PDA

View Full Version : Unstable Apprentice Maul!!!

Darth Evil
11-23-2001, 03:40 PM
How do I get him to stand up???? He keeps falling over, I've had to lean him against my POTF Deluxe Boba Fett!! :frus:

Echo_7
11-23-2001, 03:45 PM
I guess thats where the disclamer comes from on the back of the deluxe packages. "Some poses pictured above may require additional support". I'm happy that I didn't get this one!

Darth Evil
11-23-2001, 03:56 PM
His feet are in really awkward positions, he's kinda lop-sided! Does anyone else have the same problem?

JediTricks
11-24-2001, 08:00 AM
I found that I did have to work his legs a little to get him standing on his own, but I ended up giving this figure an alternate pose (http://www.geocities.com/jeditricks/plo-maul) anyway.

Wolfwood319
11-24-2001, 02:21 PM
God, I love that. I almost bought a SA Maul just to copy that pose. But I couldn't bring myself to cut open my one and only Plo's robe.

Darth Rage
11-25-2001, 03:04 AM
You should buy those action figure stands, if you want from

www.wholesalecases.com or

www.realstands.com

I didn't have any problems with my Sith Apprentice Maul. I let him stand by himself without a stand.

THe break apart darth maul is the one I have trouble standing up.

Darth Evil
11-25-2001, 03:10 PM
JT, who's Commtech chip did you use under Plo? My break-apart Maul falls over a lot too!

Beast
11-25-2001, 06:14 PM
Yeah, I noticed this as well....almost all of the Maul figures have trouble standing up. Hasbro really needs to start including a figure stand in the package for each figure.

Just a generic stand with a name sticker on the front would be great, anything is better then trying to stand these guys up without one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
11-26-2001, 03:58 AM
Glad you dig it Wolfwood. I can understand the hesitation to cut a figure, even if it's just ever so slightly, you may want to try the pose without opening the robe. I can't picture it in my head, but the robe is only affecting Plo's legs, not the arms or head. However, I think ultimately, you'll be happier with the robe open on Plo, it's easy, it looks great, it doesn't compromise the original look of the figure, and he's got cool detail underneath.

Darth Evil, I actually am currently employing Ep 1 C-3PO's CTC (w/ holofoil ;))under Plo and Maul there because it was the first one handy and I don't have any empty Realstands right now because I'm too cheap to buy more. ;)

My personal opinion is that EVERY figure should be able to stand well on its own. But, since that's not gonna happen anytime soon, I have many of my figs on an ultarama. ;)

Rollo Tomassi
11-27-2001, 09:27 AM
FOR THE SAKE OF ALL THAT'S HOLY...OPEN UP PLO KOON'S ROBE!!!!!!

You will thank us later and wonder why you hadn't done it sooner.

Do it. Do it. Do it. Do it. DO it. DO it. DO it.

And open Saesee Tiin's as well, it's not as easy a procedure as Plo Koon's but both of these figures' coolness factor increase by a factor of 10 when you free them from their molded garments!

DO IT! OPEN THEM!