PDA

View Full Version : Bigger & Better pics of the NEW figures!

Battle Droid
08-08-2003, 11:26 AM
From, www.starwars.hasbro.com

http://www.hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.headlines/id.950/dn/default.cfm

Is it just me or does the Wampa look a little too friendly in the face, and what's that sticking out the back of his head? It better not be a button.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
I'm liking the quality of these figures! :D

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2003, 11:38 AM
Hehehehehe The Wampa DOES look a bit too inviting. He has a grin on his face that says, "hi, welcome to my cave. I'll be dining on your tauntaun tonight." That one hand looks like it could be used to welcome Luke in.

These figures look AWESOME. Way to go Hasbro! :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-08-2003, 11:40 AM
These all look awesome. Thank God Saesee turned out to not be screaming!

El Chuxter
08-08-2003, 11:43 AM
My William Shatner impression:
Urgh. High. . . level. . . web. . . traffic! Site. . . too slow! Can't. . . see. . . pics!

Can someone who can actually get through to the site post some pics here?

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-08-2003, 11:58 AM
New Basic Figures:

Obi-Wan Kenobi, Coruscant Night Club - Includes a bar glass and part of the Night Club bar. Available around the end of the year.

Elan Sleazebaggano - Also includes a bar glass, death stick container and part of the Night Club bar. And Obi-Wan and Elan's bars (each sold separately) interconnect to re-create the scene. Available around the end of the year.

Ayy Vida, Coruscant Night Club - Also from the Night Club scene. She comes with a bar stool and cocktail glass. Available around the end of the year.

Clone Wars Kit Fisto - Kit is ready for underwater battles! He comes with a lightsaber and will be available around the end of the year.

Clone Wars Saesee Tiin - Comes with a lightsaber and communications headset so he's ready to pilot a Jedi Starfighter into battle. Also available around the end of the year.

Hoth Trooper - Comes with a blaster rifle, communications pack and display stand. Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

R-3PO - Also comes with a display stand. Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

Luke Skywalker, Hoth Attack - Comes with a lightsaber, goggles and part of the Wampa's cave. Plus Luke's base interconnects with the Wampa's base (each sold separately) to recreate the battle scene. Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-08-2003, 12:01 PM
Here's the rest

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-08-2003, 12:08 PM
New Deluxe Figures:

Wampa - Awesome new Wampa figure features new torso articulation and comes with part of his ice cave and a tauntaun part. And as mentioned above, the Wampa's base connects with the Luke Skywalker Hoth Attack figure (each sold separately) to recreate the scene. Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

General Rieekan - The "coolest" General comes with a tactical display map. Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

C-3PO - Features an escape pod that can fit him and R2-D2 (sold separately). Available around the end of 2003/beginning of 2004.

Teeska Mon Eebon
08-08-2003, 12:09 PM
There ya go El Chuxter

El Chuxter
08-08-2003, 12:11 PM
The Wampa looks like he's asking someone to have a few beers with him!! :D Other than that, cool.

Riekkan and Elan are dead-on likenesses. Can't say I'm too impressed with the Hoth Trooper from this pic, unfortunately.

Kit. . . man, dig those pecs! All the Ayy Vida figures will be after him! :D

JangoFart
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
That Hoth trooper has the goofiest look I've ever seen on a figure. Other than that, I love 'em all.

Oh yeah. I haven't noticed anywhere whether the new Deluxe figs will be boxed or carded. Anyone know the answer to that?

J

2-1B
08-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Why does Kit Fisto's torso look like it has been skin grafted? :confused:

Cool pics, thanks. :)
I'll definitely be getting Obi and Sleazy, I just hope they don't ruin the Obi figure too much.

WOW you guys are right, that IS a great likeness of Riekkan. I'm impressed. :)

InsaneJediGirl
08-08-2003, 12:23 PM
Nice,the Wampa looks like he's waving to his friend,not about to dine on Luke.Other than that,very nice looking :D

aceguide
08-08-2003, 12:28 PM
These pics are very exciting. I'm looking forward to all of them!

amidalak
08-08-2003, 12:32 PM
almost 1 1/2 years after the release of the movie, finally a good ep. 2 obi!!! everything looks great as far as i'm concerned, no action features, lots of articulation, great accessories, limited scene specific poses, hasbro has finally got it. love 'em!!!

Kidhuman
08-08-2003, 01:04 PM
Great looking pics. The Wampa needs to be friendly as to lure his orey in so he can beat them and eat them.

Rieekan looks real cool. I like the escape pod, havent had one of those since my Tatooine set got thrown out back in the dark ages of my childhood.

plasticfetish
08-08-2003, 01:49 PM
Wow! This stuff does look great. I'd figure we're looking at prototypes, but if the final quality is nearly as good I'm up for most (or all?) of these.

I may even buy the Obi-Wan figure ... the face still doesn't look quite right, but the detail and articulation are great. All of the Coruscant Night Club stuff is looking good ... I wish we could get a nice similarly articulated Anakin to go along with this bunch. (I suppose another Zam without the "quick-draw action" is out of the question.)

The Hoth stuff ... all of it is simply great. Yeah, the Trooper's face is a little odd, but the rest is great. Rieekan is perfect ... and I love the map thing. I wish I could have a bunch of just those.

C-3PO and the pod ... wow, I hope that turns out looking just like it does in the photo. Easily one of the nicest things that I've ever seen ... the 3PO detail is super. Very exciting.

It's gonna be a long wait.

JediTricks
08-08-2003, 01:59 PM
I don't like the face sculpts on either Rieekan or the Hoth Trooper, there's something kinda "wrong" about both of them.

Also, the Clone Wars Kit Fisto shown at the con has his skirt on backwards, that's not great for the prototype I'll bet, it's not designed that way. Reminds me a little of President's Skroob's "beaming" scene in Spaceballs. :eek: :p

BTW, SSG has up pics of the toys actually on display: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/photo/showgallery.php?cat=628

El Chuxter
08-08-2003, 02:06 PM
That pic of Kit makes him look even cooler! I can't tell for sure, but it looks like he may have at least one ball-jointed shoulder.

Darth Sidious
08-08-2003, 02:07 PM
No no no, take a closer look at the Wampa's face. The reason it looks happy is because the blood is there. Imagine it without the blood, and it shouldn't look so happy anymore. The blood gives the misleading impression af a grin, when no grin is present on the actual mouth. I love the Hoth Luke and Wampa sets. If I can find 2 things this year, I hope it's them.

OC47150
08-08-2003, 02:09 PM
It looks like Hasbro is listening to the fans and packing more stuff in with the figures. I really like the new deluxe line. Can't wait to get my hands on it!!

plasticfetish
08-08-2003, 02:49 PM
BTW, SSG has up pics of the toys actually on display
Oh yeah. Nice pics ... this stuff looks even better in those photos.

JediTricks
08-08-2003, 03:12 PM
Also, the Clone Wars Kit Fisto shown at the con has his skirt on backwards, that's not great for the prototype I'll bet, it's not designed that way. Reminds me a little of President's Skroob's "beaming" scene in Spaceballs. :eek: :pI told Steve about this, Steve told Hasbro, so Hasbro went and fixed it in their display. Kinda neat. :cool:

TheDarthVader
08-08-2003, 03:56 PM
I like these figures! The Rieekan looks good to me.
The only figure that looks bad is the Hoth Soldier. It just doesn't look right. I hope Hasbro fixes the head sculpt before release! ;)

LTBasker
08-08-2003, 09:11 PM
These all rock. The Hoth Rebel Soldier is especially sweet! Not alot to him but not any BS parts either. Looks like he even has a removeable blaster in his holster, which is frickin awesome. I wish he had removeable goggles though. How him and R-3PO have deck plate-looking stands is cool as well.

I'd go through them all and review'em but they all just look cool. Can't believe theres not a bad one of the bunch...

JediTricks
08-08-2003, 10:29 PM
I think the Hoth Trooper's backpack is the same as the original figure's. That's one accessory that needs an update IMO. It's been seen in the original POTF2 figure, the deluxe version, repainted with the Endor Rebel Soldier, and included in the Target Hoth accessory pack.

hango fett
08-08-2003, 10:34 PM
very nice hasbro. here have a cookie *throws cookie to geeky looking computer nerd with a hasbro shirt on*
:evil:
h

LTBasker
08-08-2003, 10:44 PM
I think the Hoth Trooper's backpack is the same as the original figure's.

I dunno, the antenna's turned around. On the original version IIRC the larger part on the top of it was turned inwards- this one's outwards. I don't think it's that needed, as it was actually pretty accurate to the actual backpacks. As for it being repainted, you could actually see an Endor Soldier wearing it without an antenna just like the POTF2 Endor Soldier's. So in the end they're both pretty accurate and need just slight tweaking. :)

Would like to see a removeable grenade version though, that would be sweet. Plus maybe some more cloth-like details in it such as wrinkles here and there..

JediTricks
08-08-2003, 11:46 PM
LT, they're hollow, that's the problem I have. You can see this on every figure wearing it, looks bad to me.

LTBasker
08-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Good point, I'd like for them to be filled in as well, maybe able to open on the top or something so you could slip a small blaster in. They might be a bit too heavy if they were a full piece of plastic..

mista_carrot
08-09-2003, 04:37 PM
To me the Hoth Trooper is too close to the POTF2 versions. I'd rather him not have such a wide leg stance. I'm really digging the other figures though; I love non-movie years! Hoth Luke and the Wampa look awesome...Luke is pretty close to a design I drew up a year ago! Kinda makes me wonder if they saw it.