PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Squadron 2 (secret ships)

Lord Malakite
11-23-2001, 04:27 PM
I found some secret ships for the game if anyone is interested. Enjoy.

Naboo Fighter - Complete the all main objectives, 12 Training Rebel Insignias, and find the 2 secret items in the Tatooine Training Mission in all 4 time settings (dawn, day, dusk and night). The secret items are the dragon bones (all 4 time settings), Escape Pod (day only), R2-D2 (night only-destroy a sand crawler), and C-3P0 (dawn & dusk - destroy Jabba's Palace).

TIE Fighter - Complete the all main objectives in the Imperial Academy Heist Mission after stealing the TIE in both time settings (day & night). To steal the TIE, fly to abandoned building and kill the pilot (night), or ion the communications tower and then ion the TIE that tries to flee (day). *Note* It will appear in a remote part of the hangar.

Millenium Falcon - Get Bronze Medals or higher on all 10 original missions.

Slave I - Get Silver Medals or higher on all 10 original missions and 2 bonus missions.

Vader's TIE Fighter - Get Gold Medals on all 10 original missions and all 3 bonus missions.

Wolfwood319
11-24-2001, 12:54 AM
I'd love to be able to get all those secrets, but the game is really difficult, at least the first mission is for me anyhow.

I find the difficulty a really nice change though, the original Rogue Squadron I found a little too easy.

Plus, I'm trying to get used to the controller, and all the different controls.

Lord Malakite
11-28-2001, 03:55 AM
Lamda Shuttle - To play as the Shuttle in Triumph of the Empire and Revenge on Yavin bonus missions, recieve 10-12 gold medals on the 10 normal missions and the 2 bonus missions themselves.

*Notes*

Slave I - the 2 silvers for bonus missions must be the first 2 bonus missions (Death Star Escape and The Asteroid Field).

Vader's TIE - should be 5, not 3, bonus missions.

*Codes*

LIONHEAD - Enter this code and you'll be treated to a black and white presentation of Rogue Leader. To disable it, enter the code again. The joke behind this code was that Lucasarts and Lionhead worked together on the game Black & White.

BLAHBLAH - Makes the Audio Commentary function available in the Special Features Menu without having to earn it.

COMPOSER - Unlocks the Music Hall in Special Features Menu.

EXHIBIT! - Unlocks the Concept Art Gallery in Special Features Menu.

?INSIDER - Unlocks Documentary in Special Features Menu if you haven't done so the normal way.

THATSME! - Unlocks Credits in Special Features Menu if you haven't done so the normal way.

Also, if you think the game is hard now, wait to you unlock the Ace Mode Difficulty in the Special Features Menu (get all 15 gold medals). Not only is it harder, but you can now have access to even harder to obtain Platinum Medals!

Wolfwood319
11-28-2001, 04:05 AM
To get the TIE in heist, kill the pilot and then complete mission during night; and ion communications tower and then TIE during day?

Actually its not that hard anymore, I've gotten used to it. Now I'm going for medals and secrets.

Lord Malakite
11-28-2001, 09:46 AM
"To get the TIE in heist, kill the pilot and then complete mission during night; and ion communications tower and then TIE during day?"

Yeah, that is how you get it. I'll try to explain it in greater detail.

During the night you are a Speeder. Simply dodge all the sensors till you reach the last one. There will be a fork in the road where you can go left or right of the last sensor. Take the path to the left and you will reach an abandoned building with a single parked TIE, plus you will be treated to cinema scene. Their should be a TIE Fighter Pilot near the building heading toward the TIE (looks like a black dot from a distance). Kill the pilot before he reaches the TIE. With the pilot dead, a blue rebel icon will appear above the TIE to switch ships. Just be careful not to fly too high when killing the pilot and touching the icon or the sensor will detect you. After you are the TIE, you will be safe from imperial attack until you either attack something imperial or steal the shuttle. Once you have the shuttle you must retrieve your fellow speeder pilot at abandoned building to end the mission instead of going to the meeting point. The quickest way back to your pilot is to fly to the meeting point as you would normally do. Once you reach the open canyon that is the meeting point you will notice in front of you in the canyon is a passage. Follow it and it will take you to your pilot.

During the day you are a Y-Wing. Use your ion to disable all the sensors. Once the sensors are disabled, backtrack to the beginning of the level. To your left you will find a path when backtrack. Take it and it should take you to the TIE. I often hit those invisible barriers that make you turn several times before I actually pinpoint the exact location, so be a little patient when searching since the imperials shouldn't know that you're here yet. Eventually you will come to a canyon that is practically baron with the exception of a communication tower (satellite) and a single parked TIE Fighter. Use your ion to disable the tower. Once the tower is disabled the TIE will try to flee the scene. Ion it 2 to 3 times then wait. After the ion's side effects subside on the TIE it should make a U turn and land, so don't accidently destroy it thinking you failed to disable it quickly enough. Once it lands a blue rebel icon should appear above it allowing you to switch ships. Unlike at night, the imperials will know you stole the TIE when you reach the base, so be careful. Simply steal the shuttle now and complete the mission as you would normally do.

If you stolen the TIE and completed the mission for both times, the TIE will now be available in the hanger. It will be in the obscure room located behind and to the right of the Millenium Falcon.

Lord Malakite
11-28-2001, 10:08 AM
*Upgrades - MUST COMPLETE THE LEVEL TO KEEP THE UPGRADE*

Advanced Shields - Death Star Attack
It is found in the 2nd. part of the mission where you have to destroy the TIES. It is approximately 15-20 degrees to the left of your starting point. Once you reach the location, fly low near the gun turret there and you'll eventually spot the cone.

Advanced Proton Torpedoes - Ison Corridor Ambush
Right as you start, fly down. Just below the Frigate is a clump of
debris. If you look closely, you can see a square hole in the debris. Fly through the hole to get the cone

Advanced Lasers - Battle of Hoth
Fly back to where the Shield Generator used to be before being destroyed and you'll find the cone.

Advanced Cluster Missiles - Prisons of the Maw
On your way between the weapons depot and the comms towers, you'll see off to your right a cluster of two structures: a dish, and a dome. Bomb the dome, and you'll find the cone inside.

Advanced Proton Bombs - Razor Rendezvous
Off to the port side of the Star Destroyer (far side from where you
start) is a Lambda Shuttle making a break for it. Destroy it to get the cone.

Homing Proton Torpedoes - Vengeance on Kothlis
The cone is inside the Star Destroyer. Specifically it's in the bridge tower. Fly slow as you come up on the front of the tower and enter a hole on the left portion. It's inside, but you may die
trying to get out.

Advanced Concussion Missiles - Imperial Academy Heist (Day)
There are large concrete hangars around the academy. Fly into the east hangar (if the Shuttle's considered to be in the north area) to collect the cone.

Spread Proton Bombs - Imperial Academy Heist (Night)
There are large concrete hangars around the academy. Fly into the west hangar (if the Shuttle's considered to be in the north area) to collect the cone.

Homing Concussion Missiles - Raid on Bespin
Above the second set of platforms is an tubular Imperial Gas Freighter. Gun it down, and the cone will appear on the nearest platform. You may need to gun down some gas containers to find it.

Homing Cluster Missiles - Battle of Endor
You can actually pick this up at any time during this 2nd. part of the battle, but it's easier to find after you destroy the Star Destroyer on the left. Once you bust it open, it'll pitch down towards the planet and hang in an odd position. Fly near the Star Destroyer's hangar, or around the area, and you'll find the cone. The cone is actually in that arbitrary point in space from the moment you enter the 2nd. part, but it's far easier to pick it up when you have the crumbling Star Destroyer as a reference point.

Advanced Targeting Computer - Strike at the Core
On the last tunnel before the main reactor (you'll know it because you'll see blue shimmering at the end), there will be a series of pipes bracketing the lower right corner of the tunnel. Fly under these pipes and under the last one, you'll find the cone.

evenflow
12-02-2001, 04:36 PM
Lamda Shuttle - Where can i see a picture of this ?

This is all cool stuff, because the game is really hard. I hope some passcodes come up, because there is no possible way I am going to get all gold medals.

Lord Malakite
12-03-2001, 01:17 PM
The shuttle is in the imperial hanger. You have to playing either imperial bonus mission to see it. The only reason I consider this a secret ship is because it is technically like the Falcon in the normal hanger. They are both there from the get go, but can't be played until you have a certain type and number of medals. As far as pics on the web, I don't know of any off the top of my head. One other thing, in the imperial hanger if you look up at the ceiling in between the Shuttle and TIE Advance you will see a TIE Bomber.

evenflow
12-03-2001, 05:01 PM
Very cool, thanks for the info. I hope i get there soon.

bigbarada
12-30-2001, 09:36 PM
Just give me the infinite lives, infinite shields, unlock all levels and unlock all ships codes and I'll be happy. The first level of this game is almost ridiculously hard and I'm sick of seeing that movie intro because I die every ten minutes.:frus:

BTW, I actually had my game lock up on me once. It happened after I died so it didn't interupt gameplay; but the screen went blank and the music just kept playing. I couldn't even reset, I had to power off then turn it back on. Anybody else have this kind of problem?:confused:

Lord Malakite
01-03-2002, 01:49 AM
You ask and you shall receive. It is a 2 part code.

JPVI?IJC (R2-D2 will not beep) - Infinite lives {1st. part}
RSBFNRL (R2-D2 will beep) - Infinite lives {2nd. part}

Not quite certain what the 1st. code means, but the 2nd. one is the combined intitials to all the Rogue type SW games (Rogue Squadron, Battle For Naboo, and Rogue Leader).

Lord Malakite
01-03-2002, 01:56 AM
Still looking for secret ship codes.

While I don't know any yet, I can almost garantee that their is at least one (most likely from Episode II) that will replace the extra A-Wing in the main hanger.

evenflow
01-04-2002, 11:19 AM
I have to agree that there is an Episode II ship, but we will not get that code until after the movie comes out. The game is really hard, and i dont think it will be possible for me to get all gold medals. I am having a hard enough time to get silver. I hope we get some codes soon.

preacher
01-04-2002, 01:47 PM
The only Gold medal I have is from the first bonus mission "Escape from the Death Star". I will say that it helps if you find the advanced lasers, that way you don't waste a whole lot of time on any one tie at a given moment.

I have mostly silver on all other levels, except bronze on the battle of Endor, but I still can't beat the death star II run. Always get caught up in the explosion following Lando.

I'm a merely a butthair away from getting gold on the first mission. The mission that drove me the most nuts was "RAid on Bespin". I found out by accident that ...

***SPOILER****

blowing up the pilot flame under the balloon blows the whole balloon up. Before I was taking out each individual turbolaser on the balloon. Funny thing is I actually did make it past that part of the level by attacking just the turbolasers and then in cloud city I smashed into a tower. I was ****ed.

***END SPOILER***

I love this game! It may be difficult, but it has tons of replay value.

Omega Fett
01-08-2002, 11:50 PM
how kool is Slave 1 !?!?

Lord Malakite
01-09-2002, 02:25 AM
Unfortunately, Slave I isn't very good. It has the speed of a Y-Wing and the shields of an A-Wing. The only thing going for it is the cluster missles. Once you get Vader's Tie (also has clusters) though, it is basically worthless. Its only real use is for an easy gold on the Ison Corridor Ambush level. It also helps for the gold on Vengeance on Kothlis level.

TeeEye7
01-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Has anyone beaten the game yet?

Lord Malakite
01-10-2002, 11:55 AM
I have. That is why I know all this stuff posted.

Lord Malakite
01-31-2002, 02:40 PM
I mentioned this before in an older topic, but have decide to repost it here for those who might have missed it.

Remember that Black Buick you could play as in Rogue Squadron
and later on in Battle For Naboo if you knew the right passcodes
to enter. Well it has decided to grace us with its glory once again in Rogue Squadron II. It can be found on the Ison Corredor level behind the Frigate when you enter gas cloud section of the level. It is still unknown if it is playable as in the other games.

Makes you wonder why Lucas Arts loves the thing. I heard its because one of the programmers owns the car in real life and just loves to show it off.

Lord Malakite
01-31-2002, 02:49 PM
In any of the hangers you can pass through walls by pressing up against one and holding the control stick and the C-stick up and at the same time tapping the X button repeatedly.

If you crash immediately before any cutscene, when the scene is over your ships shields are restored, but you will not lose a life for it.

I'll continue to keep you updated.

Lord Malakite
02-08-2002, 08:21 PM
Finally got some secret ship codes. Just like infinite lives, they are both two part codes.

CDYXF!?Q (R2-D2 will not beep) - Naboo Fighter {1st. part}
ASEPONE! (R2-D2 will beep) - Naboo Fighter {2nd. part}

MVPQIU?A (R2-D2 will not beep) - Millenium Falcon {1st. part}
OH!BUDDY (R2-D2 will beep) - Millenium Falcon {2nd. part}

TeeEye7
02-13-2002, 07:34 AM
I've been meaning to thank you on behalf of my 12 year old son for the latest secret ships codes.

The rate of fire on the Naboo Fighter is impressive.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge of the game! :)

Wolfwood319
02-13-2002, 11:35 AM
I got Super Smash Bros Melee when it came out, and have been playing that for about 3 months straight now. Last night I went back and played Rouge Leader, and I forgot what an awesome game it was.

Thanks for the codes Malakite, although it won't help me get my remaining Platinum medals.

I would have to guess that the AOTC ship in the game is the Jedi Starfighter, it would be easiest for them to do, because they could take the model from Jedi Starfighter.

BTW, I played Obi-Wan on an X-Box demo at a TRU, without a doubt, the worst game I've played in years.

Lord Malakite
02-14-2002, 12:35 AM
You're welcome guys. ;) I'm glad my talent could be put to good use.

Just be certain to keep checking back and I'll continue to post more codes as soon as I obtain them.

evenflow
02-15-2002, 07:52 AM
Great work wiith the codes. Keep it up, we still need the codes for Slave I, Lanbda Shuttle, and Vader's Tie.

Boba Rhett
02-15-2002, 05:35 PM
Ask and you shall recieve. ;) Here's three more codes.

The first one unlocks all standard levels, the second unlocks the first bonus level and the third makes the Tie Fighter an available craft.

Go here to get them:

http://www.lucasconsoles.com/fullstory.php#newsitemEpEFZuVAZZIddVaQfH

Please check out the rest of that site too! :D

Lord Malakite
02-16-2002, 12:37 AM
Alright, I have three new codes. These are also two part codes.

!??QWTTJ (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open all normal levels {1st. part}
CLASSIC (R2-D2 will beep) - Open all normal levels {2nd. part}

PYST?OOO (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open first bonus level {1st.part}
DUCKSHOT (R2-D2 will beep) - Open first bonus level {2nd. part}

ZT?!RGBA (R2-D2 will not beep) - TIE Fighter {1st. part}
DISPSBLE (R2-D2 will beep) - TIE Fighter {2nd. part}

:confused: Looks like someone's trying to upstage me. :p
I just posted those same codes. Good job Boba Rhett. :)

evenflow
02-16-2002, 01:30 PM
Very cool again guys. Keep up the good work. We still need some more codes for the other ships. :)

Lobito
02-25-2002, 05:23 PM
Great, with all this info i should get the remaining gold medals, but i agree...this is an extremely difficult game. So far i have 5 gold medals, 7 silver medals and 1 bronze medal. But still...i cant unlock the last mission. We'll see if we can.

Lobito
02-25-2002, 05:30 PM
Are there platinum medals in the game?? And for that matter in the past two games?? Roqgue Squadron and Battle for Naboo. I once got a message from a friend telling me u could get the platinum medals. And now Wolfwood said he is fighting for platinum...so there.

Lord Malakite
02-25-2002, 06:18 PM
Yeah, there are Platinum Medals. Out of the three games, only two of the games have them (Battle for Naboo and Rogue Leader).

In "Battle for Naboo" you have do better than you normally would for gold medals. There is one big catch behind these medals, they don't tell you exactly how much better you have to be in order to get them. I have the Platinum requirements written down and can post them if you like. Your reward for all plats is the AAT and Swamp Speeder.

In "Rogue Leader" the Plats are also referred to sometimes as Ace Medals. They aren't as hard to get. First, you have unlock ace mode by getting all gold medals. Then, simply complete a level with ace mode turned on to recieve them. Your reward for all plats is your final rank, "Gallactic Allied Commander".

Lord Malakite
02-25-2002, 07:29 PM
Here are the platinum requirements for "Battle for Naboo".

evenflow
02-26-2002, 03:12 PM
Any more codes yet for unlocking Slave I or Vader's Tie.

Dryanta
02-26-2002, 03:58 PM
Help anybody?I can't get any of the codes you guys have posted to work.Any Ideas?

Lord Malakite
02-26-2002, 04:41 PM
I don't have any more codes to post at the moment evenflow, but don't worry. As soon as I get some more, I'll post them immediately.

What seems to be the exact problem Dryanta?
Most of the codes posted here have been two parters. In order for them to work, you must put the first password in, then the other. The first code put in will never beep. Also, you can't put in the first part of one code, put in another code, then put in the second part of the original code. They have to be put in back to back. You might also be entering the code wrong (one incorrect letter, etc.). The only other thing I can think of is that you might be hitting the wrong button to enter the code, like the backout button. Hope that helps.

Dryanta
02-26-2002, 09:47 PM
got it now.Thanks.All I need now is more codes(slave 1 Vader's advanced ect.)thanks again

Lord Malakite
03-19-2002, 12:33 AM
After a long drought, I have a new code. Hopefully this will help. I'll post more as I get them.

AYZB!RCL (R2-D2 will not beep) - All upgrades {1st. part}
WRKFORIT (R2-D2 will beep) - All upgrades {2nd. part}

evenflow
03-19-2002, 11:46 AM
Very cool. Keep them coming though. We still need the codes for Slave I and Vader's Tie. And if there are any other hidden ships in there.

Lord Malakite
03-19-2002, 02:27 PM
Will do evenflow. I am expecting at least seven more codes to be found for the game. One for each of the four remaining bonus levels, one for both of the remaining known secret ships, and at least one for an unknown, code exclusive, secret ship.

evenflow
03-19-2002, 04:04 PM
Awesome, I can't wait. I am assuming that the secret ship will be an Episode II ship.

Lord Malakite
03-19-2002, 10:42 PM
Here's another code.

TVLYBBXL (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open second bonus level {1st. part}
NOWAR!!! (R2-D2 will beep) - Open second bonus level {2nd. part}

Lord Malakite
03-19-2002, 11:01 PM
If there is a secret unknown ship as the extra A-Wing in the hanger would suggest, my guess is that it will probably be from Episode II. This will most likely be the last code to be released.

Lobito
04-02-2002, 03:22 PM
I got Battle for Naboo again!! I posted earlier that my first game got stolen, but i ordered it and Voila!! So i was replaying the game...the first time i got all the gold medals sans one. Then i read here about the platinum medals so that would give the game an added value...so as i started playing the game...man, the game moves sooooslow...specially after playing Rougue Leader for a long time. Try this, play Rougue Leader in the GC, for lets say 2 days, then quit playing and start Battle for Naboo. You'll see what i mean. Anyway, i still love Battle for Naboo, and i'm getting all my medals back. Good Luck my friends!!:D

Lord Malakite
04-04-2002, 08:03 PM
I'm back with another new code. I'll have more when they are available.

AZTBOHII (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open third bonus level {1st. part}
OUTCAST! (R2-D2 will beep) - Open third bonus level {2nd. part}

Dryanta
04-04-2002, 08:12 PM
Thanks Lord malakite.
I went back and started the game over again and used the other codes you posted to open the first two bonus missions.I then had enough points to open the last two.
I managed to open Slave one with all the silvers but there is no way I'll ever get all gold for Vaders Tie or the Imperial shuttle.
Any scuttle butt at all about the supposed EP 2 secret ship that may be in there?Jedi Star fighter maybe?

Lord Malakite
04-04-2002, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
Any scuttle butt at all about the supposed EP 2 secret ship that may be in there?Jedi Star fighter maybe?

Not much is known about an unknown secret ship as of right now. I believe there is at least one based on two factors. First, the original Rogue Squadron had one for Episode I, plus the game came out a few months before Episode I was in theaters. The same holds true to Rogue Leader when compared to Episode II's release in theaters. So it only makes sense. Second, we know for a fact that the second X-Wing is replaced with a secret ship in the main hanger of this game. It only makes sense that the same will hold true with the second A-Wing. Most people believe that if there is a secret ship, it will indeed be the Jedi Starfighter since it looks quite similar in appearance. This code will most likely be the last to be found if there is one since it is the most anticipated.

What levels are you having trouble getting gold on?

Dryanta
04-04-2002, 08:43 PM
I managed to get two golds before my newer TV blew up.LOL
Now all I have is an old set were I can barely see my sites.LOL.Man I do mean blew up too.I had to use Slave one to get gold in ison corridor ambush.It also works great for the first part of vengence on kothis.Thanks for the info.I was unaware of the previous game setup

Lord Malakite
04-05-2002, 04:53 PM
You've been asking for it. Now by popular demand the code is here.

PZ?APBSY (R2-D2 will not beep) - Boba Fett's Slave I {1st. part}
IRONSHIP (R2-D2 will beep) - Boba Fett's Slave I {2nd. part}

evenflow
04-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Great Work!!!!!! Just a few more left, Vader's Tie and if there are any other secret ships. Great work though.

Lord Malakite
04-22-2002, 12:14 PM
Two more codes. Get them while they're hot.

AJHH!?JY (R2-D2 will not beep) - Lamda Shuttle {1st. part}
BUSTOUR (R2-D2 will beep) - Lamda Shuttle {2nd. part}

OGGRWPDG (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open fourth bonus level {1st. part}
EEKEEK! (R2-D2 will beep) - Open fourth bonus level {2nd. part}

evenflow
04-22-2002, 05:18 PM
You are the man. Is there even anything left? I have faith that you will uncover them soon.

Lord Malakite
05-06-2002, 05:00 PM
Two more codes for your viewing pleasure.

?WCYBRTC (R2-D2 will not beep) - Open fifth and final bonus level {1st. part}
??MBC??? (R2-D2 will beep) - Open fifth and final bonus level {2nd. part}

NYM!UUOK (R2-D2 will not beep) - Darth Vader's TIE Fighter {1st. part}
BLKHLMT! (R2-D2 will beep) - Darth Vader's TIE Fighter {2nd. part}

Dryanta
05-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Thanks LM.going to try them out right now!!!

evenflow
05-07-2002, 06:23 PM
Very cool. I guess all that's left is if there is a secret ship. I have not gotten the Lamda Shuttle to work though, any sugesstions?

Lord Malakite
05-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Are you playing the right levels? The Imperial Shuttle is only playable on the "Triumph of the Empire" and "Revenge on Yavin" levels.

evenflow
05-09-2002, 01:49 PM
i dont know? The bonus levels wont open wither. I must be doing soemhting wrong.

Lord Malakite
05-09-2002, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
i dont know? The bonus levels wont open wither. I must be doing soemhting wrong.

Must be. The question is what exactly are you doing wrong? Is anyone else having similar problems?

Dryanta
05-09-2002, 08:51 PM
Hey evenflow and LM.There is one code that will not work for me either.I just need to remember which one.I think it was the asterroid field,I opened it with medel points.System glich?
yes that's the one

Lord Malakite
05-09-2002, 09:31 PM
I just went through and checked them all to make certain I didn't screw up and type them in wrong. They are all the correct codes. Other people I have talked to have also said that they got them to work. One possibility as to why you can't get them to work could be due to a bug in the game. After all, this game took only 8 months to make. Another problem, the disk could be defective, scratched, or smudged so it isn't reading like it should. Either that or you are entering the code incorrectly. Thats the only thing I can think of.

Dryanta
05-09-2002, 09:52 PM
I think the flawed disc idea might be it.Question;One of the codes given opened up a seperate saved game file on mine.Same with everyone else?

Lord Malakite
05-20-2002, 04:27 PM
Two more codes for the books.

U!?!VWZC ( R2-D2 will not beep) - Unlock Ace Mode {1st. part}
GIVEITUP (R2-D2 will beep) - Unlock Ace Mode {2nd. part}

!ZUVIEL! (R2-D2 will not beep) - 1969 Buick {1st. part}
!BENZIN! (R2-D2 will not beep) - 1969 Buick {2nd. part}

Please note that the Buick (previously only seen on the Ison Corridor Ambush level as a piece of debris) replaces the second A-Wing in the main hanger.

Lobito
05-20-2002, 05:05 PM
So that means there is no Jedi Starfighter in Rougue Leader??

evenflow
05-20-2002, 05:07 PM
Very cool. I wish that there was a Jedi Starfighter though.

Lord Malakite
05-20-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Lobito
So that means there is no Jedi Starfighter in Rougue Leader??

Don't give up hope yet. It is still possible that the Jedi Starfighter is in the game. The Buick code resets itself when the system is turned off, much like the Buick code from the original Rogue Squadron did with the V-Wing. So its still possible it could replace one of the A-Wings.

Even if it don't replace one of the A-Wings, there is still plenty of room in other areas of the hanger for it to appear.

evenflow
05-23-2002, 10:24 AM
I am sure if it is in there, you will find it.

chrisc
06-02-2002, 02:31 PM
I was wondering about that TIE Bomber in the Imperial hangar. Is that a unlockable ship or not? If it is is there a code for it? In case you don't know what I'm talking about walk to the hangar exit and look right above Vaders fighter and theres the TIE Bomber.

Jason B
06-02-2002, 02:34 PM
there is plenty of room in the Hangar for some other ships. TIE Bomber would be sweet. :)

LTBasker
06-02-2002, 05:05 PM
A TIE Bomber would be very fun to fly, and would be probably great for the Yavin mission.

I was hoping after E2 was released that LucasArts would release a code for a Rogue Leader Jedi Starfighter like they did in Rogue Squadron for the Naboo Fighter but I guess they didn't put one in. :(

chrisc
06-02-2002, 10:31 PM
Don't cry just yet. Always in motion is the future. You never know Lucasarts might release.

Lord Malakite
06-02-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by chrisc
I was wondering about that TIE Bomber in the Imperial hangar. Is that a unlockable ship or not? If it is is there a code for it? In case you don't know what I'm talking about walk to the hangar exit and look right above Vaders fighter and theres the TIE Bomber.

The TIE Bomber on the ceiling is for decoration only. That is why it is the only ship with a reflection. There is always the possibility that there is a code that will let you play as the TIE Bomber. If there is, I'll find it.

pthfnder89
06-03-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite

Don't give up hope yet. It is still possible that the Jedi Starfighter is in the game. The Buick code resets itself when the system is turned off, much like the Buick code from the original Rogue Squadron did with the V-Wing. So its still possible it could replace one of the A-Wings.

Even if it don't replace one of the A-Wings, there is still plenty of room in other areas of the hanger for it to appear.

It's certainly possible but I really believe that if the Jedi Starfighter were in the game they would have mentioned it by now.

Also, one thing I was thinking about : Sony and Microsoft paid to have the Jedi Starfighter game exclusive to their consoles. It's possible that they didn't include it in Rogue Leader because they didn't want the other two companies accusing them of infringing on that.

Lord Malakite
06-03-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

It's certainly possible but I really believe that if the Jedi Starfighter were in the game they would have mentioned it by now.

Also, one thing I was thinking about : Sony and Microsoft paid to have the Jedi Starfighter game exclusive to their consoles. It's possible that they didn't include it in Rogue Leader because they didn't want the other two companies accusing them of infringing on that.

The Naboo Fighter code for the original Rogue Squadron didn't show up until late June/early July in the latest issue of Nintendo Power as an exclusive NP code. So I still think its still possible.

I doubt Sony and Microsoft can accuse them of infringement for including the Jedi Starfighter. They paid for an exclusive game, not an exclusive ship, which is exactly what they got. That would be like saying it was infringement because Star Wars was in the title of the game when their exclusive game has the words Star Wars in it's title.

Jason B
06-03-2002, 05:29 PM
yeah, they couldnt do that. it isnt even like it's a main ship, itsa bonus ship. oh well, only time will tell.

pthfnder89
06-04-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
oh well, only time will tell.

Yup, that's what it boils down to. I would love to see it in the gaem, I just don't think it'll happen now. But who knows? :)

Lobito
06-06-2002, 08:24 PM
The TIE Bomber on the ceiling is for decoration only. That is why it is the only ship with a reflection. There is always the possibility that there is a code that will let you play as the TIE Bomber. If there is, I'll find it.

I noticed that when u are in the Imperial Hangar u can actually look at 2 Tie Bombers. One is in the ceiling and the other is under the other ships. I dont know if this is a reflection of the Tie in the ceiling, but if it isnt, we still can hope to get that one.:D

Lord Malakite
06-07-2002, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by Lobito

I noticed that when u are in the Imperial Hangar u can actually look at 2 Tie Bombers. One is in the ceiling and the other is under the other ships. I dont know if this is a reflection of the Tie in the ceiling, but if it isnt, we still can hope to get that one.:D

It is a second ship. Its a cheap trick used in video games to make reflections in video games. If you use the walk through walls glitch I posted earlier, you'll see that there is a second hanger with TIE Bomber flipped upside down to create the reflection illusion.

Jason B
06-07-2002, 11:14 AM
there are a lot of tricks like that that game programmers use. ie. in Serious Sam, high above each level, in the middle, there is a room hidden from view, until you enter it. inside of it, there are one of each of all of the ememies you will encounter in the entire level. this makes it so everything for them is loaded once, otherwise, every time you encounter one, the game lags because it has to load all of the data for them.

TeeEye7
06-11-2002, 05:05 AM
If you haven't tried the '69 Buick, do so! It may look silly, but it's really F A S T (watch it catch those TIE interceptors) and the rate of fire on the guns is cool! :D

I wonder if George had one.....:confused:

Lord Malakite
06-11-2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by TeeEye7
I wonder if George had one.....:confused:

Actually, one of the programmers for the game owns the car in real life.

TeeEye7
06-12-2002, 08:09 AM
That makes sense. I see George as more of a "Chevy" man....

Lobito
06-17-2002, 04:30 PM
Finally i am in the last level of the game with 1 silver and 14 gold medals without using any code. So now that i saw what i need to get the gold in the "Endurance" level...1300 kills...how can u do that without losing less than 12 lives???? any strategies would be appreciated. So far i shot 573 ties/lamdas, but still its really hard.

Lord Malakite
06-18-2002, 03:36 AM
Funny you should ask that since I got a PM from chrisc about the same level. I was going to copy and paste the response I sent him, but I can't seem to find it in my sent messages and I know I didn't delete it. The only thing I can of is that I thought I sent it, but didn't. If that is the case, I would first like to say that I am sorry for not answering his PM over a week ago. :sur: :stupid:

Now on to the strategy. :)

I would choose either the X-Wing or the Naboo Starfighter and use this simple strategy, play chicken. Defeat the first couple of TIE waves by dog fighting as you normally would. Then when you get to the harder TIE waves, fly straight past the incoming wave until they're on the bottom of your radar as a big cluster. Turn around and fire at as many as possible with your targeting computer on while flying head on. It helps to have the targeting computer upgrade and don't worry about targeting computer effeciency since it is 0%. Defeat all Shuttle waves by dogfighting as you normally do (you get one extra life after each shuttle wave you destroy). After the 99th wave, Vader will come out to play. Two homing torpedos will easily finish him. May the force be with you.

Jason B
06-18-2002, 09:36 PM
use the code for the chevy. it's the best "ship" of them all, and it dis-appears every time you turn the console off. good speed, good guns, awesome missiles, and it even has shields. :)

chrisc
06-19-2002, 10:04 PM
Hey Lord Malakite I did recieve your PM. Thanks it worked for me .
Your strategy is better than what I was doing. I kept dogfighting.
Thanks Again.

stillakid
06-19-2002, 10:11 PM
Thanks for all the tips guys! I just got this a couple weeks ago. How in Hades did you find those tiny little cones in the first place?!!!

OneArmedJango
06-19-2002, 10:33 PM
Hey, Can you guys help me with this game? I am two pts. from geting a screat lvl. Do you have any Idea on how to get the pts.? If you could help it would be great.
-One

LTBasker
06-20-2002, 12:14 AM
You get points from getting medals. Just work on levels for a bit and you'll get more medals, the higher the medal you get, the more points you get.

Lord Malakite
06-20-2002, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Thanks for all the tips guys! I just got this a couple weeks ago. How in Hades did you find those tiny little cones in the first place?!!!

A little luck and talking with fellow gamers. ;)

Originally posted by OneArmedJango
Hey, Can you guys help me with this game? I am two pts. from geting a screat lvl. Do you have any Idea on how to get the pts.? If you could help it would be great.
-One

LTBasker is correct, points are based on medals. You receive 3 points for a bronze medal, 6 for silver, and 10 for gold. You can't get more than 10 points per level though. That means that if you get a bronze on a level for example and then subsequently receive a gold on your next try, you won't get the 3 for bronze and another 10 for the gold making 13 points. The gold will only add 7 extra points to make the total of 10 points for that level.

Originally posted by Jason B
use the code for the chevy. it's the best "ship" of them all, and it dis-appears every time you turn the console off. good speed, good guns, awesome missiles, and it even has shields.

It sure is, but I wouldn't use it for earning medals. It takes away from the challenge. Speaking of which, I have found out that Rudolf Stember (http://www.stember.com/) is the programmer who owns the car in real life. He has a web page devoted to the car and some of the games it has appeared in. You will also find out that the codes used to play the car in various games are actually real german words, which makes sense since he is from Germany.

Jason B
06-21-2002, 10:19 AM
It takes away from the challenge.

I wish it did. :) I think the highest i did with it was like 10 or 12 waves, i dont really remember.

scruffziller
07-01-2002, 12:26 PM
I really like the Naboo Star fighter. It is one of the better ships. What I really like about it is that looks OLD, battle hardened like it has been through rough times......since the empire arose which is refreshing to me to see it come full circle and be shown in this way instead of all shiny clean in EPS1 like the first Rougue squadron.

LTBasker
07-01-2002, 12:31 PM
One thing I just realized that they should've worked on in RS is that when you're in space levels, if you try to pull straight upwards and just fly that way, it still tries to level you out while there is no gravitational pull in space that would do so and it's kinda annoying when you're trying to come up under a Star Destroyer to attack it's 3rd shield generator from below but you have to do it at an angle.

Not actually a huge deal, but just something that would've made it cooler, methinks.

stillakid
07-01-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
One thing I just realized that they should've worked on in RS is that when you're in space levels, if you try to pull straight upwards and just fly that way, it still tries to level you out while there is no gravitational pull in space that would do so and it's kinda annoying when you're trying to come up under a Star Destroyer to attack it's 3rd shield generator from below but you have to do it at an angle.

Not actually a huge deal, but just something that would've made it cooler, methinks.

I think you can turn off the auto-leveling in the Options. :confused:

stillakid
07-01-2002, 03:00 PM
I haven't made it too far into the game (one level past the Hoth mission) but I wanted to see the Buick. It shows up on that level but I can't fly it. Do I need to unlock the A Wing at a later level before being allowed to pilot the car?

Jason B
07-01-2002, 05:59 PM
You can't fly it in that mission, because you start out with a speeder, then jump to a Y-Wing. If that's the first mission that you see it, then you should be able to fly it in the next one.
Hold down Z, and you can turn and rotate any way you want to, and the ship won't fly itself.

Lord Malakite
07-02-2002, 07:49 AM
I believe you are talking about the "Prisons on Maw" level Stilla. You can only fly the Y-Wing during that mission.

Jason B
07-02-2002, 07:53 AM
Oops, my bad. I didn't notice that you sadi "One mission after Hoth." :o I thought you were playing Hoth.
Lord_Malakite's right. :)

stillakid
07-02-2002, 09:11 AM
I believe you are talking about the "Prisons on Maw" level Stilla. You can only fly the Y-Wing during that mission.

Thanks! I hear that it's a long and difficult mission. I hope to get through it soon. :)

Lord Malakite
11-01-2002, 02:40 AM
New code, we've got a new code! This one is a three part code.

VV?GXRYP (R2-D2 will not beep) - Jango Fett's Slave I {1st. part}
CNOOQ!ZR (R2-D2 will not beep) - Jango Fett's Slave I {2nd. part}
JFETTSHP (R2-D2 will beep) - Jango Fett's Slave I {3rd. part}

This code is for Jango Fett's Slave I. As far as I can tell, it is exactly like Boba Fett's Slave I, with the obvious exception of the color. You must have Boba Fett's ship unlocked before this code will work however, as Jango's Slave I will replace Boba's Slave I in the hanger.

If you get tired of the new look, re-enter the code to replace Jango's Slave I with Boba's Slave I again.

In light of this new code, I will most likely go back and label the previous Slave I code as Boba Fett's Slave I to avoid any confusion.

Boba Rhett
11-01-2002, 02:46 AM
Shweeeeeet!

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 03:40 PM
Thank you my dear brother, er, I meant to say Lord Malakite. No relation here.

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 04:36 PM
I'm having some trouble distinguishing between the two ships colors. It really looks like the ships stay the same color.

James Boba Fettfield
11-01-2002, 04:48 PM
Never mind my last post. I figured out the color differences.

evenflow
11-02-2002, 01:54 PM
Awesome. I didnt even realize there was a new code.

stillakid
03-01-2003, 12:05 AM
cough cough...dusty in here.

Anyway, I don't get to play that often which is why I'm only a few levels into the game. But I now have 12 points, one bronze and now one silver. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to upgrade my medals on the ones I've earned. What does it take? For example on the very first level, the attack on the Death Star I have a bronze. I play and play and play but no matter how much faster I go or how many more TIEs I take out myself, I still sit with a bronze and 6 points. Am I missing a trick somewhere?

(btw, I'm currently at the level where you have to take out the AT ATs and AT STs on the beach after the Star Destroyer crashes. How many more after this, not including the ones you unlock?)

James Boba Fettfield
03-01-2003, 06:33 AM
Just get these requirements or better and you get a gold. This list has all of the missions tacked on, so that should answer your question about the following missions. Any further questions you might be able to have answered at: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/gamecube/data/32500.html
Just look under the FAQS or wherever to find what you need.

Mission 1 - Death Star Attack

Time: 6:05
Enemies: 91
Accuracy: 39%
Friendlies Lost: 0
Lives Lost: 0
Computer Efficiency: 100%

===

Mission 2 - Ison Corridor Ambush

Time: 4:11
Enemies: 40
Accuracy: 19%
Friendlies Lost: 2
Computer Efficiency: 72%

===

Mission 3 - Battle of Hoth

Time: 5:00
Enemies: 43
Accuracy: 53%
Friendlies Lost: 22

===

Mission 4 - Prisons of the Maw

Time: 9:19
Enemies: 63
Accuracy: 75%
Lives Lost: 1
Computer Efficiency: 75%

===

Mission 5 - Razor Rendezvous

Time: 1:19
Enemies: 10
Accuracy: 60%
Computer Efficiency: 85%

===

Mission 6 - Vengeance on Kothlis

Time: 9:55
Enemies: 100
Accuracy: 27%
Computer Efficiency: 85%

===

Mission 7 - Imperial Academy Heist

Time: 4:11
Enemies: 51
Accuracy: 49%

===

Mission 8 - Raid on Bespin

Time: 6:40
Enemies: 110
Accuracy: 65%
Friendlies Lost: 29
Computer Efficiency: 72%

===

Mission 9 - Battle of Endor

Time: 10:00
Enemies: 60
Accuracy: 31%
Friendlies Lost: 6
Computer Efficiency: 80%

===

Mission 10 - Strike at the Core

Time: 5:05
Enemies: 41
Accuracy: 32%
Computer Efficiency: 95%

===

Secret Mission 1 - Death Star Escape

Time: 1:20
Enemies: 35
Accuracy: 16%

===

Secret Mission 2 - The Asteroid Field

Time: 4:34
Enemies: 50
Accuracy: 10%
Computer Efficiency: 75%

===

Secret Mission 3 - Triumph of the Empire

Time: 4:00
Enemies: 32
Accuracy: 35%
Friendlies Lost: 3

===

Secret Mission 4 - Revenge on Yavin

Time: 4:19
Enemies: 36
Accuracy: 65%
Friendlies Lost: 15

===

Secret Mission 5 - Endurance

Time: 400:00
Enemies: 1300
Accuracy: 8%
Waves: 99
Lives Lost: 12
Computer Efficiency: 0%

Lord Malakite
03-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
For example on the very first level, the attack on the Death Star I have a bronze. I play and play and play but no matter how much faster I go or how many more TIEs I take out myself, I still sit with a bronze and 6 points. Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Don't feel bad stilla. Death Star Attack is one of, if not the, hardest level to obtain a gold medal on.

stillakid
03-12-2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks, guys for the help! And thanks JBF for the link. I'm still plugging away... :D

(if it means anything, I went from my Atari 2600 system to Gamecube overnight, so I need a little more time to get used to the whole thing)

Adam
03-23-2003, 12:00 AM
The way to get silver on the 1st level - Part 1 Shoot as many turrets as you can while killing the towers. Part 2 Kill as many towers as you can while taking on tie fighters, but don't take too long. Part 3 - Close your S-foils for the whole trench run, and only open them when you do the dive-brake method to shake the ties and darth vader.

I still can't get gold on that level. Try going to gamfaqs.com there's a lot of helpfull tips in the Rogue Leader section.

Whoops! Didn't see that Gamefaqs was already mentioned. my bad!