PDA

View Full Version : Which Final Fantasy is the best?

BFett88
08-04-2003, 09:40 PM
Which Final Fantasy is the best?

Well I would have to say the Final Fantasy 7 is the best. Great story, great charactes, great magic sytem. The best Bad Guy. Final Fantasy 9 is the worst.

QLD
08-04-2003, 10:27 PM
I rank them in this order.....

Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy VIV
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy V

never played II

CooLJoE
08-05-2003, 03:28 AM
Final Fantasy 2 and 3 (US versions) are the best IMO.

jjreason
08-05-2003, 07:21 AM
I love 9 and 7 because of the affinity I formed for certain characters (Vivi and Cloud, respectively).

I hated 8 for the same reason - none of the characters "did it" for me.

Im still not done 10, I don't know how many times I've left it unfinished, I'm so close and yet never seem to break it out to finish off. I haven't played it for months.

I've played about 1/2 way through I, but my NES turfed out (need a new cartridge reader part), and I'm only that far again on my PC port. Parts II and III I haven't played, but do have in English on my PC, thanks to the magic of translation patches and emulator software. I've played about 1/2 way through part 6 as well via the Playstation rerelease, and would have to give Kefka props as the most evil villain of the story. Part VI may take the top spot for me if I can ever beat that first hard boss after the big chunk of planet falls and the world changes. I've been stuck there forever.

I like this series, anyone been reading about progress toward part XI? Is it still supposed to be an online game?

Trip J
08-05-2003, 08:35 AM
I almost hate to rank them, because almost every game in the series had moments that I loved.

It seems to be popular to trash VIII and IX, and I won't disagree on VIII. I could never get into that one.

IX took me some time to get into, but I found it to be a terrific game (once I got past the main character having a stupid tail).

If you put a gun to my head, I'd go something like this:

FF 7
FF 4
FF 9
FF 10
FF 6
FF 1
FF 2
FF 5
FF 3
FF 8

FF XI is out in Japan, and yes, it is a MMORPG (like Galaxies). I know they had all sorts of problems at launch, but don't know how things are progressing towards the US launch. I think it is supposed to be released in January of '04.

There are also two other FF titles in the works:

FF X-2 (that's Ten-Two), a sequel to FFX should be out in November, continues the story and I believe is about Yuna's search for Tidus.

FF XII (twelve) has been announced as well, but I don't know when that will be out.

CooLJoE
08-05-2003, 10:45 AM
Don't forget the FF:Crystal Chronicles game for GameCube which is due out later this year. And also there is going to be a FF:Unlimited for GameCube which is based on the anime series in japan. And there is also a GameBoy Advance FF game coming this year or next.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-07-2003, 06:36 PM
Wow acually VIII is my favorite because of the storyline and I can somewhat relate to Squall (I have Squall on my class rign I liked the game so much). I'm playing VII and X righty now and so far I'm pumped about X-2 because I think X is one of the nicest looking one, has the coolest/ most interesting Summon system, and finialy the orb thing is really easy (At least easier than junctioning) to use and cool customizing options.