PDA

View Full Version : Indiana Jones DVD info

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2003, 11:28 PM
Um, sorry about a seperate post, but there was a thread about the Indy DVD's a while back and now, it's gone.

Thought i'd give everybody the heads up that hte Indiana Jones DVD set is being released a few weeks earlier, October 21st!!

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=2176&n=1&k=Indiana+Jones&burl=r%3D0%26g%3Dinfo%26s%3D1%26k%3DIndiana%2BJone s

With that and "28 days Later" being out on that day, it's going to be an expensive tuesday for me. I can't wait! :D

Pendo
08-09-2003, 05:25 AM
Thanx for the heads up :). I hope the UK release date has also been put forward. Anyways, it'll make November's DVD list a little easier on the wallet :).

PENDO!

Exhaust Port
08-09-2003, 11:27 AM
Wow that's a great price especially since most stores run sales during the first week of release so it will probably be even cheaper then.

hango fett
08-09-2003, 11:57 AM
holy cow! that is a terrific price! can't wait to get it!
h

Sentinel18725
08-09-2003, 11:27 PM
This is excellent. I can't wait for this. It reminds me of what is still left to come out!

Pendo
08-10-2003, 06:03 AM
Paramount have submitted the cut version of Temple of Doom to the BBFC :(. The UK's version was edited to obtain a PG rating, but I was hoping for the DVD they will use the unedited version, but they've not :cry:!

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2003, 11:57 AM
Pendo- Uh, huh? Does this mean that ALL the DVD releases for Temple will be edited or just the UK? Also, what is edited from the flick anyway? I don't think i've seen it edited.

Pendo
08-10-2003, 12:53 PM
It's just the UK version that will be edited :(.

I know there is a scene of a hand in a guy's chest ripping out his heart which is gone :(, and the guy in flames as he is sacrificed. I also heard there were scenes of Short Round being whipped and Indy shouting something like "Leave him alone you bastards" which is also gone in our version :(.

The BBFC said they were willing to review the uncut version when the VHS came out, but Spielberg wouldn't let them :mad:.

PENDO!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-10-2003, 02:23 PM
what?!?!? If i'm reading this right, that's NUTS!! so, when you purchase the DVD's when they come out, you'll be getting the movie all edited and crap?!?! This isn't a broadcast on television or anything, so why in the hell would it be edited?!?! That's just stupid! Damn the Man!!

hango fett
08-10-2003, 04:41 PM
that is awful. its a dvd for gods sake! it is supposed to have all the stuff in it! lucky us i guess...
h

Pendo
08-11-2003, 12:11 PM
what?!?!? If i'm reading this right, that's NUTS!! so, when you purchase the DVD's when they come out, you'll be getting the movie all edited and crap?!?! This isn't a broadcast on television or anything, so why in the hell would it be edited?!?! That's just stupid! Damn the Man!!

It's editied in the UK because when it was originaly submitted to the BBFC in 1984 it would have obtained a 15 rating unless certain bits were cut out. Ever since then the UK have only ever seen the edited version :(. Spielberg has had a few chances to resubmit an unedited version but refuses to :mad:!

It's not too much damage to the movie though, I didn't even know about the edit until I read the UK version was getting the edited version, so I'm not too bothered about it, but it would have been nice to get the full version :).

PENDO!