heavy peice! I loved it, and I hope I still see one after Christmas.

Beast
12-10-2003, 12:27 PM
Careful on the Sentinels. The Spawn Board and the Horror Board I'm on, are reporting that the 'poseable' tenticles are very very fragile. And they snap easily when being moved. So either leave it in the position it's in out of the box, or cross your fingers and pray. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

James Boba Fettfield
12-10-2003, 01:17 PM
JJB, that's the norm for McFarlane toys. Don't touch it or you'll break it!

I collect some of his figures, but if you open them you need to be careful, because they got some issues with being delicate.

Beast
12-10-2003, 01:23 PM
Yeah, I know Toddy's crappy plastics he uses. But I thought it was funny that they advertise the damn thing to be 'poseable' but all it really is is 'breakable'. :stupid: :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I am Jabba the Hutt
12-10-2003, 02:38 PM
Yeah, I know Toddy's crappy plastics he uses. But I thought it was funny that they advertise the damn thing to be 'poseable' but all it really is is 'breakable'. :stupid: :rolleyes:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

True, the plastic isn't the best quality. But do you not buy McFarlane figures at all then Jar Jar? I bought the Terminator ones cause of the quality of the sculpting and I just display them so it's not like I'll break em. :)

Beast
12-10-2003, 02:43 PM
I own very few McFarlane products, just because I dislike the man on principal and also because of the crap he churns out. I own the MM Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, SIL (Species) and the Male Species figure from Seres I. And Darkness from Series IV. And the Alien Vs. Predtaor and Alien Queen Boxsets. I don't like Matrix and the figures are awful pre-posed statues, T3 was a good flick but I didn't want to buy more cheesy McFarlane stuff. And that's about it. All the stuff I've read about Toddy's shading dealings has turned me off of supporting as much of his stuff as I can. Unless it's really something I can't live without. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

mrmiller
12-11-2003, 12:11 AM
I agree that most of McFarlane stuff is the pre-posed statue type, but I love them anyway. (Besides the Alien queen is now my #1 figure of all time) I really like the detail in the sculpting and their stuff has some of the best pain aplications too. Besides, I display everything on a shelf and don't move stuff around anyhow. And even at about $10 each, they are cheaper than the Unleashed line which I'm also hooked on.

I did finally find the Sentinel today, but ened up passing on it as today was also the first day I found the Ultra Star Wars figures. So after droping $30+ on the three of those I had to hold myself back :( .

=MATT=

Mr. JabbaJohnL
12-16-2003, 09:16 PM
I own very few McFarlane products, just because I dislike the man on principal and also because of the crap he churns out. I own the MM Freddy, Jason, Leatherface, SIL (Species) and the Male Species figure from Seres I. And Darkness from Series IV. And the Alien Vs. Predtaor and Alien Queen Boxsets. I don't like Matrix and the figures are awful pre-posed statues, T3 was a good flick but I didn't want to buy more cheesy McFarlane stuff. And that's about it. All the stuff I've read about Toddy's shading dealings has turned me off of supporting as much of his stuff as I can. Unless it's really something I can't live without. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
JJB, what do you mean about his principles?

9 days to Christmas, I'm hoping for a few of the Matrix figures!!!

Beast
12-16-2003, 09:40 PM
He's pulled a few shady deals over the years. Not only on people he's been in business with. But companies he's marketed stuff from. He had the rights to the Ghostface, but not the movie name of 'Scream'. Yet he released the first figures with the 'Scream' poster. He also bought the rights to do the 'Crow' comics, just so he could do the figure and then ditched the license. He treats his sculptors and employees like crap, not one of them have good stories when they leave the company. And in the case of Hellraiser, people wanted the figures so badly. And there were so many internet petitions to get him to do the figures. That he, thru his associate 'Steve the Bum' told off fans on the Spawn boards, telling them it was their fault he didn't get the licenese. Because they whined and begged for them so much, that he couldn't afford to get it. Yet Neca, a smaller company then McFarlane at the time, could afford it. :rolleyes: :p

That's just a small cross section of some of the stuff he's pulled.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks