PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Cloud City Playset!!!!

Battle Droid
08-09-2003, 05:23 PM
Check out www.fbtb.net

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-09-2003, 06:16 PM
I have not gotten Lego sets for a while, but daaaaaaaaaamn I am going to have to start again. This is too cool . . .

Tonysmo
08-10-2003, 06:26 AM
HOLY _ WOW! Im stoked! Thats a cool looking set.. and there goes ALL the Lando talk out the window eh? I knew they would come through..

AGGGHHH!! Im so far behind on picking up the new sets!! Must! SPEND! MUCHOS CASHOLA!

just picked up the whole mini set II though, and while I like the AT AT and the falcon, the Y-Wing rocks the most..

LusiferSam
08-10-2003, 01:31 PM
I have to say I'm little bit disappointed. EBS makes the Cloud City feel more vertical then horizontal. One shot of this set shows it very horizontal. And it may just be the way their connected, but most of them look half baked. I'm last negative point is Lando. As I've said before I think Lego is going to cache heat for how ever they handle the issue.
Ok on the plus side. We're getting Lando! I love the new Luke and Leia. And it looks like there are some cool play features, like having Luke crash thought a window and freezing Han. From the picture the construction like modular, so should be easy to expand with your own creations or Lego's.
Now if only Lego didn't have so many cool sets this year...

bobafrett
08-10-2003, 06:47 PM
I like this one, not love, just like. I'm very excited to see that we are going to get a Lando. Maybe a Mace W. figure won't be to far behind. Hey, plus they have a Stormtrooper! Can't have enough Stormtroopers! I wonder if there will be one large center piece like the Jabba set, with two smaller sets. It looks like three or four small sets from what I see in the picture.

JediTricks
08-11-2003, 12:28 AM
Looks ok, but I want to see more before I convince myself that it's worth $100. Looks more like 4 separate sets that got put in one box than anything else. Each section looks cool, but none are big enough. Such is the problem with doing Cloud City I think, can't do it like a castle set.

Capitan_Moroni
08-11-2003, 01:59 PM
I love sectional sets like this. It brings Fort Legorado to mind.

JediTricks
08-11-2003, 11:49 PM
I thought Fort Legorado was the fort with the gambler who dropped into the cell. Or do you mean the others in the series, the buildings?

aceguide
08-12-2003, 09:22 AM
Granted - this is one cool looking set. I am a bit shocked by the price point for it - $99? That's going to sting.

What I am really happy about is the direction lego is going with these sets like Cloud City and Jabba's Palace. There would seem to be quite a few environments they could make in a similar, modular style: Hoth (control room, medical wing, trenches...), Mos Eisley (cantina, streets, hanger...), Death Star (trash compactor, shield generator, control room...), Endor (bunker door, ewok village...).

Way to go lego. Maybe you could take over Hasbro.

LusiferSam
08-12-2003, 01:21 PM
Looks more like 4 separate sets that got put in one box than anything else. Each section looks cool, but none are big enough. Such is the problem with doing Cloud City I think, can't do it like a castle set.

After looking at the picture again, those were my thoughts exactly. And its too bad Lego won't go that route because the sets would have to be that big to get all the detail in. But the price would sky rocket.

Capitan_Moroni
08-12-2003, 01:28 PM
I thought Fort Legorado was the fort with the gambler who dropped into the cell. Or do you mean the others in the series, the buildings?

I forgot the town was sectional also, but I was initially thinking of the fort itself with the 4 diffrent sides that you could build and then put together. Gosh those were great sets..

yngadult
08-15-2003, 05:20 PM
Looks fun but I would have preferred a Death Star scene or Hoth planet scenario.

El Chuxter
08-15-2003, 05:26 PM
I was excited by the pictures, but then I read the price. Considering that I've been able to (with more than a little patience) get 99% of the recent Lego sets at clearance prices at Wally World and Che Target, an exclusive for $100 is a bit of a shocker. :eek:

Wonder if the Lego store at Downtown Disney will have this or not? Maybe I can check it out in person and see if it's worth it.

JediTricks
08-15-2003, 08:40 PM
Yes, the Lego stores will also have this set... eventually, just not on its release date.

gtrain29
08-20-2003, 01:09 AM
Looks fun but I would have preferred a Death Star scene or Hoth planet scenario.

Hoth sets would definitely be awesome! Especially if you could set up the battle scene. Not to mention wampa cave and all that other stuff.

I wish the cloud city had been modular because lego could go a long way if they started making modular sets of all the different landscapes.

JediTricks
08-20-2003, 02:53 AM
They are modular, you can see they're attached to each other by Technic pieces at the bottom. Gotta buy 'em all at once of course, but they are modular.

Kidhuman
08-21-2003, 01:13 AM
Well it looks like a real nice set. I dont collect Lego's and looking at it I thought this might be the first one I get. But then I saw the price. We shall see.....

A hoth or Mos Eisley would be great as well. Lego's are actually looking really good these days. El Chuxter, I was in Kmart last week and they were clearanceing out Lego's as well. You might want to check there too.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-21-2003, 05:30 PM
I was hunting around on fbtb.net and discovered that there's a good-sized landing pad on the backside of the set. The pad is connected with a walkway going to the dining room door, which can be raised and lowered using a mechanism built into the set. The carbonite freezing chamber has a mechanism that allows Han (or any other figure) to be lowered down, then replaced by a Frozen Han block, like the one from Slave 1 or Jabba's Prize.

LusiferSam
08-22-2003, 01:25 AM
Very cool, I just checked it out. It seemed like the set was a little small for that price from the one picture. The landing pad ups the size, but I'll have to see it before giving an opinion. Most of the other little gizmos I had guessed. The freezing mechanism is different then what I imaged, but it there. You just can't make a Bespin set without a way of freezing people, it just can't be. The break-away walls I had assumed. But the dining door was a surprise. I thought for sure it would be manual like in the Jedi Defense sets.

JediTricks
08-22-2003, 11:58 PM
The pad does add value to the set, but it doesn't look large enough to handle the Falcon so I'm still not entirely sold on the price tag. However, you guys are right, if Lego had showed the pad on the box cover, it'd feel like a much better-sized set.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-25-2003, 11:24 AM
The pad does add value to the set, but it doesn't look large enough to handle the Falcon...

But probably large enough for the Slave 1.

JediTricks
08-25-2003, 11:24 PM
Boba's version, yeah, but the much better Jango's version? I doubt it.

LusiferSam
09-03-2003, 10:47 PM
I just got my new Shop at Home catalog and it had some new pics of the Cloud City set. From the new pictures it looks like Boba Fett is all new, well new legs and torso. The set is photoed at a new angel. Its from the other end, not the Freezing Chamber side. And as a final note there's some more shots of the landing platform.

mrhat
09-03-2003, 11:45 PM
What can i say LANDO LOOKS RIGHT (that whole brick color scandel was horid) Battle action, a new leia, a redone boba, a new luke, hizza, that Dagobah is lookin pretty sweet too (gotta love yodas hut)

bobafrett
09-04-2003, 12:42 AM
I got my Lego catalog today and I like the set, but the price might put it on the "to buy" backburner for now.

mrhat
09-04-2003, 12:59 AM
Since it supposedly exclusive, the price may never go down.

2-1B
11-10-2003, 02:54 PM
Where is it exclusive to? Did I miss it mentioned in here?

Anyway I love the pics I've seen and I LOVE that Lando . . . the price I could do without but I just may have to do it.