PDA

View Full Version : TRU Millenium Falcon Store Display

tgr3328
08-08-2003, 09:56 AM
Does anyone know anything about a store display Millenium Falcon used by TRU? It was supposed to be huge, at least twice the dimmensions of the POTF2 version and more correct to scale for the 4" action figures.

Did it open up and have an interior where you could put the action figures, or was it just a shell meant to hang from the ceiling?

Are they expensive to obtain? Just curious here. I have no where to keep one even if I could afford it.

Exhaust Port
08-08-2003, 10:07 AM
It was just a shell and every now and then they show up on eBay but it'll cost you a pretty penny to get one.

tgr3328
08-08-2003, 10:26 AM
Thanks.

I guess if you were into customizing, you could put in an interior.

bobafrett
08-12-2003, 06:52 PM
I saw one hanging in a store that had it for sale, along with the WAl-Mart Naboo Starfighter. I have a picture of both haging in the window, if I find it, I will scan it.

yngadult
08-13-2003, 05:43 PM
If you want "big" you should check out the one in FAO

bobafrett
08-14-2003, 02:07 AM
If you want "big" you should check out the one in FAO

FAO has been known to have huge Star Wars ships and vehicles. See attached photo from the FAO in Chicago. I'm the guy standing there is white.

Exhaust Port
08-14-2003, 07:31 AM
Well that's about right size for a 12" scale figure. The box would be hugh. :D

JediTricks
08-15-2003, 02:04 AM
They had this at FAO Glendale, CA, before it was closed. It's not a whole AT-AT though, but it's still cool. I wonder what they did with it when they finally gutted the store's interior...

yngadult
08-15-2003, 01:45 PM
That's what you find in a kids dream room. Adult SW fans probably dream of a room like that as well. I would :happy:

bobafrett
08-15-2003, 11:41 PM
Maybe a call to "Monster house" would be in order?

r2dee2
08-28-2003, 10:38 PM
Here are a couple of pics that may be useful in answering some of your size questions :)
Falcon 1 (http://www.sandtroopers.com/holocron/falcon.htm) Falcon 2 (http://www.readersadvice.com/museum/mfextra.html)

stillakid
08-28-2003, 10:41 PM
They had this at FAO Glendale, CA, before it was closed. It's not a whole AT-AT though, but it's still cool. I wonder what they did with it when they finally gutted the store's interior...

They closed that one? Awe man! Is the FAO in Beverly Hills still there?

JediTricks
09-01-2003, 12:22 AM
No, they moved it to a new store in The Grove at the Farmer's Market. Basically, when FAO was bought by another company, they were already going bad, but after they were bought they went in the toilet. Then, as I understand it, the company was separated and was able to buy itself out of the larger corporation, but most of the stores were liquidated because the new FAO company couldn't afford 'em.

stillakid
09-01-2003, 12:38 AM
No, they moved it to a new store in The Grove at the Farmer's Market. Basically, when FAO was bought by another company, they were already going bad, but after they were bought they went in the toilet. Then, as I understand it, the company was separated and was able to buy itself out of the larger corporation, but most of the stores were liquidated because the new FAO company couldn't afford 'em.

That tells you the last time I was at an FAO. :rolleyes: In fact, I believe it was out in Glendale and I saw a bunch of the big ol' Fambaa's collecting dust. I had, of course, just overpaid an online retailer figuring I'd never see that one. Being that they were still overpriced, even at "retail" (FAO's version of it anyway), I kept the number of Fambaa's in my collection to just one, though it would have been nice to have two for the shield effect thingie. Oh well. You can't have everything...where would you put it? (thanks to Steven Wright)

JediTricks
09-01-2003, 09:45 PM
I kept the number of Fambaas in my collection to just none, even after I found 'em at Glendale FAO for half-off (and it took a long time to get there). No matter what I thought of the toy itself (not much), the idea of Hasbro letting FAO gouge Star Wars collectors so badly was an affront to everything good about the SW line.