PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bounty (hunters) 4-pack is out!

jedi master sal
08-07-2003, 11:04 AM
I found the 4-pack Ultimate Bounty yesterday. I got mine at TRU. Nice set. Even though I have all of these in triplicate from their carded versions it was still worth it, if even just for Aura Sing's speederbike! That thing is awesome!

I got lucky finding this since it had been stuffed behind all of the other Imperial 4-packs. (Glad I check behind stuff)

One MAJOR thing I noticed was that Aura does not have her "antenna" sticking out of her head in the 4-pack. It's completely missing!

LTBasker
08-07-2003, 01:23 PM
One MAJOR thing I noticed was that Aura does not have her "antenna" sticking out of her head in the 4-pack. It's completely missing!

They didn't have it on the POTJ release either, I suppose they consider it too much of a minor object so they won't put it on her.

Did your Bossk have missing emblems as well? Heard alot of them have been like that.

jedi master sal
08-07-2003, 03:29 PM
I'll look into that, about Bossk. I thought that Aura had an antenna on the POTJ fig, but I guess not. (I checked the database here to confirm it though, just in case)

Still, Hasbro could have added this then to this figure.

Only major complaint about this set is lack of accessories.

(with exception to Aura's ride!)

jpak001
08-07-2003, 04:45 PM
My Bossk has no emblems, and Boba's weapons are a much softer plastic than the previous release....

Other than that, the figs seem to be the same as the single card versions. Aura's bike is awesome! Looks great when you clip her rifle on the high-back seat. I have her with the left hand on the handlebars, and the right hand holding Bossk's pistol (since he didn't have that in ESB anyways..).

BTW: I saw a ton of these sets at Valencia TRU today. Hopefully the Hoth set will start poping up soon too!

Sentinel18725
08-09-2003, 11:42 PM
I picked up mine today after leaving the Comic-Con. They were at all TRU around the Rosemont Area (I went to three). Glad I didn't pay for it there! I was under the impression that the old Aurra did have the antenna. I'll look that up also!

stad
08-10-2003, 10:24 AM
Personally, I think this is a very nice set on Hasbro's part. Sure, the figures are all re-issues of old figures, but for the most part, figs that haven't been out in a few years. So newer collectors can get a bunch of the bounty hunters in one fell swoop. Speaking of which, the Swoop Bike looks very awesome, I'm probably mostly pleased with how well it looks. Anyways, it makes a nice bonus reason to buy the set, especially if you already had the figs.

Master Plo- Koon
08-11-2003, 12:39 AM
I was lucky to find it last week at TRU, like I did a few weeks before that for the Imperial forces pack. I really like Aurra's swoop bike.

I noticed at the convention on Friday, people were charging forty dollars for the four back. Bit pricy if you ask me, dont you agree?

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-11-2003, 12:45 AM
Ah, i guess i'm the only one who passed on this set?!? :confused: It just wasn't worth my $$ to me. A few rehashes and a speeder bike. Granted, it is a very nice set if you missed some random figs or care to open it, but between that and the LOTR toys staring at me, they won my patronage. hehehehehehehe :D

Banthaholic
08-12-2003, 09:36 PM
I found this set last weekend. It was the only one the TRU had, and was hidden a few shelves over.

The figures don't so to much for me sicne I already have them all, but I guess a modern IG-88 doesn't hurt since there were 5 of them in EU.

The swoop is a nice addition. I'm an avid Darkhorse reader, so anything EU related to the comics sits well with me.

It's definitely not a must have for everyone. For the swoop, or those that need the figures, or new collectors to out fine hobby it'll nice.

Dr Zoltar
08-13-2003, 12:33 AM
I'm still waiting for this to appear in the Seattle area. Hopefully it will show up in TRU's shipment this week.

It seems the Imperial 4 pack has been multiplying like rabbits though. I counted 12 at TRU today.

yngadult
08-13-2003, 06:28 PM
I got mine for the Boba Fett which IMO is better than Saga's version. I've waited on this one for quite some time almost buying a 2nd 300th edition on the secondary market. (my 1st is still boxed)
I opened the set and to my delight discovered Boba has a functional holster with a side arm. Wow, now he's even better than I imagined.