PDA

View Full Version : Mandolorians?

Gungan Warrior
08-03-2003, 10:39 PM
I forgot, so I need some refreshing of my memory. Now the questions is what/who are the mandolorians?

stillakid
08-04-2003, 10:19 AM
I forgot, so I need some refreshing of my memory. Now the questions is what/who are the mandolorians?

From what I know, someone else can fill in the holes, the Mandalorians were a separate group who took advantage of the situation created by Palpatine and joined in the efforts to kill off the Jedi and take down the Republic.

Aside from that, they don't really enter into the saga per se. Boba Fett's armor was supposedly pieced together from a variety of sources, one of which was from some Mandalorian armor that he procured in some manner after the Clone Wars. This was one of the really cool and mysterious things about that character...

...all of which was utterly destroyed by George himself when he decided to give the "fans" too much of a good thing by bringing a copy of that character into the Prequels. All of that mystery and "coolness" is gone now as George's own continuity and "history" was rewritten uselessly.

kool-aid killer
08-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Im not sure how accurate i am regarding their history but if i recall correctly, they were bounty hunters and a mercenary army that would occasionally battle the Jedis, and sometimes win. They had a split (im going by a comic book now) and Jangos parent(s) was/where killed and one of the Mandalorians took him under his wing. Fett grew up to be a leader but on a planet he and the rest were somehow betrayed and the Jedi took most of them out. Jango became a slave but later escaped and became a bounty hunter. There may be a book or two regarding his journeys.

stillakid
08-05-2003, 12:21 PM
Im not sure how accurate i am regarding their history but if i recall correctly, they were bounty hunters and a mercenary army that would occasionally battle the Jedis, and sometimes win. They had a split (im going by a comic book now) and Jangos parent(s) was/where killed and one of the Mandalorians took him under his wing. Fett grew up to be a leader but on a planet he and the rest were somehow betrayed and the Jedi took most of them out. Jango became a slave but later escaped and became a bounty hunter. There may be a book or two regarding his journeys.

I assume that this tale you speak of was written post Episode I being released into the wild?

El Chuxter
08-05-2003, 12:26 PM
It's most likely from Open Seasons, a comic mini-series that tries to reconcile all the variant definitions for Mandaloreans and the different histories for Boba Fett.

In this story, Jaster Mereel (mistakenly identified as Boba Fett in some origin stories) is a Journeyman Protector of the planet Concord Dawn and a Mandalorean Supercommando (presumably descended from a group called the Mandalores from the Sith Wars of old). He takes in the orphaned Jango Fett and trains him in the ways of the Mandaloreans, but is betrayed by another Mandalorean whose name I can't think of right now. All the Mandaloreans (save Fett, obviously) are killed by Jedi, and the series ends with Jango facing down and then allying himself with a mysterious man named Tyrannus.

And, according to what little I know of the storyline from the Jango Fett videogame, Jango's final test is to track down and kill Dooku's Padawan, who has become a Sith Apprentice-Apprentice, violating the rule of two.

kool-aid killer
08-06-2003, 08:32 AM
The comic book was titled Open Seasons. As for the video game (i just recently bought it) i think the reason they want Dookus old apprentice to be killed is that she leads a mysterious cult named the Bando Gora which is seen as a obstacle by Sidious.