PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

dan kenobi
11-24-2001, 09:14 PM
I know its a sin to mention ebay, but I have many financial woes right now. Sadly, I need to sell my carded/boxed collection and need to utilize ebay to get the most value for my collection. I'm not great with computers and I want to make the listing look as good as possible. Could anyone tell me how to put a chart on ebay so I could put down the item, card number, etc.

Thank you so much for any help you can offer.

If you want to email me instead of posting, its dakarforce@hotmail.com :cry:

JediCole
11-24-2001, 10:32 PM
I am sorry to hear that you feel that the mention of eBay is a sin. That is an unfortunate circumstance. In my experience, there are as many bargains as scalper prices to be found there.
Anyway, as for how best to sell your collection on eBay, I cannot offer much in the way of technical advice, but much in the way of practical advice.
Number one, DO NOT offer your collection as a single auction. Sure in the long run it costs less (by fees) in that way, but you will garner far less in the end. If you break up the collection into at least smaller lots, if not individiual items, you will ultimately see a larger return. From what I've seen on eBay, large lots historically go for less per item than various auctions for the same items sold seperatly. The other thing to do is try a search by item for the types of things you are selling. Get a feel for what other sellers are getting for the same items. That will give you a better idea of what to sell by itself (those things that seem to be commanding a high price) and what to sell in lots (the things that are garnering less than the original retail). You can also search completed items to get a feel for the final sale price of such items, as compared to those auctions that have yet to close.
Just some advice gained from personal experience and/or observations of the particular dynamics of eBay.

dan kenobi
11-24-2001, 11:27 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will definitely keep it that in mind. I'll probably try it as a whole at a price I'm comfortable at, if it doesn't sell, I'll break it up as you suggested. Thanks again!