PDA

View Full Version : Luke Jedi Knight

rherk
08-10-2003, 07:56 PM
Please read this! Please understand its importance. The new Luke jedi figure itself looks nice. However, there are 2 important changes that MUST be made (I need everyones support on this). You must not make Lukes vest brown as it appears in the picture. I am truly hoping it just looks this way cause of the rough picture.

And, most importantly, Change the cloak!!! It looks terrible!!! Please make it plastic!!!

Please do this. My continuation of collecting Star Wars figures depends on it (I mean this not as a threat).

Without the perfection of this figure, I cannot continue spending all my money on Star Wars figures anymore. I know it sounds drastic but you must understand.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-10-2003, 09:09 PM
I think everything looks great, but the cloak is too big. I like the cloak being cloth so the hood can go up or down, but I wouldn't mind plastic either. Just make it smaller.

otter
08-10-2003, 09:48 PM
Yeah, I gotta agree that the cloak looks a little funny to me. It reminds of the Jedi Starfighter Obi-Wan figure--a perfectly fine figure, but the bulky cloth cloak looks really bad.

yngadult
08-14-2003, 04:32 PM
The brown / grey vest may actually be movie accurate even though black looks a lot cooler.
As for the cape, I prefer a plastic one as well for uniformity. But one does get more versatility out of the cloth one (hood up/down, mobility)
I imagine Hasbro will lean towards movie accuracy which I applaud them for. You're doing good Hasbro.
If the fig comes out with a cloth cape, I may look into customizing it with one of the many variations of Vader capes I have or even the POTF2 Luke Jedi cape. If they are too long, a little shaving off the bottom would correct that.
I hope this gives you some solace Rherk as an option to cloth capes.
Besides, I'm pretty sure if another well made SW fig comes out, you'll give in to buying it. :)
I look back and am glad we're not stuck with only POTF2 versions like there was only one vintage version of figs. Hasbro has done many improvements since then and I look forward to what is to come.

joe-da
08-14-2003, 08:07 PM
What about his hands?

It looks like his left hand is made to hold the blaster & saber.

In ROTJ, Luke grabs and holds the blaster in his right hand.

Oh, and the cloak looks ..... odd.