PDA

View Full Version : Rebel Strike pre-order bonus disc

Lord Malakite
08-05-2003, 09:11 AM
Here is something you guys might find interesting. LucasArts Entertainment recently confirmed reports that those who pre-order Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike would receive an extra bonus disc with special features and demos on it. The Bonus disc will include all of the following, according to LucasArts:

A one-level demo of Hoth from Rebel Strike
A playable demo of the gladiator-RPG Gladius
A Rogue Leader demo
A Rogue Leader trailer
And best of all, the entire 1982 Atari arcade game Star Wars in fully emulated glory
Other bonus material

In addition (contrary to erroneous retailer reports), the demo disc offer will be available a decent span of time ahead of the completed Rebel Strike release.

icatch9
08-05-2003, 10:59 AM
The only thing that I can say is that I'm stoked to get the old arcade game. That thing rocked and I played it all the time. Can't wait to get that demo!

mtriv73
08-05-2003, 02:45 PM
I couldn't find the preorder on LA's website. Did I just miss it or isn't it up yet?

gsr-jedi
08-07-2003, 12:29 AM
Is this just if you pre-order through the LA website, or will it be available at game stores?

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-07-2003, 06:28 PM
Yeah will you be able to preorder and get the bonus disc at Walmart or game stores?

Lord Malakite
08-08-2003, 09:22 AM
To my knowledge pre-orders for Rebel Strike have not started yet mtriv73. I would assume that the pre-order disc will be available anywhere that will let you pre-order and not just LA's website. It will most likely be handled in the same manner as the Legend of Zelda pre-order disc for Wind Waker. If I hear otherwise though I'll let you know. I'll also keep a look out for when pre-orders start.

Sentinel18725
08-09-2003, 10:39 PM
This is Great! I just hope that they do the Atari "Empire Strikes Back" game :p I would imagine that they are going to do a preorder at all stores. I hope so. This is something that I want to get

JangoFart
08-11-2003, 11:38 AM
"Red 5 standing by."

Man, I used to love that old arcade game. Ugly by today's standards, but fun by any standard! I have fond memories of this game in both the arcade and on the ColecoVision - "AtariSoft" I think was the name of the brand under which it was released.

I too hope that it is an offer similar to Zelda to where you could get the disc anywhere and not exclusively a LucasArts deal.

J

Lord Malakite
08-12-2003, 10:15 PM
It appears that some online stores have started pre-ordering now (http://gamestore.ign.com/product.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1&product_id=B220351A&affid=6500&aud=14526099) for Rebel Strike.

gsr-jedi
08-13-2003, 09:06 AM
I went by a store called GameStop yesterday, and asked them about pre-ordering if it came with the preview disc, and he said yeah. So I put my pre-ordered down.

Lord Malakite
08-26-2003, 03:23 PM
Most stores should have pre-orders for Rebel Strike up now. Shipping of the bonus discs have also started today in most areas. Expect them to start showing up within the next couple of days in stores or the mail if you already pre-ordered. That is if you didn't opt for it to ship at the same time as Rebel Strike.