PDA

View Full Version : Anyone find the bibble wave today?

JediChrisnet
11-23-2001, 02:17 PM
I didn't, those 3 figs are the last i need to complete my collection.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-24-2001, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I was kind of hoping people found him today. I couldn't get to TRU today but I remember last year the day after Thanksgiving was a killer day for finding Hard-to-Find figures for dirt cheap prices.

sith_killer_99
11-24-2001, 04:21 AM
Where were you shopping last year?

All I heard last year were RUMORS about the infamous R2-D2 with holo Leia and DREAMS of CommTech Stormies.

When all was said and done I heard of EXACTLY 2 people comming up with ANYTHING!

It wasn't until almost 3 months later that the CT Stormies started to show up!:mad:

Bel-Cam Jos
11-24-2001, 11:38 AM
I'm minus Mr. Bibble, Ms. Amidala: Battle, the Brothers Pit Droid, and Mr. Naboo Guard, so I too hope they're released. I have been quite patient up 'til now, but... my... patience... is... :Pirate: Arr.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
11-25-2001, 12:22 AM
I could be wrong but I heard very many a person say that last year after Thanksgiving, TRU discounted all of their POTJ and Ep1 figs for $1.97. That included many HTF. I never got to TRU the day after Thanksgiving, but probably 2 weeks after, I did get there and found a truckload of POTF2 Darth Vaders, Solos, Jawas, and Lukes (I assume there were Stormies and Holo R2s but someone beat me to them). :mad:

ACPin
11-26-2001, 08:50 AM
TRU had whatever Episode 1 figures that they had in stock on sale at 2 for $3.00 during Friday and Saturday. However there wasn't any new stock of these figures that was supposed to come as I've found out from a store manager that I knew. :(

At least they finally had the 12" dewback and the sith lords two-pack on sale. :D

OC47150
11-26-2001, 02:45 PM
I heard those rumors, too, before Thanksgiving '00, and built myself up to believe I'd find R2 with holo Leia and other HTF figures plentiful at my TRU. Boy was I wrong!! I only found a couple of destroyer droids, which I bought. The commchip stormies wouldn't be found until a couple of weeks later.

So this year, even without the hype, I didn't even bother to look. I figured, why bother?

Rollo Tomassi
11-26-2001, 03:08 PM
I just wish somebody would CONFIRM that TRU is sitting on old cases of Ep 1 figures. Then i could get my hopes up of actually snatching some...:(

Jayspawn
11-26-2001, 04:01 PM
My TRU didn't have squat. No wait, they did have 5 thousand JarJar w/ canons and Battle Droids w/ tanks. Thats it!

Wolfwood319
11-26-2001, 04:21 PM
The TRU's around me have no E1 stuff. All they have is POTJ and 12'' Dewbacks and Chewies.

There hasn't been E1 stuff here since before the summer. When they put everything on sale originally, most of it was bought. $2 for a figure is good no matter which way you look at it.

OC47150
11-26-2001, 04:39 PM
The TRU closest to me has a few Tatoonie Mauls and Obi Wans collecting dust. But their SW section is incredibly small compared to what it is. WWF figures and something else is encrouching on the Outer Rim territory!

Wolfwood319
11-26-2001, 05:27 PM
I don't watch wrestling, nor do I buy the figs, but I too have noticed in overabundance of the darn things.At the one TRU by me, wrestling figs have their own island shelf, and star wars is sharing space with Simpsons and Transformers.

Why did TRU change their store layouts? Its so confusing, and crowded too. You get more than 3 people in one area with carts, and no one can move.

OC47150
11-27-2001, 08:36 AM
I don't know how TRU is set up in your areas but a guy I run into occasionally told me that one TRU he's visited has chopped down the long aisles into mini sections, reducing the stock on the floor. I haven't personally seen this; none of the TRU in my area have done this yet.

JEDIpartner
11-27-2001, 11:21 AM
WWF figures and those bloody buggery mini skateboards!

The TRU I was at last night had about 10 of those plastic 12" Chewies, 2 Royal Elegance Amidalas, 3 pegs filled with POTJ (Old Bens, Coruscant Guards, Gungan Warriors, Sandtroopers) and that was it!!!!

Oh... other than the last 12" Dewback that I bought!:rolleyes:

OC47150
11-27-2001, 11:29 AM
Did you saw sandtroopers? I haven't seen those in the stores since summer!! I'd love to have a couple of more for my Tatoonie droid hunt diorama.

Mandalorian Candidat
11-27-2001, 04:01 PM
Yeah, my TRU had jack last year unless you call a crapload of Cap'n Ps, Nutes, Runes, and Booster rocket R2s a great find.

This year they didn't even have that. I asked four different employees on Black Friday and they all said the same thing: They should be over by the figure section. Of course there were nothing but a ton of Bespin Leias.

ACPin
11-29-2001, 09:42 AM
On Monday I found a swimming jar-jar together with the Pote Snitkin under the pile of the DM pegwarmers. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-02-2001, 12:24 PM
I whipped out an old receipt from TRU dated last January 10, 2001. It was on that day, more than a few weeks after Thanksgiving, that I found all the POTF2 Commtech stuff for 2 bucks.

Ah, what memories. :cry:

OC47150
12-03-2001, 08:34 AM
I was sorting through a bin full of figures at home and came across several with price tags still on them. $4.77. That's a good memory! Two SW figures for under $10!

OC47150
12-06-2001, 05:06 PM
My local KB last night opened a case of Runes, Yodas, R2s and destroyer droids. I picked up an extra destroyer droid for the heck of it. Might see if they have any left on the way home from work tonight. Hard to pass up at $3.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-07-2001, 11:12 PM
When I went to TRU on Tuesday I didn't find one, not one, Episode 1 Commtech figue. While they had tons of Deluxe Episode 1 stuff I am pretty happy and hopeful that finally, all of the Mauls and Boss Nass will be replaced by Sio Bobble some not too far day. :happy:

GNT
12-08-2001, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
When I went to TRU on Tuesday I didn't find one, not one, Episode 1 Commtech figue. While they had tons of Deluxe Episode 1 stuff I am pretty happy and hopeful that finally, all of the Mauls and Boss Nass will be replaced by Sio Bobble some not too far day. :happy:

Dont we all wish :)

OC47150
12-09-2001, 01:24 PM
I know this is a little OT but the Targets and KMarts in my area are a wave or two behind on figures. The Tessek wave is showing up in abundance.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
12-10-2001, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
My local KB last night opened a case of Runes, Yodas, R2s and destroyer droids. I picked up an extra destroyer droid for the heck of it. Might see if they have any left on the way home from work tonight. Hard to pass up at $3.

Yeah, a KB near my area got some Episode 1 figs in last week for $2.99 but unfortunately they were Jedi Braid Obi Wan and Naboo Qui-Gon. Those have been at TRU for months.

Deoxyribonucleic
12-10-2001, 08:38 PM
I guess I got really lucky last year and got to TRU right after they finished putting all the commtechs out. I got all of em including R2 with holo leia and I was very good and left all of the r2's there except the 3 I bought for myself and a friend. I saw an r2 holo leia at Frank and Sons for 60 dollars a couple of months ago and almost wet myself from laughter as I only paid $1.97.

:crazed:

Wolfwood319
12-11-2001, 12:12 AM
I went to my local TRU today and low and behold, they completely got rid of the Star Wars section for the most part. They have a little kiosk in the middle that has some Jar Jar/Cannons and Maul/Speeder, a few remaining 12'' Dewbacks and that's it. Where POTJ once was is now filled with action figures for E.T. and Jimmy Neutron.

I can't say I'm surprised at this move. They haven't had a good selection of Star Wars in months, and nothing but the POTJ stuff sold. Old, dusty, bent boxes with the words Episode 1 printed on it strewn about. The only ones who bought Star Wars were the collectors. The holidays are coming up, and the store wants to put out products that will sell to a much larger audience. I haven't seen a kid look at the Star Wars sections for years.

And I honestly think that the E2 line will fail as well. The only ones who will buy will be the collectors. But Hasbro is going to ship enough to stay on the shelves, and try to do a mass market push the way they did with E1. The problem is kids don't buy as many figures as the collectors, if kids buy them at all. I don't remember kids buying that much E1 stuff. I feel it'll be E1 all over again.

GNT
12-12-2001, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
And I honestly think that the E2 line will fail as well.

Not as many figures will be made as there was for Episode 1,so less production of figures means less pegwarmers :)