PDA

View Full Version : The Playset issue

Devo
08-09-2003, 04:37 PM
Is anyone satisfied with the response on this? Looks like we'll never again get any playsets for the OT. They said there might be some playsets in the next movie year..well theres only one more movie year, Episode III, of which I for one could care less. No ESB ion cannon, no star destroyer bridge, no Yoda's hut, no updated ewok village. Well?

Capitan_Moroni
08-09-2003, 04:47 PM
All well, life goes on.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2003, 05:54 PM
Well, I'm sure we will eventually see some OT playsets. Maybe when the Fan Club gets their act together, we can get a few in the same way we got the Carbon Freexing Chamber in 2001. :)

Kidhuman
08-09-2003, 08:57 PM
That bites the big one. Iwaslooking foward to some OT playsets. If they didnt muff upthe playsets from EPII then maybe they would make them still. Goback to the way they were. I thought the EP! playsets sold pretty well. I was hoping for a new Ewok Village somewhere down the road too. :mad:

SplFrcsCWO
08-09-2003, 11:30 PM
With all the upcoming Hoth goodies, how could they not do a playset to tie them together??

JediTricks
08-11-2003, 01:08 AM
Honestly, I see Hasbro's POV here - playsets just don't sell as well as they did 20 years ago, not with SW or any line from any company, and since these items are more expensive to create molds for, the risks outweigh the potential for returns by a large margin. We're lucky we get vehicles these days really, they're in the same boat generally, that's why Action Fleet worked for Galoob, the smaller figures made for smaller vehicles and playsets.