PDA

View Full Version : Temuera Morrison returning?!?!?

Battle Droid
08-11-2003, 05:31 PM
Hopefully not a Jango Fett... Stormtrooper, since it's been confirmed that he won't be playing a full grown Clonetrooper in it?

http://www.starwars.com/episode-iii/bts/production/news20030811.html

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-11-2003, 09:57 PM
What? I can see maybe recording the voices for Boba/clonetoropers/stormtroopers, but not anything else. This is odd, but cool!
Where was it confirmed that he would not play an adult clone, though?

Battle Droid
08-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Where was it confirmed that he would not play an adult clone, though?

In Star Wars Insider #69 McCallum said he probably would not be returning, I thought he said would not instead of probably not, so I guess there's still a chance he could be a Clone Trooper.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-12-2003, 01:53 AM
It would only make sense that he has SOME work w/ the troopers since he is the primary source for all their DNA and whatnot. It will be kinda weird though! hehehehehehe :D

Pendo
08-12-2003, 07:04 AM
Temuera was one of the actors I hoped would be returning :). Whether he's playing a full grown clone, or just providing his voice, I'll be happy :). I just hope they don't make him Jango Fett, and explain that the one killed by Mace on Geonosis was really a clone :eek:!

PENDO!

Jargo
08-12-2003, 09:10 AM
Vocal work or hologram sounds like the most logical use for him. Or degraded DNA clonetroopers looking rough as hell.:)

icatch9
08-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Temuera was one of the actors I hoped would be returning :). Whether he's playing a full grown clone, or just providing his voice, I'll be happy :). I just hope they don't make him Jango Fett, and explain that the one killed by Mace on Geonosis was really a clone :eek:!

PENDO!

I don't think we have to worry about that. I don't think he'd lie to his son like that. He wouldn't have left Boba there all by himself to get captured or killed or something.

I think the most logical choices are his voice, clone trooper, or Boba Fett. They can do wounders with makeup now a days :D.

Pendo
08-12-2003, 09:57 AM
I think the most logical choices are his voice, clone trooper, or Boba Fett. They can do wounders with makeup now a days :D.

Boba Fett? Isn't he supposed to be 13 in Ep3??? Those growth spurts are a real pain :rolleyes:!

PENDO!

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 10:39 AM
The Kaminoans lied a little bit. They altered him... just a tad. :rolleyes:

icatch9
08-12-2003, 12:07 PM
Hey, I didn't say it'd look good, I just said it was a possability :). After all Luke and Liea are supposed to be 16 in ANH.

Also, it's possible that Boba took some growth stuff after his dad was killed. So that he'd be fully grown and powerful enough to kill Mace. You know, and angry teenager would do something like that. If it was an option wouldn't you have when you were 13?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Hey, I didn't say it'd look good, I just said it was a possability :). After all Luke and Liea are supposed to be 16 in ANH.

Also, it's possible that Boba took some growth stuff after his dad was killed. So that he'd be fully grown and powerful enough to kill Mace. You know, and angry teenager would do something like that. If it was an option wouldn't you have when you were 13?
I won't. :p

Luke and Leia, according to the timeline that Episode III is 20 years before ANH, should be around 20 in ANH.

I think it'd be cool to see Tem's face in ESB, in the Slave I, maybe in the set from AOTC (even though it was probably destroyed).

jedi master sal
08-12-2003, 12:56 PM
Ooh ooh, how about Tem making an appearance as an ARC trooper. We've heard that another EU character makes an appearance in EPIII maybe that's it!

This would make more sense as the ARC troopers were the closest thing to Jango next to Boba. And the age in his face would look correct.

Only thing is, there would have to be some slpaining (explaining) to do, which isn't George's style.

JEDIpartner
08-12-2003, 01:03 PM
...After all Luke and Liea are supposed to be 16 in ANH.

I had read they were supposed to have been 20! :eek:

Pendo
08-12-2003, 03:03 PM
I think it'd be cool to see Tem's face in ESB, in the Slave I, maybe in the set from AOTC (even though it was probably destroyed).

I hope Goerge does get Temuera to do some Archival Edition stuff :). I want to see some unmasked Stormies as a visual that they are actually clones, and also unmasked Boba. I wouldn't like to see Boba unmasked in ESB originally, but as we've seen him unmasked now anyway in AOTC I'd really like to see him stand in the Carbon Freezing Chamber with his helmet in his arms to the side showing his face which is exactly the same as his fathers :).

PENDO!

icatch9
08-12-2003, 03:24 PM
Yea, I know that a lot of repots say that Luke and Liea are 20. Makes a lot more sense. Still, for some reason, years ago (pre special edition) I found something that made thier age 16. I cannot remember for the life of me where it was or what it was, so I have no facts to back this up. So, we'll have to just go with 20 as there is a lot more proof and makes a lot more sense.

Sorry for the confusion.

I like the idea of a briefly unmasked Boba or Stormie in the archival edition, as long as it's not to blantant. No need to screw with it any more or make it to dorky.

CloneTrooperMace
08-13-2003, 09:08 AM
After the late word that Temuera Morrison (Jango Fett in AOTC) would be returning to Episode III as a different character, TFN has learned from a new insider named JumpingBean that the actor has already arrived on set in Australia. While we don't know exactly when he'll join the shooting schedule, be on the lookout for him on the webcam and in a future set diary! Why is this interesting? For a couple of reasons at least:

His casting announcement was just Monday, and he probably just signed a contract at the most a week ago. Is this a late emerging idea to add his (new or clonetrooper) character to the script? Are we getting something that wasn't planned or were there just some late negotiations that needed to work themselves out? Either way, they hired him this week and he's already on set. Sounds good to us.

Pendo
08-13-2003, 09:47 AM
The latest set diary has confirmed that he will be playing the face of the older clones, and that he will be wearing a blue body suit so that ILM can add the Clonetrooper armor :).

Tem is back, as one of the faces of the Republic clone troopers. Some of the soldiers are older, grizzled with Tem's face -- enhanced with battle scars, while others are more fresh-faced, played by Bodie Taylor. As Bodie did for Episode II's clone commissary scene, the actors film multiple takes of the same scene, in different positions, so that they can properly duplicated into large numbers. Since the clone trooper armor will continue to be computer-generated, Bodie and Tem wear blue bodysuits, lined with tracking markers to help gather performance data. "I just need their heads," says Rob Coleman.

PENDO!

Jargo
08-13-2003, 10:00 AM
God that must be boring work doing all that standing around and walking back and forth and looking around and stuff. he'll have had to do a load of dull movement work. Then again I suppose he'll possibly have done vocal work too. But if the clones are ageing this fast in three years then that must be the reason they wore out so fast and were replaced with conscript stormtroopers eh? hence the different sizes of the stormtroopers.

Pendo
08-13-2003, 10:21 AM
But if the clones are ageing this fast in three years then that must be the reason they wore out so fast and were replaced with conscript stormtroopers eh? hence the different sizes of the stormtroopers.

Well, LOL :rolleyes:, while explaining about Tem being a clone, the set diary also tells us that the Stormtroopers ARE clones :(.

PENDO!

Jargo
08-13-2003, 10:28 AM
No way! How can they be clones unless they have millions of DNA donors? Them Kaminoans must have been kept mighty busy then. Or are we going to see unhelmeted stormtroopers added into the OT with Tem's face? bizarre.

icatch9
08-13-2003, 10:30 AM
What stops Stormtroopers from being both, clones and normal people? I mean, they have tons of officers that arn't clones, wouldn't it go to show that regular guys would want to join the Empire too. Not all of the are going to be smart enough to be officers. So, they just stick them in a clone trooper outfit.

On the other side, I guess humans who want to be in the Empire could become what we know as Death Star Troopers. After all, those guys are about as skilled as Stormies.

All these inclear answers to important questions.

I don't know if you guys ever heard this or not, but long ago befor TPM (I think) there was a spolier report about an army of Boba Fetts. If I recall no one believed the report at the time. When that's exactly what came true. Sure, they aren't wearing the same outfits, but the whole army is made up of Boba/Jango clones. Funny how the rediculous a few years ago is fact and well recieved today :).

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Well, at least he's not playing a reincarnated Jango or an accelerated Boba or somtehing stupid like that. But still, I'd like to hear him as the stormtroopers/adult Boba in the OT. :)

Jedi Clint
08-13-2003, 03:08 PM
No way! How can they be clones unless they have millions of DNA donors? Them Kaminoans must have been kept mighty busy then. Or are we going to see unhelmeted stormtroopers added into the OT with Tem's face? bizarre.

From the same source: George said when they needed more material from which to create clones, they went with new sources.

Jaff
08-14-2003, 12:40 PM
I don't see much mystery about his return, gonna be a clone trooper for sure, and he'll be doing all the voiceovers. But I am hoping what others suggested on this post that he does the voiceovers in the classic films to tie the bond between the prequels more!

Beast
08-14-2003, 12:44 PM
On the Luke/Leia Issue. Well, timeline wise they should be 18 or 19 in ANH. :)

TPM: -32 Years, AOTC: -22 Years, EIII: -19 Years, ANH: 0 Years, ESB: +3 Years, ROTJ: +6 Months or so.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Tycho
08-19-2003, 02:10 PM
From the same source: George said when they needed more material from which to create clones, they went with new sources.

I think it's purely poetic if Harrison Ford plays one of those sources for new genetic material: the "Father" of Han Solo.

"No mystical energy field controls my destiny." - and Ben laughs because he knows all the Clones exist because of the Sith, and the Sith exist because of the Force. So a mystical energy field does have something to do with it, Han!

Now perhaps Lando is also another kind of Stormtrooper Clone...

tagmac
08-21-2003, 11:52 PM
NOOOOOOO.........PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEE don't let Han and Lando be clones! That would be the most ridiculous plot twist, and would completely ruin their characters in the OT.

Tycho
08-22-2003, 12:41 AM
NOOOOOOO.........PLEEEEEEAAASSSSEEE don't let Han and Lando be clones! That would be the most ridiculous plot twist, and would completely ruin their characters in the OT.

Why?

SW was constructed to be a modern myth, so those overly coincidental things that occur within a small, confined cast, is very typical of that.

Almost every major OT character's origins/parents have been expanded on. Lando and Han remain the exceptions.

The universe is not supposed to be THAT random and real, in fact the Jedi believe the Force makes quite the opposite.

"Nothing happens by chance." - Qui-Gon Jinn

Anyway, as to OT Characters' origins:

Luke - Padme & Anakin
Leia - Padme & Anakin (Bail Organa)
Han - ???
Chewie - Itchy (with wife Malla, son Lumpy in Holiday Special)
Obi-Wan - Qui-Gon (with Yoda as an early and late mentor)
Darth Vader - Shmi Skywalker, Obi-Wan later
C-3PO - Anakin Skywalker
R2-D2 - Padme Amidala's droid force
Lando ???
Yoda - "son" Count Dooku, legacy: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Luke.
Boba Fett - Jango Fett (Taun We helping)
Jabba the Hutt - originally seeing building an empire off podracing
Palpatine ???

Then the prequel characters have been further established:

Qui-Gon (Dooku)
Padme (the Naberries)
JarJar (his background with Nass and Tarpals)
Dooku (Yoda)
Sith: Sidious, Maul, Tyranus, Vader

I think it's only natural that in this kind of fairy-tale myth, Han, and hopefully so as to not slight him, Lando, will both have their origins explained.

[Lando will not be a relative of Typho's or Panaka's, or how do you explain the name Calrissian? Unless it's an alias. But unfortunately, I think Lando's origins will remain a mystery most likely. EU has him remember a mother, so it'd be hard for him to be a Clone]

Han is a major character, so explaining him would be natural.