PDA

View Full Version : Good deal or not

BFett88
08-03-2003, 09:25 PM
Is it a good deal to trade a Jorg Sacul figure for a Silver Fett figure?

Val Da Car
08-03-2003, 11:07 PM
NO

Fett will be available from the fan club for at the most $12...

bobafrett
08-03-2003, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't if you are the owner of the Jorge Sacul figure. I'm getting a couple silver fett's next weekend at Wizard World, but there is no way I would trade one of my Jorge S. figures even if I didn't.

Imperialist_14
08-04-2003, 07:13 AM
I'll make this unanimous. Hell No!!!

Dr Zoltar
08-04-2003, 12:20 PM
What the heck, I'll post too.

Don't do it. Or at least wait until it's official that there aren't anymore in circulation.

mtriv73
08-04-2003, 02:01 PM
Don't do it unless you want to make that trade with me :)

BFett88
08-04-2003, 03:01 PM
So it still would not be worth it even if I have three of them. Two in package and one out. How much is Jorg worth? How much is The Fett worth?

JangoFart
08-04-2003, 03:05 PM
Hit eBay and answer that question for yourself. Just do a search for each to get a feel of what the market currently values them at.

J

Darth Jax
08-05-2003, 08:07 PM
So it still would not be worth it even if I have three of them. Two in package and one out. How much is Jorg worth? How much is The Fett worth?
a figure is only worth whatever someone will pay you for it. that being said currently people are paying much more for jorg than they would for a silver fett. when you start worrying about the value of your figures then you no longer have a hobby but an investment. still i'd side with everyone once and recommend you not make the trade

BFett88
08-05-2003, 09:10 PM
I was doing some thinking. Thankyou all for your help. But I think I am going to make the trade. I will still have two. For me it is not for the money but because I enjoy collecting. For me to give another person a chance to get a Jorg and for me to get the Fett is great. Then I will have all the silver figs. Then I wont have to worry about finding Fett in the future.

TheDarthVader
08-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Wow...whoah...amazing.

jpak001
08-05-2003, 10:39 PM
Right on, I say make the trade. You get a figure you want, and you make someone else very happy.

Who cares if it's a good deal or not. As long as everyone is happy, it's a great trade! :)

jedi master sal
08-06-2003, 09:51 AM
I say trade, as well. It's not a good "market value" trade but it sounds like a good trade for you specifically.

I got my Jorg fig in a similar way.

I have a friend who went to CII and got a couple of Jorg's. (I didn't know her then). After meeting her, she found out how big of a collector I am and I found out how big of a Liam Neeson/Qui-gon fan she was. She said she wanted a 12 in Qui real bad and couldn't find one and offered to trade me her extra Jorg for a 12 in Qui. I knew just the place to get one and made the deal. She full well knew the "value" of Jorg but also knew that the fig would be going to a respectable collector who doesn't scalp. Likewise she'd finally get her elusive 12in Qui.

All in all we were both very happy with the deal. She has her Qui proudly displayed and I have my Jorg in a nice protective case, tucked away neatly until I get a home later this year (instead of this cramped apartment).

So, go for the trade. You both will get HTF figs. So they're not equally as HTF as each other, so what.

Val Da Car
08-07-2003, 10:39 PM
OK what about this for a trade....Imperial shuttle for Jorg & Toy Fair Vader...

any takers?